Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 47408 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:03 - May 1 with 6003 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:54 - May 1 by HAYESBOY

Couple of sites stating we could be in for Luke Berry at Luton. Out of contract soon.

Not for me. Given the choice, and assuming we could do deals acceptable to Newcastle and the player, I'd far rather take Hayden. 2 or 3 years younger.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:36 - May 1 with 5809 viewseghamranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:49 - May 1 by Andybrat

Our plumber is a Reading fan and can’t believe we didn’t get Lewis Wing as he is way too good for that division and leading scorer in League one for goals scored from outside the box. They have had a tough season and like us think they have won the golden goose by not going down.

I think he was offered better money there so went, he had a trial with us !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:42 - May 1 with 5593 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:41 - May 1 by LongsufferingR

Yes, he was originally christened Jay Jay Kocha.

Oh! Was he? I Gotchya….

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:47 - May 1 with 5408 viewsCiderwithRsie

Transfer rumours 2024 on 01:54 - Apr 30 by Match82

No way that's true, he's a figment of someone's imagination

Jesus.

Fancy having an imagination like that.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:24 - May 2 with 5164 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:55 - May 1 by Tonto

Marti favourite to take over at Sunderland??? Wtf?

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/next-sunderland-man

WTF indeed is this the way its going to be until we kick off in July/ August its going to be impossible to be calm haha.
I thought Sunderland were hot on the heels of the Sheffield Wednesday manager or are they waiting until SW are safe saturday.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:14 - May 2 with 4988 viewsLblock

Martí was successful last season.
We as a club can see that and I’m sure the rest of football outside of the top 10 tossers in the Prem will have seen it to.

I do think, at the moment, it’s really only us who know how good this fella can be.
He’s probably been a bit over shadowed by the Chef Weds Manager and that’s a good thing (for us). However I do think if we make decent additions and make a good start next season then Martí will be getting linked to all sorts of jobs. You can see a possible repeat of the Beale scenario but with Martí conducting himself in a manner poles apart from that knut.

If he’s being linked with jobs then that means he doing great which is good for us. This is why the club should be ensuring that his contract is as good as it can be and also, sadly, identifying a successor

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:17 - May 2 with 4747 viewsstevec

Losing Marti would be a concern but I’m not so concerned now the triumvirate of clown princes running the show have all finally been run out of the club.

We will still be associated with that rabble for a while yet and you’d imagine Marti will be bumping into football associates all telling him if any job can kill his career long term it’s this one.

But if losing him becomes inevitable, so long as the people at the top keep shape (it’s a long shot admittedly) then overtime the curse will be forgotten and the club can move forward.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - May 2 with 4532 viewsstantheman10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:03 - May 1 by derbyhoop

Not for me. Given the choice, and assuming we could do deals acceptable to Newcastle and the player, I'd far rather take Hayden. 2 or 3 years younger.

I'd say it's almost impossible for us to get Hayden. He's on £50k a week at Newcastle and has got 2 years left on his contract!!
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:52 - May 2 with 4440 viewsloftboy

David De Gea is free!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:54 - May 2 with 4435 viewsstinkydad

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:32 - May 2 by stantheman10

I'd say it's almost impossible for us to get Hayden. He's on £50k a week at Newcastle and has got 2 years left on his contract!!

Agreed.

It would be nice to keep him but, on the list of things that we need, I don't think he's very near the top.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:11 - May 2 with 4340 viewsted_hendrix

''He's on £50k a week at Newcastle and has got 2 years left on his contract!!''

£50k per week, Jesus bloody wept, nothing against Hayden at all but how can that be right (not saying It aint) I mean earning £200k pcm for playing football?

I think I better go and bury my head back In the sand.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:05 - May 2 with 4155 viewsbosh67

Charlie Austin being moved on by Swindon after 19 goals in 62 games. Not a bad return. Don't worry, not suggesting he comes back again but still only 34 and could do a decent job somewhere.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:12 - May 2 with 3968 viewsDavieQPR

Depends how much we are willing to pay Hayden. Neither Newcastle or anyone else want him. He's happy here and wants to stay. A lot will ride on how much Newcastle are willing to compensate him for cancelling contract.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:55 - May 2 with 3804 viewsdmm

Just a point I've picked up re Thibaud Verlinden. His team, Beerschot V.A., looks like it will gain promotion to the top division in Belgium so he may well want to stay where he is.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:22 - May 2 with 3705 viewslave16

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:12 - May 2 by DavieQPR

Depends how much we are willing to pay Hayden. Neither Newcastle or anyone else want him. He's happy here and wants to stay. A lot will ride on how much Newcastle are willing to compensate him for cancelling contract.

Time dixon-bonner to step up

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:06 - May 2 with 3547 viewsderbyhoop

True. But Newcastle have made plain they don't want him. Chances are they WILL do a deal to end his contract.
Wages are more of an issue. He said he had to take a pay cut to join us on loan. Whether he can accept £50k pw to <£10k is unlikely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:11 - May 2 with 3523 viewsLongRanger

I'd guess that it will depend where Hayden wants to play. I doubt anyone else will give him 50k, but if we offer 10k on a 2 year deal, it leaves Newcastle to pay off 40k. Someone may offer 20k, leaving Newcastle to pay 30k, but if he doesn't want to go there, Newcastle may not have much choice, but only guessing.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:57 - May 2 with 3366 viewsCroydonCaptJack

If he gets a good deal to be paid off at Newcastle that may enable him to take less with us.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:05 - May 2 with 3335 viewsLazyFan

I would be super surprised if we can sign Hayden. Also, the wages for someone who is almost 29 are not great, in my view.

I suspect Hayden will go to Sheff Utd or Burnley or Leeds if they don't go up.

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:07 - May 2 with 3131 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wouldn't sign Hayden. A bit of Johansan about him, nearly 30, injury prone recent history.
We are going to need at least 2 or 3 new bodies in central midfield as Colback isn't exactly a spring chicken either.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:53 - May 2 with 2956 viewsBklynRanger

I wonder which is more likely, we do sign Hayden or we don't move Dykes?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:11 - May 3 with 2324 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:05 - May 2 by bosh67

Charlie Austin being moved on by Swindon after 19 goals in 62 games. Not a bad return. Don't worry, not suggesting he comes back again but still only 34 and could do a decent job somewhere.

Charlie's career has been on a steep decline

He was unfit, over weight and unproductive during most of his second spell with us.

If he gets another contract will be non league.

Was very expensive for us second time around with little output to show.

Got off lightly due to being superb for two seasons with us previously.
[Post edited 3 May 23:13]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:29 - May 3 with 2279 viewsaston_hoop

With Nourry at the wheel, Belk presumably getting a lot of input as he should and MC in charge, I fancy our recruitment might be quite creative this summer. Plenty of Lucas Andersen types who none of us could claim to have a clue about, different markets being explored for value. Could be fun

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:42 - May 4 with 1848 viewsMrSheen

Can we sign Million Manhoef, if only for a couple of days?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:41 - May 4 with 1734 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:29 - May 3 by aston_hoop

With Nourry at the wheel, Belk presumably getting a lot of input as he should and MC in charge, I fancy our recruitment might be quite creative this summer. Plenty of Lucas Andersen types who none of us could claim to have a clue about, different markets being explored for value. Could be fun

I'm not getting super excited. 4 signings in Jan and all played their part, but Frey has been unconvincing; Hayden has been great at times, but average at others, Hodge not really figured (crucial goal side). Andersen been good. Hope for a slightly better big hit rate than that this summer.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024