Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... 19:36 - Feb 25 with 1508 viewsfLaMeBoY

Different game, same shit. For what it’s worth and in no particular order…..

1/ I was all for the sacking of Warnock citing that he had taken us as far as he can. But in watching the last 4-5 games and on reflection of the season as a whole, the club has been seriously let down by players I consider frauds and mercenaries. The one thing I will never accept from a QPR player is a lack of effort and desire.

2/ I look back at the signing of Joey Barton and wonder if this is where is all went wrong. On signing for the club he has become the instant captain, takes every free kick and corner, with every attack having to go through him. Last year we did perfectly fine with Taarabt being this pivotal point in the side.
I noticed Adel getting very fcuked off today and rightly so, with Barton stood over yet another free kick eventually allowing Tawio of all players to have a shot.
Barton doesn’t like Taarabt that is obvious from what you se on the pitch and have heard from him off the pitch. On the pitch he is not a captain. There is no talking, motivation, encouragement etc from him. Not once did he go and speak to Samba to get him to claim down.
We will reflect on this season come the summer and point to a number of key factors behind why it went so very wrong and his signing and taking over the lead role in the side will be up there with why we have failed so badly.
You can also just imagine what Barton is like on the training ground, in the dressing room etc.
I might be barking up a tree with this but my opinion.

3/ 25 games into the Premiership season and our two best players were Clint Hill and Jamie Mackie. Say what you want about those two but they were the only ones who actually put a shift in.

4/ Mark Hughes got it wring today. That formation looked like it was thrown onto the players an hour before kick off rather than over a two-week training camp. It simply didn’t work.
Then there was the Samba sending off which everyone saw was going to happen. Even Hughes saw it coming as Derry was warming up for 5 minutes, but no substitution was made.
To then say we played well in the second half is just daft. It was an utter non-event and we could still be playing now and still not forced a real effort on goal.

5/ Relegation is inevitable now. Except for 4-5 games I really haven’t enjoyed this season and wouldn’t be overly fussed by relegation but for the financial ramifications of being saddled with tons of over paid, under performing footballers.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Just got back, a few thoughts/observations.... on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 1447 viewsAntti_Heinola

'Taiwo of all players.'

Hmm.

Agree with the rest except Taarabt played well and did far more than Mackie, and worked hard too. Also, I don't think you can accuse them of lack of effort. They tried hard - maybe too tired. They're just not good enough.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024