Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just met Sir Les! 16:03 - Jan 5 with 4820 viewsTheChef

In Radlett of all places. Had a bit of a QPR natter.

Seemed very nice (not evil).

Likes Marti. Told me that a year ago his break clause would have cost us a million quid, can see why we didn't bother at that stage. Shame

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Just met Sir Les! on 16:05 - Jan 5 with 4348 viewsHunterhoop

Which means he was definitely his preferred choice before Ainsworth…
Just met Sir Les! on 16:07 - Jan 5 with 4297 viewsgazza1

He is a 'proper' decent person, and I really mean that. I find it a big shame that so many on this MB felt the need to give him abuse. He worked hard for this Club and some think he did badly but I do not at all.

It was not easy for him to leave 'his Club' but he did it for the right reasons.
Just met Sir Les! on 16:08 - Jan 5 with 4281 viewsNorthernr

Just met Sir Les! on 16:05 - Jan 5 by Hunterhoop

Which means he was definitely his preferred choice before Ainsworth…

Like I said, was on the radar befor4e Beale's powerpoint wowed them, and then Critchley was free and he wasn't, but they've wanted him a while.
Just met Sir Les! on 16:39 - Jan 5 with 4056 viewsGaryBannister86

Just met Sir Les! on 16:08 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Like I said, was on the radar befor4e Beale's powerpoint wowed them, and then Critchley was free and he wasn't, but they've wanted him a while.

Classic sliding doors QPR moment. If he could have taken over from Beale, or even Critchley, rather than inherit the total destruction by GA.......
Just met Sir Les! on 17:20 - Jan 5 with 3875 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just met Sir Les! on 16:39 - Jan 5 by GaryBannister86

Classic sliding doors QPR moment. If he could have taken over from Beale, or even Critchley, rather than inherit the total destruction by GA.......

If he'd come in instead of Beale, and been amenable to selling Dieng and Willock or Chair, thus helping FFP and giving him some funds he'd likely have spent more wisely than Beale, we could be in a very different place now.

Bare bones.

Just met Sir Les! on 17:25 - Jan 5 with 3821 viewsLimehouseR

Just met Sir Les! on 16:39 - Jan 5 by GaryBannister86

Maybe Sir Les would still be at the club too and we'd be a much happier place without this shroud of uncertainty and misery.
Just met Sir Les! on 17:35 - Jan 5 with 3744 viewsE15Hoop

Hopefully that means that we'll try our hardest to keep hold of him, rather than scapegoat him for our inevitable slide into L1. Let's just pray very hard that Lee Hoos and the board in general have budgeted for relegation, as was the mantra a few years ago, I seem to remember.
Just met Sir Les! on 17:46 - Jan 5 with 3676 viewsTheChef

Just met Sir Les! on 16:07 - Jan 5 by gazza1

He is a 'proper' decent person, and I really mean that. I find it a big shame that so many on this MB felt the need to give him abuse. He worked hard for this Club and some think he did badly but I do not at all.

It was not easy for him to leave 'his Club' but he did it for the right reasons.

Yep.

To add to that: reason I bumped into him is we were both parking at the same time. I didn't quite have enough space so when he got out he realised he had more space so got back in his car and moved further forward for me.

So yeah. Decent.

Login to get fewer ads

Just met Sir Les! on 17:54 - Jan 5 with 3611 viewsenfieldargh

how much has it cost us in comp for all the managers and their staff in the time twizt Marti 1m. comp?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just met Sir Les! on 17:57 - Jan 5 with 3584 viewsnumptydumpty

Just met Sir Les! on 17:46 - Jan 5 by TheChef

Yep.

To add to that: reason I bumped into him is we were both parking at the same time. I didn't quite have enough space so when he got out he realised he had more space so got back in his car and moved further forward for me.

So yeah. Decent.

Thought this Evil Les thing was an utter disgrace.

Yep if Beale had not whored himself out after turning down Wolves or Marti had continued what Warburton had achieved.

Les would have been considered very differently.

He was not included when we had a reunion with the 90s premier league team on the pitch.

Was 100% hounded out because of others decisions.

Some people on here also should hang their heads in shame !!!

You get what you wish for.

Sir Les always !!
[Post edited 5 Jan 17:59]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Just met Sir Les! on 18:01 - Jan 5 with 3553 viewsTheChef

Just met Sir Les! on 17:54 - Jan 5 by enfieldargh

how much has it cost us in comp for all the managers and their staff in the time twizt Marti 1m. comp?

Hmmmm true but I assume not as much.

Suppose doling out a million would have put us over ffp again. But were there no loopholes we could have worked?

Just met Sir Les! on 18:02 - Jan 5 with 3542 viewsE15Hoop

I fear you are letting logic and sound rationale cloud your judgement on this point, EA..
Football has a habit of making accountants take emotional short-term decisions which they would never do in virtually any other industry.
Lee Hoos' end of season report should be particularly interesting this time. Worth a view just to see how much he squirms in his seat, assuming the media team are actually allowed to ask him some tough questions.
Given how he tried to bounce one on revenue straight back to Paul Morrissey last year, I think it might be somewhat of a tense exchange.
Just met Sir Les! on 18:51 - Jan 5 with 3377 viewsstevestrange

Yep.

So yeah. Decent.

I can imagine there wasn't much parking space with two Range Rovers
Just met Sir Les! on 18:54 - Jan 5 with 3345 viewsMatch82

To be fair we got something back for Beale, although whether that offsets what we paid Ainsworth and Critchley + staff is another question.
Just met Sir Les! on 19:34 - Jan 5 with 3162 viewshamptonhillhoop

Yep.

So yeah. Decent.

He must live round there. My mate lives there and bumped into him in a shop a couple of years ago. My mate inadvertently nearly pushed in front of him, saw him and mumbled 'sorry Les' Got a big smile in return
Just met Sir Les! on 19:47 - Jan 5 with 3096 viewsNorthernr

Just met Sir Les! on 17:35 - Jan 5 by E15Hoop

Hopefully that means that we'll try our hardest to keep hold of him, rather than scapegoat him for our inevitable slide into L1. Let's just pray very hard that Lee Hoos and the board in general have budgeted for relegation, as was the mantra a few years ago, I seem to remember.

We're approximately 3 weeks away from GET WARNOCK IN LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
Just met Sir Les! on 19:52 - Jan 5 with 3064 viewslassel

Just met Sir Les! on 17:35 - Jan 5 by E15Hoop

Acknowledging that I’m a miserable bastard about all things qpr right now, there is absolutely no way (imo only) that Marti is around to manage the rebuilding job.
Just met Sir Les! on 20:13 - Jan 5 with 2990 viewsJevlar

Just met Sir Les! on 19:47 - Jan 5 by Northernr

We're approximately 3 weeks away from GET WARNOCK IN LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Might be worth screensaving this post for late February.
Just met Sir Les! on 20:13 - Jan 5 with 2982 viewspaulhoop2

Agree with the supportive comments regarding sir les. Have often been laughed at on here by the evil brigade. He cares for our club more than people realise. Took the can for poor recruitment by Belk and decisions by Hoos and Fernandes et al

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Just met Sir Les! on 21:55 - Jan 5 with 2728 viewsHoopinEssex

A legend.

Gave me my best years watching QPR. Couldn't care less about after that
Just met Sir Les! on 22:13 - Jan 5 with 2635 viewsLblock

Yes good old Sir Les…..

The last twelve years have been a clown show at a shitcircus
Sorry but he was at the helm for, what, seven of those?
If he was just a puppet with no power then is he really showing love for our club by taking a sum I imagine being over £250k a year out of the place for shits n giggles????

It’s a sad indictment that one of the greatest strikers this club has ever produced couldn’t find anything resembling a centre forward over that time.

Credit where it’s due - he got the wage bill down
For me that’s offset by the coaches he put his faith in, the players signed on his watch, the collapse of scouting and yoof system and the backing he gave certain people at the expense of others.

Oh but we did some great community work…..

Where this club is at and where it is heading is due in a large part to him and it’s a shame as he really is a QPR legendary players.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just met Sir Les! on 05:58 - Jan 6 with 2277 viewspaulhoop2

Just met Sir Les! on 22:13 - Jan 5 by Lblock

Yes good old Sir Les…..

If he was just a puppet with no power then is he really showing love for our club by taking a sum I imagine being over £250k a year out of the place for shits n giggles????

It’s a sad indictment that one of the greatest strikers this club has ever produced couldn’t find anything resembling a centre forward over that time.

For me that’s offset by the coaches he put his faith in, the players signed on his watch, the collapse of scouting and yoof system and the backing he gave certain people at the expense of others.

Where this club is at and where it is heading is due in a large part to him and it’s a shame as he really is a QPR legendary players.

I would counter this by saying that recruitment is done by Andy Belk who only passes names on to les

Just met Sir Les! on 08:55 - Jan 6 with 2129 viewsgazza1

Just met Sir Les! on 22:13 - Jan 5 by Lblock

Yes good old Sir Les…..

If you think that LF decided who signed for the club and who did not sign for the Club then I would suggest that you are incorrect.......he was part of that process along with many others.
Just met Sir Les! on 09:49 - Jan 6 with 2046 viewspaulhoop2

Just met Sir Les! on 08:55 - Jan 6 by gazza1

If you think that LF decided who signed for the club and who did not sign for the Club then I would suggest that you are incorrect.......he was part of that process along with many others.

Well said belk recruits Les just went through names he was given

Just met Sir Les! on 09:54 - Jan 6 with 2020 viewsSydneyRs

Arrgh, how different things might have been if we'd appointed him and not Beale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024