Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 01:46 - Oct 5 with 10874 viewsHooparoo

We’re on track to go down with about 35 points FFS. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

10 games in on 20:42 - Oct 5 with 2146 viewsBrianMcCarthy

10 games in on 19:58 - Oct 5 by terryb

It's just something I've read Brian & it might have been somebody different, but I think it was Clive who reported this as the case. Something along the lines of Fernandes scratching his itch with McClaren & Bahtia now doing the same with Ainsworth.

My apologies Clive if I'm naming you incorrectly.

No hassle at all, Terry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

10 games in on 20:57 - Oct 5 with 2089 viewsPhilmyRs

It's just something I've read Brian & it might have been somebody different, but I think it was Clive who reported this as the case. Something along the lines of Fernandes scratching his itch with McClaren & Bahtia now doing the same with Ainsworth.

First I heard about the Amit itch and Ainsworth was when it was reported on the West London podcast - Ian Mac? Not heard anyone report that since or before. Found it surprising at the time and still not sure on it.
10 games in on 21:50 - Oct 5 with 1927 viewsQPunkR

10 games in on 20:04 - Oct 5 by Jules4367

The problem ISN'T Ainsworth.
Getting someone new in does not resolve the problem.
Its like having a park full of long established weeds, moss, clover, dandelions and then sacking the council's gardener because you cannot play tennis, cricket , croquet on it.
The weeds are established and the new guy will have to work around them as he cannot get rid of them.
Dykes is not a championship level striker
Willock doesn't tackle and is a loafer
Armstrong panics
Dozell - nothing to be said other than
We have a team that cannot score consistently.
We know we are going to go behind, it is all just a matter of time - we all know that tick tock tick tock 0-1.
We all look at the clock and think " great they haven't let one in yet" whereas others tams supporters are " we haven't scored yet!"...that's the difference and sacking Gareth will NOT change that!
So we can all talk about getting rid of Gareth but- if we DO get relegated - who is the Ollie equivalent to get us upward out of League 1??

Added to that is also a) the cost of sacking him and his backroom team and b) hiring a replacement. Just like getting in this magical striker the rest of the football league has somehow overlooked - we don't have any money! At least, not until we sell someone - and imagine where the fk we'd be if we sold Chair!

QPR - "shit but local"

10 games in on 22:15 - Oct 5 with 1880 viewsderbyhoop

10 games in on 09:17 - Oct 5 by daveB

Warnock avaliable or take a punt on Lee Carlsey who has done a good job with England under 21's, Richardson did a good job at Wigan, I still wave the Karl Robinson flag, we shouldn't just accept being rubbish

Interesting suggestions for a potential replacement. However it doesnt change the finances, although payoff to GA et al would make things worse. Neither does it change contract situation or the lack if any effective striking options.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

10 games in on 22:18 - Oct 5 with 1868 viewsManinBlack

So the gist of this thread is that we are going down and have to accept it. If we stick with Ainsworth we are doomed and if we replace him we are still doomed because the team isn't good enough and we won't score enough with what we have no matter who comes in. Sadly both verdicts are probably true.

It is clear our finances seem to mean that we are hesitant to sack a manager overseeing an atrocious home record. Then you look at clubs like Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday who take early action to sack managers after 10 games so clearly money doesn't hold them back in making the change this early.

Rangers didn't hesitate to get rid of the traitor after losing to Celtic and Aberdeen and getting stuffed in Europe, which in my eyes is not as bad as our manager unable to win Championship home games. It does suggest that we do tolerate managers longer than so called bigger clubs despite our track record for changing the boss.
10 games in on 22:35 - Oct 5 with 1818 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

10 games in on 22:18 - Oct 5 by ManinBlack

So the gist of this thread is that we are going down and have to accept it. If we stick with Ainsworth we are doomed and if we replace him we are still doomed because the team isn't good enough and we won't score enough with what we have no matter who comes in. Sadly both verdicts are probably true.

It is clear our finances seem to mean that we are hesitant to sack a manager overseeing an atrocious home record. Then you look at clubs like Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday who take early action to sack managers after 10 games so clearly money doesn't hold them back in making the change this early.

Rangers didn't hesitate to get rid of the traitor after losing to Celtic and Aberdeen and getting stuffed in Europe, which in my eyes is not as bad as our manager unable to win Championship home games. It does suggest that we do tolerate managers longer than so called bigger clubs despite our track record for changing the boss.

That’s not where I am.

I think we always have a chance at staying up for two reasons…

1. Never rule out there being three other basket case clubs.

2. This is the Championship. You never know if there is a battering or a five match unbeaten run round the corner.
10 games in on 10:07 - Oct 6 with 1612 viewsR_from_afar

10 games in on 18:53 - Oct 5 by terryb

"Ainsworth and co. need to get a free or loan striker now, perhaps on a deal until the end of the year. I hope to God that they are already looking."

Good luck with that! Loan players & free transfers can only be signed during the transfer window. You can still sign players that are not contracted to ant other club, but you can't play them unless there are vacancies in the named 25 players.

I think we could accomodate another player, but like Cannon, they would take time to gain fitness etc

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the rules, I should've included players without a contract in my list.

I still think we can get someone. We managed to get Martin before and yes I know he wasn't ideal, and no, I am not hankering after him or a similar type of player necessarily, but his few goals did make a material difference.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

10 games in on 11:15 - Oct 6 with 1539 viewsjohnhoop

10 games in on 17:24 - Oct 5 by Antti_Heinola

So...

Begovic
Kakay Dunne Salter
Smyth Dozzell Paal Larkeche
Chair
Armstrong Dykes

Well it’s a team Jim, but not as we know it.
Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 11:18 - Oct 6 with 1532 viewsNorthernr

So...

Begovic
Kakay Dunne Salter
Chair
Armstrong Dykes

If that midfield wins a Championship game they should produce a fcking commemorative DVD.
10 games in on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 1524 viewsTheChef

10 games in on 11:18 - Oct 6 by Northernr

If that midfield wins a Championship game they should produce a fcking commemorative DVD.

Spat my tea out

With the personnel available, even getting a point would be some achievement!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

10 games in on 13:23 - Oct 6 with 1393 viewsNorthernr

Yeh no great secret, Bhatia took the keys off them in February and went with Ainsworth. Les/Hoos etc would never have gone for him, as you can see by the many previous times they could have appointed him and didn't.
10 games in on 14:03 - Oct 6 with 1297 viewsLongRanger

This fanbase relentless scramble for another new manager is crazy, we've had a string of managers who've been successful before or after they have come here, yet fail with us. Surely everyone must now realise that the manager is not the problem, we desperately need an entire new board with a clear strategy and direction on every aspect of the club. If these owners can't deliver that, which I seriously doubt, then that is who we should be looking to replace. Ainsworth, Critchley, Warburton, all of them decent in their own way but they're like a fireman with a garden hose dealing with a huge fuel fire, the club is a shambles. Get that sorted and then we move forward and decide on the right manager. Some say we should make a stand, that should be against the owners, to run our club properly. Sounds like they were celebrated at the Fans Forum, yet we hammer one manager after another, lets start looking in the right direction.

If anyone interested in how to run a club, listen to Brighton's Paul Barber on the High Performance podcast, we're miles off it, yet think keep changing the manager is the answer.
10 games in on 14:06 - Oct 6 with 1281 viewsAntti_Heinola

10 games in on 11:18 - Oct 6 by Northernr

Said at the start of the season, we are WOEFULLY short in centre mid.

Bare bones.

10 games in on 14:12 - Oct 6 with 1256 viewsAntti_Heinola

10 games in on 14:03 - Oct 6 by LongRanger

This fanbase relentless scramble for another new manager is crazy, we've had a string of managers who've been successful before or after they have come here, yet fail with us. Surely everyone must now realise that the manager is not the problem, we desperately need an entire new board with a clear strategy and direction on every aspect of the club. If these owners can't deliver that, which I seriously doubt, then that is who we should be looking to replace. Ainsworth, Critchley, Warburton, all of them decent in their own way but they're like a fireman with a garden hose dealing with a huge fuel fire, the club is a shambles. Get that sorted and then we move forward and decide on the right manager. Some say we should make a stand, that should be against the owners, to run our club properly. Sounds like they were celebrated at the Fans Forum, yet we hammer one manager after another, lets start looking in the right direction.

If anyone interested in how to run a club, listen to Brighton's Paul Barber on the High Performance podcast, we're miles off it, yet think keep changing the manager is the answer.

Much easier to not sack managers when you appoint the right managers.

Besides, it's a slightly unfair thing to lay at the club. They stuck with Warbs for three seasons, and had no thought of sacking Beale. Critchley was a disaster.

Bare bones.

10 games in on 14:12 - Oct 6 with 1254 viewsHayesender

Well fck me, if Dixon-Bonner can't get a game on Saturday, he may as well look for a different career

Poll: Shamima Beghum

10 games in on 14:34 - Oct 6 with 1204 viewsterryb

So...

Begovic
Kakay Dunne Salter
Chair
Armstrong Dykes

I don't think for a minute this will be the side, but I would prefer:-

Begovich
Kakay Dunne Clarke-Salter Paal
Dixon-Bonner Dozzell Duke-Mckenna Smyth
Chair
Dykes

I've no real arguement with Larkeche starting instead on one of the two double barrelled men. No, I don't think it will be good enough, but whatever GA decides, please can we have some changes of personnel or system!
10 games in on 14:35 - Oct 6 with 1201 viewsManinBlack

10 games in on 14:03 - Oct 6 by LongRanger

I have to agree that we need new owners and investment. Brighton, like Fulham and Brentford, have shot past us as we flounder in mediocrity year after year.

Our football club reflects what is happening in the country. Public services starved of funding leads to a decline in the same way as our playing budget is cut each year leading to an inferior team on the pitch. Everything needs investment to improve them and constantly tightening the belt has consequences. What we are seeing in our team is what you see in the SPL at teams like Livingston, Ross County, St Johnstone and the rest in having no money and no quality.

I accept the manager's can't do much if starved of funds to bring in better quality but Ainsworth could be doing a bit better with what he has and the tactics are dubious. A change of manager could at least improve the tactics and have us better prepared. At the end of the day the manager cannot put the ball in the net so the players have to work on it. Having our main striker going in goal when we are losing is comedy in itself and smacks of a player hiding from his responsibilities.

Even if Ainsworth stays and we stay up what will next season be like? More reductions to the budget, an even worse team, less income with lower season ticket renewals ? This year by year cutting costs is producing garbage for us to behold, a slow and painful death, football you would rather not want to watch. We are going nowhere with the current owners so the only hope is a new owner to invest but if they never appear then the future doesn't look good.
10 games in on 15:21 - Oct 6 with 1137 viewsAntti_Heinola

10 games in on 14:35 - Oct 6 by ManinBlack

I have to agree that we need new owners and investment. Brighton, like Fulham and Brentford, have shot past us as we flounder in mediocrity year after year.

Our football club reflects what is happening in the country. Public services starved of funding leads to a decline in the same way as our playing budget is cut each year leading to an inferior team on the pitch. Everything needs investment to improve them and constantly tightening the belt has consequences. What we are seeing in our team is what you see in the SPL at teams like Livingston, Ross County, St Johnstone and the rest in having no money and no quality.

I accept the manager's can't do much if starved of funds to bring in better quality but Ainsworth could be doing a bit better with what he has and the tactics are dubious. A change of manager could at least improve the tactics and have us better prepared. At the end of the day the manager cannot put the ball in the net so the players have to work on it. Having our main striker going in goal when we are losing is comedy in itself and smacks of a player hiding from his responsibilities.

Even if Ainsworth stays and we stay up what will next season be like? More reductions to the budget, an even worse team, less income with lower season ticket renewals ? This year by year cutting costs is producing garbage for us to behold, a slow and painful death, football you would rather not want to watch. We are going nowhere with the current owners so the only hope is a new owner to invest but if they never appear then the future doesn't look good.

tbf, there is likely to be more budget next summer. They had to cut back this summer to get under ffp, but next summer the headroom will improve.
I don't think it's really a question of more investment, it's all about better investment. Every club in England would like to do what Brentford and Brighton are doing. So easy to say: 'do that' - but the fact not everyone is doing it proves how hard it is (not making excuses for how woeful we are btw).

Bare bones.

10 games in on 15:43 - Oct 6 with 1089 viewsjoolsyp

10 games in on 14:06 - Oct 6 by Antti_Heinola

Said at the start of the season, we are WOEFULLY short in centre mid.

But we don’t need a midfield if all we are doing is hitting long to Dykes and Armstrong …

Can Chair drop back to play alongside Dozzell on Sat with Willock playing further forward? The young kid Alex Aroaha?
10 games in on 15:46 - Oct 6 with 1083 viewsAntti_Heinola

10 games in on 15:43 - Oct 6 by joolsyp

But we don’t need a midfield if all we are doing is hitting long to Dykes and Armstrong …

Can Chair drop back to play alongside Dozzell on Sat with Willock playing further forward? The young kid Alex Aroaha?

yeah... you still need a midfield to win the ball back!

Bare bones.

10 games in on 17:08 - Oct 6 with 962 viewsLblock

10 games in on 15:43 - Oct 6 by joolsyp

Sorry but gotta give my view which is at odds of the majority about us being a long ball team

I don’t see us a team that wheels the cannon out every time, I think we TRY to mix it up a fair bit which I’m alright with.
Our issue is our movement is static or passive, we don’t attack opposition players with the ball at our feet enough. Last Saturday in first half I saw some evidence, not enough but some, it disappeared 2nd half

Balls into channels I’m also alright with when you have Armstrong, Smyth and (heavens forbid) a fit and firing Willock. However you gotta join up with these fellas and we don’t.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

10 games in on 17:21 - Oct 6 with 923 viewsLongRanger

10 games in on 14:12 - Oct 6 by Antti_Heinola

Much easier to not sack managers when you appoint the right managers.

Besides, it's a slightly unfair thing to lay at the club. They stuck with Warbs for three seasons, and had no thought of sacking Beale. Critchley was a disaster.

The club appointed all these managers, all have a a different style, which is a simple example that they have no idea what they're doing.
10 games in on 17:26 - Oct 6 with 910 viewsLongRanger

10 games in on 15:21 - Oct 6 by Antti_Heinola

tbf, there is likely to be more budget next summer. They had to cut back this summer to get under ffp, but next summer the headroom will improve.
I don't think it's really a question of more investment, it's all about better investment. Every club in England would like to do what Brentford and Brighton are doing. So easy to say: 'do that' - but the fact not everyone is doing it proves how hard it is (not making excuses for how woeful we are btw).

Totally agree, the owners have plenty of money, but they can't spend it because they have wasted so much of it constantly changing direction leaving us scraping to next season, hoping we're in the league to spend the money that becomes available again, but who knows what they spend it on.

However you cut it, it all loops back to them and how they run the club, they seem like good people doing a bad job
10 games in on 17:33 - Oct 6 with 883 viewsBklynRanger

10 games in on 14:34 - Oct 6 by terryb

I don't think for a minute this will be the side, but I would prefer:-

Begovich
Kakay Dunne Clarke-Salter Paal
Dixon-Bonner Dozzell Duke-Mckenna Smyth
Chair
Dykes

I've no real arguement with Larkeche starting instead on one of the two double barrelled men. No, I don't think it will be good enough, but whatever GA decides, please can we have some changes of personnel or system!

It does need some kind of change. There I said it.

I'd go for something like:

A. Keeper
Dunne. Glass-Salter. Fox (if not fit I have no idea)
Ossie, 'Dozzer', Sado Duke Masochism, Smyth
Chair
Armstrong Dykes
10 games in on 17:45 - Oct 6 with 846 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

10 games in on 15:21 - Oct 6 by Antti_Heinola

Will the head room improve? 2 year deals for Dads Army of Colback, Begovich, Cook and Fox will be eating into next year's budget, as they are not playing for free.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024