Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manisha Taylor 18:00 - May 8 with 10091 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I read she has now departed after 8 years and countless different roles within the youth set up. Best of luck Manisha!

Is this a case of casting off the dead wood or her going off to bigger and better things? I've read that they are looking at revamping the youth set up, is she a casualty?

Lets hope they are streamlining slightly and looking at that next generation!
Manisha Taylor on 13:52 - May 10 with 2674 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 13:45 - May 10 by BklynRanger

I only came on for a casual up-vote but see it's culture wars time again on here on Friday afternoon.

But yes, Shef, you're right, the establishment does love a bit of EDI - for better or worse. A lot of people will think for the better but let's leave that part alone: my problem is you're admitting you don't know if she's any good, and that you won't be in a position to tell for another decade.

So why jump on her? Both things can be true: the EDI stuff, and the possibility that she deserves the job regardless of any other factors. Tearing her down without knowing just feels knee jerk to me.

I'm not tearing her down. I've said she's probably a good coach, not that I have any direct experience of her coaching. I'm just saying I think the reason she's doing so much better than the majority of the other Uefa A license holders is because of the EDI stuff. Why is that so offensive? How is it "tearing her down"?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Manisha Taylor on 13:54 - May 10 with 2655 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 13:11 - May 10 by ChrisNW6

Don't forget she was just an ex primary school teacher 😂

As the father of two girls, I find the way this thread has been twisted from congratulating a great female role model into something a bit unsavoury. Why twist every story with the same tired agenda, move on the world has changed for the better.

You've got 2 girls (So have I, don't see much relevance but whatever) and yet you're on that Newcastle thread saying that Newcastle fan should be banned for opposing the mutilation of little girls' bodies.

The world is moving on once again. Get with the program.

Manisha Taylor on 13:56 - May 10 with 2690 viewsEsox_Lucius

Manisha Taylor on 13:45 - May 10 by BklynRanger

I only came on for a casual up-vote but see it's culture wars time again on here on Friday afternoon.

But yes, Shef, you're right, the establishment does love a bit of EDI - for better or worse. A lot of people will think for the better but let's leave that part alone: my problem is you're admitting you don't know if she's any good, and that you won't be in a position to tell for another decade.

So why jump on her? Both things can be true: the EDI stuff, and the possibility that she deserves the job regardless of any other factors. Tearing her down without knowing just feels knee jerk to me.

The tired old Les' black mafia trope. Says more about him than it does about Manisha. She was well thought of at the club and I would be confident that Spurs didn't employ her for her colour or gender.

The grass is always greener.

Manisha Taylor on 14:05 - May 10 with 2572 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 13:56 - May 10 by Esox_Lucius

The tired old Les' black mafia trope. Says more about him than it does about Manisha. She was well thought of at the club and I would be confident that Spurs didn't employ her for her colour or gender.

Not sure it's "Les Black Mafia"

More "Les Incompetent Mafia" or "Les job for the boys mafia"
[Post edited 10 May 14:06]

Manisha Taylor on 14:06 - May 10 with 2611 viewsBklynRanger

Manisha Taylor on 13:52 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

I'm not tearing her down. I've said she's probably a good coach, not that I have any direct experience of her coaching. I'm just saying I think the reason she's doing so much better than the majority of the other Uefa A license holders is because of the EDI stuff. Why is that so offensive? How is it "tearing her down"?

The first half of your 'quality of her coaching' same sentence - let's not start splitting hairs over the meaning of that.
Manisha Taylor on 14:14 - May 10 with 2482 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 14:06 - May 10 by BklynRanger

The first half of your 'quality of her coaching' same sentence - let's not start splitting hairs over the meaning of that.

Let's put it this way. We're all gradually reaching the conclusion that Chris Ramsey was a waste of space. Incompetent. A charlatan.

Manisha was brought in by Chris Ramsey, from the school of Chris Ramsey, for the benefit of Chris Ramsey. Promoted by Chris Ramsey, and potentially getting her new job in part because of Chris Ramsey's involvement in her career development

But because she's an EDI unicorn, on this website, we're all going to pretend we've just lost Pep Guardiola's understudy, not Chris Ramsey's.

Manisha Taylor on 14:16 - May 10 with 2507 viewsGroveR

Manisha Taylor on 11:43 - May 10 by TheChef

EDI?

Erectile Disfunction and Impotence. Let's not be afraid to tackle the hard issues on here or even the issues that are a slightly lazy lob-on.
Manisha Taylor on 14:24 - May 10 with 2448 viewsBklynRanger

Manisha Taylor on 14:14 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

Let's put it this way. We're all gradually reaching the conclusion that Chris Ramsey was a waste of space. Incompetent. A charlatan.

Manisha was brought in by Chris Ramsey, from the school of Chris Ramsey, for the benefit of Chris Ramsey. Promoted by Chris Ramsey, and potentially getting her new job in part because of Chris Ramsey's involvement in her career development

But because she's an EDI unicorn, on this website, we're all going to pretend we've just lost Pep Guardiola's understudy, not Chris Ramsey's.

Yeah I know what your view is on it - we've done that bit...
Login to get fewer ads

Manisha Taylor on 14:25 - May 10 with 2438 viewslightwaterhoop

It should be noted that she's gone to Spurs.When was the last time they won anything?Will they ever win anything again? it doesn't look like it if their recruitment is this poor.
Manisha Taylor on 14:29 - May 10 with 2399 viewsE17hoop

Manisha Taylor on 13:31 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

She's a sacred cow. I already got that from all those fawning articles on the offish. The non-cult members amongst us are allowed to have an opinion as well. Sorry that it offends you.

Your sacred cow is my role model for women and girls and creating support and interest in QPR from diverse communities.

Sorry if that offends you.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Manisha Taylor on 14:43 - May 10 with 2275 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 14:29 - May 10 by E17hoop

Your sacred cow is my role model for women and girls and creating support and interest in QPR from diverse communities.

Sorry if that offends you.

Not offended but it is all a bit abstract in my opinion. Are you suggesting that we're selling out games now because we're a more diverse football club? That ethnic minority West London residents spent all of the 90s, 00s, 10s waiting for us to hire somebody from their community as an Academy coach? And now we have they're all trying to get tickets? I find that pretty difficult to believe myself. Did they miss Zesh Rehman?

Manisha Taylor on 14:49 - May 10 with 2301 viewsBklynRanger

Zesh Rehman!

No more sunny pints for you
Manisha Taylor on 15:06 - May 10 with 2232 viewsBoston

Who?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manisha Taylor on 15:36 - May 10 with 2141 viewsMatch82

Manisha Taylor on 14:14 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

Ramsey is directly credited by Eze, along with Paul Hall and Andy Impey, as being a reason he joined the club, and was subsequently a key figuring in making him the player he is today. Ditto Illias Chair.

So feel free to use the words waste of space, charlatan and incompetent if you want, but whenever he leaves he will do so having brought significantly more to the club than he took away

I'm not going to touch the rest of it. I assume you don't know Manisha personally or have worked for her directly, but I could be wrong of course. The fact that your automatic assumption is that a person getting a job at a significantly larger and more successful organization is because of the way they see the color of her skin or gender rather than the way they see her ability her ability says significantly more about you than it does her.
[Post edited 10 May 15:37]
Manisha Taylor on 15:44 - May 10 with 2121 viewsChrisNW6

Manisha Taylor on 13:54 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

You've got 2 girls (So have I, don't see much relevance but whatever) and yet you're on that Newcastle thread saying that Newcastle fan should be banned for opposing the mutilation of little girls' bodies.

The world is moving on once again. Get with the program.

Seeing as you brought it up, I'm happy neither of my girls would have the same views as the Newcastle fan and they definitely wouldn't be posting offensive stuff online. You on the other might have a different view.
Manisha Taylor on 15:48 - May 10 with 2103 viewsE17hoop

Manisha Taylor on 14:43 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

Not offended but it is all a bit abstract in my opinion. Are you suggesting that we're selling out games now because we're a more diverse football club? That ethnic minority West London residents spent all of the 90s, 00s, 10s waiting for us to hire somebody from their community as an Academy coach? And now we have they're all trying to get tickets? I find that pretty difficult to believe myself. Did they miss Zesh Rehman?

And your abstract is another person's lived experience.

I'll stop replying now; you're not going to change your mind and neither am I so there's no point boring people who disagree with either of us.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Manisha Taylor on 16:38 - May 10 with 1952 viewsDavieQPR

Should shut the non producing academy and expand the development team. Plus how many knew whilst working for us she was a;so working as a scout for Brentford.
[Post edited 10 May 16:47]
Manisha Taylor on 20:29 - May 10 with 1767 viewsloftupper

Manisha Taylor on 11:15 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

The establishment loves the EDI stuff, and she's an EDI Unicorn, so lucky her.

I doubt the quality of her coaching is remarkably better than any other ex-primary school teacher turned football coach, maybe I'm wrong and our first team will be full of current under-9s in a decade, but I doubt it. If anything her position suggests she's moved away from coaching and more into the management of coaching, whatever that is worth.

Strange old country we live in.

Wow!

Life is bleak! Never be happy for someone. A women who has fought family battles to pursue a profession to pretty much an elite level, not generally accessible to both her gender and race. But whatever, just a PE teacher…

Seriously, suck the life out of everything
Manisha Taylor on 13:49 - May 11 with 1393 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 15:36 - May 10 by Match82

Ramsey is directly credited by Eze, along with Paul Hall and Andy Impey, as being a reason he joined the club, and was subsequently a key figuring in making him the player he is today. Ditto Illias Chair.

So feel free to use the words waste of space, charlatan and incompetent if you want, but whenever he leaves he will do so having brought significantly more to the club than he took away

I'm not going to touch the rest of it. I assume you don't know Manisha personally or have worked for her directly, but I could be wrong of course. The fact that your automatic assumption is that a person getting a job at a significantly larger and more successful organization is because of the way they see the color of her skin or gender rather than the way they see her ability her ability says significantly more about you than it does her.
[Post edited 10 May 15:37]

10 years. 6 Job titles. Head coach. Technical Director. Scout. Everything in between. All he's got to show for it is a kid who was passed upon by Arsenal and Millwall. And 1 relegation at the very start. To have only just been kicked out is a very lucky innings IMO, he's got the long shadow of Sir Les to thank for it.

Paul Hall gave Dillon Barnes an International cap for Jamaica. A country with its own domestic league full of goalkeepers who would love to play for the National team, potentially earning a move to MLS or Mexico. Naaaaah, come on Dillon, this'll be some jolly my old son. I'm biased in Halls favour, I remember him playing, I want him to do well, but at some point you have to ask....Wtf is going on?

Andy Impey should've been in the position Manisha Tailor was, or Furs is maybe an even better shout, but we're not a serious football club. So we just do/did whatever Chris Ramsey said. You should be happy that it's finally coming to an end.

Manisha Taylor on 13:52 - May 11 with 1390 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 20:29 - May 10 by loftupper

Wow!

Life is bleak! Never be happy for someone. A women who has fought family battles to pursue a profession to pretty much an elite level, not generally accessible to both her gender and race. But whatever, just a PE teacher…

Seriously, suck the life out of everything

Are her internal family battles QPR's problem? I don't think so - Just as mine aren't

Is it inaccessible through exclusion, or non-participation? Evidence, for those who can still be bothered with it, suggests the latter. The idea football excludes anybody that is "good enough" is kind of absurd.

Manisha Taylor on 13:56 - May 11 with 1401 viewsdmm

Manisha Taylor must be doing something right to have been recruited by Spurs. It's as simple as that.
Manisha Taylor on 14:06 - May 11 with 1366 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 15:44 - May 10 by ChrisNW6

Seeing as you brought it up, I'm happy neither of my girls would have the same views as the Newcastle fan and they definitely wouldn't be posting offensive stuff online. You on the other might have a different view.

Mutilating children's bodies in the name of Healthcare = OK
Criticizing medics who offer such treatments to children suffering from body issues = Not OK

That is your view.

So yes, of course, I have a different view.

Manisha Taylor on 06:05 - May 12 with 1183 viewsQPsyR

Manisha Taylor on 14:06 - May 11 by SheffieldHoop

Mutilating children's bodies in the name of Healthcare = OK
Criticizing medics who offer such treatments to children suffering from body issues = Not OK

That is your view.

So yes, of course, I have a different view.

LOL
XXX
[Post edited 13 May 8:06]

FKA AcidPixie

Manisha Taylor on 17:27 - May 13 with 867 viewsgazza1

She decided who was released and who was given a new contract in the Academy……

I have never seen her take any men’s (boys) coaching sessions, not even once.

I have seen her watching the boys playing on the sidelines.

Personally I think she is not very good but it looks good that our club has a women at the head of the academy. It would not surprise me if she was ‘outed’ by the new CEO.
Manisha Taylor on 17:41 - May 13 with 819 viewslassel

Manisha Taylor on 17:27 - May 13 by gazza1

She decided who was released and who was given a new contract in the Academy……

I have never seen her take any men’s (boys) coaching sessions, not even once.

I have seen her watching the boys playing on the sidelines.

Personally I think she is not very good but it looks good that our club has a women at the head of the academy. It would not surprise me if she was ‘outed’ by the new CEO.

She’s left for a job with a premier league club alongside her role with England u15s….

I’m surprised such an expert on the game wouldn’t know that?!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024