Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Chris Willock... 17:10 - Aug 19 with 23243 viewsSteveB

Thoughts?

So, Chris Willock... on 18:32 - Aug 19 with 2241 viewsHunterhoop

Exactly. Bottled out of two bouncing ball headers. He’s protecting himself.
So, Chris Willock... on 18:38 - Aug 19 with 2208 viewsBrianWilson

He was average but would have left him on for 60. Problem was that Colback was not the right replacement.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

So, Chris Willock... on 18:44 - Aug 19 with 2184 viewsPaddyhoops

Lots of different opinions on him here but the fact is he didn’t appear for second half which we have to assume it means he’s injured again. Sad really as he was superb for us early doors last season.
So, Chris Willock... on 18:44 - Aug 19 with 2183 viewsHAYESBOY

Willock was good first half. Put a shift in and a few times won the ball back and got fouled. Luongo seemed to really want his shirt.
GA just said he wasn't injured at half time, just that he hadn't trained all week.

Have to say, obviously all about opinions but if you think Willock was sht then I'm not sure which game you were watching. Also Dozzell had a good first half. Not so much second. Smyth played well also overall.
Unlucky to lose that game. But we must finish our chances. Kakay miss is a shocker.

Smells like a trout farm in here

So, Chris Willock... on 19:07 - Aug 19 with 2083 viewsTonto

Haven't figured out why he came off at half time. Seemed odd

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 19:13 - Aug 19 with 2057 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 18:25 - Aug 19 by Damo1962

I wasn't basing my opinion on today, rather the many months he has failed to deliver. He can certainly take no credit for us somehow us staying up last season. It will be better for him and us if he goes. I appreciate some feel differently. All about opinions eh.

He's been injured

Fans that constantly bash players like yourself we at rangers don't need this kind of support

He has given us some great memories, unfortunately had some bad injuries, clearly why he was taken off today.

On song him with Chair and Armstrong that's potential winning combination.

He will make us a profit when he goes, yet fans such as yourself will always constanly moan. Dykes is another of your favourite players also !!!!

It's about opinions yes but barrages of abuse have negative impacts on players and I would say 85% of your posts are dreadfully bandwagon negative. Makes for a very depressing read

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So, Chris Willock... on 19:19 - Aug 19 with 2026 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought he did really well first half, and I could not for the life of me understand why Colback was the replacement to play as one of the 10s second half it led to us ceding the midfield sitting deep and playing through the midfield second half
So, Chris Willock... on 19:26 - Aug 19 with 1995 viewsCateLeBonR

So, Chris Willock... on 19:19 - Aug 19 by baz_qpr

I thought he did really well first half, and I could not for the life of me understand why Colback was the replacement to play as one of the 10s second half it led to us ceding the midfield sitting deep and playing through the midfield second half

Same. I thought he was a real handful for their midfield and really disappointed to not see him after halftime.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Chris Willock... on 19:33 - Aug 19 with 1969 viewshertshoops

Much happier with his effort levels today than anything he's done for the last 6 months - so at least he's trying to play
Assume he wasn't ready for 90 mins given he hasn't completed 90mins for what seems like forever
Think he'll stay and we'll get a good half season out of him
So, Chris Willock... on 19:33 - Aug 19 with 1961 viewstraininvain

So, Chris Willock... on 18:32 - Aug 19 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. Bottled out of two bouncing ball headers. He’s protecting himself.

Protecting himself for what exactly? Who’s going to give a big contract to a player who looks scared to sprint. It doesn’t make any sense.
So, Chris Willock... on 19:35 - Aug 19 with 1963 viewsBAWHoops

He was OK, not incredible but not useless

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

So, Chris Willock... on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 1895 viewsMick_S

I’d like to have seen 15 in the second half from him. I haven’t a clue what’s going on, but 45 minutes is a strange change if there’s no injury. I smell something smelly.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

So, Chris Willock... on 19:51 - Aug 19 with 1893 viewsHunterhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 19:33 - Aug 19 by traininvain

Protecting himself for what exactly? Who’s going to give a big contract to a player who looks scared to sprint. It doesn’t make any sense.

Well, let’s see. If he’s sold before the end of the month, we’ll know.

And if he isn’t, it could be a lack of confidence in his body after blowing 3 hamstrings.

There’s quite a lot of sense in there if you bother to think about it.

And if you think he worked hard today your standards are lower than the club’s and mine.
So, Chris Willock... on 19:52 - Aug 19 with 1889 viewsSK_hoops

[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 20:02]
So, Chris Willock... on 19:54 - Aug 19 with 1885 viewsEsox_Lucius

So, Chris Willock... on 17:50 - Aug 19 by QPROslo

Thought he did pretty well. Ipswich had to hold his shirt to keep him in check. We were a better side 1st half with him on the pitch. He helped set up Sinclair when I thought he'd given us the lead, but had managed to hit both posts.

A feat last seen August 1969 I think. A 1-1 draw with Leicester on the opening day when Marsh hit both posts without scoring from somewhere near the halfway line by the Ellerslie stand.

The grass is always greener.

So, Chris Willock... on 19:57 - Aug 19 with 1876 viewsRangersw12

Thought he played quite well and we looked a poorer team with him going off
So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 20:30 - Aug 19 with 1749 viewsDamo1962

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 19:13 - Aug 19 by numptydumpty

He's been injured

Fans that constantly bash players like yourself we at rangers don't need this kind of support

He has given us some great memories, unfortunately had some bad injuries, clearly why he was taken off today.

On song him with Chair and Armstrong that's potential winning combination.

He will make us a profit when he goes, yet fans such as yourself will always constanly moan. Dykes is another of your favourite players also !!!!

It's about opinions yes but barrages of abuse have negative impacts on players and I would say 85% of your posts are dreadfully bandwagon negative. Makes for a very depressing read

Don't read it then. And don't tell me who I can support either you self righteous bore.
So, Chris Willock... on 21:44 - Aug 19 with 1607 viewsPhilmyRs

Credit to the Manager. We were a better team with Willock on the pitch but injury concerns meant the Manager stuck to the agreed plan and removed him on 45 - he put the player and longer term ambitions ahead of a possible short term win. Shame Beale didn’t do similar.
So, Chris Willock... on 21:48 - Aug 19 with 1594 views1JD

Very good first half. With plenty of workrate, 2-3 times winning the ball when the oppo had it. And very noticeable how we couldn’t hold it up in the final third second half after he went off. Strong in possession, and back to goal. Pulled back at least 3 times when he had driven beyond. Haters wanna hate.
So, Chris Willock... on 22:06 - Aug 19 with 1507 viewsBurnleyhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 19:07 - Aug 19 by Tonto

Haven't figured out why he came off at half time. Seemed odd

Not match fit would be my guess.
So, Chris Willock... on 22:06 - Aug 19 with 1496 viewsted_hendrix

If he doesn't play at Soton next week you probably won't be seeing him In a Rangers shirt
again.

I doubt very much we'll get much of a fee for him, what Chairman of a football club Is gonna lay out his cash on a Injury prone player?

Sometimes you don't know what your missing until It's gone.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

So, Chris Willock... on 22:10 - Aug 19 with 1481 viewsMick_S

So, Chris Willock... on 21:44 - Aug 19 by PhilmyRs

Credit to the Manager. We were a better team with Willock on the pitch but injury concerns meant the Manager stuck to the agreed plan and removed him on 45 - he put the player and longer term ambitions ahead of a possible short term win. Shame Beale didn’t do similar.

I was really encouraged by the first half Rangers performance. We bashed up a decent side (so far) and ended up owning the 45.

Willock gets taken off at half time. We were on the back foot almost straight away, second half. Losing Field and Armstrong = game over. I don’t have the knowledge or the answer, I’m just asking the question - why take Willock off on 45?

Injured, ok, that’s fair enough.

We let them back into the game.

Other than that, very encouraging today.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

So, Chris Willock... on 22:11 - Aug 19 with 1481 viewsYugohoop

So, Chris Willock... on 21:48 - Aug 19 by 1JD

Very good first half. With plenty of workrate, 2-3 times winning the ball when the oppo had it. And very noticeable how we couldn’t hold it up in the final third second half after he went off. Strong in possession, and back to goal. Pulled back at least 3 times when he had driven beyond. Haters wanna hate.

Exactly, anyone questioning his work rate or desire to play for the shirt is either a moron or has alteria motives. Willock worked his bollocks off today and sadly is just off the pace at the moment. I'll take him all day long over most on that pitch and that includes the Ipswich players.
So, Chris Willock... on 22:36 - Aug 19 with 1390 viewsStanisgod

So, Chris Willock... on 21:48 - Aug 19 by 1JD

Youll get nowhere on here speaking sense liike that.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 22:38 - Aug 19 with 1378 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 20:30 - Aug 19 by Damo1962

Don't read it then. And don't tell me who I can support either you self righteous bore.

I support my team and today was decent and far from desperate.

And Willock was decent. It was an encouraging game all round and I personally was encouraged

As you said it's about opinions but when I said I disagreed with your viewpoint of constantly knocking certain players and it being unhelpful to our support you throw personal abuse back.

Unnecessary
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:50]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024