Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP 15:12 - Nov 25 with 4281 viewsQPR_ARG

Sad news...

http://www.thefa.com/News/2012/nov/dave-sexton-1930-2012.aspx
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:17 - Nov 25 with 2825 viewsBrightonhoop

Very sad news. RIP to a legend.
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:17 - Nov 25 with 2817 viewsQPR1882

IN THE TOP 3 MANAGERS WE HAVE HAD

R.I.P
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:18 - Nov 25 with 2817 viewsQPR1882

A bunch of QPR fans were talking outside a bar in Munich about who the best manager we have had at QPR, to a man we all put Dave Sexton in our top 3.

A big big lost in the world of football

R.I.P
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP (n/t) on 15:19 - Nov 25 with 2809 viewspaulparker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 2782 viewskropotkin41

A man who should be remembered by both QPR fans and all football fans for introducing Total Football to England.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 2781 viewshoof_hearted

A true great in the coaching world. Ahead of his time in this country and we were the beneficiaries. I think he will be in heaven on god's right side but with freedom to attack down either wing.

RIP
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 2780 viewshoof_hearted

DP
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:24 - Nov 25 with 2764 viewspaulparker

just spoken to the old man & he is gutted said he was so far a head of his time of a coach it was untrue
A True Rangers Legend

RIP

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:25 - Nov 25 with 2756 viewsHollowayRanger

SHAME SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE YEAR FOR QPR

Macca powel now sexton RIP

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:39 - Nov 25 with 2701 viewsNov77

Would have thought he was number 1 with stock and venables competing for 2nd place.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:40 - Nov 25 with 2696 viewstommyg01

RIP Dave, one of the best.
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:42 - Nov 25 with 2687 viewsTacticalR

This from QPRnet's interview with Don Masson in 2002:

QPRnet.com: Tell us about Dave Sexton, what was he like as a manager?

DM: He was an unbelievable coach, unbelievable. We used to do things then, thirty years ago that people are saying now is the right thing to do. Our training techniques were so ahead of their time. We used to have Ron Jones, the old Olympic sprinter come down and take us through our paces, all that sort of fitness training that they do these days was unheard of then, but we were doing it. We used to have dieticians and everything, we were having scrambled eggs and fish before meals while everyone else was having steaks.

Dave used to go to Holland on Sundays to watch the Dutch league, he used to pay for it out of his own pocket just to learn and advance himself. To go from Notts County where it was practise matches every day to that was fantastic for me, I loved it.

http://www.qprnet.com/websites/LinuxPackage09/qp/rn/et/qprnet.com/public_html/in

Air hostess clique

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:47 - Nov 25 with 2670 viewsSomersetHoops

A real football man and a gentleman in public, but not afraid to tell the players what he thought of any that weren't pulling their weight. Terrific tecnician and coach and QPR legend - many fond memories of his time at LR.

Who's Next?

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:59 - Nov 25 with 2625 viewsWatfordR

Surely the man who oversaw the QPR team that most of us would want our club to be remembered by.

RIP
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:00 - Nov 25 with 2623 viewsbrewers_hoop

Possibly the biggest QPR legend of them all. Produced by far the best R's team in my lifetime & took us to within a whisker of the title - a truly brilliant coach. RIP.
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:00 - Nov 25 with 2620 viewsTacticalR

His book "Tackle Soccer" (1981) is mainly a practical coaching manual, with a bit of footballing philosophy thrown in. He discusses stuff like the pros and cons of zonal marking versus man-to-man marking.

He lays a lot of emphasis on counter-attacking football. In fact he argues that counter-attacking is the most effective kind of football, being equivalent to hitting someone when their guard is down in boxing.

Air hostess clique

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:02 - Nov 25 with 2616 viewsMichael_Hunt

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 15:59 - Nov 25 by WatfordR

Surely the man who oversaw the QPR team that most of us would want our club to be remembered by.

RIP

Without a doubt. The nucleas of the side was Gordon Jago's but Sexton moved them up to the next level. Happiest football days of mine and QPR lives.

RIP
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:03 - Nov 25 with 2607 viewsHantsR

That is truly sad news. I've so much respect for the guy and everything he did for the club and its wonderful teams of the time. I suppose obituaries will talk more about his time at Chelsea, but he was probably the best manager we have ever had and led the greatest team we have known here. RIP
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:03 - Nov 25 with 2607 viewsQPRDave

Managed Rangers best team in my time of supporting the club, great manager ...RIP Mr. Sexton....thanks for the memories
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:07 - Nov 25 with 2584 viewsNov77

Hope our club does something at the villa game to commemorate Dave

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:09 - Nov 25 with 2575 viewsNeil_SI

A real shame and I wish I could have experienced that team in the flesh.

RIP.
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:16 - Nov 25 with 2543 viewssexton

Very sorry to hear this sad news.

I'm proud to have the great man's name as my user name.

The football we played under Dave Sexton was years ahead of its time. It's a tragedy that our fantastic, total football, 1975/76 team was beaten to the title by long ball Liverpool.

RIP Dave. You gave me some of my best ever memories.
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:17 - Nov 25 with 2542 viewsNov77

Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:35 - Nov 25 with 2498 viewswestberksr

RIP to a true great

he's the reason I'm a QPR fan and not a Gooner, family divided and I reached the age of choice when the great team was destroying everyone, so it was an easy decision. Been a tough time since but I won't hold that against him.

RIP
Dave Sexton - QPR legend - RIP on 16:43 - Nov 25 with 2474 viewsMonahoop

Really sad news. A very good manager and is up there with Stock, Jago and Venebles among my top four QPR bosses. So close to winning the league title with a wonderfully talented team, but will always be held in high esteem forever.

RIP Dave.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024