Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we lose against Reading 09:46 - Oct 30 with 7351 viewsjeffro

I think its accepted by most R's that Hughes must go.

For all those who think he should be given more time etc blah blah and those who wouldnt want Harry Redknapp, I ask this question:

Why wouldnt QPR on purely footballing reasons and management ability, NOT want Harry Redknapp?

He plays great football, moulds a winning team, is decent with transfers and was the best english manager last year..

Not a loaded question but I am yet to hear a good "footballing/management" reason as to why Redknapp would be a bad appointment.

Forget the brown paper bag stuff, & creaming transfers etc... That wont happen with the board we have.
If we lose against Reading on 10:19 - Oct 30 with 4160 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't want Redknapp as he has no real long term plan, it's all about the moment which is fine until he goes then you are in a mess. it's fine if you have a strong chairmen like Levy but we don't, i think he'd be a long term disaster for us but short term he'd be very good.
If we lose against Reading on 10:23 - Oct 30 with 4147 viewsWestbourneR

I agree with the orginal poster - if Hughes goes then Redknapp is the standout candidate. He has been excellent over and over again.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

If we lose against Reading on 10:23 - Oct 30 with 4143 viewsadhoc_qpr

The owners are already handling the long term planning, the managers job is to develop a successful team and deliver results - Hughes can't seem to do that.

Personal objections aside, Redknapp is a better manager than Hughes and i think we would get an instant new manager syndrome run of results.

Spending wise he would only be able to spend what the board gives him, so i have no problems there.

However, i fear if we lose against Reading all we'll get is another tweet from TF about bad luck/injuries/poor refs/MH right man for the job etc etc
If we lose against Reading on 10:24 - Oct 30 with 4144 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 10:19 - Oct 30 by daveB

I wouldn't want Redknapp as he has no real long term plan, it's all about the moment which is fine until he goes then you are in a mess. it's fine if you have a strong chairmen like Levy but we don't, i think he'd be a long term disaster for us but short term he'd be very good.

Dave were in a mess now.
And hughes has hardly built for the future with most his signings.

Im sure our board will only give him what they want.

IMO i think he is a great football manager.
If we lose against Reading on 10:27 - Oct 30 with 4135 viewsClive_Anderson

If we currently had Redknapp as manager then there's no way we'd want him sacked and replaced with Hughes.
If we lose against Reading on 10:34 - Oct 30 with 4106 viewsWeaverQPR

Redknapp may not be ideal long term but we need somebody to keep is in the PL and should Hughes fail to turn it round this month id take Redders.

@WeavQPR

If we lose against Reading on 10:37 - Oct 30 with 4104 viewsexiled_dictator

If we lose to Reading, will Hughes be given a chance against Stoke?
And if we lose to Stoke, will Hughes be given a chance against Southampton.

Seriously, if we lose those 3 games, then we cannot afford to keep Hughes as being relegated would cost more than paying Hughes off with a P45 to go.

I do think that Harry would give us that bouncebackability, but I just cannot warm to him (not that Hughes makes me warm). Harry is far more characteristic, but I heard that he has actually been interviewed for the Blackburn job already. Nothing finalised, but still.
I would accept Harry short term, say for an 18 month contract, but we really need to start establishing stability with management & players, otherwise we will just hire & fire, and buy & sell crazy each transfer window and this will be unsustainable in the long run.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

If we lose against Reading on 10:39 - Oct 30 with 4093 viewsWeaverQPR

Could you get HR in and get his replacement in the coaching setup and then promote from within? Someone like Sir Les?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

If we lose against Reading on 10:41 - Oct 30 with 4087 viewsdaveB

we have this every year though, get in a new manager as he'll start well and then when that fades we are back to square one. Sooner or later we have to go with a long term plan, if it's not Hughes then Martinez for me. I'm a big fan of Redknapp but I don't see it working with us
If we lose against Reading on 10:47 - Oct 30 with 4073 viewsswisscottage

If we lose against Reading on 10:37 - Oct 30 by exiled_dictator

If we lose to Reading, will Hughes be given a chance against Stoke?
And if we lose to Stoke, will Hughes be given a chance against Southampton.

Seriously, if we lose those 3 games, then we cannot afford to keep Hughes as being relegated would cost more than paying Hughes off with a P45 to go.

I do think that Harry would give us that bouncebackability, but I just cannot warm to him (not that Hughes makes me warm). Harry is far more characteristic, but I heard that he has actually been interviewed for the Blackburn job already. Nothing finalised, but still.
I would accept Harry short term, say for an 18 month contract, but we really need to start establishing stability with management & players, otherwise we will just hire & fire, and buy & sell crazy each transfer window and this will be unsustainable in the long run.

Rednapp is as bent as a two bob note. The only reason he got off is because people high up tipped his hat to the investigation which then forced the CPS and the police to bring the case too early before they'd finished gathering enough evidence to get him bang to rights.

Rednapp has achieved little more than Hughes except to also get multiple clubs relegated.

Rednapp brings nothing to the table in building a club. This club was rotten to the core before TF took over and a long term investment in the backroom staff and manager is required. TF has gone full in with Hughes, with the complete setup being built around people Hughes knows. If you sack him now whilst he still has the backing of the players who he's brought in and the backroom staff carries its own risks of hitting morale and actually making things worse.

Looking at the table we're hardly in a devastatingly bad position at the moment. There's plenty of worse teams than us down the bottom. Yes, if we lose to Reading and Southampton, then it looks a good deal worse, but those teams and others still remain within reach.

Personally I think we'll get 4-6 points from those two games and will be out of the bottom 3.

If we lose against Reading on 10:48 - Oct 30 with 4069 viewsTGRRRSSS

How many sides plan for long term anymore?
ONly the top 3 or 4 have a hope, most others develop to sell at profit (even Arsenal and Spurs)

Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora are hardly long term plans.
If we lose against Reading on 10:48 - Oct 30 with 4068 viewssimmo

Whilst part of me agrees that Redknapp would ultimately prove a good manager on the pitch, we have to be aware that it will mean huge spending and set us back financially another 2-3 years.

The players now like Hulse/Bothroyd/Campbell/Barton/Young that are still paid a big wage despite not being in the squad will still be here, and still be paid, but you can probably add to that Onouha/SWP/Park/Johnson and more all lauded on arrival and all moved on to accommodate another 6-7 of Harry's own men.

We could be in a situation where there is a fresh batch of black hole wage takers like Agyemang/Vine/Hall (all of which we have only JUST got off the wage bill), but on 3-4 times more than those w*nkers.

That doesnt even take into account the entire back room staff recently hired by Hughes himself that will need replacing or paid off as Redknapp wants Joe Jordan and all the other boys taken on

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

If we lose against Reading on 10:52 - Oct 30 with 4058 viewsWeaverQPR

So is Hughes building for the long term or just bringing in all his cronies so sacking him becomes too costly (im sure a man city fan warned us on this) or both?

@WeavQPR

If we lose against Reading on 10:52 - Oct 30 with 4057 viewsdaveB

If we lose against Reading on 10:48 - Oct 30 by TGRRRSSS

How many sides plan for long term anymore?
ONly the top 3 or 4 have a hope, most others develop to sell at profit (even Arsenal and Spurs)

Andy Johnson and Bobby Zamora are hardly long term plans.

that's the problem in a nutshell though, every year we say we don't need to plan long term then we change the manager and team every transfer window with the same outcome. If Redknapp comes in we'll probably stay up (I think we will under Hughes as well) then what happens next year when another new team struggles, change it again?

Any club who does well at this level has a long term plan from Man Utd to West brom to Everton. yes you look after the first team but you also look after planning on what you are going to do in the next transfer window, if you lose your star player who comes in. We don't do any of that and end up running around signing 12 players every window

If we lose against Reading on 10:53 - Oct 30 with 4057 viewsjeffro

If we lose against Reading on 10:47 - Oct 30 by swisscottage

Rednapp is as bent as a two bob note. The only reason he got off is because people high up tipped his hat to the investigation which then forced the CPS and the police to bring the case too early before they'd finished gathering enough evidence to get him bang to rights.

Rednapp has achieved little more than Hughes except to also get multiple clubs relegated.

Rednapp brings nothing to the table in building a club. This club was rotten to the core before TF took over and a long term investment in the backroom staff and manager is required. TF has gone full in with Hughes, with the complete setup being built around people Hughes knows. If you sack him now whilst he still has the backing of the players who he's brought in and the backroom staff carries its own risks of hitting morale and actually making things worse.

Looking at the table we're hardly in a devastatingly bad position at the moment. There's plenty of worse teams than us down the bottom. Yes, if we lose to Reading and Southampton, then it looks a good deal worse, but those teams and others still remain within reach.

Personally I think we'll get 4-6 points from those two games and will be out of the bottom 3.

Redknapp has broken into the top 4 of the premier league and got Spurs into the CL playing some of the best football ever seen at the Lane (so my spurs mates tell me) That in itself is a fantastic achievement never expected at Spurs.

What has Hughes don in comparison??

Also if you simply claiming Redknapp hasnt done much more than Hughes... Neither has David Moyes but you going to say he isnt a better boss than Hughes??
If we lose against Reading on 11:02 - Oct 30 with 4026 viewsJamie

Cons:
Will want to spend a fortune and will need a strong, confident management team above him
tactically inept
scattergun transfer dealings at West Ham & Pompey - Levy controls transfers at Spurs
relegated Saints with at the time a decent squad.
very much a man who sticks to his favoured players
'loyalty' is what Sandra serves him with his toast

Pros:
Got Spurs playing incisive, attacking football, although Spurs had some of the highest long ball figures prior to last season
Media savvy
would attract 'name' players to the club

For me Redknapp means a strict 4-4-2 with Hoilett & SWP on the wings, Granero & Diakite holding and Cisse off Zamora.

As things stand he really is the only candidate for the job, presuming someone like Poyet doesnt fancy abandoning his project at Brighton and it is for this reason Hughes must get the season IMO.
If we lose against Reading on 11:04 - Oct 30 with 4012 viewsHayesender

I'm taking my son to his first game on Sunday.

I'm hoping he will bring us some luck

Poll: Shamima Beghum

If we lose against Reading on 11:11 - Oct 30 with 4008 viewsTW_R

If we lose against Reading on 11:04 - Oct 30 by Hayesender

I'm taking my son to his first game on Sunday.

I'm hoping he will bring us some luck

Well, he certainly couldn't bring us any less luck, so fingers crossed.
If we lose against Reading on 11:12 - Oct 30 with 4004 viewsToast_R

F@ck the long term, it's all about staying up this season because the money from next season is more wealth then you can imagine which essentially is the long term, So if that means RedKnapp then so f@cking be it.
If we lose against Reading on 11:18 - Oct 30 with 3978 viewsdaveB

If we lose against Reading on 11:12 - Oct 30 by Toast_R

F@ck the long term, it's all about staying up this season because the money from next season is more wealth then you can imagine which essentially is the long term, So if that means RedKnapp then so f@cking be it.

that should be the club motto. F&ck the long term.

It's been that way for years and as I say is why we have a new team every transfer window, if we got the long term plan right then we wouldn't have to go through this every season
If we lose against Reading on 11:29 - Oct 30 with 3966 viewsTHEBUSH

If we lose against Reading, Hughes has to stay, we need stability at our football club,
Imo, the lack of stability, is why we are, where we are !!
Think of how many, owners, managers and players we have gone through in the last few years.
To change the manager and coaching staff now, would be crazy at this time.
If we lose against Reading on 11:31 - Oct 30 with 3960 viewsWeaverQPR

Id rather be unstable in the PL than stable with Hughes in the championship.

@WeavQPR

If we lose against Reading on 11:34 - Oct 30 with 3953 viewsToast_R

I understand what you mean Dave trust me, but if we go down we are bang in trouble. The longterm mission we are currently on looks like it's going to be a catastrophic failure. Looks being the key word for now, Hughes needs points but he's skating on very thin ice.

TF has loaded his eggs into one basket which appears to have a great big hole in it.

If we lose against Reading on 11:35 - Oct 30 with 3949 viewsjamois

To answer the OP, I think it depends on the performance. If lady luck is not with us then am sure he will see out the Southampton game too.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

If we lose against Reading on 11:37 - Oct 30 with 3943 viewsTHEBUSH

If we lose against Reading on 11:31 - Oct 30 by WeaverQPR

Id rather be unstable in the PL than stable with Hughes in the championship.

No garantee a new manager would save us anyway !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024