Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in Hayes - help required 15:12 - Feb 13 with 4049 viewsFFE

Afternoon,

Anyone suggest a 'decent' boozer near Hayes train station?

Cheers in advance.

I'm NOT the Fox

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 16:45 - Feb 13 with 3992 viewswombat

Hayes and decent pubs arent really two words used in the same sentence to be honest . dont think there are any near the station but one about 10 mins away up the main rd

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 3945 viewsytt28

The Vic on Nth Hyde Rd is okish, if you want to see some boobs and lapdancing etc.,
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 17:25 - Feb 13 with 3928 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Just out of interest, is that the "every lunchtime" one?
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 09:19 - Feb 14 with 3752 viewsjeffro

Botwell inn is "ok about 5 mins walk away from station
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 13:39 - Feb 14 with 3656 viewsbenbu

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 09:19 - Feb 14 by jeffro

Botwell inn is "ok about 5 mins walk away from station

do not even try this pub - a complete dive!

In all seriousness, there is a pub near the station called Captain Morgan on clayton road! I wouldnt try anywhere else thats walkable.
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 15:38 - Feb 14 with 3597 viewsFFE

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 13:39 - Feb 14 by benbu

In all seriousness, there is a pub near the station called Captain Morgan on clayton road! I wouldnt try anywhere else thats walkable.

Cheers for the heads up there benbu!

I'm NOT the Fox

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 15:41 - Feb 14 with 3591 viewsA40Bosh

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 13:39 - Feb 14 by benbu

I cant think of one in the whole of Hayes to be honest. Unless you class the far end by Hillingdon Hill as "Hayes" as some of them up that end are ok.

What is it with West London and a lack of "local" decent pubs now?
The Mrs will have to be sedated before she will go back into Hennessy's in Ruislip Manor for a while after blokes started smashing glasses in each others faces beside us a couple of weeks back when we went in for a "quiet pre-dinner drink".

Sweeney's in Ruislip is terrible and it's liable to kick off any time after 5:30pm and if not instead your ears get assaulted by rubbish over loud cover bands.

I can''t think of one decent pub in the whole area

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 17:00 - Feb 14 with 3551 viewswombat

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 15:41 - Feb 14 by A40Bosh

I cant think of one in the whole of Hayes to be honest. Unless you class the far end by Hillingdon Hill as "Hayes" as some of them up that end are ok.

The Mrs will have to be sedated before she will go back into Hennessy's in Ruislip Manor for a while after blokes started smashing glasses in each others faces beside us a couple of weeks back when we went in for a "quiet pre-dinner drink".

Sweeney's in Ruislip is terrible and it's liable to kick off any time after 5:30pm and if not instead your ears get assaulted by rubbish over loud cover bands.

as a dweller of hillingdon I can agree totally no decent pubs in hayes atall the grapes is fecking awful all of the ones near the station are awful

go into uxbridge and baroosh is a crap hole over priced food
the only semi decent pub is the 3 tons on the high street which is rangers

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 17:47 - Feb 14 with 3529 viewsoaklandr

The Dolphin in Uxbridge. Owner Noel is QPR
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 18:40 - Feb 14 with 3511 viewspaulparker

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 17:00 - Feb 14 by wombat

as a dweller of hillingdon I can agree totally no decent pubs in hayes atall the grapes is fecking awful all of the ones near the station are awful

go into uxbridge and baroosh is a crap hole over priced food
the only semi decent pub is the 3 tons on the high street which is rangers

The red lion near bishops holt school used to be good
Seem to recall Macca drinking in there on Sunday's

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 19:14 - Feb 14 with 3484 viewsBakes

Best pub in Hayes is The Brook House, id personally go to Ruislip, Sweeneys used to be a bit of a punch box but now it's ran by Martin Rowlands and his Father In Law who is Rangers. I was there on Saturday night, it was Lee Cook's Bday, few of the Orient players were in there along with Rowly, no trouble at all.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 10:08 - Feb 15 with 3361 viewsLuglessDouglas

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 15:41 - Feb 14 by A40Bosh

Agree with you regarding Hennessy's and Sweeny's, Bosh; but I can heartily recommend The Case is Altered in Eastcote (bottom of Cuckoo Hill). Even my wife likes it - and that's saying something! Nice old building with interssting features, good range of beers (including real ales), decent food, nice patio and garden area for the warmer months, and parking facilities as well.
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 14:41 - Feb 15 with 3310 viewsA40Bosh

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 10:08 - Feb 15 by LuglessDouglas

Agree with you regarding Hennessy's and Sweeny's, Bosh; but I can heartily recommend The Case is Altered in Eastcote (bottom of Cuckoo Hill). Even my wife likes it - and that's saying something! Nice old building with interssting features, good range of beers (including real ales), decent food, nice patio and garden area for the warmer months, and parking facilities as well.

I know what you mean about The Case mate, I was drinking in there since I was 17 and it was a great pub in the summer to sit outside in the garden with my mates. I keep forgetting about it these days to be honest. Probably because most of the time now, if me and the mrs are in a pub it is because it is near a curry house or perhaps a restaurant in Ruislip High St; whereas, except for the Indian which is part of the Eastcote Tennis Club across the road from The Case, there is not a lot else around to drag us over that way. Must remember to take a walk up there once the weather is a bit better one Saturday evening with herself and partake of a few. It is the nearest thing we have to a country pub on our doorstep.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 10:41 - Feb 17 with 3239 viewsLuglessDouglas

Pubs in Hayes - help required on 14:41 - Feb 15 by A40Bosh

I know what you mean about The Case mate, I was drinking in there since I was 17 and it was a great pub in the summer to sit outside in the garden with my mates. I keep forgetting about it these days to be honest. Probably because most of the time now, if me and the mrs are in a pub it is because it is near a curry house or perhaps a restaurant in Ruislip High St; whereas, except for the Indian which is part of the Eastcote Tennis Club across the road from The Case, there is not a lot else around to drag us over that way. Must remember to take a walk up there once the weather is a bit better one Saturday evening with herself and partake of a few. It is the nearest thing we have to a country pub on our doorstep.

One thing that might drag you towards The Case is an Indian restaurant that opened nearby a few years back. It revels in the glorious name of the "Ahjee Bhajee" and it's not at all bad. It's located at Black Horse Parade (the small parade of shops next to The Black Horse pub and opposite the large petrol station) in Eastcote Road. Needless to say, it's licensed, but I believe they also let you take your own wine along without charge, should you prefer to. You never know, you might be in for a good night out that will suit both you and the wife.
Pubs in Hayes - help required on 02:27 - Feb 18 with 3168 viewsSonofNorfolt

The Black Horse in Greenford is a good boozer, the only reason I say this is that it is about as near to Hayes station as some of the other pubs mentioned!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024