Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread 12:49 - Dec 12 with 48944 viewsE17hoop

Fancy the wins will stop tomorrow. 1-1

Again, don't blame me if the run stops.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 00:24 - Dec 14 with 1877 viewsLblock

Over an hour against 10 men you say?

Against a team with an awoaway record you say?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Same old, kin same old

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 00:28 - Dec 14 with 1869 viewsdmm

Not long back. A couple of thoughts.

Would we have won if it remained 11 v 11? I know we were lucky not to have conceded in the opening 25 minutes but there would have been more space for our forwards in the final third.

Did Cifuentes tinker just a little too much in this game? It seemed he wanted to see what a few players looked like in a game situation, Kelman in particular, and it made us less effective.

EDB increasingly looks like he's an excellent signing, and is shaping up to be a great utility player who can cover lots of different positions.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 0:29]
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 00:38 - Dec 14 with 1826 viewsE17hoop

We can't beat everyone and when Plymouth went to 10 they made it tough to get anything from the game.

Another clean sheet, still unbeaten in 4.

If you'd been offered 4 points from 2 home games against Hull and Plymouth a few week's ago, you'd have bitten someone's hand off. It shows how much were improving that we feel disappointed.

Best of all MC recognises it, called us out, and will seek a reaction against Wednesday.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 00:49 - Dec 14 with 1780 viewsnumptydumpty

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 00:38 - Dec 14 by E17hoop

We can't beat everyone and when Plymouth went to 10 they made it tough to get anything from the game.

Another clean sheet, still unbeaten in 4.

If you'd been offered 4 points from 2 home games against Hull and Plymouth a few week's ago, you'd have bitten someone's hand off. It shows how much were improving that we feel disappointed.

Best of all MC recognises it, called us out, and will seek a reaction against Wednesday.

You still got the match thread starter role E17...

Undefeated is good enough...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 01:30 - Dec 14 with 1723 viewsMatch82

Only got to watch about 20 minutes today split over a couple of patches but during that time I think I saw EDB attempt 3 or 4 passing with the outside of the foot. Impressive technically but probably not always the right option.

Sounds like it was a better performance after they went down to 10 but perhaps the game was heading in a different direction if it hadn't been for that decision?
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 07:15 - Dec 14 with 1483 viewskernowhoop

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 21:50 - Dec 13 by StreathamRanger

If Paal wasn't injured then it was a bad decision to take him off even if he was on a yellow. Didn't have the same attacking threat down the left once he went off and the right side was pretty poor most of the game.

Paal off? I reckon that Marti thought that there was a risk that the ref would look to 'balance' the red cards and going down to 10 v 10 would not be helpful.
The on 07:27 - Dec 14 with 1444 viewskernowhoop

We must hope that our failings will be analysed and that much will be learned from that game. Fortunately, we have a manager who can do that. For example, when we are dominating play in future, one of the things to avoid is wild shooting from a long way out. I groaned when we tried that. All it did was give Plymouth the chance to settle and take a breath.
I know that we are not prolific, but, how have we scored our goals this season? What approach works?
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 8:15]
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 08:11 - Dec 14 with 1366 viewsMetallica_Hoop

It was frustrating but credit to Plymouth, they defended well and threw themselves at everything.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 08:55 - Dec 14 with 1272 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hugely frustrating night: 70 minutes against a 10 man team who have not won away all season does not yield many positives.

Not sure what the 2nd half tactics were all about: needed to push forward, press them hard and go for it but our midfield were poor, happy to hang back and pass it between themselves whilst the likes of Cannon were further forward than Chair and Willock on numerous occasions. Smyth and Armstrong should’ve been on the pitch much earlier.

Why Richards is being scapegoated when he was no better or worse than Dozzell, Chair and Willock who are match fit and had most of the game to impress is beyond me.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 08:56 - Dec 14 with 1274 viewsjoe90

Thought Plymouth were good and more than deserved their point. They made it very difficult for us to play. We're going to have to work on how we break down teams like that because not everyone's going to play like Hull where we can do that high press and force mistakes.

Despite our efforts, the overall quality of chances we produced weren't good. We looked desperate and not composed. We also looked a little sluggish and tired. We didn't take advantage of the extra man, especially out wide when we should have overloaded instead constantly going in for 3v3 or 4v4, we needed that extra man. Instead we tried to play it in front their defensive wall.

I think Marti is still figuring out this team and I like that he's not afraid to rotate players. It must boast confidence among the squad knowing there's a genuine chance they play and have an impact. Anyway, not disaster, but a bit disappointing.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 08:59 - Dec 14 with 1259 viewsmart_Goblin

The more I think about it and looking at the way he reffed the second half , taking Paal off so he is available for Saturday was probably the right thing to do , despite saying before it was a mistake . The ref wanted to level that game up no doubt about it
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 09:45 - Dec 14 with 1112 viewsTheChef

The Sky highlights suggested Plymuff were unlucky not to win

We had one great chance in the first half which they didn't include - ball to the back post which I was convinced was going to get touched in but somehow it didn't. What happened??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 09:47 - Dec 14 with 1105 viewsflynnbo

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 09:45 - Dec 14 by TheChef

We had one great chance in the first half which they didn't include - ball to the back post which I was convinced was going to get touched in but somehow it didn't. What happened??

The EFL highlights showed that chance-it was Charlie Kelman at the far post.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 09:49 - Dec 14 with 1100 viewslassel

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 09:45 - Dec 14 by TheChef

Kelman flicked it onto the post when it was easier to score. I imagine he took his eye off the ball and was looking at the defender.
The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 10:04 - Dec 14 with 1051 viewsTheChef

The "Whoa, take 'er easy there, Pilgrim." Plymouth Argyle thread on 09:47 - Dec 14 by flynnbo

The EFL highlights showed that chance-it was Charlie Kelman at the far post.

Cheers - yeah Kelman needed to put his foot through it.

Sky's concept of highlights is odd to say the least!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024