Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bees v Liverpool 19:31 - Jan 2 with 5056 viewsstainrods_elbow

[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:32]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bees v Liverpool on 19:48 - Jan 2 with 4405 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Not sure what you are crying about they were excellent had 2 goals chalked off and without Toney as well.
I see from posts on here some QPR fans despise them , I watch them on my TV package and they are very enjoyable to watch and tough at home .
They are actually closer to European places now that some massive clubs fair play to them
Bees v Liverpool on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 4383 viewsSirNose

If QPR weren’t constrained by stadium size, etc etc etc we could compete at the top level. Guess more time and patience is needed to give the owners, managers, and system time to succeed.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:55]
Bees v Liverpool on 19:54 - Jan 2 with 4357 viewsHordleHoop

Bees v Liverpool on 19:51 - Jan 2 by SirNose

If QPR weren’t constrained by stadium size, etc etc etc we could compete at the top level. Guess more time and patience is needed to give the owners, managers, and system time to succeed.

I’m pretty sure Griffin Park was much smaller than LR. Our problems are bigger than our ground
Bees v Liverpool on 19:57 - Jan 2 with 4336 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bees v Liverpool on 19:48 - Jan 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Not sure what you are crying about they were excellent had 2 goals chalked off and without Toney as well.
I see from posts on here some QPR fans despise them , I watch them on my TV package and they are very enjoyable to watch and tough at home .
They are actually closer to European places now that some massive clubs fair play to them

Most will be perplexed by your perplexity. I'm a QPR supporter, not a Brentford fan - no idea what kind of you might be if our melancholy rivalry with them comes as news to you. Try reading one or two of the other posts here about how upsetting it is that they're everything we're not.

Will we ever rise again?

Meanwhile, Warnock is in the building.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:58]

Bees v Liverpool on 20:02 - Jan 2 with 4308 viewsSirNose

Bees v Liverpool on 19:54 - Jan 2 by HordleHoop

I’m pretty sure Griffin Park was much smaller than LR. Our problems are bigger than our ground

I’m mocking the common excuses posted for lack of success.😉
Bees v Liverpool on 20:02 - Jan 2 with 4308 viewsconnell10

Bees v Liverpool on 19:57 - Jan 2 by stainrods_elbow

Most will be perplexed by your perplexity. I'm a QPR supporter, not a Brentford fan - no idea what kind of you might be if our melancholy rivalry with them comes as news to you. Try reading one or two of the other posts here about how upsetting it is that they're everything we're not.

Will we ever rise again?

Meanwhile, Warnock is in the building.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 19:58]

Agree our Fan base is perplexing...F uck Brentford.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bees v Liverpool on 20:03 - Jan 2 with 4301 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's bizarre how this red herring persists - and regular readers will know who I blame. Griffin Park was 3/4 the size of LR, and their spanky new ground is also smaller than ours. Gate receipts mean less and less as a proportion of footballing income the higher one climbs the tree. What's clear under our current adminisitration is the refusal to think positively and leave no stone unturned re maximising the potential of the present site. In any event, to cite it as a telling factor in our own case borders on the perverse.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 20:06]

Bees v Liverpool on 20:29 - Jan 2 with 4226 viewsJuzzie

Football is cyclical. Sunderland were recently down there as were Forest, Leeds, Man City and so on. Ipswich and Charlton been there a while.

We’ve had our time in the PL and down in the third tier.

What, how and where other clubs are is not really any of our concern.

It’s pointless bemoaning what Brentford are doing, especially if it’s just used for leverage to have a moan about QPR, just comes across as sour grapes IMO.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 20:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Bees v Liverpool on 20:32 - Jan 2 with 4209 viewsHarbour

Can’t see the fascination in the Hounslow lot.
Bees v Liverpool on 20:49 - Jan 2 with 4170 viewsSirNose

Bees v Liverpool on 20:29 - Jan 2 by Juzzie

Football is cyclical. Sunderland were recently down there as were Forest, Leeds, Man City and so on. Ipswich and Charlton been there a while.

We’ve had our time in the PL and down in the third tier.

What, how and where other clubs are is not really any of our concern.

It’s pointless bemoaning what Brentford are doing, especially if it’s just used for leverage to have a moan about QPR, just comes across as sour grapes IMO.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 20:43]

Its not a commentary about what others are doing and more spotlighting QPR contrive second tier mid-table mediocrity without many high-value player sales YoY under the same constraints as more successful clubs and how some folks always have excuses for it.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 21:01]
Bees v Liverpool on 20:57 - Jan 2 with 4100 viewsLblock

Bees v Liverpool on 19:48 - Jan 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Wow.

Just.

Well

Wow

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bees v Liverpool on 20:58 - Jan 2 with 4094 viewsRs_Holy

double post
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 21:01]
Bees v Liverpool on 21:00 - Jan 2 with 4084 viewsRs_Holy

good luck to brentford... i know a few bees fans and they had many, many lean years. They seem to improve slightly every season... delighted they are ahead of chelsea.
Bees v Liverpool on 07:30 - Jan 3 with 3650 viewsPaddyhoops

Bees v Liverpool on 20:57 - Jan 2 by Lblock

Wow.

Just.

Well

Wow

. I’ve drank in west London pubs for 35 years and have had to listen to Brentford fans slagging us off for years. We do the same to them . It’s banter.
However the vitriol has increased in the last few years and the fact that Sky has positioned them as everybody’s favourite second team doesn’t help.
I really do want to see them fall flat on thier arses in every respect . Call it jealousy. Fair enough but I won’t be sending any laurels thier way.
Middlesex’s finest in fairness.
Let’s see how they fare when Frank inevitably buggers off to manage a top six side.
Not so easy then .
Bees v Liverpool on 09:01 - Jan 3 with 3537 viewsBushRanger82

Brentford's capacity at their new stadium, is smaller than ours at our old rundown dilapidated old stadium.
Stadium size is the least of our problems.
Bees v Liverpool on 09:02 - Jan 3 with 3534 viewsHAYESBOY

Family on my Dads side are mostly Brentford, so don't mind them doing well.

The other two however can fck right off.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bees v Liverpool on 09:23 - Jan 3 with 3480 viewsstevec

Ground capacity in the Premier is a lot more important than you’d think.

The top 6 are in the top 7 for biggest grounds, only West Ham bucking the trend and clubs below 30,000 capacity, with the exception of Palace, struggle to remain there for very long.

As I enjoy pointing out to a Chelsea mate, your only 9th largest capacity and it will catch up with you, which is coming to fruition.

I’m impressed with Brentford, hard to see how they’ll buck the trend for too many years, but if nothing else, it should give us hope.
Bees v Liverpool on 10:04 - Jan 3 with 3433 viewsswitchingcode

Bees v Liverpool on 07:30 - Jan 3 by Paddyhoops

. I’ve drank in west London pubs for 35 years and have had to listen to Brentford fans slagging us off for years. We do the same to them . It’s banter.
However the vitriol has increased in the last few years and the fact that Sky has positioned them as everybody’s favourite second team doesn’t help.
I really do want to see them fall flat on thier arses in every respect . Call it jealousy. Fair enough but I won’t be sending any laurels thier way.
Let’s see how they fare when Frank inevitably buggers off to manage a top six side.
Not so easy then .

Banter in my book is what i had with RaRa mates in a local pub before our game and they went on to yours.Faceless tough guys giving it large on SM sites is so pointless,not aimed at you I’d add.
Our recent history shows the only person leaving Brentford that would be a massive blow would be Matthew Benham.
Unlike previous managers Frank knows how the clubs set up makes a managers job one of the many links in the chain.Frank had offers from 2 other PL clubs earlier this season (none top 6) but chose to stay and sign a new contract.Never underestimate our recruitment through all levels of the club.Many said Eriksen kept up up last season and we would sink when he left the same about Toney if he gets banned but we have still progressed.
The team that started last night was made up of mainly championship players and 2 central defenders who were picked up on free transfers.Rather than knock it just look that it gives any championship side a bit of hope of what can be done if you get recruitment right.
Bees v Liverpool on 10:28 - Jan 3 with 3399 viewsPaddyhoops

Bees v Liverpool on 10:04 - Jan 3 by switchingcode

Banter in my book is what i had with RaRa mates in a local pub before our game and they went on to yours.Faceless tough guys giving it large on SM sites is so pointless,not aimed at you I’d add.
Our recent history shows the only person leaving Brentford that would be a massive blow would be Matthew Benham.
Unlike previous managers Frank knows how the clubs set up makes a managers job one of the many links in the chain.Frank had offers from 2 other PL clubs earlier this season (none top 6) but chose to stay and sign a new contract.Never underestimate our recruitment through all levels of the club.Many said Eriksen kept up up last season and we would sink when he left the same about Toney if he gets banned but we have still progressed.
The team that started last night was made up of mainly championship players and 2 central defenders who were picked up on free transfers.Rather than knock it just look that it gives any championship side a bit of hope of what can be done if you get recruitment right.

Always respected your opinion , Switch and though I hate to say it . You are very well run football club and it hurts to admit that but please don’t tell me you didn’t have right giggle when you heard Sheffield Utd managed a 96th equaliser.
I completely understand if we don’t come on your radar especially after beating Liverpool.
You must be pissing yourself at our fall from Grace over the last few years .
Roles reversed I would be .
Bees v Liverpool on 11:21 - Jan 3 with 3353 viewsswitchingcode

Bees v Liverpool on 10:28 - Jan 3 by Paddyhoops

Always respected your opinion , Switch and though I hate to say it . You are very well run football club and it hurts to admit that but please don’t tell me you didn’t have right giggle when you heard Sheffield Utd managed a 96th equaliser.
I completely understand if we don’t come on your radar especially after beating Liverpool.
You must be pissing yourself at our fall from Grace over the last few years .
Roles reversed I would be .

I’ll be honest I had a bet on you winning last night although did the same against Luton😞my RaRa mates said no chance them winning before the game and I said the same about us.Only got into the hate rangers stuff when Rowlands gave us the biggun at you place all those years back.No good gloating as failure is only round the corner just enjoy it.I’ve made no secret of the fact lm more a championship fan than the PL and we were a very good championship side playing great football.We can’t do that anymore as we would get spanked and we did start to toughen up in our promotion year something think you have to do.Let’s be honest all we want is for our clubs to first of all survive and then win more than lose that’s why teams like Burnley and Ipswich fans are loving life outside the PL.Every fan wants to get to the PL if only for the money but it’s very hard for a small club to hang around unless they spend fortunes something we haven’t done thank god.
This season in the championship is going to be interesting for the fight for the playoffs and maybe second place as Burnley look done and dusted would love you to go up if we stay up Bees Fulham and RaRas in the same league would make it more interesting for me and maybe Chelsea relegated 😃
Bees v Liverpool on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 2958 viewsNewBee

Bees v Liverpool on 07:30 - Jan 3 by Paddyhoops

Not so easy then .

Fair dues - can't/won't argue with any of that, except the bit about Frank.

Yes, he'll go to a bigger job at some stage.

But just as the minute Bees sign a player, they're immediately on the lookout for his replacement, so it is with managers.

Meaning that with one v.short lived [exception], under Benham each manager has taken us a step forward, left for a bigger job, then been replaced by a better one:
Rosler - Warburton - [Dijkhuizen] - Smith - Frank.

We see this progression planning even with Assistant Managers. For example last month, Frank lost his long-time AM, Brian Riemer, to take the Head Coach job at Anderlecht. But no sooner did he depart, than they immediately brought in another Dane, Claus Nørgaard, in his place.

So you can be sure Benham will already have a name or two firmly in mind, whether internally or externally, to replace Frank when the time comes.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 17:39]
Bees v Liverpool on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 2908 viewsHayesender

Watched this in the Swan before heading to our game yesterday, and I must admit I throughly enjoyed it every time the cameras went on to show Klopp.

I knew he'd come out with a string of excuses, as he does every time they fail to win.

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bees v Liverpool on 18:00 - Jan 3 with 2884 viewsJuzzie

I don't think this thread was about Brentford as such, more a remark on QPR's apparent lack of progress.
Bees v Liverpool on 11:19 - Jan 6 with 2292 viewsBluce_Ree

We could have twice the capacity, better players, a better manager and a board made up of benevolent billionaires who'll bleed blue and white hoops if you cut them but we'll still have THE CURSE. We're fked forever. Don't expect success ever.

Re: Brentford. I don't care how entertaining they are to watch. I can't be entertained while watching them do well. That's like being impressed by your wife's yoga teacher's flexibility when he's eating her entire arse.

Re: Liverpool. I'm enjoying this decline in their fortunes but it'll take decades for me to really get over them winning the Champions League and the Prem. You know, it's like that with Chelsea. I can't really celebrate any of their defeats now because I feel like they've already won the entire game of football. You know, as a sport. It's like 'oh great they lost to Swindon in the cup' or some shit but they won literally every club trophy possible in the last 15 years. So they're still up overall.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Bees v Liverpool on 13:17 - Jan 6 with 2222 viewsPunteR

Bees v Liverpool on 11:19 - Jan 6 by Bluce_Ree

We could have twice the capacity, better players, a better manager and a board made up of benevolent billionaires who'll bleed blue and white hoops if you cut them but we'll still have THE CURSE. We're fked forever. Don't expect success ever.

Re: Brentford. I don't care how entertaining they are to watch. I can't be entertained while watching them do well. That's like being impressed by your wife's yoga teacher's flexibility when he's eating her entire arse.

Re: Liverpool. I'm enjoying this decline in their fortunes but it'll take decades for me to really get over them winning the Champions League and the Prem. You know, it's like that with Chelsea. I can't really celebrate any of their defeats now because I feel like they've already won the entire game of football. You know, as a sport. It's like 'oh great they lost to Swindon in the cup' or some shit but they won literally every club trophy possible in the last 15 years. So they're still up overall.

Hold the phone... Bluce is back!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024