Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moscow travel advice 17:36 - Aug 16 with 3218 viewsgordanoR

Right then you well travelled lot. I'm off to Moscow for a few days in October, anyone been ? Any advice on places to go, bars, hotels etc greatly received.
Moscow travel advice on 18:21 - Aug 16 with 3197 viewsSonofNorfolt

Not my favourite place.
You are more likely to have a good time if out with a Muscovite, but left to your own devices not so.
They are miserable fukkers.
Just don't expect too much.
Moscow travel advice on 18:28 - Aug 16 with 3184 viewsgordanoR

Cheers,can't wait..... Might be able to go for a few beers with the locals i'll be working with so there's hope.
Moscow travel advice on 18:55 - Aug 16 with 3159 viewsCogster

Moscow travel advice on 18:21 - Aug 16 by SonofNorfolt

Not my favourite place.
You are more likely to have a good time if out with a Muscovite, but left to your own devices not so.
They are miserable fukkers.
Just don't expect too much.

If it was -20C for 5 months of the year here I'd be pretty miserable also.
Moscow travel advice on 19:31 - Aug 16 with 3126 viewsRangersw12

I went to Moscow for the England game a few years ago in October and I think temp was about -2 when we arrived

I would recommend the Arbrat area for bars and food , the tube is an absolute ball ache to get around unless you can get to grips with their ridiculous alphabet , the locals are not very helpful and 99.9% don't speak a word of English

By the way Champaign is really cheap out there and you have to sample the local Vodka

Moscow travel advice on 20:06 - Aug 16 with 3101 viewsHollowayRanger

dont drink the milk

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Moscow travel advice on 20:16 - Aug 16 with 3089 viewsBazWoT

Nightflight is a must.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Moscow travel advice on 20:36 - Aug 16 with 3077 viewssmegma

Moscow travel advice on 19:31 - Aug 16 by Rangersw12

I went to Moscow for the England game a few years ago in October and I think temp was about -2 when we arrived

I would recommend the Arbrat area for bars and food , the tube is an absolute ball ache to get around unless you can get to grips with their ridiculous alphabet , the locals are not very helpful and 99.9% don't speak a word of English

By the way Champaign is really cheap out there and you have to sample the local Vodka

'Champaign' is basically fizzy water with tons of sugar added. Works as a decent paint stripper. About £2 a litre so what do you expect ?
Moscow travel advice on 20:38 - Aug 16 with 3072 viewskysersosaqpr

Cheaper to go to fulham road or kings road - just as many Russians there.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Login to get fewer ads

Moscow travel advice on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 3052 viewsgordanoR

Cheers all.

Love Vodka so I'l be on that. Hate milk but thanks anyway Holloway, i'll regret this but what's wrong Russian milk anyway?
Moscow travel advice on 22:12 - Aug 16 with 3049 viewsgordanoR

Moscow travel advice on 20:16 - Aug 16 by BazWoT

Nightflight is a must.

Why ?
Moscow travel advice on 22:17 - Aug 16 with 3048 viewsMonahoop

Hope your not flying with Aeroflot or Aeroflop as they are better known as. They use ancient Tupolevs and the pilots drink gallons of vodka when flying the damn things. They even allow their children to take to the controls.

Well so I'm told.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Moscow travel advice on 07:10 - Aug 17 with 3002 viewsKonk

I went to St Petersburg a couple of months ago and 99% of the people were joyless sadsters. And when we did speak with locals, they kept telling us how unfriendly Moscow was and how Muscovites were miserable, whereas St Petersburgers were full of joie de vivre...so, that must be off the scale moping in Moscow. Oh, and it's meant to be very expensive too. And watch out for the police - they're prone to fine the fu ck out of you for all sorts of made-up charges, apparently. Sure it's a very interesting city, but don't expect to see much smiling going on.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Moscow travel advice on 08:04 - Aug 17 with 2982 viewsgordanoR

Sounds like a right laugh then. Luckily I lived in Swindon for years so I can handle a bit of misery.
Moscow travel advice on 08:15 - Aug 17 with 2981 viewsKonk

Moscow travel advice on 08:04 - Aug 17 by gordanoR

Sounds like a right laugh then. Luckily I lived in Swindon for years so I can handle a bit of misery.

Ha-ha. If you're out there with work then that's great - someone else paying for everything and an opportunity to visit somewhere interesting. After five days of nobody smiling - we could feel the joy draining out of us, but then we met some really friendly people in a bar and had a brilliant night with them, so there are friendly people out there...just not many of them!

Moscow travel advice on 08:32 - Aug 17 with 2968 viewsgordanoR

Moscow travel advice on 08:15 - Aug 17 by Konk

Ha-ha. If you're out there with work then that's great - someone else paying for everything and an opportunity to visit somewhere interesting. After five days of nobody smiling - we could feel the joy draining out of us, but then we met some really friendly people in a bar and had a brilliant night with them, so there are friendly people out there...just not many of them!

Cheers Konk,

I am working there for half a day but staying for 3, just have to fund my own beer which may get expensive.
Moscow travel advice on 08:48 - Aug 17 with 2963 viewsKonk

Moscow travel advice on 08:32 - Aug 17 by gordanoR

Cheers Konk,

I am working there for half a day but staying for 3, just have to fund my own beer which may get expensive.

It's meant to be a lot more expensive than SPB, which was probably about London prices for Beer and food. Being a bohemian type of artistic temperament, I tend to prefer divey sort of places full of creative folks, mismatched furniture and a decent jukebox; invariably cheaper than swanky places too. Same as anywhere - domestic beer (which was fine) was considerably cheaper than imported mega-brand sh it.

I found the inyourpocket guide very helpful - I always use them for Eastern Europe and they usually come up with some decent bars - might find some good spots here:

http://www.inyourpocket.com/russia/Moscow/Nightlife/Alternative-and-live-music

Have a great trip.

Moscow travel advice on 09:16 - Aug 17 with 2951 viewsgordanoR

Moscow travel advice on 08:48 - Aug 17 by Konk

It's meant to be a lot more expensive than SPB, which was probably about London prices for Beer and food. Being a bohemian type of artistic temperament, I tend to prefer divey sort of places full of creative folks, mismatched furniture and a decent jukebox; invariably cheaper than swanky places too. Same as anywhere - domestic beer (which was fine) was considerably cheaper than imported mega-brand sh it.

I found the inyourpocket guide very helpful - I always use them for Eastern Europe and they usually come up with some decent bars - might find some good spots here:

http://www.inyourpocket.com/russia/Moscow/Nightlife/Alternative-and-live-music

Have a great trip.

Thanks,

much appreciated.
Moscow travel advice on 10:39 - Aug 17 with 2924 viewsHollowayRanger

Moscow travel advice on 22:10 - Aug 16 by gordanoR

Cheers all.

Love Vodka so I'l be on that. Hate milk but thanks anyway Holloway, i'll regret this but what's wrong Russian milk anyway?

glows in the dark

it you like boys toys and im not talking girls

they have a massive military air museum and tank museum out side the city and the victory museum inside the city all well worth seeing

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Moscow travel advice on 10:48 - Aug 17 with 2915 viewsgordanoR

Moscow travel advice on 10:39 - Aug 17 by HollowayRanger

glows in the dark

it you like boys toys and im not talking girls

they have a massive military air museum and tank museum out side the city and the victory museum inside the city all well worth seeing

I can probably make it to the one in the city. Is it central ?
Moscow travel advice on 12:49 - Aug 17 with 2900 viewsKonk

Try and remember not to stage any anti-dictatorship gigs in the Christ the Saviour Cathedral. What an utterly cu ntish dogknob Putin is.

Moscow travel advice on 12:51 - Aug 17 with 2896 viewshoof_hearted

Moscow travel advice on 12:49 - Aug 17 by Konk

Try and remember not to stage any anti-dictatorship gigs in the Christ the Saviour Cathedral. What an utterly cu ntish dogknob Putin is.

Did you say "utterly"?

Moscow travel advice on 13:02 - Aug 17 with 2888 viewsBucks_Ranger

Moscow travel advice on 12:51 - Aug 17 by hoof_hearted

Did you say "utterly"?

I went for the Champions League final afew years back and am still laughing at the Chelski, I stayed in the samehotel as Sky sports so saw Redknapp etcc and our very own Sparky - it was ll on my company which delighted me as draft beer in half pint glasses, with a huge head was about £8.00

As someone mentioned earlier, the locals are miserable as hell, so i stayd round the hotel wen i was not at the Luznighy (spelling) stadium.

Dont miss Red Square, its definatley worth seeing and is where them famous colourful domes are als one side of the square is the Kremlin wall.

Bring lplenty of cash with you as it is very expensive.
On a lighter note, the women are stunning...
Moscow travel advice on 13:13 - Aug 17 with 2882 viewsKonk

Moscow travel advice on 13:02 - Aug 17 by Bucks_Ranger

I went for the Champions League final afew years back and am still laughing at the Chelski, I stayed in the samehotel as Sky sports so saw Redknapp etcc and our very own Sparky - it was ll on my company which delighted me as draft beer in half pint glasses, with a huge head was about £8.00

As someone mentioned earlier, the locals are miserable as hell, so i stayd round the hotel wen i was not at the Luznighy (spelling) stadium.

Dont miss Red Square, its definatley worth seeing and is where them famous colourful domes are als one side of the square is the Kremlin wall.

Bring lplenty of cash with you as it is very expensive.
On a lighter note, the women are stunning...

The women in SPB really didn't do anything for me - massive generalisation ahoy, but they all seemed to have small round heads and none of them appeared to be enjoying life. Very disappointing. In case you're wondering, the blokes all looked like slightly desperate special-forces-trained nutters who'd be comfortable living in the woods if it came to it. Funny lot.

Moscow travel advice on 13:56 - Aug 17 with 2872 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.peachmountain.com/5star/Museums_Great_Patriotic_War_Museum_Moscow.asp

http://www.wheretraveler.com/classic/intl/ru/moscow/museums-attractions/CL800000

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u= http://www.cmaf.ru/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmoscow%2Bmilitary%2Bmuseum%26hl%3Den%26bi

bottom one your best bet is very central

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024