Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Louis Theroux Interviews 17:37 - Nov 14 with 6956 viewsflynnbo

On tonight at 9 pm on BBC 2 where he's interviewing Pete Doherty. Hopefully, it will have some QPR related content with those two.

Coincidentally, his sibling Marcel is the investigatative journalist in The Playboy Bunny Murder at the same time on ITV 1.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 17:48 - Nov 14 with 6872 viewsMick_S

Nice one - don’t watch much tv. This will be interesting, to say the least.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Louis Theroux Interviews on 19:35 - Nov 14 with 6605 viewsChrisNW6

Really seems to be in a good place right now + clean for 4 yrs 👍 back with Carl and making music. Urrrrs
Louis Theroux Interviews on 19:39 - Nov 14 with 6583 viewsqueensparker

He’s blown hot and cold as a songwriter over the years but at his peak Pete’s written some absolute classics. I was just about young enough to see The Libertines in their early days without looking like I was picking my kids up and they were amazing.

Looks like he’s finally on top of his demons which is nice to see. It hasn’t been a pleasant journey for him sometimes.

But ultimately anyone who can get the world’s hottest model posing in a QPR Guinness top on a best selling album cover is surely beyond reproach.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 19:44]
Louis Theroux Interviews on 20:46 - Nov 14 with 6425 viewsSpaceman_P

He looks like he has new demons now.... i.e French Cheese.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 6222 viewsCateLeBonR

I enjoyed that. He's much like so many things in life and like his music. Hard to make sense of.

"We'll find out. When push comes to shove"

👍
Louis Theroux Interviews on 22:08 - Nov 14 with 6148 viewstraininvain

Enjoyed it and hope he stays clean but you could almost feel the pull of the drugs when he spoke about it all. Hope he manages to live in peace in France with his wife and daughter.

Libertines one of the best bands I’ve seen live. Usually chaotic but good times and impressive set list considering they’ve only made three albums.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 22:48 - Nov 14 with 6008 viewsJimthehip

Thanks for the tip off

Really enjoyed it. Pete does seem quite sad and his addictions have made him seriously unwell but it's great that he is still going.

Louis is. rangers fan too
Louis Theroux Interviews on 07:48 - Nov 15 with 5642 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Louis Theroux Interviews on 20:46 - Nov 14 by Spaceman_P

He looks like he has new demons now.... i.e French Cheese.

I was in a town in Brittany last year and a day earlier, I might have caught him in concert. Recalling that the last time I saw him at QPR, when he was sat two rows behind me and looking like death warmed up, I googled and read an article about him.

He certainly was packing the cheese away, and he seemed to be chowing down a lot! However, the article left me with the distinct impression that our Pete is destined to be an agitated soul, battling an array of demons on a daily basis. He and Winehouse the best adverts for giving Class A narcotics a wide berth.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Louis Theroux Interviews on 09:08 - Nov 15 with 5462 viewsstevec

Seems a haunted man beneath the public facade.

For all his music I can’t help think the defining moment for him must be the video of the aftermath of Blanco’s fall. Suspect a decent guy beyond the haze, if he is able to put the Blanco family at rest maybe he’d find peace.

Louis Theroux class, as ever.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 09:12 - Nov 15 with 5457 viewssparkey

I have seen Louis Theroux a couple times at the Loft with i assume his son?

Top class interviewer, not sure anyone can do it quite like him.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 09:27 - Nov 15 with 5402 viewsjoe90

I thought it was a depressing interview. He's got two kids he doesn't see, there's the question over Blanco's death and his own ill health.

For all his romantic ideals and talent he's left a trail of destruction. His talent could never excuse his addiction. It's a tragic story because the Libertines were okay, not great, and he'll be remembered for the drugs and not the music.

Also, Carl Barat was an absolute state as well.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 9:29]
Louis Theroux Interviews on 10:54 - Nov 15 with 5232 viewsNW5Hoop

I was asked to interview him last week. Said no. No desire to chat about music and football with someone who as, at the very least, questions to answer over a man's death.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 11:22 - Nov 15 with 5137 viewsGaryBannister86

Talking of tortured souls, I listened to Steve Bunce interviewing Chris Eubank last night on 5Live. Absolutely extraordinary. The tragedy Eubank has had to deal with is unbelievable, how he finds the strength to have his outlook I have no idea.

I guess if ever someone's boxing abilities / character reflected real life, this is it.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:51 - Nov 15 with 4875 viewsStevenageRanger

Louis Theroux Interviews on 09:12 - Nov 15 by sparkey

I have seen Louis Theroux a couple times at the Loft with i assume his son?

Top class interviewer, not sure anyone can do it quite like him.

I have mentioned this before that Louis and his son had the two seats directly in front of me all of last season in Lower Loft.

He is just like the rest of us at football in that shouts out, few high fives when we score crucial goals (not many of these happened, although Watford at home earlier in the year was a real 'high five the people around you day' when we won!!) and in that same game was giving a few hand signals to Hamza Choudhury

One other thing that stuck with me was when we played Norwich and Teemu Puki was warming up, he was very much trying to get his attention and calling out to him a lot (I thought he must know him)

He isn't there this year, so must have either given up or moved seats.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 13:02]
Louis Theroux Interviews on 13:02 - Nov 15 with 4825 viewsQPunkR

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:51 - Nov 15 by StevenageRanger

I have mentioned this before that Louis and his son had the two seats directly in front of me all of last season in Lower Loft.

He is just like the rest of us at football in that shouts out, few high fives when we score crucial goals (not many of these happened, although Watford at home earlier in the year was a real 'high five the people around you day' when we won!!) and in that same game was giving a few hand signals to Hamza Choudhury

One other thing that stuck with me was when we played Norwich and Teemu Puki was warming up, he was very much trying to get his attention and calling out to him a lot (I thought he must know him)

He isn't there this year, so must have either given up or moved seats.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 13:02]

No mate, he's gone to Minnesota United

QPR - "shit but local"

Louis Theroux Interviews on 13:30 - Nov 15 with 4741 viewsStevenageRanger

Louis Theroux Interviews on 13:02 - Nov 15 by QPunkR

No mate, he's gone to Minnesota United

Shouting 'Teemu, Teemu, Teemu, Teemu'
Louis Theroux Interviews on 10:47 - Nov 16 with 4070 viewsRangersDave

i think i've still got a copy or 2 of 'all quiet on the western avenue' sold to me by Pete, back in the day.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Louis Theroux Interviews on 10:55 - Nov 16 with 4047 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Louis Theroux Interviews on 10:47 - Nov 16 by RangersDave

i think i've still got a copy or 2 of 'all quiet on the western avenue' sold to me by Pete, back in the day.

Great name for a fanzine that
Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:37 - Nov 16 with 3872 viewsTheChef

Have to say I can't really understand the interest in Pete Doherty (other than fine, he's a QPR fan) - just another musician who has struggles with addiction. Am I missing something?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:49 - Nov 16 with 3825 viewstraininvain

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:37 - Nov 16 by TheChef

Have to say I can't really understand the interest in Pete Doherty (other than fine, he's a QPR fan) - just another musician who has struggles with addiction. Am I missing something?

Surely it just comes down to personal taste in music and probably your age, whether you were into indie, the Libertines etc. I’ve never understood the obsession with Queen but they’re one of the biggest groups of all time!

Throw into the mix that Pete Doherty was a goldmine for media to cover his exploits (the drugs, Kate Moss connection etc) and sell papers. It’s hardly surprising that there’s a fair bit of public interest in him.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:51 - Nov 16 with 3818 viewsTheChef

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:49 - Nov 16 by traininvain

Surely it just comes down to personal taste in music and probably your age, whether you were into indie, the Libertines etc. I’ve never understood the obsession with Queen but they’re one of the biggest groups of all time!

Throw into the mix that Pete Doherty was a goldmine for media to cover his exploits (the drugs, Kate Moss connection etc) and sell papers. It’s hardly surprising that there’s a fair bit of public interest in him.

Yeah I thought The Libertines were OK, but again, nothing special.

Just odd how the media fixates on certain individuals - or the usual it's not what you know, it's who you know...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:58 - Nov 16 with 3780 viewsMonkey_Roots

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:51 - Nov 16 by TheChef

Just odd how the media fixates on certain individuals - or the usual it's not what you know, it's who you know...

So and so's a great singer, and buys his mum flowers... oh right.

So and so's a half decent singer, and he beat his mum half to death with spade whilst off his nut... kerching!
Louis Theroux Interviews on 13:42 - Nov 16 with 3692 viewsQPR_Jim

Louis Theroux Interviews on 12:51 - Nov 16 by TheChef

To be fair I imagine he would have preferred not to have the media attention if he had a choice in the matter.

Once he was famous it was more like a personal attack on him by the media, to try and take him down a notch. They had the arrest stories but all papers could report that, the tabloids went seeking exclusives and It seemed like any unsubstantiated claim from a "friend" (who absolutely wouldn't be feeding them lies to pay for their own habit) was sufficient evidence to put into print as fact, it's only celeb gossip after all. At the time people like him (and Amy WInehouse) were easy targets, I imagine they were unlikely to want to involve the police because of their addiction, so any old rubbish could be printed about them without consequence.

Anyway on the original topic, I thought the interview was quite sad overall. It seemed like Louis warmed to him and found him quite likable. He seemed to not want to take credit for getting clean which was worrying as it possibly means he's not convinced he's clean yet or he knows he will relapse.

The worst part for me was the guy outside the hotel trying to get him to party with him after his gig. Great for the guy who could say he'd hung out with Pete, great story for him to tell his friends no doubt. Seemed like an unnecessary temptation for a recovering addict with a new born baby.
Louis Theroux Interviews on 10:07 - Nov 21 with 3024 viewsCateLeBonR

Louis Theroux Interviews on 11:25 - Nov 21 with 2901 viewsRs_Holy

Louis Theroux Interviews on 10:07 - Nov 21 by CateLeBonR

I really like the Louis Theroux shows ... in an age of overly bright, overly smiley, overly polished and in your face tv, its quite refreshing to have something non conventional.
Bloke in the video is obviously not a fan but you cant please all the people, all of the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024