Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oslo 21:25 - Sep 2 with 1594 viewsGloucs_R

Going to Oslo at the end of the month with my better half.

Any recommendations please??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Oslo on 23:23 - Sep 2 with 1503 viewsstowmarketrange

Take loads of money.
Oslo on 06:54 - Sep 3 with 1419 viewsQPROslo

Go up to Frognerseteren above the Holmenkollen ski jump from where you get a great view of the City and Fjord, something (expensive) to eat and drink. Then you if you like walking there are plenty of paths through Nordmarka forest up there with places you can get refreshments. There are other similar places Songsvann etc., but Frognerseteren probably has the best oversight, when you first get there maybe. Frogner Park is nice if it's not busy as on week days in September, as is Bygdøy. My favourite Pub is Microbryggeri in Majorstua. They make their own beers which are really good but very expensive. I'm in Thailand still then, otherwise I could have helped when you're there.
Oslo on 09:37 - Sep 3 with 1327 viewsLordPork

Get the train link into the city.

Gardermoen Airport is a fair way out from the main centre, Easy credit card swipe and your on.

Check out the Brygge area ( harbour-side) loads of bars and great restaurants. Nice Castle area - plus the Town / City Hall with a great mural. Vigeland Sculpture Park is well worth a wander, a bit of a hike from Brygge area but worth it if its nice weather,

Take a raincoat!!

https://andershusa.com/theatercafeen-best-open-faced-sandwich-oslo-norway-hotel-

try these !!! They don't disappoint.
Oslo on 10:06 - Sep 3 with 1289 viewsChrisNW6

Pack booze and buy duty free booze 😁
Oslo on 10:10 - Sep 3 with 1280 viewsdennisbailey92

There’s a really good documentary on Sky at the moment, The Man That Stole The Scream, if you weren’t aware before you’ll know it as soon as you step off the plane that the painting is a big deal to the Norwegians.
Oslo on 10:31 - Sep 3 with 1256 viewsGloucs_R

Thanks all. Really useful. D

Is a boat ride along the Fjords worth it for half a day?

Definitely grabbing a bottle of something in duty free!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Oslo on 13:22 - Sep 3 with 1193 viewsQPROslo

Oslo on 10:31 - Sep 3 by Gloucs_R

Thanks all. Really useful. D

Is a boat ride along the Fjords worth it for half a day?

Definitely grabbing a bottle of something in duty free!!

Boat trip? Definitely.
Oslo on 14:10 - Sep 3 with 1136 viewsPeterHucker

Kon Tiki museum is really good.
It's in a really nice part of the city too, nice area to just wander around.

As already mentioned pubs / bars are very expensive. The Mrs and me got a load of duty free booze at the airport and then had a few drinks in our hotel room before going out.
Login to get fewer ads

Oslo on 14:12 - Sep 3 with 1135 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 14:13]
Oslo on 17:11 - Sep 3 with 1063 viewsLordPork

your average Norwegian speaks excellent English, That may sound a dumb remark, but some "Englanders" don't expect it.

Plus your in a very UK positive Country. They know more about us than you'd expect/think.

I worked for a Norwegian company for 22 years, my boss could recite most of Churchills speeches. Trust me your on home turf.

Liverpool FC generated a lot of Prem / Div 1 interest and they've never looked back.

Oslo = Dublin, lovely friendly people.

and yes, £10 a pint
bring cash,. lots of it !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024