Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. 15:04 - Feb 2 with 3165 viewsSnipper

1. QPR v Tottenham, the Gurnham Singh match. I’ve never seen so many people so angry with what went on during the game.
That was as close as you’ll get to cheating.

2. Charlton v QPR in the FA Cup 4th round around 2000. It was refereed by our old mate, Rob Styles.
He really hated us. He gave us nothing all game.

3. QPR v Grimsby in our relegation season in 2000/01. Nothing wrong with the referee in this one.
We absolutely battered them for the first 80 minutes. We did everything but score. Their goalkeeper saved bloody everything, and he had the game of his life.
Then they broke away and scored to win 1-0. How we lost that game remains a mystery.

QPR v Man Utd in 1996 (Cantona) would definitely have been on the list, but I was on a weekender in Amsterdam.

There’s others, but I’ll leave them to you lot for your take.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:07 - Feb 2 with 2392 viewsTonto

That Gurnham Singh match still makes me angry whenever I think about it.

Thank you for ruining my afternoon
[Post edited 2 Feb 15:07]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:07 - Feb 2 with 2384 viewsdaveB

That Grimsby one is up there for me, was heartbreaking and was my wifes birthday so we went out afterwards and I spent the night with the raving hump in the corner at her party with everyone thinking we'd had a row

also Sunderland cup game 2 years ago, chance of the quarter finals and typical Rangers didn't really turn up

I'd add in a home game v Liverpool in 1992, battered them for 90 minutes, live on tv and managed to lose 1-0
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:11 - Feb 2 with 2344 viewsloftboy

A couple from recent history spring to mind 2-3 at Villa, probably the only half decent game Boswinga had or us, really needed to win it and a bad mistake by Cesar cost us, also the Wigan home game (Remy’s goal) when Mbia cost us a valuable win.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:13 - Feb 2 with 2336 viewsessextaxiboy

Crewe at home Ref Andy Hall
Dario Gradi the purveyor of good football in the lower divisions got his team to put down free kick and belt it against our players , getting 2 sent off eventually thanks to the tosser with the whistle
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:24 - Feb 2 with 2273 viewsPhilmyRs

1. The Cantona equaliser
2. Play-off - "Tommy, square it"...
3. 2 up, lost 3-2 to Tottenham in the relegation season in 96
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:29 - Feb 2 with 2240 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1. 86 Cup Final.
2. Cantona Robbery

No other game comes close to these two.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:37 - Feb 2 with 2182 viewsdsw2509

Oxford and Cantona (the latter aggravated by the fact that I had got tickets for a colleague and his son-and only the thank you letter after the game informed me that the son supported them). Closely followed by the Gurnham Singh disaster. There was an Andy Hall game too and the thread has reminded me of it.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:40 - Feb 2 with 2167 viewsQPRSteve

Jimmy Greaves punching the ball in the net back in 68.

Again with that cheating bastàrd Maradona in the 1986 world cup
Login to get fewer ads

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:49 - Feb 2 with 2115 viewsdsw2509

Another one comes to mind. That Paul Hart game. Was it against Bristol City? I seem to remember we finished with a back eight or thereabouts.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:02 - Feb 2 with 2054 viewsTheChef

Pretty much most of them.

Although QPR v Wigan 2013 sticks in the memory - thought that amazing Remy goal had sealed the points only for Maloney to score with a free kick at the death (which I'm sure he missed first time, and for some reason got retaken).

A win might have given us hope of avoiding relegation - but really that season was fkin awful no thanks to Huseless and Redknobb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:04 - Feb 2 with 2043 viewsHayesender

Leicester af home 86. Absolutely battered them for 89 minutes, and then Alan Smith pops up and scored the winner with their only attack of the game

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:06 - Feb 2 with 2030 viewsLogman

The 3rd round Cup replay at home to Vauxhall Motors. I think I was suffering from a combination of depression, anxiety, stress and insanity by the end. Then, to make matters worse we were at home to Cardiff 4 days later and got thumped 4-0 with Robert Earnshaw scoring a hat-trick from memory.
[Post edited 2 Feb 16:07]
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 1976 viewshoopstar67

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:13 - Feb 2 by essextaxiboy

Crewe at home Ref Andy Hall
Dario Gradi the purveyor of good football in the lower divisions got his team to put down free kick and belt it against our players , getting 2 sent off eventually thanks to the tosser with the whistle

Yes Andy Hall nearly caused a riot.One of the worse performances I've seen by a ref.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:25 - Feb 2 with 1966 viewssprocket

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:07 - Feb 2 by daveB

That Grimsby one is up there for me, was heartbreaking and was my wifes birthday so we went out afterwards and I spent the night with the raving hump in the corner at her party with everyone thinking we'd had a row

also Sunderland cup game 2 years ago, chance of the quarter finals and typical Rangers didn't really turn up

I'd add in a home game v Liverpool in 1992, battered them for 90 minutes, live on tv and managed to lose 1-0

[Post edited 2 Feb 16:25]
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 16:27 - Feb 2 with 1944 viewsGaryBannister86

Every single cup defeat in the late 90s when we had a side that could win the cup:

> getting the only draw, Man U away, where we didn't have a real likelihood of winning our quarter final

> losing to Man City in the cup when David Bloody White scored as he always did

> losing to Sheff Wed I think it was at home in some cup midweek

More recently that lino ruling out Austin's winner in the cup against Sunderland

still annoys me now
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 17:11 - Feb 2 with 1851 viewsterryb

For me, it is & always will be, away to Norwich on Easter Saturday 1976. Nothing else can come close!

Where I do differ from many others, is that I have no hard feelings towards Norwich for the defeat. They didn't cheat us (although the match officials f****d up for their third goal) & put in an honest day's work. Unlike Manchester City on the Monday who rolled over & let Liverpool score at will!

Other games that come to mind are the 4-0 defeats at home to West Bromich on Boxing Day1968 & Bolton in 1970. Watford on the first day of this season was far more infuriating though!

For different reasons, the 1-0 loss to Leeds & the 3-2 defeat at Tottenham in 1969 also continue to hurt. My memory tells me that these were played within the space of 4 days & we were absolutely superb. The 3-2 at Villa, under the charlatan, has been mentioned & that was another game we dominated & ended up losing. I lost my rag & my son had to stop me trying to destroy our seats! That is the only time in my life a football match that has left me feeling violent!
[Post edited 2 Feb 17:27]
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 17:16 - Feb 2 with 1839 viewsqueensparker

Amazing that the Gurnham Singh game lives so long in the folk memory - it really was that bad. Was a fairly routine London derby back then for us and Spurs, nothing special and we were both mid table, but people are still talking about it now. Would love to transport today’s NorthernR back in time and read his ref’s report.

Whatever happened to Gurnham Singh? Can’t say I remember him having a long career as a ref, unsurprisingly
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 17:23 - Feb 2 with 1816 viewsHantsR

I can think of several games v Manure, Clive Wilson sent off (new and incorrect interpretation post World Cup), Ferdinand goal disallowed for offside (because Steve Bruce said so), that Cantona goal after they'd injured our full back (Brevett?) to give him the freedom of the far post in the 170th minute of Fergie time, but my only visit to Old Trafford was the Lee Mason/ Ashley Young crime of the century against Shaun Derry. Grrrr
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 17:44 - Feb 2 with 1762 viewsHastings_Hoops

QPR 2-2 Chelsea 91/92… two goals in the last ten mins.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 18:07 - Feb 2 with 1700 viewsSK_hoops

Crewe and Cantona.
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 18:19 - Feb 2 with 1665 viewspaulparker

England vs Argentina 98 for much the better team even with 10 men and having a perfectly good goal disallowed you knew what would happen when it went to Pens

Wycombe vs QPR the Rob styles show , 2 off a goal disallowed and every challenge went their way with a free kick, I’ve never seen an away end all going ape Sh1t like that

QPR vs Newcastle-tricky Trev tearing them a new one until Karl ever not Ready gifting them a third goal , that was up there with spurs and Man Utd at home that season

Arsenal vs QPR in 88 - Falco puts us one up only to concede 2 goals in the last 5 minutes with Adams getting the winner after we spent 80 minutes calling him a donkey

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 18:24 - Feb 2 with 1653 viewsnumptydumpty

Crikey yes Gurnam Singh.

Myself and my mate I went with that day, the refereeing was so bad, you almost felt either he had had a bung or he was on a dare.

Whatever it was, it was so bad, it almost felt fictional !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 18:36 - Feb 2 with 1631 viewsdmm

To bring the discussion into this season, and as we're playing Blackburn tomorrow, I'll mention the 0-4 home defeat in October last year. I was so furious I left at half time and I never normally do that.
[Post edited 2 Feb 18:36]
Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 18:50 - Feb 2 with 1598 viewsgolborne

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 15:37 - Feb 2 by dsw2509

Oxford and Cantona (the latter aggravated by the fact that I had got tickets for a colleague and his son-and only the thank you letter after the game informed me that the son supported them). Closely followed by the Gurnham Singh disaster. There was an Andy Hall game too and the thread has reminded me of it.

aggravated me cos that was the season they trialled the max 4 mins of injury time rule. well all bar one ref, cos cantona scored in the 96th minute.

this was a bad day out. cruising, and so was ozzie by himself in the 2nd half...felt like such a stitch up

Most infuriating matches you’ve watched. on 19:05 - Feb 2 with 1569 viewshamptonhillhoop

Many of the above mentioned, especially old Gurnam, jesus that had to be seen to be believed.
The one against Bournemouth a few seasons ago sticks on the mind, when their players were taking it in turns to collapse to the floor, ably assisted by Mr Stroud in all his pomp. Any game when you go a goal down to an Alex Neill team
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024