Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last chance for Ferdinand 09:17 - Aug 25 with 2251 viewsjeffro

Who feels today game is a last chance for AF to stake a claim as no1 defender?

For me he's far to prone to mistakes and not commanding enough.
Norwich will struggle this year and no doubt the fat marshmallow will star up top for them and will bully Ferdinand if he doesn't buck his ideas up.

With Hughes looking to bring in 2 more CB's if I were Ferdinand I'd be worried.
Last chance for Ferdinand on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 2246 viewsWeaverQPR

He's crap, he's allover the place with his postioning and marking. Put him under pressure and he will buckle. If Holt plays he will bash him up.

@WeavQPR

Last chance for Ferdinand on 09:27 - Aug 25 with 2223 viewsCHUBBS

This game sparked the start of his nightmare form last season gifting them the opener.The sooner bubba is replaced the better,just not consistant enough to be a premier league 1st choice player imo.
Last chance for Ferdinand on 10:40 - Aug 25 with 2154 viewsbosh67

I do think AF flatters to deceive a lot of the time. He's very quiet vocally anyway and although I'm sure he's a nice bloke, he certainly doesn't command the defence for us. most of the time he's wondered out of position and we saw that last week with Diakite having to run back and tackle countless times when Ferdinand wondered off. Mind you, Onuoha at right back last week wondered off and Mackie spent half the match playing both wood right and right back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Last chance for Ferdinand on 10:51 - Aug 25 with 2128 viewsHAYESBOY

Ferdinand.........our new scapegoat.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Last chance for Ferdinand on 10:54 - Aug 25 with 2121 viewsTacticalR

There seem to have been a couple of matches recently where once his concentration goes, it's gone for the rest of the match.

Air hostess clique

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:18 - Aug 25 with 2084 viewsN12Hoop

I'm convinced that last week he signalled to the bench he wanted to come off, giving it the rolling arms sign. They ignored him. It was deep in the 2nd half when his attitude and body language was saying "fuk this, get me off". I'm not saying that he was the only one whose head had dropped, but as a CB on £40k a week or whatever you'd expect him and his colleagues to fight to the end and try and restrict the humiliation, not pretend they're injured so as to escape. I wouldn't want to be next to him in the trenches. Give me Hill any day.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:19 - Aug 25 with 2079 viewskensalriser

Onuoha was diabolical last week and he knew it, cf his lengthy reaction to the fifth goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:31 - Aug 25 with 2045 viewsN12Hoop

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:19 - Aug 25 by kensalriser

Onuoha was diabolical last week and he knew it, cf his lengthy reaction to the fifth goal.

Yes, but at least he was man enough to apologise and say he was awful. With AF you get he impression nothing's ever his fault.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Login to get fewer ads

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:53 - Aug 25 with 1999 viewsWeaverQPR

Id rather take a risk and go Hill and Nelsen at the back, no pace but abit more nouse when it comes to defendeing and roughing up the oppo.

@WeavQPR

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:55 - Aug 25 with 1994 viewsantoknee64

Last chance for Ferdinand on 10:40 - Aug 25 by bosh67

I do think AF flatters to deceive a lot of the time. He's very quiet vocally anyway and although I'm sure he's a nice bloke, he certainly doesn't command the defence for us. most of the time he's wondered out of position and we saw that last week with Diakite having to run back and tackle countless times when Ferdinand wondered off. Mind you, Onuoha at right back last week wondered off and Mackie spent half the match playing both wood right and right back.

Im sure he will be more vocal next home league fixture
Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:56 - Aug 25 with 1987 viewsCHUBBS

Last chance for Ferdinand on 11:19 - Aug 25 by kensalriser

Yeah another player that just ain't cut out for this level of football atm.
You get the impression he could improve into a half decent player in time where as AF has loads of experience yet still looks shite most of the time i see him.
Last chance for Ferdinand on 12:04 - Aug 25 with 1963 viewsbosh67

Last chance for Ferdinand on 10:51 - Aug 25 by HAYESBOY

Ferdinand.........our new scapegoat.

Not a scapegoat Hayes, just a player that needs to concentrate more and actually fulfil his potential. He leads the CB area, he has to actually do that in a commanding and disciplined way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Last chance for Ferdinand on 12:07 - Aug 25 with 1961 viewsWeaverQPR

Last chance for Ferdinand on 12:04 - Aug 25 by bosh67

Not a scapegoat Hayes, just a player that needs to concentrate more and actually fulfil his potential. He leads the CB area, he has to actually do that in a commanding and disciplined way.

At 27 i doubt Ferdinand will ever improve beyond the level he is now at.

@WeavQPR

Last chance for Ferdinand on 12:09 - Aug 25 with 1959 viewsSpiritofGregory

Got to be Nelsen and Hill. They might not be fast but at least they both have brains and leadership qualities.

Anton's spent his career living off his brother's name. Onuoha joined Man City's academy prior to when the money came rolling in, he never really claimed a regular place in their starting 11 - too cumbersome. Poor signing by Hughes. The two of them remind me of Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

We need to cut these type of signings out.
Last chance for Ferdinand on 13:40 - Aug 25 with 1854 viewsDesertBoot

Ferdinand looked a whole lot better last season when Hill moved central.
Somewhat carried by his surname I feel.
Never convinced me and lapses in concentration all too frequent.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Last chance for Ferdinand on 14:36 - Aug 25 with 1824 viewsHAYESBOY

Last chance for Ferdinand on 12:04 - Aug 25 by bosh67

So why are dedicating a whole thread to him?

Where are the threads on the midfield of last week that went missing?

On Onouha, Hill & Fabio?

Why is it his last chance?

Ferdinand was no worse than anyone else last week yet here we are singling him out.

Last chance for Ferdinand on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 1802 viewsCHUBBS

Last chance for Ferdinand on 14:36 - Aug 25 by HAYESBOY

On Onouha, Hill & Fabio?

Ferdinand was no worse than anyone else last week yet here we are singling him out.

I think people's opinions are based on his performances over the last season cue the last chance comment.When we signed him most Sunderland fans said he's a poor imitation of his brother,who started well for them before fading into a poor performer.
Now thats exactly how his carreer here has gone with a few decent performances back end of last season.He just can't seem to put a run of decent performances together without the odd ricket thrown in.Over all a very dissapointing signing.
Last chance for Ferdinand on 16:13 - Aug 25 with 1765 viewskysersosaqpr

Dawson not even sub today at spurs - I reckon it's still gonna happen

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Last chance for Ferdinand on 16:29 - Aug 25 with 1757 viewswaveydave

I don't agree with scapegoating him, he is not great but he does work hard

If he left I would wish him the best, but at the same time not be too dissapointed

He is a decent backup atm
Last chance for Ferdinand on 17:05 - Aug 25 with 1737 viewsjeffro

Last chance for Ferdinand on 14:36 - Aug 25 by HAYESBOY

On Onouha, Hill & Fabio?

We're dedicating a thread to him because that's what I wanted to talk about. I also agree the midfield is poor. PArk is not a CM he's not got enough presence.

I asked the question to see people's thoughts, I never made a statement.

A message board is for just this, you obviously like the guy fair enough whereas I think he's very average and so does Hughes as we will buy x2 CB before the window.
Last chance for Ferdinand on 17:15 - Aug 25 with 1710 viewsHAYESBOY

Last chance for Ferdinand on 17:05 - Aug 25 by jeffro

We're dedicating a thread to him because that's what I wanted to talk about. I also agree the midfield is poor. PArk is not a CM he's not got enough presence.

I asked the question to see people's thoughts, I never made a statement.

A message board is for just this, you obviously like the guy fair enough whereas I think he's very average and so does Hughes as we will buy x2 CB before the window.

Mate, im not having a go at you. All opinions.

Although suggesting its his last chance after last week is over the top, why no other players? Think its a fair question.

Read the answers you got though. People are jumping on his tails after last week and i dont agree with it. Its my opinion.

We may push the boat out for Dawson now because as well as Hill looking really shaky today and Dawson again not in the squad.

Dont think we will buy another CB, might loan one on top of Dawson if it comes off.

What i think we are missing and i have said it all summer is a holding midfielder in the type like De Jong. Not saying we would get him but I think that is what we need just as important as a CB.

Last chance for Ferdinand on 17:24 - Aug 25 with 1687 viewsTacticalR

Ferdinand looks like Yogi Bear.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024