Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Square it Tommy 11:31 - Nov 24 with 5212 viewsTheChef

I know we all go on about it like it was some mythical virtual open goal that would have won us the play off final - but does anyone have any video evidence of it?

I've looked at the various highlights clips on YouTube, but none of them include it.

Did it ever actually exist??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Square it Tommy on 11:33 - Nov 24 with 4551 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Oh it existed alright, just not for the one most important person in the stadium!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Square it Tommy on 11:57 - Nov 24 with 4434 viewsstevec

We were staring straight down at it, front row second tier.

Good run if I remember it properly, ended with my head in my hands.
Square it Tommy on 12:51 - Nov 24 with 4324 viewsloftus77

Remember it well - but can't recall when in the game it was - was it 89th minute or 2nd period of extra time just before the calamity?

It was a great run, but Furlong (obvs) and I think Gallen too (?) were right there....
Square it Tommy on 13:31 - Nov 24 with 4187 viewsOakR

Yes it was a great run and he then went for glory.

On the plus side it meant we could just about escape alive from the stadium.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Square it Tommy on 13:47 - Nov 24 with 4122 viewsAntti_Heinola

In a minority of one, but I had no problem with him shooting from there. I think most players would have done the same (especially most players at that level). Was a shame, but, you know, in the grand scheme of things not the worst decision a QPR player has ever made.

Bare bones.

Square it Tommy on 13:51 - Nov 24 with 4100 viewsNorthernr

Square it Tommy on 13:47 - Nov 24 by Antti_Heinola

In a minority of one, but I had no problem with him shooting from there. I think most players would have done the same (especially most players at that level). Was a shame, but, you know, in the grand scheme of things not the worst decision a QPR player has ever made.

You're right most players would have shot. At the end of a run like that I reckon 9/10 shoot.
Square it Tommy on 14:05 - Nov 24 with 4067 viewsTheChef

To be honest, I'm grateful to Tommy that I am still alive today.

Square it Tommy on 15:08 - Nov 24 with 3916 viewsBoston

Hande hoch Tommy.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Square it Tommy on 15:24 - Nov 24 with 3883 viewsJuzzie

Square it Tommy on 15:08 - Nov 24 by Boston

Hande hoch Tommy.

lol Godwin!
Square it Tommy on 16:09 - Nov 24 with 3737 viewsHantsR

It wasn't too bad an idea to shoot, but as I recall, Andy Thomas and Paul Furlong had positioned themselves perfectly ready to tap in the squared pass.
Square it Tommy on 16:17 - Nov 24 with 3717 viewsMetallica_Hoop

We were on that side by the goal and he should have squared it, but as others say it was also a goalscoring chance.

I don't think it would have been fun getting away after. I remember being locked in at Ninian after we won there. (was it Langers?)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Square it Tommy on 16:20 - Nov 24 with 3708 viewsdenhamhoop2

I have no problem generally with a player having a shot but from the corner of the six yard box with 2 team mates square for an easy tap in and even more so a totally left footed player with his foot normally only used for standing upon then it's a no from me
Square it Tommy on 16:21 - Nov 24 with 3693 viewsTheChef

Square it Tommy on 16:17 - Nov 24 by Metallica_Hoop

We were on that side by the goal and he should have squared it, but as others say it was also a goalscoring chance.

I don't think it would have been fun getting away after. I remember being locked in at Ninian after we won there. (was it Langers?)

Yeah that was fun in the car park afterwards with Cardiff fans picking off any Rs fan they could find.

Square it Tommy on 17:00 - Nov 24 with 3591 viewsGalileo

Yes it very much existed.
Square it Tommy on 17:07 - Nov 24 with 3570 viewsGalileo

Best bit of fun was after the 0-0 FA cup 3rd round game at Ninian in 1990.

And if I remember rightly, didn't one of theirs run up the pitch giving it large to the Loft after we beat them in the replay.
Square it Tommy on 17:09 - Nov 24 with 3569 viewsPeterHucker

Square it Tommy on 16:21 - Nov 24 by TheChef

Yeah that was fun in the car park afterwards with Cardiff fans picking off any Rs fan they could find.

Yes It was Langley with the late winner.
One of the most wildly celebrated goals I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
What a day.
But yes, I also remember standing on that terrace being locked in after the match and looking across that car park to our left and seeing all the menacing looking Cardiff fans hanging around. Thankfully we kept our hands down, avoided all eye contact and nothing happened, but I think that walk back to the car was one of the most frightening experiences I've had following QPR.
Cardiff was a very unpleasant place to go & watch football back then. Still had people coming up to us starting to start trouble after that playoff match. And they fvcking won that one!! Had my 60 year old Dad with me and nobheads still trying to kick off FFS.
Square it Tommy on 17:38 - Nov 24 with 3505 viewsdaveB

was on his weaker foot though after cutting inside and he was fcked, should have passed it but would have been an unbelievable goal if it had come off
Square it Tommy on 19:48 - Nov 24 with 3376 viewsHAYESBOY

Not on there, although only had one quick look through.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Square it Tommy on 20:23 - Nov 24 with 3302 viewsqpr_1968

Square it Tommy on 12:51 - Nov 24 by loftus77

Remember it well - but can't recall when in the game it was - was it 89th minute or 2nd period of extra time just before the calamity?

It was a great run, but Furlong (obvs) and I think Gallen too (?) were right there....

4 minutes into the second half of extra time....square it tommy, go on..

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Square it Tommy on 21:15 - Nov 24 with 3245 viewsManinBlack

Damn Rotherham equalised right on half time v Leeds.

Anyway I don't get this just as well we lost to get out alive comments. Many said the same after City. I can't understand why people would travel hundreds of miles knowing that if we win the locals will go mental so just as well we lost attitudes to get home in one piece. It begs the question why anyone would go if they think they will come to harm. It sounds like people are glad we lost which goes against my logic.

So when we play Coventry in the final game, which could be a relegation decider with the loser going down, am I to understand you will all secretly hope we lose to get out of the stadium alive? Best stay at home if you think we might win and Cov fans will turn into wild beasts ready to savage you.
Square it Tommy on 22:27 - Nov 24 with 3127 viewsPeterHucker

Square it Tommy on 21:15 - Nov 24 by ManinBlack

Damn Rotherham equalised right on half time v Leeds.

Anyway I don't get this just as well we lost to get out alive comments. Many said the same after City. I can't understand why people would travel hundreds of miles knowing that if we win the locals will go mental so just as well we lost attitudes to get home in one piece. It begs the question why anyone would go if they think they will come to harm. It sounds like people are glad we lost which goes against my logic.

So when we play Coventry in the final game, which could be a relegation decider with the loser going down, am I to understand you will all secretly hope we lose to get out of the stadium alive? Best stay at home if you think we might win and Cov fans will turn into wild beasts ready to savage you.

Neither Coventry at the present time, or Man City in 2012 had the reputation for violence that Cardiff had and deserved in the early 2000s.

But even so, no of course I’m not glad we lost. That would be ridiculous. That playoff final still hurts now. Proper QPR team with proper QPR players. The following season, Sheffield Wednesday away & the bus parade / pissup especially was brilliant. But I’d have given up all that to have won at the Millenium stadium.
Square it Tommy on 23:13 - Nov 24 with 3085 viewsLazyFan

Did he not have a nickname of the Chocolate One?

He loved himself so much that if he were a chocolate, he would eat himself.

Or words to that affect?

zzzzzzzzzz

Square it Tommy on 23:17 - Nov 24 with 3081 viewsSteveB

Flew in from Bahrain for that game, spent 2 nights at the Celtic Manor - yup that night of the fire alarm, me, wife & another 2 mates in the car park 03.15 with the whole QPR squad.

After the game, back to the hotel - kicked off in the bar, with the hotel staff/Management, crazy couple of days. Hate Cardiff & all who ride in her. C**ts.

Sam Hamman, what a 24 carat ....
[Post edited 24 Nov 2023 23:22]
Square it Tommy on 00:13 - Nov 25 with 3048 viewswombat

Square it Tommy on 23:17 - Nov 24 by SteveB

Flew in from Bahrain for that game, spent 2 nights at the Celtic Manor - yup that night of the fire alarm, me, wife & another 2 mates in the car park 03.15 with the whole QPR squad.

After the game, back to the hotel - kicked off in the bar, with the hotel staff/Management, crazy couple of days. Hate Cardiff & all who ride in her. C**ts.

Sam Hamman, what a 24 carat ....
[Post edited 24 Nov 2023 23:22]

Haven’t seen Tommy on X for a While funnily enough , but have to admit to still bating him a tad on why didn’t he pass that day , he did a while back send me a 2 page reply which is stuck on my old twitter acct never to be seen again , shame as his reply was shall we say fairly detailed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Square it Tommy on 02:37 - Nov 25 with 3008 viewscharmr

That FA Cup game away at Cardiff top of my list for intimidation levels and pure hatred pouring down at you. That and Leeds away FA Cup for most hostile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024