Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR will not be relegated. 09:23 - Jan 13 with 2009 viewsKingy27

I know it's early, I have not been on the loony juice or smoking anything dodgy!
After what I've seen since Harry has taken over (with the exception of the Liverpool game) I firmly believe in that.
We need to get a couple of players in to balance the side but I've seen a massive improvement in performance against 2 top sides. Harry has got Rangers organised and instilled a belief in the players that is there for all to see. The improvement will only continue.
I'm not getting carried away. I stand by what I say.
QPR will not be relegated. on 09:31 - Jan 13 with 1988 viewshoof_hearted

Benolyn night time medicine?
QPR will not be relegated. on 09:36 - Jan 13 with 1962 viewshoopstilidie

Team still needs teeth.

Stays as it is we'll go down but we'll go down fighting.

Get some bite up front and it's not beyond possibility that we stay up.

Not that we are really good enough, more that there is so much other dross around us in this league.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

QPR will not be relegated. on 09:36 - Jan 13 with 1959 viewsFearless

Hmmm

The worst start in "history" would now require champions league qualification type results - it's got better, but still looks very unlikely

Hope you're right
QPR will not be relegated. on 09:47 - Jan 13 with 1920 viewsPey

Wish i had the same confidence but after yesterdays match i still believe there is an enormous (impossible?) task laying ahead.

We lack a real attacking threat, can see us make an occasional goal at games but in games you need to score more then one to come back from behind in a game its gonna be a very difficult affair.

QPR will not be relegated. on 09:52 - Jan 13 with 1901 viewshoof_hearted

Mathematically we still have all the 6 pointer matches to play so they are the crucial ones.

If we play with that intensity every match and can grab winners against Wigan, Villa, Southampton and Reading then we stay up. It's a tall order.
QPR will not be relegated. on 10:01 - Jan 13 with 1869 viewskropotkin41

All of the teams we need to overhaul actually attack......... we don't......yet. Yesterday's games saw Reading score 3; Southampton and Villa both hit the woodwork several times; Wigan came back from 1 down, but looked to attack all game.

Harry has made us hard to beat, but we need to be banging goals in aswell now.

Survival is a tall order.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

QPR will not be relegated. on 10:01 - Jan 13 with 1864 viewsstuabd

I think TF will look back and realise that Hughes should have been sacked before he actually was.

If we can create more goal scoring opportunities and have a striker that hits form in the run-in we may get out of it.

We need some luck in the sense that the 3 clubs around us go on a horrendous run.

QPR will not be relegated. on 10:22 - Jan 13 with 1805 viewsJamie

IMO we will still go down, but with some dignity intact rather than the laughing stock we were under Hughes.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR will not be relegated. on 10:25 - Jan 13 with 1797 viewswood_hoop

QPR will not be relegated. on 09:52 - Jan 13 by hoof_hearted

Mathematically we still have all the 6 pointer matches to play so they are the crucial ones.

If we play with that intensity every match and can grab winners against Wigan, Villa, Southampton and Reading then we stay up. It's a tall order.

After the game yesterday and against the 'scum' it shows that points are possible against even the teams near the top, in some ways those in our zone at the bottom are that much harder as expectations will once again rise and the 'dogfights' against them may not be as productive as wished.

HR has it seems sorted a few things out since arriving and playing 'hard to beat' is the only route open to him, better performances and a few of the players actually starting to look like pro players is also helping.

One thing I would like HR to use more is Taarabt as the main front man, worked well against the 'scum' and though Mackie is a real tryer does not have AT abilities to hold the ball and bring others into play, great as a sub if AT tires or you have a lead and really want to park the proverbial bus across the middle.

AT could really shine, has the ability to skin the CB's that usually mark the strikers and get clear space to work in and create a few more chances than most, to get those vital goals, worked with Henry at Arsenal, originally worked from the midfield before Wenger changed his game.

Our chances have improved a little from when HR took over, maybe he has found the formula that will keep us up, ain't gonna be pretty and such a hill to climb the odds are still against us avoiding the drop.

QPR will not be relegated. on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 1751 viewsngbqpr

Harry has found a formula to give us half a chance of valuable points against the top teams

He will now need to find a different formula to get us wins in all those Feb & March fixtures against the bottom half teams.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

QPR will not be relegated. on 11:33 - Jan 13 with 1680 viewsRanger78

I'm gonna stay in the positive camp... Just!!

I agree that we need some luck and that we are lucky to still be in with a shout. We have definitely improved and must have some confidence.

Last season we had 20 points after 22 games but the thing that interests me is that Wigan were bottom with 15 points... We all know what happened to them.

Surely this proves its possible and we must have a better chance of staying up than Wigan did at the same point in last season.

QPR will not be relegated. on 11:48 - Jan 13 with 1649 viewsjonno

We have a reasonable chance of staying up I would say. The first thing any manager should do is to make a team difficult to beat and HR appears to have done that pretty quickly albeit with 10 men behind the ball a lot of the time, but certainly more organised. I suspect that if we had gone for the win yesterday in the last 15 mins, brought on Cisse or DJ for Park say, we might have nicked a goal. Cisse would certainly have been near the six yard box for an open goal when Fabio got forward near the end and put that ball across the goal. That surprised Tottenham who had got used to both our fullbacks staying back up to then pretty much. They looked quite dodgy at the back when we did attack them, but not enough and with nobody there to convert the chance. Not blaming HR, but I think he might decide to keep things tight but go more for the win if the game is a stalemate towards the end in future. As has been said, if we can just start scoring the occasional goal, especially take the lead in a game, now we seem able to defend pretty well we could suck teams in and catch them on the break as they look for an equaliser.
QPR will not be relegated. on 11:52 - Jan 13 with 1631 viewsdaveB

If we do good business in the transfer market this month and go into thew Norwich game no more than 6 points adrift then I think we can do it. Anymore points than that and it's going to need a miracle.
QPR will not be relegated. on 11:54 - Jan 13 with 1624 viewsWeaverQPR

Need to start beating the teams around us, Reading,Wigan,Villa,Soton.

@WeavQPR

QPR will not be relegated. on 12:12 - Jan 13 with 1590 viewsElHoop

I quite enjoyed the game yesterday, didnt find it boring like some reporters did. It was how it was always going to be if we did it right and we did.

I wouldn't say we are down or safe as there's so much that can happen but we have a chance now. The other teams immediately above us will probably assume that we will remain defensive and we probably will. If Spurs and Chelsea couldn't score then why should they? Most of the teams we are talking about aren't great defensively so with better players in the same system we should have a decent chance of securing enough points, but can we get the better players?
QPR will not be relegated. on 12:42 - Jan 13 with 1525 viewsHans_Punter

It's been great to be able to put the game on without the worry that we have gone a goal down within the first five minutes. We have a lot to do but the players look really positive. When Zamorra gets back to fitness I think he could save our season.

Its great to have a manager who passionately talks about the game and you can see that he cares. Hughes was such a waste of space and was a complete vacuum when it came to spirit.

Season 2011/2012 - The Four Game Ban

QPR will not be relegated. on 12:42 - Jan 13 with 1524 viewsMattnme

It would be great to think the op was right, sadly I still think it is very very unlikely. The team has improved massively under Harry but as things stand QPR are still effectively two wins off 17th and 3 wins off 16th. As yesterday proved other teams will pick up points. Yesterday was a great result against Spurs but QPR even with an unexpected result are still worse off than when the day started.
There is enough 6 pointers in there for the R's to turn it around but I think they are more liable to draw then win them. There is just not enough firepower to do it often enough.
Had hughes gone after the reading game I think things would've been slightly different. I don't think they would've lost to the saints and the improved form would've started earlier.
QPR will not be relegated. on 13:03 - Jan 13 with 1484 viewspomanjou

Absolutely right Kingy. With the new orgainisation and belief plus a couple of signings we have very chance.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

QPR will not be relegated. on 13:16 - Jan 13 with 1451 viewsDesertBoot

When we are set up to score rather than stifle, and get three points, then we really can stay up.
I think a draw next week then beat Norwich will really shake things up.

Wish I could be like David Watts

QPR will not be relegated. on 13:30 - Jan 13 with 1430 viewsMonahoop

QPR will not be relegated. on 11:54 - Jan 13 by WeaverQPR

Need to start beating the teams around us, Reading,Wigan,Villa,Soton.

Yes that was all too apparent last season. The club beat the best teams or gave them a good run for their money and then failed miserably against fellow strugglers or average sides. This season looks to be producing the same pattern.

Hoping still, but not confident of surviving. Agree with a few on here that Harry has made the team harder to beat, but that in itself is not enough I feel.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024