Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped 18:14 - Apr 22 with 1786 viewsLofthope

My big gripe has been that Dozell is so ineffective that we are effectively playing with 10 men ... results so much better without him.
Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 18:24 - Apr 22 with 1697 viewsplasmahoop

He may be a bit gash, but most of the team have been. It's only a sample size of two games after all! Let's just enjoy the win
Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 18:31 - Apr 22 with 1614 viewsPinnerPaul

I said it last week and will say it again - to put this season down to any one person is totally nuts.
Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 18:55 - Apr 22 with 1481 viewsqprd

Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 18:31 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

I said it last week and will say it again - to put this season down to any one person is totally nuts.

dont agree with this take... (and i dont rate dozzell at all)

as if a two game sample size means anything, and as if there arent 10 other players on the pitch

dozzell also started and played reasonably well against watford, one of the two games we've won this calendar year

dozzell is clearly an inferior player to Tim I in the 442 that GA plays... we never have the ball, and we play two wide men (one of whom has been albert adomah, who is a shell of himself and has no legs). this results in us being mostly in defense, with 2 strikers in advanced positions and usually overrun in midfield. that means that there is much more value in a midfielder with legs and athleticism and who can cover more ground and break up play (like field and Tim I, and to some extent, luke amos)...attributes which dozzell lacks

the most telling indicator of success under GA is whether we score the first goal

if we score first, we can start doing all of our cynical, time wasting sh*thousery, and shrink the game and frustrate the opponent

if we concede first, our players' fragile psyche typically results in us crumbling... tactically, b/c we keep so little possession and are overrun in midfield, its easy for teams to prevent us from equalising by just keeping the ball away from us... to the extent we try to push men forward (ie, one of the two midfielders gets advanced), the second we lose the ball in the attacking final third, we're vulnerable on the counterattack
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 18:56]
Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 20:01 - Apr 22 with 1271 viewsE15Hoop

Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 18:55 - Apr 22 by qprd

dont agree with this take... (and i dont rate dozzell at all)

as if a two game sample size means anything, and as if there arent 10 other players on the pitch

dozzell also started and played reasonably well against watford, one of the two games we've won this calendar year

dozzell is clearly an inferior player to Tim I in the 442 that GA plays... we never have the ball, and we play two wide men (one of whom has been albert adomah, who is a shell of himself and has no legs). this results in us being mostly in defense, with 2 strikers in advanced positions and usually overrun in midfield. that means that there is much more value in a midfielder with legs and athleticism and who can cover more ground and break up play (like field and Tim I, and to some extent, luke amos)...attributes which dozzell lacks

the most telling indicator of success under GA is whether we score the first goal

if we score first, we can start doing all of our cynical, time wasting sh*thousery, and shrink the game and frustrate the opponent

if we concede first, our players' fragile psyche typically results in us crumbling... tactically, b/c we keep so little possession and are overrun in midfield, its easy for teams to prevent us from equalising by just keeping the ball away from us... to the extent we try to push men forward (ie, one of the two midfielders gets advanced), the second we lose the ball in the attacking final third, we're vulnerable on the counterattack
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 18:56]

Dozzell, like Johansen, is also ridiculously one-footed as well.
All this p*ssballing around trying to ensure he only has to use his left foot just slows the play down.
I think he'll have a lot of homework to do over the summer!
Unbeaten since Dozell was dropped on 20:03 - Apr 22 with 1255 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not to police thoughts, but why even after a massive win, do we have to slag somebody?

Fcking enjoy it! It doesn’t happen often.

URs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024