Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry verdict 09:40 - Oct 5 with 2761 viewshoopstilidie

Full written reasons.

*contains bad language*

http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2012/oct/~/media/22A83175745E44468105B57232

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Terry verdict on 17:24 - Oct 5 with 493 viewsloftboy

Just seen this thread, sorry Clive, I take it that's why mine has gone?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Terry verdict on 17:47 - Oct 5 with 466 viewsW7Ranger

Terry verdict on 17:24 - Oct 5 by loftboy

Yes probably Loftboy.
Terry verdict on 17:54 - Oct 5 with 457 viewsNorthernr

Terry verdict on 17:24 - Oct 5 by loftboy

Yes mate - take the piss out of Mr Cole all you like in here.
Terry verdict on 18:54 - Oct 5 with 401 viewsPhildo

Wow just read it in full. The FA case proved to a civil standard is that the chelsea captain used racist remarks and that two of the clubs senior employees conspired to mislead the tribunal.

Nice club eh?
Terry verdict on 20:20 - Oct 5 with 342 viewssmegma

In reply to Coles tweet " I lied did I ".

The report mentions you quite a few times. It mentions that when the on pitch conversation between Anton and JT was ongoing,Cole claimed he could hear Anton some thirty yards away yet couldn't hear JT who was about 5 yards away. Strange that.

It also mentions that both JT and Cole claim they had a conversation during the match and mentioned Anton had alleged he was racially abused. Yet there is no evidence of them being near enough to have had that chat in the remaining 7 minutes of the game. Strange that.

Cole refused to shake Antons hand at the end of the game. He never mentioned to anton anything about the racism allegations.All he said was 'you can't talk to JT like that". Strange that.

An hour after the game JT suddenly wanted to talk to Anton, no doubt he had been informed of the breaking story on SSN. So for over an hour he thought he had gotten away with it.Soon as the story arose he then wanted to do something about and concocted his half @rsed story with Ashleys connivance.

Something that did surprise me though was that JT was allowed to refuse to give evidence at the hearing , which he chose to do.
Terry verdict on 21:20 - Oct 5 with 306 viewsHollowayRanger

Terry verdict on 20:20 - Oct 5 by smegma

The report mentions you quite a few times. It mentions that when the on pitch conversation between Anton and JT was ongoing,Cole claimed he could hear Anton some thirty yards away yet couldn't hear JT who was about 5 yards away. Strange that.

It also mentions that both JT and Cole claim they had a conversation during the match and mentioned Anton had alleged he was racially abused. Yet there is no evidence of them being near enough to have had that chat in the remaining 7 minutes of the game. Strange that.

Cole refused to shake Antons hand at the end of the game. He never mentioned to anton anything about the racism allegations.All he said was 'you can't talk to JT like that". Strange that.

An hour after the game JT suddenly wanted to talk to Anton, no doubt he had been informed of the breaking story on SSN. So for over an hour he thought he had gotten away with it.Soon as the story arose he then wanted to do something about and concocted his half @rsed story with Ashleys connivance.

Something that did surprise me though was that JT was allowed to refuse to give evidence at the hearing , which he chose to do.

my guess he was afraid he'll put his foot in it again!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Terry verdict on 21:26 - Oct 5 with 302 viewshamptonhillhoop

Terry verdict on 20:20 - Oct 5 by smegma

"Something that did surprise me though was that JT was allowed to refuse to give evidence at the hearing , which he chose to do."
It's every person's right not to give evidence at their own trial. You're under no obligation to do anything that incriminates you. If he gives evidence he's open to be cross examined. He may not have come out of that very well
Terry verdict on 21:35 - Oct 5 with 292 viewssmegma

Terry verdict on 21:26 - Oct 5 by hamptonhillhoop

"Something that did surprise me though was that JT was allowed to refuse to give evidence at the hearing , which he chose to do."
It's every person's right not to give evidence at their own trial. You're under no obligation to do anything that incriminates you. If he gives evidence he's open to be cross examined. He may not have come out of that very well

It wasn't a 'trial' , it was a disciplinary hearing.
Login to get fewer ads

Terry verdict on 22:47 - Oct 5 with 254 viewshamptonhillhoop

Terry verdict on 21:35 - Oct 5 by smegma

It wasn't a 'trial' , it was a disciplinary hearing.

Sorry,
I thought you were talking about the trial. My mistake. Probably the same reasoning though
Terry verdict on 23:09 - Oct 5 with 231 viewseastside_r

Thing is, the defendant not taking the stand is quite common in criminal cases because their lawyer reckons that anything they say could incriminate them or because they think the prosecution case is weak. The burden of proof thing again. Say nothing and it is down to the prosecution to prove without reasonable doubt.

I think Terry’s defence was based on the trick his brief tried about FA hearings having to follow the result of any previous criminal proceedings. Had he appeared it would have undermined this approach. He also knew that if he did attend his bullshit defence would have been further exposed.

Had the best defence barrister money could buy but still found guilty. He will still appeal though; he has to keep up the pretence to protect his sponsorship deals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024