Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:14 - Sep 30 with 122664 viewsGloucs_R

Needs to be a discussion had.....

The squad we've got are not bottom 3.

We're getting tactically outmanoeuvred at home almost every time we play.

It's not a lack of experience in the team anymore. A lack of firepower, possibly, but we should be better than this.

Edit, perhaps I should have said our starting xi are not bottom 3. I agree, the overall squad is poor.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 15:24 - Oct 3 with 2826 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth on 15:01 - Oct 3 by Antti_Heinola

I'm reading this a lot:
'fans wouldn't have stood for it in the old days'
'fans are just accepting it'

What does this mean? Should we be invading the pitch? Sending threats to the owners? Haranguing Lee Hoos in the street and filming it and then selectively editing the video so it looks like he's flicked the Vs unprovoked? Should we start wearing yellow and green scarves? Why do some fans get upset about why other fans are not as upset as they are?

No, definitely not Antti, at least not in my opinion.

I'm just observing that in the language I hear on here and offline among my friends we as fans are incredibly accepting and that their language is starting to mirror Ainsworth's.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth on 15:25 - Oct 3 with 2818 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 14:52 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to say I don't either, I wish he'd stop.

It's having an effect, too. Fans are settling for a lot less than when he took over.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 15:25]

Which is the point of it.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 15:28 - Oct 3 with 2778 viewsTheChef

Well our away form is better than our home form, so who knows? It's not as if Ainsworth is ruling out the possibility of a win?

I don't see what he's said is so terrible/negative but I suppose we're at the stage where people will pick holes.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 15:34 - Oct 3 with 2724 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth on 15:28 - Oct 3 by TheChef

Well our away form is better than our home form, so who knows? It's not as if Ainsworth is ruling out the possibility of a win?

I don't see what he's said is so terrible/negative but I suppose we're at the stage where people will pick holes.

I don't think it's picking holes, Chef, we're just chatting here.

I just like positive talk as a psychological tool, and Ainsworth and Dobson are strong on that, so I find it a bit odd and slightly contradictory for him to be bigging up the oppo and stressing the challenges ahead.

It's not a deal-breaker for me or anything like that, just an observation: after all Gerry Francis did the very same and he was one of our very best managers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ainsworth on 15:35 - Oct 3 with 2714 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 15:24 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm just observing that in the language I hear on here and offline among my friends we as fans are incredibly accepting and that their language is starting to mirror Ainsworth's.

fair enough you may be right.
i think a lot of people are accepting because they knew the squad and could foresee how this season would go. I agree, though, that I cannot remember a time, potentially even in the Prem, when morale among fans was so low, and views on the upcoming season so negative.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 16:19 - Oct 3 with 2617 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 10:15 - Oct 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

You're right of course. It's not like he has a proven track record at this level.

Not on zero budget he hasn't got a track record. All the ones I can think of he was given money to spend.

The grass is always greener.

Ainsworth on 16:20 - Oct 3 with 2621 viewsE17hoop

Ainsworth on 15:12 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Should we? Probably not. But it's booted off at QPR many times in the past for a lot, lot less than what's happening currently, which I think is the point being made.

Arguably because the supporter base are more informed and know the financial pressures more than before?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Ainsworth on 16:21 - Oct 3 with 2615 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 10:51 - Oct 2 by Bluce_Ree

He got us up with a squad of, what I remember, was a load of Palace rejects and free signings.

He tried to keep us up with, what I remember, was mainly the same players and that shitty guy... who was that shitty guy? Bothroyd was it? The striker. He missed a million chances when we played Newcastle and we lost IIRC.

I thought it was Hughes and Redknapp who essentially f**ked us right in the dad, financially.

Take a look at the annual figures for that season lodged at Companies House, it may surprise you.

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 16:26 - Oct 3 with 2603 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ainsworth on 10:49 - Oct 3 by Ned_Kennedys

Well he seemed to do well at Huddersfield and Rotherham with no money to be fair.

I’d stick with Ainsworth though.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 10:52]

Sheff. Utd. & Middlesbrough are the only clubs he has managed on freebies and loans, he was also the one who bought Sala for cardiff.
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/neil-warnock/spielertransfers/trainer/1527

Ainsworth on 16:37 - Oct 3 with 2588 viewsTheChef

Ainsworth on 15:34 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think it's picking holes, Chef, we're just chatting here.

I just like positive talk as a psychological tool, and Ainsworth and Dobson are strong on that, so I find it a bit odd and slightly contradictory for him to be bigging up the oppo and stressing the challenges ahead.

It's not a deal-breaker for me or anything like that, just an observation: after all Gerry Francis did the very same and he was one of our very best managers.

Well he's not going to come out and say we'll thrash them? It's going to be a tough game but there's no reason why we can't get something out of it.

Ultimately I'm not going to hold too much stock in what a QPR manager says or doesn't say - in our soundbite-obsessed world it's all just platitudes and noise anyway, given the bland questions put to them week after week. I trust Ainsworth to get on with the job in hand of getting the best out of our players and the best possible results.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth on 16:42 - Oct 3 with 2532 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 16:26 - Oct 3 by Esox_Lucius

Sheff. Utd. & Middlesbrough are the only clubs he has managed on freebies and loans, he was also the one who bought Sala for cardiff.

He hardly spent much money keeping either Rotherham or Huddersfield up, which is what we require this season. Anyway, it's not going to happen considering he's already been fired multiple times by our owners.
Ainsworth on 16:49 - Oct 3 with 2519 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ainsworth on 16:26 - Oct 3 by Esox_Lucius

Not sure you have your facts right as that website shows he spent no money at Rotherham and Huddersfield.

Also Cardiff had just got promoted to the Premier League so of course they were going to spend some money on the squad.
Ainsworth on 16:53 - Oct 3 with 2523 viewsMole_Senior

Ainsworth on 13:02 - Oct 3 by GaryBannister86

This is what winds me up most about Ainsworth, look at his quote about tomorrow. "Leeds are a premier league outfit, but anybody can beat anybody on their day".

Moving aside the obvious point that they are definitely not a premier league outfit, that is the sort of thing a League Two manager comes out with when they draw a big club away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Why does he have to paint us so negatively the whole time. How about a bit of confidence?

You raise a fair point here mate and I too have been thinking similar for a while. Ainsworth's mantra appears to be "us against the world" which is ok in one-off games or throw-away cup matches as most people can relate to the underdog mentality.

This ethos is also reflective in our current home form, where we sit in and look to expose sides on the break; almost giving every single team (regardless of who they are) too much respect; all because it worked ok against Cardiff and Middlesbrough! This sadly highlights his naivety or perhaps lack of game management? If something is working fine away from home; great, keep doing it. If you haven't won at home in 20 odd matches then surely you need to try something new?

In short, I would like to see Ainsworth stay and achieve what we all want him to do. Unfortunately, I can't see that happening and unlike last season, I don't think the players are the main issue this time around. NW would be my choice to guide us to safety and then we regroup in the summer!
Ainsworth on 17:02 - Oct 3 with 2491 viewsNorthernr

Ainsworth on 16:20 - Oct 3 by E17hoop

Arguably because the supporter base are more informed and know the financial pressures more than before?

Those financial pressures were caused by decisions those running the club made though. It's not like somebody has just turned up from the EFL and gone "change of plan guys"... We've worked ourselves into this situation.
Ainsworth on 17:18 - Oct 3 with 2447 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Ainsworth on 16:20 - Oct 3 by E17hoop

Or the supporters base is just so demoralised they have gone past caring.

Personally, I think it's disgraceful what is happening to our club, but hey, we're playing Leeds, aren't we lucky.
Ainsworth on 17:27 - Oct 3 with 2425 viewsR_from_afar

Ainsworth on 15:24 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I think some fans are accepting because they understand the dire reality of our situation this season:
- A lack of quality
- A thin squad
- A lack of goals (plus ca change)
- Our best player (Willock) out of form and bereft of confidence
- Almost no way of adding players due to FFP, unless we do it via loans and/or frees.

We should not confuse being accepting about it with being happy about it, though; I see talk of "happy clappers" on here but I truly can't imagine anyone is one hundred per cent happy. We're not doing well, we lack goals, the home form is shocking.

If someone is one hundred per cent happy, please make yourself known to the cabin crew and they will be pleased to assist you

Antti has said what I have long been thinking. What should we do? Riot? Protest? Anyone from the board, the comms team or the coaching staff taking a peek on here will need all of five minutes to see there we're far from content.

Many posters said we would be in for a relegation scrap this season and lo and behold, nine games in, that's how it looks.

I hope and pray Ainsworth and whoever is helping him with recruitment are looking at free or loan strikers because with this current squad, I think Gaz, Warnock and even Pep will struggle to keep us up. I know he's not great but he has scored a few goals and is quick and powerful, so I keep thinking that not pursuing Ikpeazu - who has worked for Gareth before - could be a big mistake. He'd probably get a few goals and when you're averaging fewer than one goal a game, with your three best attacking players (Chair/Willock/Dykes) having scored one between them, " a few" could be significant. I had a look at strikers without a club and the list of English and Scottish players was not promising but then every club wants another striker. The full list, by the way, was massive. The only name which struck me was Conor Wickham; as I wrote before, anyone we can get is unlikely to be amazing, so be warned.

To stay up, we either need the current squad to perform better or a new addition(s) to improve us. I fear that the former is a strategy based on hope alone, whoever the manager is.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Ainsworth on 17:32 - Oct 3 with 2380 viewsQPRConor2000

2 wins in 9, joint 2nd lowest goalscorers in the league with Rotherham, 15 goals conceded in these 9 games and 1 home in 20.

I dunno about you, but with the October international break around the corner, I feel this an important week for Gareth.

I think the pressure will grow on GA unless we get something in the next two games, if we dont win ether match then that would mean 6 games without a win.

Not exactly a great look.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 21:20]
Ainsworth on 17:34 - Oct 3 with 2377 viewsloftupper

Ainsworth on 17:18 - Oct 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Or the supporters base is just so demoralised they have gone past caring.

Personally, I think it's disgraceful what is happening to our club, but hey, we're playing Leeds, aren't we lucky.

Echo this comment,

Its the speed of acceptance that surprises me, we were aspirational playoff contenders under Warburton and Beale, possibly mistakenly but still we were looking upwards.

We are now apparently lucky to be a championship club, punching above our weight.

Amazes me that Cook and Begovic are considered low budget 'no money available' signings.
Ainsworth on 18:43 - Oct 3 with 2188 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What does not accepting the status quo look like?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 18:53]
Ainsworth on 19:01 - Oct 3 with 2150 viewsloftupper

Ainsworth on 18:43 - Oct 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

What does not accepting the status quo look like?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 18:53]

Seriously? In general or within the confines of football?
Ainsworth on 19:24 - Oct 3 with 2065 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 19:01 - Oct 3 by loftupper

Seriously? In general or within the confines of football?

Football, but now you mention it...
Ainsworth on 19:25 - Oct 3 with 2054 viewsNortholt_Rs

Ainsworth on 14:52 - Oct 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Have to say I don't either, I wish he'd stop.

It's having an effect, too. Fans are settling for a lot less than when he took over.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 15:25]

Which is of course exactly why he does it…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ainsworth on 19:36 - Oct 3 with 2017 viewsBAWHoops

Ainsworth on 17:02 - Oct 3 by Northernr

Those financial pressures were caused by decisions those running the club made though. It's not like somebody has just turned up from the EFL and gone "change of plan guys"... We've worked ourselves into this situation.

Can't believe the easy ride the board are getting.
How they've worked us into this position is absolutely criminal after what went on from 2012 - 2017.
We've essentially spunked £20m of Eze money on absolutely nothing. A complete farce from the top down.

Beale being given free reign on transfers looks even worse when you see what he did at Rangers

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ainsworth on 23:36 - Oct 3 with 1757 viewsDejR_vu

Ainsworth on 19:36 - Oct 3 by BAWHoops

Can't believe the easy ride the board are getting.
How they've worked us into this position is absolutely criminal after what went on from 2012 - 2017.
We've essentially spunked £20m of Eze money on absolutely nothing. A complete farce from the top down.

Beale being given free reign on transfers looks even worse when you see what he did at Rangers

Blind leading the blind. Clueless owners make clueless appointments. This is what you get.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ainsworth on 00:10 - Oct 4 with 1715 viewsdannyblue

Ainsworth on 11:48 - Oct 3 by PlanetHonneywood

I think the problem was NW entered the TW with owners looking to sell-up and his budget and resulting acquisitions reflected that and, as said above and many times before, when the useless prat from KL rocked up, the dregs left in the barrel were what we left mulling over.

Young, Traore, and SWP should never have been signed and the money kept until January. Many of us at the time were urging caution, suggesting yo-yoing wasn't the worst thing in the world and I can't think of (m)any who were advocating the spunking of cash in the manner we did. Not one!

I am afraid, Fernandes the prat got it spectacularly wrong and the overwhelming majority of fans were telling him so. The fat, usless c..t never listened and thought he knew better, and NW should never have been sacked when he was.

I actually, amazingly, have some ITK insider on this* And yes it's true, Warnock had signings in mind and lined up, but wasn't allowed to get them and they went elsewhere. Briatore and Ecclestone didn't want to put any money in because they were selling the club.

*Through a strange miracle, a good mate was representing a Romanian player who had just had a good season and had to be sold to balance his clubs' owners debt to my mate's boss, and had to leave the country for some other reasons to do with his girlfriend too, and I had time on my hands, and an old colleague of mine happeneed to have the phone numbers of Neil Warnock, and a few other football people. I texted and spoke to each of them and was astonished at the level of access I could get, and how candid and simplistic the conversations were. I spoke to Neil, he told me to phone the club office and tell them he'd told them to give me Mick Jones's number because he was managing recruitment. They did. I spoke to Mick. He said he wasn't interested in my player because they had all their signings lined up and I'd see them in the press over the next few days, but if they'd made no signings in the next fortnight, to give him a call back. I did. He was audibly very frustrated and pssd off. Didn't want my player though. Incidentally Norwich (I spoke to Ewan Chester), managed by Paul Lambert at the time, weren't interested because they had a policy to only sign players who had already been in England for at least a year. West Brom (Bobby Hope) weren't interested in my goal-scoring midfielder but said "call me if you've got a target man or a big centreback". Blackburn (Martyn Glover) said they'd take a look if he was playing somewhere in the UK, but wouldn't pay to fly him over. Bill Green at Leicester was a decent chap. I didn't manage to get through to Brendan Rogers at Swansea or Graham Carr at NUFC. And then my mum died, and I had to sort that out, and my career as a football agent was over almost as quickly as it began. Sorry if I've told this story before...
[Post edited 4 Oct 2023 0:30]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024