Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was a better player? Michael Meaker or Tony Scully 07:24 - Jul 29 with 1586 viewsoldmeadoniansR

The times they are a changing. Give me these two legends above Cesar and Bosingwa. We are heading back to the bargain basement and I much prefer this. Limited but interesting players. Anyway it is the grim Meaker for me. Primarily due to his outstanding performance away at Highbury when he transformed into Ginola and ripped them to shreds. Mind you Scully's volley away to Oxford in a humiliating defeat was something special. But Meaker for ne. Would welcome your thoughts.
Who was a better player? Michael Meaker or Tony Scully on 09:13 - Jul 29 with 1465 viewsPeterHucker

Meaker better by a long way.
He undoubtedly had some ability and played well in several games for us.
He only got grief from Rs fans because he was relatively poor compared to other wingers we had around the time (Sinton, Impey, Sinclair)
But those players are amongst the best wingers we have EVER had.
Meaker probably wasn’t quite good enough to shine in a very good Premier League squad which is what we were just then.
He went on to be a regular starter for Reading in the division we are now in. If he was in our squad now he’d be a good asset. I’m far from convinced that Tony Scully would be!

Scully looked a poor player in one of the worst teams we’ve ever had, a whole division below, and a team that narrowly escaped relegation with that win v Palace.
Who was a better player? Michael Meaker or Tony Scully on 09:20 - Jul 29 with 1455 viewseghamranger

Definitely Meaker.

Bloke was mustard in the evening standard 5 a sides
Who was a better player? Michael Meaker or Tony Scully on 10:55 - Jul 29 with 1339 viewsFrankRightguard

Meaker by an absolute mile
Who was a better player? Michael Meaker or Tony Scully on 10:56 - Jul 29 with 1330 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I used to call him end-of-move Meaker for obvious reasons but, even though he was limited, he was far, far better than Scully.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024