Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austria pre-season 15:54 - Jun 7 with 26567 viewsNorthernr

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/austria-pre-season-training-camp-confirmed-
Austria pre-season on 16:58 - Jul 6 with 4298 viewsdmm

Austria pre-season on 16:42 - Jul 6 by SK_hoops

I really hope we don't extend Balogun's contract. Surely, surely by now we are done with these injury prone players.

I think most of us are resigned to Balogun being in the squad this season. Let's just hope the coaching and performance team are having a really good look at him before giving him a contract.
Austria pre-season on 17:48 - Jul 6 with 4101 viewsderbyhoop

B team, sorry Development Squad, keeper.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Austria pre-season on 18:10 - Jul 6 with 4037 viewsdistortR

Austria pre-season on 12:19 - Jul 6 by Gloucs_R

26 players
7, I would say were first 11 players

Based on that... My starting lineup would be

Archer
Kakay / Dunne/ JCS / Paal
Field / Dixon Bonner
Willock / Chair / Smyth
Dykes

Very lightweight.

I think I may cry.
Austria pre-season on 18:45 - Jul 6 with 3941 viewsQPR_Hibs

Austria pre-season on 18:13 - Jun 24 by aston_hoop

All friendlies streamable

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/watch-pre-season-live-on-recast-240623/

Thought I might watch a few ads to build up some credit in order to watch the friendlies. Recast are now giving you 1 credit (worth 1p) for every Ad that you watch.
That is seriously taking the P.......

Down with this sort of thing.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Austria pre-season on 20:06 - Jul 6 with 3753 viewsRBrum

Has anyone figured out travel to or from Prague to middle-of-nowheres-berg? Asking for a friend who hypothetically might have noticed this fixture on the offish, for a weekend at which he was at a loose end, not read the small print, somehow not seen this thread until it was too late and he had already booked flights to and from Prague and a hotel in Prague ... and in fact had he not seen this thread yesterday would have been travelling to the wrong Raffestein Arena on the day of the game ...

I .. I mean he ... would really appreciate it
Austria pre-season on 20:20 - Jul 6 with 3698 viewsCateLeBonR

Austria pre-season on 20:06 - Jul 6 by RBrum

Has anyone figured out travel to or from Prague to middle-of-nowheres-berg? Asking for a friend who hypothetically might have noticed this fixture on the offish, for a weekend at which he was at a loose end, not read the small print, somehow not seen this thread until it was too late and he had already booked flights to and from Prague and a hotel in Prague ... and in fact had he not seen this thread yesterday would have been travelling to the wrong Raffestein Arena on the day of the game ...

Austria pre-season on 07:10 - Jul 7 with 3254 viewsdmm

Austria pre-season on 20:20 - Jul 6 by CateLeBonR

I'm pleased Alex Aoraha has been included in the squad. He continues to look promising. From this summer's U20 world cup...

Austria pre-season on 07:32 - Jul 7 with 3191 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Austria pre-season on 20:06 - Jul 6 by RBrum

There is a direct train from Prague to Linz. About 3hr 45m. Check google maps. Should be some R's around Linz. Otherwise it's a bus. Once you're in Linz you can get to the stadium "town" on the local train on Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

Austria pre-season on 09:34 - Jul 7 with 3053 viewsRBrum

Thanks Black and Gold Ranger. Super helpful. Had a look and getting there is ok getting back looks tricky - well for me at least!
Austria pre-season on 14:05 - Jul 8 with 2666 viewsozranger

If you watch the video of Kenneth Paal being interviewed while playing table tennis, there is a framed shirt in the background. It is of Lask Linz. Their home ground is Raiffesisen Stadium. Good luck to those going to work out which one it is. However, this means that they are training at Lask Linz's facilities. Lask are in Switzerland today but play two home games next Friday against Hungarian side Debrecen and on Saturday v First Vienna.

Incidentally, we have played friendlies against Lask Linz back in 1955 and First Vienna, in 1933.
Austria pre-season on 18:16 - Jul 10 with 2281 viewsstowmarketrange

It seems that Ipswich are playing a friendly just south of Vienna too on Saturday too.They are playing at the motion invest arena against the mighty Flyeralarm admira.
Cancel all police leave.Bring out the dogs.
Austria pre-season on 20:32 - Jul 10 with 2115 viewseastside_r

Austria pre-season on 09:34 - Jul 7 by RBrum

Thanks Black and Gold Ranger. Super helpful. Had a look and getting there is ok getting back looks tricky - well for me at least!

Dying to know whether you made it there and / or back.

No-one would blame you for binning it off and remaining in Prague. Lovely city, whatever Clive might tell you.
Austria pre-season on 22:17 - Jul 10 with 1964 viewsdaveB

quite enjoyed this, looks like Ainsworth is creating a decent team spirit

Austria pre-season on 22:19 - Jul 10 with 1954 viewsdaveB

Nice interview with Dobson as well

Austria pre-season on 22:43 - Jul 10 with 1887 viewsVancouverHoop

It's interesting that the club's doing these more intimate, informal looking interviews. It's clearly based on a recognition there's a gulf between the players, staff and the supporters. I've gotta say Dobson's really good at this type of PR, or maybe SR (supporter relations!) He's articulate, he's been there himself and projects the kind of life and hopes most ordinary blokes do. Also inspired to have Jimmy Dunne do the interview. Not up himself, let's the subject speak, but not at all dim sounding. Impressive work all round.
Austria pre-season on 23:18 - Jul 10 with 1838 viewsLogman

Austria pre-season on 22:17 - Jul 10 by daveB

Yes, great from Ainsworth - not too many signs of Us and Them under him. Not sure I could see PBBC or Critchley strapping themselves up and hoisting themselves 30m off the ground.
Austria pre-season on 01:14 - Jul 11 with 1743 viewsSydneyRs

Austria pre-season on 16:58 - Jul 6 by dmm

I think most of us are resigned to Balogun being in the squad this season. Let's just hope the coaching and performance team are having a really good look at him before giving him a contract.

No doubt he can play but he's never fit and that wasn't just an issue last season. It was similar in his last couple of seasons at Rangers.

Pay as you play would be ok I guess but of course we won't do that.
Austria pre-season on 05:58 - Jul 11 with 1672 viewsNorthernr

Austria pre-season on 22:43 - Jul 10 by VancouverHoop

It's interesting that the club's doing these more intimate, informal looking interviews. It's clearly based on a recognition there's a gulf between the players, staff and the supporters. I've gotta say Dobson's really good at this type of PR, or maybe SR (supporter relations!) He's articulate, he's been there himself and projects the kind of life and hopes most ordinary blokes do. Also inspired to have Jimmy Dunne do the interview. Not up himself, let's the subject speak, but not at all dim sounding. Impressive work all round.

Dobson's my big hope atm. Every time I hear him speak I like what I hear.
Austria pre-season on 06:57 - Jul 11 with 1609 viewsSydneyRs

Austria pre-season on 22:17 - Jul 10 by daveB

This is really good stuff and can only help with bonding. I've done courses very similar to this with the kids a few years ago. I'm not a fan of heights either, but had to do it to avoid being shown up by my wife and kids! Once you get up there and do a couple it gets a whole lot easier and you develop trust in the safety harness.

I'm also reminded of a school outing to an amusement park when I was about 12 or 13. Was scared of going on the big rides but did it because most of my mates were and really enjoyed it. Years later when backpacking I forced myself to do a bungee jump because the mate I was travelling with had done it. Absolutely terrifying but I got through it and the rush afterwards was fantastic.
Austria pre-season on 07:29 - Jul 11 with 1548 viewsstowmarketrange

It looks similar to Go Ape over here.I’ve been to a few of their sites,and it is a great day out.I can never master the zipwires though and always seem to come down backwards.
Austria pre-season on 07:34 - Jul 11 with 1533 viewsNorthernr

Austria pre-season on 07:29 - Jul 11 by stowmarketrange

It looks similar to Go Ape over here.I’ve been to a few of their sites,and it is a great day out.I can never master the zipwires though and always seem to come down backwards.

Yeh I did one recently and it was great, although also kept landing on my arse.
Austria pre-season on 07:43 - Jul 11 with 1501 viewsdistortR

Austria pre-season on 06:57 - Jul 11 by SydneyRs

This is really good stuff and can only help with bonding. I've done courses very similar to this with the kids a few years ago. I'm not a fan of heights either, but had to do it to avoid being shown up by my wife and kids! Once you get up there and do a couple it gets a whole lot easier and you develop trust in the safety harness.

I'm also reminded of a school outing to an amusement park when I was about 12 or 13. Was scared of going on the big rides but did it because most of my mates were and really enjoyed it. Years later when backpacking I forced myself to do a bungee jump because the mate I was travelling with had done it. Absolutely terrifying but I got through it and the rush afterwards was fantastic.

"So how do you feel,up here and flying through the air? You feel good, right? You feel liberated, right? Well, that's how I want the ball to feel as you transition it from back to front......"
Austria pre-season on 08:34 - Jul 11 with 1416 viewsconnell10

Austria pre-season on 22:19 - Jul 10 by daveB

Nice interview with Dobson as well

Nearly teared up there with what he said about his daughter! Seems a nice bloke.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Austria pre-season on 09:01 - Jul 11 with 1344 viewsdaveB

the frustration for me is I love what I hear from Dobson and Ainsworth, I like what they are going to try and do but then i watch their team and think, good god no I can't watch this every week.
Austria pre-season on 09:19 - Jul 11 with 1291 viewsTheChef

Austria pre-season on 09:01 - Jul 11 by daveB

the frustration for me is I love what I hear from Dobson and Ainsworth, I like what they are going to try and do but then i watch their team and think, good god no I can't watch this every week.

Come on Dave, wait till you watch the team at the start of the season and then make a judgement!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024