Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton; The dilema 09:18 - Nov 12 with 4928 viewsjeffro

Never have i once booed a player or ever wanted us to do anything other than win.

This Saturday will be the defining date in our clubs history.

I cant believe I am saying this but if it means us winning and Hughes staying on due to beating the worst side in the division at home, then Im actually hoping we draw.

If we win, we follow that up with Man United which is a loss not because its MUFC but because its an away game, so we will be on 7 points after 13 games, Derby had 6 points after 11 in their record breaking season.

I think for the good of the club and long term survival and growth, I would take a draw or even defeat to remove Hughes from the club, and get a manager in that can motivate these highly paid buffoons and intstil some defensive quality.

Not right i know, but I simply cannot see any other way with Hughes in charge.
Southampton; The dilema on 09:28 - Nov 12 with 3076 viewsbosh67

The real dilemma is if we do lose and MH goes how long do we give a new manager coming in? He can't be expected to turn it around in a few games. As on other posts, it also becomes an issue getting in a manager who wants to take on a task that may already be too much.

The thing for us fans is to get behind the team and the manager on Saturday and really will them to win. If they rise to that great, if they don't, then there are some very serious decisions at top level to make, because another manager isn't a guarantee to arrest this.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Southampton; The dilema on 09:33 - Nov 12 with 3063 viewsthame_hoops

I see what your saying but we need 3 points desperately, the problem last year was we gave away too many points to teams around us which meant we needed to beat the likes or arsenal, liverpoo and spurs (which we did obviously)

Regardless of what you think of hughes, we need them points
Southampton; The dilema on 09:35 - Nov 12 with 3050 viewsdaveB

If we lose or draw on Saturday Hughes should resign let alone be sacked
Southampton; The dilema on 09:35 - Nov 12 with 3052 viewsjeffro

I know what youre saying too fella's though Bosh, 99% of sides get the new manager bounce, normally 2/3 wins in 1st 5 games, see Sunderland last season, going down under Bruce, O'neil comes in and they flew to safety.

I agree we do need 3 points but if that keeps Hughes in because of 1 win, we are doomed long term!!
Southampton; The dilema on 09:35 - Nov 12 with 3052 viewsVish

I understand what you're saying, as if we do beat Soton we still have fundamental problems which may get covered up. If we do win, i doubt i'd be any more confident of getting something from United, Sunderland or even beating Villa at home.

However, if we lose nobody can be sure that TF will sack Hughes. In addition there doesn't appear to be an ideal replacement waiting to come in.

Saturday we have to urge the players on and get that win, regardless if you want Hughes to stay or not.
Southampton; The dilema on 09:37 - Nov 12 with 3042 viewsnadera78

Get to the pub early on saturday, have a few pints, move on to the ground and give Southampton hell and our boys everything for 90 minutes.

If, after all of that, the players still don't deliver then we can slaughter them and the management.
Southampton; The dilema on 09:40 - Nov 12 with 3026 viewsLewes_r

We are stuck in a rut. I would never want anything more than a win from my team, you should think the same IMO

there is a bit of a rot set in but who knows.. batter Soton or even win by 1-0 via someones arse cheek deflection we may just pick up in form..

unless Mourinho or guardiola is sniffing around for the job why would we want another manager who would probably be pretty underwhelming

if we get beat then something needs to change for sure because we will be in the shit .. I think we need to hope things change around on saturday with the clock firmly ticking in the background

I trust TF to know when and when not to weald the axe
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Southampton; The dilema on 09:48 - Nov 12 with 2992 viewsPhilmyRs

Wanting your team to lose or draw is laughable in my opinion. You should always want a win. The confidence is so fragile right now, we desperately need a win, and southampton is must. Who knows win and have a bit of confidence we may kick on, you never know
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton; The dilema on 09:59 - Nov 12 with 2962 viewsTGRRRSSS

I get the thinking, but it's a direct rival (Who probably will go down anyway) a home game, we absolutley need to win, I agree though that it would only papaer the cracks in the Hughes regime and thats why he should go before the game - and tyake his failing coaching staff with him as well.
That said MUST win
Southampton; The dilema on 10:03 - Nov 12 with 2949 viewsHAYESBOY

Sorry, i dont understand the premise whereby you want us to lose so our manager can be sacked. What if we got relegated by 2 points and a win against Southampton would of seen us survive.

Always want QPR to win.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Southampton; The dilema on 10:03 - Nov 12 with 2945 viewsJamie

We will be in the relegation mixup whoever is in charge IMO, and thus to wish for anything but a large win is mental.

Rightly or wrongly, Hughes is going nowhere. TF adores him.
Southampton; The dilema on 10:10 - Nov 12 with 2928 viewsjeffro

Ok to spin the question, say we win however 1-0 or 4-0 and we go on to LDLD next 4 games , quite reasonable id say, thats 16 games gone and 9 points...

Hughes stay??

To be fair Jaime i agree, he should be gone already
Southampton; The dilema on 10:13 - Nov 12 with 2922 viewsderbyhoop

I still subscribe (foolishly?) to the mantra that 1 win could kick start a revival. I want that win ASAP.
If we cannot beat Southampton at home, after failing to beat West Ham, Swansea and Reading, and can't buy a point away from home, I don't think it will make any difference who is in charge.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Southampton; The dilema on 10:16 - Nov 12 with 2910 viewsPhildo

Southampton; The dilema on 10:13 - Nov 12 by derbyhoop

I still subscribe (foolishly?) to the mantra that 1 win could kick start a revival. I want that win ASAP.
If we cannot beat Southampton at home, after failing to beat West Ham, Swansea and Reading, and can't buy a point away from home, I don't think it will make any difference who is in charge.

agreed and any new man has the same tat staff to select a 'defense' from
Southampton; The dilema on 10:27 - Nov 12 with 2883 viewsJamie

Southampton; The dilema on 10:10 - Nov 12 by jeffro

Ok to spin the question, say we win however 1-0 or 4-0 and we go on to LDLD next 4 games , quite reasonable id say, thats 16 games gone and 9 points...

Hughes stay??

To be fair Jaime i agree, he should be gone already

He will be here until Xmas at the very least regardless of results imo.

We'll be 10 points adrift and TF will still be tweeting that we 'just need some luck' and that 'the table is so tight right now'.
Southampton; The dilema on 10:30 - Nov 12 with 2877 viewsElHoop

Southampton; The dilema on 10:03 - Nov 12 by HAYESBOY

Sorry, i dont understand the premise whereby you want us to lose so our manager can be sacked. What if we got relegated by 2 points and a win against Southampton would of seen us survive.

Always want QPR to win.

Spot on mate.

I wouldn't want to go into the trenches with some of the guys on here, and on Saturday i am going into the trenches with some of the guys on here, the Baldricks of this world.

The consequences of Hughes failing may be desperate in terms of the future of the club. In that eventuality I would expect TF to go too as Hughes was his project and if TF goes then the Mittals might go too and if all that were true then quite honestly to hope we lose this game is nothing short of treachery. How can anyone be sure that we AREN'T facing that sort of scenario?

I have confidence in our ability to beat Southampton and to stay up and to improve on last season. If the board wants to change the management at some stage then that's their prerogative but I am happy to continue with Hughes and to give the boys my best shout and I'm grateful for what has been done for this club since the 4 year plan started and since it finished. We are in a way better position than we were in the bucket days and I can't really understand how some people are so desperately negative about everything. Que sera sera but i'm not going to make things any worse or wish for them to get any worse. That would be a disgraceful way of looking at things in my view.

Southampton; The dilema on 10:50 - Nov 12 with 2831 viewsTheBlob

Southampton; The dilema on 10:30 - Nov 12 by ElHoop

Spot on mate.

I wouldn't want to go into the trenches with some of the guys on here, and on Saturday i am going into the trenches with some of the guys on here, the Baldricks of this world.

The consequences of Hughes failing may be desperate in terms of the future of the club. In that eventuality I would expect TF to go too as Hughes was his project and if TF goes then the Mittals might go too and if all that were true then quite honestly to hope we lose this game is nothing short of treachery. How can anyone be sure that we AREN'T facing that sort of scenario?

I have confidence in our ability to beat Southampton and to stay up and to improve on last season. If the board wants to change the management at some stage then that's their prerogative but I am happy to continue with Hughes and to give the boys my best shout and I'm grateful for what has been done for this club since the 4 year plan started and since it finished. We are in a way better position than we were in the bucket days and I can't really understand how some people are so desperately negative about everything. Que sera sera but i'm not going to make things any worse or wish for them to get any worse. That would be a disgraceful way of looking at things in my view.

And if you remember what happened to the poor souls in the trenches.....could be quite a direct analogy.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Southampton; The dilema on 11:02 - Nov 12 with 2802 viewsisawqpratwcity

Southampton; The dilema on 10:30 - Nov 12 by ElHoop

Spot on mate.

I find that comment about 'the trenches' distasteful. Do you really want to equate your argument with what we were respecting yesterday?

I want us to win against Soton, but not if it gives Hughes the excuse for another four games to f*ck us up.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Southampton; The dilema on 11:02 - Nov 12 with 2801 viewsgueRRilla

MH out! Steve Kean in!
Southampton; The dilema on 11:11 - Nov 12 with 2780 viewsthame_hoops

Southampton; The dilema on 11:02 - Nov 12 by isawqpratwcity

I find that comment about 'the trenches' distasteful. Do you really want to equate your argument with what we were respecting yesterday?

I want us to win against Soton, but not if it gives Hughes the excuse for another four games to f*ck us up.

He can speak for himself im sure but i would asume the 'trench' comment was a metaphor
Southampton; The dilema on 11:14 - Nov 12 with 2770 viewsstansleftfoot

QPR are only five or six weeks away from the anniversary of last years concerns about impending relegation.
Mark Hughes was the solution then, why is he not the solution now.
He has improved the squad dramatically but his improvements took place in area's where we were already pretty strong. If anything our best early season player last year has now gone backgrounds having shown great recovery from a severe injury.
The doubts about Mark Hughes can only be swept aside by a victory on Saturday and a sustained collation of 1.5 to 2 points a game for the remaining fixtures, as has been shown to Fernandes the League is so poor this year that it's already compressed and there's up to half the division as relegation possibilities. It must be a middle 40's target to stay up and there are 'only' 27/28 games left of which ten are against the top ten clubs.
Mark Hughes has indicated for the first time doubts about what is happening and has happened at QPR, i think the door will open for Hughes to go if we lose v Saints.
We actually need the points (all six) regardless of what Fernandes decides about Hughes....why a victory against Southampton should suddenly change our season i'm not sure, Mark Hughes has signed a group of players that have left us with an unbalanced side, where shortages in some area's are highlighted by too many players in other area's....Poor Management...win or lose....get rid next week.....
Southampton; The dilema on 11:20 - Nov 12 with 2752 viewsTheBlob

Southampton; The dilema on 11:11 - Nov 12 by thame_hoops

He can speak for himself im sure but i would asume the 'trench' comment was a metaphor

The analogy could also be "lions led by donkeys".

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Southampton; The dilema on 11:32 - Nov 12 with 2716 viewsElHoop

Southampton; The dilema on 11:02 - Nov 12 by isawqpratwcity

Um, I think that the fact that you know exactly what i mean is indicative of how widely used the phrase is. I've nothing but respect for those who obediently went their deaths at the behest of a complete bunch of idiots. Arguably we could show a bit more backbone ourselves if you are talking about showing respect for those who came before.
Southampton; The dilema on 11:54 - Nov 12 with 2664 viewsisawqpratwcity

Southampton; The dilema on 11:32 - Nov 12 by ElHoop

Um, I think that the fact that you know exactly what i mean is indicative of how widely used the phrase is. I've nothing but respect for those who obediently went their deaths at the behest of a complete bunch of idiots. Arguably we could show a bit more backbone ourselves if you are talking about showing respect for those who came before.

So, a poorly timed choice of phrase.

Here's a better timed one: "Hughes out!"

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Southampton; The dilema on 12:22 - Nov 12 with 2607 viewsadhoc_qpr

Does anyone think Hughes can keep us up?

I give him about a 10% chance of getting us into 17th by virtue of 3 teams being even worse (somehow), 90% chance we'll be bottom 3.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024