Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Chris Willock... 17:10 - Aug 19 with 23240 viewsSteveB

Thoughts?

So, Chris Willock... on 09:13 - Aug 20 with 3190 viewsBlue_Castello

So, Chris Willock... on 18:44 - Aug 19 by HAYESBOY

Willock was good first half. Put a shift in and a few times won the ball back and got fouled. Luongo seemed to really want his shirt.
GA just said he wasn't injured at half time, just that he hadn't trained all week.

Have to say, obviously all about opinions but if you think Willock was sht then I'm not sure which game you were watching. Also Dozzell had a good first half. Not so much second. Smyth played well also overall.
Unlucky to lose that game. But we must finish our chances. Kakay miss is a shocker.

Agreed I'm truly baffled by some of the posts on this thread, Willock had a good first half, he started a bit slowly but grew into the game, after being out for so long with hamstring injuries he's not going to be the 100% Willock that we know but that performance was a massive improvement on his half arsed attempts last season and I'm amazed that anyone actually at the game couldn't see that.

There was big disappointment around us when he didn't appear for the second half, we needed him particularly because of Dykes injury, Ipswich were the better team from the start of the second half and we gradually got worse as first Sinclair and then Field went off. Strange choice by Ainsworth to replace Willock with Colback, should have been Sideshow Bob or Dixon Bonner, somebody a bit more attack minded.

There's no doubt Ainsworth is learning on the job and I desperately want him to succeed, he's not going to get much time and the next 11 days of the transfer window could well decide our season. Who we recruit if any and who leaves, we need a stronger bench and if it's only loans then that's tricky because the parent club loan them on the understanding that they play first team football and don't sit on a bench.
So, Chris Willock... on 09:20 - Aug 20 with 3124 viewsgazza1

Yep.....bottled it - does it 99/100. Not a 50/50 man!!

He did OK in the first half, nothing much to impress for a so called 2, 3, 5, 10 million £££ player.

Presume he was injured (again) hence to appearance in the 2nd half.

If we can sell then we should sell.
So, Chris Willock... on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 3120 viewsderbyhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 22:06 - Aug 19 by Burnleyhoop

Not match fit would be my guess.

And mine.
Trouble is you could say the same about 3/4 of the side.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 09:48 - Aug 20 with 3066 viewsPaddyhoops

Fatigue. So he’s not fit . Fair enough. I
So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 10:00 - Aug 20 with 3035 viewsqpr1976

So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 18:00 - Aug 19 by numptydumpty

Were you at the game today.

He played well throughout and battled.

It's quite shameful to join in so regularly with the bashings given ,

ie we are supporters trying build players up but he actually did very well today.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 18:06]

“Throughout” is a slight exageration as he only played 45 mins.

It was the Best 45 I’ve seen from him for 15 months (ish) but not quite up to the standards he set 18 months or so ago. IMO !
So, Chris Willock... on 10:19 - Aug 20 with 2991 viewsBurnleyhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 23:39 - Aug 19 by connell10

Credit Where's it due , I thought he put a bit more effort today than his normal level when he has played lately, but that was a very low performance bar.

Form and fitness is not a tap you can turn on whenever you want. If anyone on here has played the game and been out injured for a lengthy period of time will attest to.

He will need at least five games before he starts to get anywhere near to match fitness and only then can you judge his performances. To slate him on his first truly competitive performance for months is nonsense. Give the lad some time to get back in the groove for Christ’s before panning his efforts……providing he is still here after September, which I suspect is the real reason for the vitriol.
So, Chris Willock... on 12:24 - Aug 20 with 2824 viewsmart_Goblin

Remember him clutching his right thigh and I looked at the scoreboard and it was the 8th minute. He held his thigh throughout until half time when the game paused . So not sure I believe Ainsworth and the fatigue theory
So, Chris Willock... on 14:08 - Aug 20 with 2661 viewsWatford_Ranger

So, Chris Willock... on 10:19 - Aug 20 by Burnleyhoop

Form and fitness is not a tap you can turn on whenever you want. If anyone on here has played the game and been out injured for a lengthy period of time will attest to.

He will need at least five games before he starts to get anywhere near to match fitness and only then can you judge his performances. To slate him on his first truly competitive performance for months is nonsense. Give the lad some time to get back in the groove for Christ’s before panning his efforts……providing he is still here after September, which I suspect is the real reason for the vitriol.

Think criticism of him is justified. Yeah I agree he needs time to get into the groove with the sexy football he’s capable of but the absolute basics in terms of effort haven’t been there when he has played. I wasn’t there yesterday but encouraging to hear he was a bit better.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Chris Willock... on 14:29 - Aug 20 with 2582 viewsBurnleyhoop

So, Chris Willock... on 14:08 - Aug 20 by Watford_Ranger

Think criticism of him is justified. Yeah I agree he needs time to get into the groove with the sexy football he’s capable of but the absolute basics in terms of effort haven’t been there when he has played. I wasn’t there yesterday but encouraging to hear he was a bit better.

The effort was there, that’s why he had to go off at half time instead of the intended 60th minute, which was Ainsworth’s intended plan all along.
So, Chris Willock... on 15:24 - Aug 20 with 2491 viewsAntti_Heinola

So, Chris Willock... on 00:06 - Aug 20 by Yugohoop

Disagree, Ipswich we're never gonna come out second half with the same set up. They came to us expecting an established championship side to dominate at home and when that didn't happen they took the game to us and got the win. 38% possession at home tells it's own story and if your gonna judge our performance on one off individual moments from players like Armstrong then your gonna look at every game thinking we've done well.

If they came expecting an 'established championship side to dominate possession' I can only say they must've not bothered watching us at any point in the last 10 months or so. They came expecting to dominate possession, as they do in every game they play at the moment, and they came expecting to win. They changed because we had been the better side first half and were unfortunate not to go in with the lead. They came out and pushed on to try and pin back Paal and Smith, and were aided by our inability to recover shape with Willock going off. Colback, who played well eventually, spent the first 15 mins looking a bit lost. Where Ipswich were last seasion is an irrelevance. They got over 100 points. The same team would have probably finished 10 places above us in the Championship. Lots to be concerned about with the manager, the strength in depth, fitness issues and so on, but for me much of the game was better than almost any game this year.

Bare bones.

So, Chris Willock... on 16:06 - Aug 20 with 2378 viewsconnell10

So, Chris Willock... on 12:24 - Aug 20 by mart_Goblin

Remember him clutching his right thigh and I looked at the scoreboard and it was the 8th minute. He held his thigh throughout until half time when the game paused . So not sure I believe Ainsworth and the fatigue theory

Best way is give him the club revolver....do the honorable thing

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So, Chris Willock... on 17:45 - Aug 20 with 2223 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... on 16:06 - Aug 20 by connell10

Best way is give him the club revolver....do the honorable thing

It was only his seventh start of this calendar year.

Hard to get momentum like that and whatever we think, the people in the know have said he has had injury problems.

Before he was outstanding and he is not someone who cost us 3 5 million like Connor Washington.

Sorry to say and I do know racists still exist around Rangers stadium and even if they say its not and protest loudly he not done like Washington.

Some of the abuse here is categorically wrong. He did well yesterday. It's vicious and not nice. Wasn't so vicious against Washington.

Not a great look

Appreciate this will open up can of worms but subconsciously people have leanings.

And the viciousness of some of the abuse, well players such as Washington Polter and others who cost so much more than Willock but they never got this kind of vitriol.

We done so well at our club especially with the kiyan prince foundation but there will always be elements that are unbuilt in some and historically not one hundred percent eradicated.

As said constructive criticism fair enough but contrast and compare

It's bad and not a good look
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 17:58]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

So, Chris Willock... on 17:48 - Aug 20 with 2193 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not sure what Washington has to do with anything and he got loads of stick anyway.

Willock gets some stick because he can do far, far better (yesterday excepted) on and off the ball. Nothing beyond that.
So, Chris Willock... on 17:53 - Aug 20 with 2178 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... on 17:48 - Aug 20 by Watford_Ranger

Not sure what Washington has to do with anything and he got loads of stick anyway.

Willock gets some stick because he can do far, far better (yesterday excepted) on and off the ball. Nothing beyond that.

It's the level of vicious abuse above just general criticism. Nasty name calling.

Think you will find its way worse

And he been injured from before.

And in fact those that were there he performed well and there was general disappointment he wasn't playing second half

Performed brilliantly in past and white players who been consistently awful and cost more the name calling has not been evident but Willcok there is much more of a vicious element not just simple complaining.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 18:00]

So, Chris Willock... on 18:12 - Aug 20 with 2103 viewsrsocks

So, Chris Willock... on 17:45 - Aug 20 by numptydumpty

Hard to get momentum like that and whatever we think, the people in the know have said he has had injury problems.

Before he was outstanding and he is not someone who cost us 3 5 million like Connor Washington.

Sorry to say and I do know racists still exist around Rangers stadium and even if they say its not and protest loudly he not done like Washington.

Some of the abuse here is categorically wrong. He did well yesterday. It's vicious and not nice. Wasn't so vicious against Washington.

Not a great look

Appreciate this will open up can of worms but subconsciously people have leanings.

And the viciousness of some of the abuse, well players such as Washington Polter and others who cost so much more than Willock but they never got this kind of vitriol.

We done so well at our club especially with the kiyan prince foundation but there will always be elements that are unbuilt in some and historically not one hundred percent eradicated.

Good another gone
So, Chris Willock... on 18:19 - Aug 20 with 2074 viewsthehat

He has been a bad smell around the place last 12 months but after a shaky start thought he grew into the game and was a little disappointed he didn’t return to the pitch for the second half.
So, Chris Willock... on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 2015 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Not a great look

"Hard to get momentum like that and whatever we think, the people in the know have said he has had injury problems."

Are these the same people in the know who refuse to update the fans or media on injuries? The same people in the know who claim that a player has suffered a minor setback only for them to be out for months on end?

"Sorry to say and I do know racists still exist around Rangers stadium and even if they say its not and protest loudly he not done like Washington."

Are you seriously trying to suggest that criticism of Willock (which is merited BTW) is racially aggravated? Turn it in, numpty.
So, Chris Willock... on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 2017 viewsQPR_Jim

Not a great look

I don't remember Washington or Polter come into a game in the middle of a relegation scrap, give the ball away and then not track back while the opposition put the game to bed. You've inadvertently selected two players who (if nothing else) put in their full effort while not having the talent. Willock by contrast showed us what he could do when he wanted then fell off a cliff, as you say compare and contrast.

Yes he's had injuries but when he's back in the team as a fan you imagine that means he's fit to play, yet his performances were not even a shadow of his previous levels. We've seen enough players come back from injury to know that it won't be straight back to the highs but he was so far off the pace it didn't seem to be just physical.

Anyway, glad he managed to get through 45mins and perform better yesterday but I suspect it's going to take a bit more consistency before people are convinced by him.
So, Chris Willock... on 18:42 - Aug 20 with 2002 viewsdaveB

I thought Willock was fine, did pretty well first half gave the ball away a few times but caused them a few problems and we didn't look as good going forward after he went off.
It was quite promising, he can play a lot better but was the best I've seen of him since Beale left
So, Chris Willock... on 19:25 - Aug 20 with 1913 viewsBenny_the_Ball

So, Chris Willock... on 17:53 - Aug 20 by numptydumpty

It's the level of vicious abuse above just general criticism. Nasty name calling.

Think you will find its way worse

And he been injured from before.

And in fact those that were there he performed well and there was general disappointment he wasn't playing second half

Performed brilliantly in past and white players who been consistently awful and cost more the name calling has not been evident but Willcok there is much more of a vicious element not just simple complaining.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 18:00]

Constructive criticism is not vicious abuse. I don't see any of the latter in this thread so quit exaggerating.

As for the racial angle, you should be embarrassed to even go there. Plenty of white players have received criticism at QPR, and plenty of black players love. Willock has done well in the past but has gone missing in the last 12-18 months. The criticism is justified and has nothing whatsoever to do with his race. I suppose these same 'racist' fans only love Sinclair Armstrong because he's Irish? How about Paal? Or Furlong, or Shittu, or Sinclair, or Hazell? QPR has a long, proud tradition of diversity, both on and off the pitch; you'd do well to remember that.

I actually thought Willock did ok yesterday. Nevertheless, folk are entitled to their opinions and I simply won't tolerate you drawing racial lines into this discussion.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 19:27]
So, Chris Willock... on 20:24 - Aug 20 with 1792 viewsFDC

Fwiw I found Willock's performance quite strange. Glimmers of the player but off the pace as you'd imagine, clearly up for it in a way, but throwing himself into lost cause tackles and given away quite blatant fouls, almost like he was directly responding to criticisms that he'd checked out etc -- there was almost something performative about it?

He's a player other players will always look to for an option for a pass, and we looked a lesser team when he came off -- but as with Cardiff the second half is hard to evaluate because of the dreaded 60 minute fitness drop off and also all the unplanned substitutions.

The other weird thing about watching Willock and also Chair is that whilst on the hand it's encouraging to see them play well and you start to think this team could actually compete if they rise to it, you also know the club actually needs to sell them
So, Chris Willock... on 20:59 - Aug 20 with 1697 viewsmart_Goblin

Not a great look

Willock is 10 times the player Washington and Polter are .
And that’s why.
The fans are frustrated because he could really make a difference for us .

I’m not sure it’s all about a ‘bad attitude’ and I’m not sure he deserves some of the abuse I’ve read but I understand the frustration .
He is clearly petrified of his own hamstrings and it’s clearly a family issue as his brother has exactly the same problem .
He has lost confidence in himself physically.

However we are all aware that these players also have their her turn but agents, fellow pros, family members etc etc . Something tells me this has happened and he has expected to be gone .

I for one hope he isn’t injured although I have my doubts and gets more minutes week by week and turns around some opinions on him .
So, Chris Willock... (n/t) on 21:44 - Aug 20 with 1575 viewsnumptydumpty

So, Chris Willock... on 20:59 - Aug 20 by mart_Goblin

Willock is 10 times the player Washington and Polter are .
And that’s why.
The fans are frustrated because he could really make a difference for us .

I’m not sure it’s all about a ‘bad attitude’ and I’m not sure he deserves some of the abuse I’ve read but I understand the frustration .
He is clearly petrified of his own hamstrings and it’s clearly a family issue as his brother has exactly the same problem .
He has lost confidence in himself physically.

However we are all aware that these players also have their her turn but agents, fellow pros, family members etc etc . Something tells me this has happened and he has expected to be gone .

I for one hope he isn’t injured although I have my doubts and gets more minutes week by week and turns around some opinions on him .

[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 21:45]

So, Chris Willock... on 21:51 - Aug 20 with 1558 viewsnumptydumpty

Right so if Willock suddenly performs in next few games which I think he could well do, you all likely to say well that's what I expect as bare minimum from him.

He has been a good signing already, only , £750k, given us some special moments. He either goes for a profit or stays and hopefully recovers full fitness and plays brilliantly this season and all this whilst loftforwords warriors sit on your armchairs on your fifth pint and your fifteenth big mac meal of the week!!

Farcical !!!!

But so QPR !!!!

As if being a top class football professional is always a doddle for those with talent, as if they just have to turn up to turn it on.

Hahaha !!!!

I played football in five a side leagues for few years and it's fricking full on and my level is so far down the chain.

Tried 11 a side recently ridiculously trying to regain my youth at 56 and turning on a sixpence is actually fricking hard work, and the effect on joints of sudden changes of movement at zero pace is hard work.

It's not simple.

Taylor Richards has been given a week off then from the boo boys

Really ....

Won't comment anymore but can't understand destructive comments about a guy has at times been decent for us.

Some people's idol and a superstar talent ie Taraabt, he had one superb season for us and then about ten years in the kebab shop literally.

Willock has kept himself in shape, and won't go the way of Adel, am sure
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 22:04]

So, Chris Willock... on 22:13 - Aug 20 with 1479 viewsLblock

Not a great look

Yes.

Well.

Errrrrrrrmmmm

Nah.

I’ve no words.
Just….wow. Really……. Wow!

Been a while since I’ve been in Zee Loft. I’ll have to hire a brown shirt and some jackboots for my next visit (can can walk through turnstiles natch).

Good choice of Username BTW

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024