Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 55015 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:31 - May 6 with 4590 viewsDavieQPR

If MC plays his preferred 4-3-3 next season then we are going to need a couple in midfield.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:44 - May 6 with 4502 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:31 - May 6 by DavieQPR

If MC plays his preferred 4-3-3 next season then we are going to need a couple in midfield.

Indeed. Despite much ado about a new keeper and forwards, I'm sure the midfield area will have the most attention paid to it. I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 or perhaps even 4 players brought into the squad.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:56 - May 6 with 4285 viewsWelsh_Ranger

So...

Thoughts? Tyresse Campbell has just been released by Stoke, woth a gamble? Pacey and direct when fit? If our medical team can work wonders with JCS and Field who was previously struggling at WBA

Anyway always liked what ive seen of him.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:03 - May 6 with 4252 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:01 - May 6 by Beckenhamhoop

If JCS leaves and Fox takes his place would you trust Gubbins to be a cheap backup option?

I suspect that Gubbins' loan at Accrington has proved that he's found his level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - May 7 with 3731 viewsAndybrat

Just seen “ I really want to stay” farewell message from Issac Hayden. Lots of debate on this thread but the tight defence is also down to his contribution as well as others ( apart from Wednesday goal) . Him Sam and Colback as 2 from 3 each week has been and can continue to be a positive.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - May 7 with 3707 viewskingsburyR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - May 7 by Andybrat

Just seen “ I really want to stay” farewell message from Issac Hayden. Lots of debate on this thread but the tight defence is also down to his contribution as well as others ( apart from Wednesday goal) . Him Sam and Colback as 2 from 3 each week has been and can continue to be a positive.

Just seen it where?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:48 - May 7 with 3678 viewsAndybrat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - May 7 by kingsburyR

Just seen it where?

instagram via NEWSNOW. Great message actually
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:50 - May 7 with 3667 viewsBAWHoops

Clarke-Salter starting to be linked with a move away

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - May 7 with 3504 viewsdm97

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:50 - May 7 by BAWHoops

Clarke-Salter starting to be linked with a move away

Need to learn our lesson from Dieng/Dickie/Willock and sell now while his stock is high. All it takes is one injury and he’s suddenly worth little again. Upwardly mobile clubs are good at selling players, listening to the “show some ambition” brigade will not make us better it will make us worse.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:49 - May 7 with 3456 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - May 7 by dm97

Need to learn our lesson from Dieng/Dickie/Willock and sell now while his stock is high. All it takes is one injury and he’s suddenly worth little again. Upwardly mobile clubs are good at selling players, listening to the “show some ambition” brigade will not make us better it will make us worse.

grab the money esp is close to 7 million , happy with fox covering and bring somebody else in as cover from lower leagues

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:54 - May 7 with 3403 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:42 - May 7 by dm97

Correct. We have ample evidence of this in recent years.

Sell, reinvest, team doesn’t get weakened (if anything overall squad depth improves), and you continue to improve your overall contractual picture with more players under contract with many years left (e.g. JCS has 2 years left, but whoever we buy/sign, if good, will likely have 3-4, which gives you more time to sell in future).

Edit: all that said, how can Stoke possibly afford £7m for a defender?! No parachute payments, and finished one place above us on GD. He’d be mad to go there too. A relegated side from the Prem, or perhaps a Palace or Bournemouth would be the right fit. Leicester maybe.
[Post edited 7 May 10:56]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - May 7 with 3387 viewsJevlar

Am I alone in thinking, unless we receive a daft offer (£10mil) we should be keeping JSC?

Wouldn’t mind seeing us have a push towards the nosebleed end of the table and for me JSC is a crucial part of that.

I know we are a club that needs to sell to be solvent but it seems a shame that we’ve had him for just a season and he’s formed a real formidable partnership with Cook.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:02 - May 7 with 3346 viewsHunterhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:55 - May 7 by Jevlar

Am I alone in thinking, unless we receive a daft offer (£10mil) we should be keeping JSC?

Wouldn’t mind seeing us have a push towards the nosebleed end of the table and for me JSC is a crucial part of that.

I know we are a club that needs to sell to be solvent but it seems a shame that we’ve had him for just a season and he’s formed a real formidable partnership with Cook.

It is a shame but we must retain some discipline. If we don’t sell him this summer we will end up having to sell for a knock down price in 12 months as he’ll only have one year left, or we watch him leave on a free in 2 seasons (unless we go up and offer a bigger deal). We can’t gamble the club’s future on going up. We did that under Warburton and it led to two seasons of huge financial pressure and sh*t on the pitch. This is exactly what clive is talking about in his recent match preview when he said this cannot happen again.

If you bring in £5-7m for a player, not only do you help FFP, but you give yourself a strong hand when looking to sign good out of contract players, like JCS was 2 years ago. Most of our budget that summer went on him. Imagine being able to bring in 3-4 players of that quality. One of like for like salary, and at least 2 with the transfer income.

This is how you build a better squad under FFP.

You don’t do it by holding on to your most sellable assets and just “hoping” you go up before they walk out the door on a free.

He’s also still not done 30 starts in a season, so JCS specifically could still get injured and then his value plummets AND he isn’t playing.

Very good player. Well done to him this season. Thank you very much. Perfect time to sell.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:05 - May 7 with 3296 viewsdm97

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:02 - May 7 by Hunterhoop

It is a shame but we must retain some discipline. If we don’t sell him this summer we will end up having to sell for a knock down price in 12 months as he’ll only have one year left, or we watch him leave on a free in 2 seasons (unless we go up and offer a bigger deal). We can’t gamble the club’s future on going up. We did that under Warburton and it led to two seasons of huge financial pressure and sh*t on the pitch. This is exactly what clive is talking about in his recent match preview when he said this cannot happen again.

If you bring in £5-7m for a player, not only do you help FFP, but you give yourself a strong hand when looking to sign good out of contract players, like JCS was 2 years ago. Most of our budget that summer went on him. Imagine being able to bring in 3-4 players of that quality. One of like for like salary, and at least 2 with the transfer income.

You don’t do it by holding on to your most sellable assets and just “hoping” you go up before they walk out the door on a free.

He’s also still not done 30 starts in a season, so JCS specifically could still get injured and then his value plummets AND he isn’t playing.

Very good player. Well done to him this season. Thank you very much. Perfect time to sell.

What they said
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:08 - May 7 with 3261 viewsDavieQPR

Can see any fee for JCS containing a hefty part based on appearances.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:16 - May 7 with 3209 viewsJevlar

I agree with everything you’ve said here. It’s a sensible, moderate approach, which financially makes sense.

So we are allowed nice things (but only for a short window of time)!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:41 - May 7 with 3079 viewsE17hoop

Add in Fox playing better post injury and it's perfectly sensible. I have faith that MC et al are much more understanding of the owner relationship than we had before - partly because they haven't been here long enough, and they're very different people.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:56 - May 7 with 2749 viewslave16

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:41 - May 7 by E17hoop

Add in Fox playing better post injury and it's perfectly sensible. I have faith that MC et al are much more understanding of the owner relationship than we had before - partly because they haven't been here long enough, and they're very different people.

If we get a good fee for JCS I'm all for taking it with Fox the replacement - but we need 2 in surely in case cook starts to slow down given his age

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:38 - May 7 with 2608 viewspeterlund_dk

According to:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/what-jake-clarke-salter-would-32754
Celtic, Wolves, Ipswich, Burnley, Stoke, and Crystal Palace are "all said to be keen on a deal".
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:44 - May 7 with 2567 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:38 - May 7 by peterlund_dk

According to:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/what-jake-clarke-salter-would-32754
Celtic, Wolves, Ipswich, Burnley, Stoke, and Crystal Palace are "all said to be keen on a deal".

Can we not sell him to all six for £5-7 million each?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - May 7 with 2498 viewsDubaiR

Leave him at the training ground, sell to all 6 clubs at a cut price 3m each and the first one to get there and pick him up has a bargain. We net 18m jobs a good un
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:18 - May 7 with 2263 viewsStanFan

This might be the first test of what we've learnt over the past 2-3 years. It would be a great piece of business and a bonus that none of us expected at the start of the season.

Selling at the right time is of course only one half of the equation. Good recruitment is the other half and it has to be done well to make the plan work.

My head knows all this to be true but my heart still says that we've finally cracked defending and it's a pain to sell a good part of that.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:51 - May 7 with 2133 viewsdenhamhoop2

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:44 - May 7 by bosh67

Can we not sell him to all six for £5-7 million each?

Ah the old Stan Bowles boot tactic can we paint white stripes on Ossie Kakay and get away with it
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:59 - May 7 with 2079 viewsBAWHoops

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:38 - May 7 by peterlund_dk

According to:

Sounds like his agent is starting to put the feelers out.

That's fine. Good player, really good when fit. But it's time to sell him and anything north of £5m is good for us.

For the poster who said Tyrese Campbell above, I think he's great but he's never fit. Would be a big big gamble

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:11 - May 7 with 1895 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:59 - May 7 by BAWHoops

Sounds like his agent is starting to put the feelers out.

That's fine. Good player, really good when fit. But it's time to sell him and anything north of £5m is good for us.

For the poster who said Tyrese Campbell above, I think he's great but he's never fit. Would be a big big gamble

It was me!

I saw it on BBC and thought WOW, I know they only just finished above us and that he has constantly been injured but I've always thought that their is talent in him. Field, JCS and others have been crocks before they came to us and if he could get the right TLC maybe it could be the fresh start he needs - footie manager style of performance/appearance based clauses.

I think Marti and his team will have a few off the cuff foreign players/markets in mind a la Andersen and the data team will chip in but I think it would be a sensible risk. #armchairfan
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024