Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you pay current ST prices........ 12:25 - Apr 5 with 2228 viewsjeffro

If it meant a majority of the players were to stay ....

M'bia
Taarabt
Zamora
Johnson
Samba
Green
Hoilett

Obv Remy, cesar will leave anyway.

And we would have a real go and give our selves the very best chance of an immediate return to the Premiership?

Or would you rather all leave, we get rid of the likes of Park & Boswinga on Free's but ticket prices lowered and we were just a champiuonship side wit parachute money?

Personally im happy to pay the same, and keep the decent players for promotion. but thats just me, what about you?
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:26 - Apr 5 with 2221 viewsRangersw12

No , it was the board who decided to pay the stupid wages so why should we the fans be saddled with the bill

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:43 - Apr 5 with 2181 viewswestolian

I couldn't afford this years ST prices for me and 2 boys, let alone paying that price to watch Championship football.

Although, I suppose some wags would argue we are currently playing Championship standard football.

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:44 - Apr 5 with 2180 viewsNeil_SI

The squad needs surgery whatever division we're in, and whatever anybody pays, but I think the Club need to be really careful about how they handle this.

There's been a lot of mixed messages over the years and there are still an awful lot of die hard Rangers fans who are now priced out of going to Loftus Road, who historically had always been there for the Club.

The Club will also try to play the PR game. Amit Bhatia resigned over the season ticket prices, but then returned, yet they are still the same. We were told that Tony Fernandes was reducing the prices, but instead it was a voucher that needed to be spent in the Club shop and before Christmas, just before the sales kicked in.

These kind of tactics do stick in the memory of supporters. The cost of football on the whole is just too expensive, but the Club will speak about the need to be competitive and do similar to other Club's, irrespective of the quality or facilities, or the superior experiences those teams may offer.

But as ever, if you don't like it, the best way to vote is with your feet, as it's really the only way to get the message across and in a language they understand. While many of the board may not be football men or understand the game as well as we'd like, they do understand business and money and money talks for them.

From a personal point of view, it's about the Club and how it's shaping itself up for the future, from its on and off the field strategy. We have a proud history and tradition that the Club in its current form is not meeting and for that, whatever the division we're in, makes me feel restless.

I do not care about players or staff coming and going, it's normal in the event of relegation, but what I do care is that the Club have planned and prepared a contingency plan in the event of that happening. It should already have targets lined up to replace players if that eventuality occurred. It should already have a development model in place for the progression of all of its players from youths to seniors, to show that they can move players along the chain and fill in where appropriate and necessary.

It should already know what style of football it wants to play and what it's footballing philosophy and culture is, so that all players coming here know and understand what we are all about, what they can expect, and how they can expect to evolve at the club, both in terms of personal development and salary.

But, we're such a long way from that point and we've made so many crass mistakes that it will take a long time to sort out, if ever, as we've continued the theme in January with our huge spending.

For some, that will lead them to say "I'm not paying for this until it's done properly" and for others, it will be about the level of football and "I'm not paying this for the Championship".

These decisions tend to affect the soul of the Club as well, which is why they have to be handled with such care, but often you sense that the current owners and previous owners never understood well enough (or cared) about that, when they bloody well should.
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:52 - Apr 5 with 2155 viewsCharlie1

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:44 - Apr 5 by Neil_SI

The squad needs surgery whatever division we're in, and whatever anybody pays, but I think the Club need to be really careful about how they handle this.

There's been a lot of mixed messages over the years and there are still an awful lot of die hard Rangers fans who are now priced out of going to Loftus Road, who historically had always been there for the Club.

The Club will also try to play the PR game. Amit Bhatia resigned over the season ticket prices, but then returned, yet they are still the same. We were told that Tony Fernandes was reducing the prices, but instead it was a voucher that needed to be spent in the Club shop and before Christmas, just before the sales kicked in.

These kind of tactics do stick in the memory of supporters. The cost of football on the whole is just too expensive, but the Club will speak about the need to be competitive and do similar to other Club's, irrespective of the quality or facilities, or the superior experiences those teams may offer.

But as ever, if you don't like it, the best way to vote is with your feet, as it's really the only way to get the message across and in a language they understand. While many of the board may not be football men or understand the game as well as we'd like, they do understand business and money and money talks for them.

From a personal point of view, it's about the Club and how it's shaping itself up for the future, from its on and off the field strategy. We have a proud history and tradition that the Club in its current form is not meeting and for that, whatever the division we're in, makes me feel restless.

I do not care about players or staff coming and going, it's normal in the event of relegation, but what I do care is that the Club have planned and prepared a contingency plan in the event of that happening. It should already have targets lined up to replace players if that eventuality occurred. It should already have a development model in place for the progression of all of its players from youths to seniors, to show that they can move players along the chain and fill in where appropriate and necessary.

It should already know what style of football it wants to play and what it's footballing philosophy and culture is, so that all players coming here know and understand what we are all about, what they can expect, and how they can expect to evolve at the club, both in terms of personal development and salary.

But, we're such a long way from that point and we've made so many crass mistakes that it will take a long time to sort out, if ever, as we've continued the theme in January with our huge spending.

For some, that will lead them to say "I'm not paying for this until it's done properly" and for others, it will be about the level of football and "I'm not paying this for the Championship".

These decisions tend to affect the soul of the Club as well, which is why they have to be handled with such care, but often you sense that the current owners and previous owners never understood well enough (or cared) about that, when they bloody well should.

So, is that a yes or a no?!

2:59 baby!

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:56 - Apr 5 with 2151 viewswestolian

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:44 - Apr 5 by Neil_SI

Neil, in your opinion, do you think that the powers that be actually think we will sell out every home game in the Championship ? Worryingly, i think they do.

Surely they would know attendances would drop to the standard 13k mark ! Maybe lower if they keep the prices at current levels.

My worry is on the playing side. We seem to have a cobbled together side that has had no real thought about shape / balance etc.

Whilst that is understandable with the MH and HR transition, we will need to make sure that we have a settled Management team and squad all prepared for the Championship - otherwise we will struggle to get out of it !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 13:00 - Apr 5 with 2130 viewsdaveB

as ever an excellent post by Neil agree with all of that
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 13:00 - Apr 5 with 2129 viewsJuzzie

Would I pay current ST prices for those players listed in the OP? No way!

We rarely sold out in our Championship winning season even when we were 9 points clear. Can't see us averaging more than 16k.

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 13:03 - Apr 5 with 2120 viewsRANGERS4EVER

No. I will only get a ST next year if the price drops. If it stays the same, its to much for the Championship , no matter what team we have got

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 13:06 - Apr 5 with 2111 viewsngbqpr

Problem is, what they do know is that football fans are uniquely different to 'customers' in other areas. In some ways, those of us who support the 90% of clubs that rarely win anything are even more unique. Every season is seen as the one where we might just do something special / different / exciting.

After years of stomaching each successive price rise, I decided not to renew for 2010-11, but instead to pick & choose games. About 3-4 games in, I sensed things were looking good...STs (reduced pro-rata) could still be bought, so as I couldn't afford my old seats (which had become gold) I bought silver. Had we started a bit more slowly but still been near the top, I've no doubt that decision may have been delayed, but I'd have bought a half season ticket.

Let's face it, it's an addiction - and most of us will always find ways to try to afford it, for better or worse

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 13:17 - Apr 5 with 2088 viewskingo

Yes. I have always bought an ST for me and my boys and I don't see any major reason to change that habit now.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 13:44 - Apr 5 with 2053 viewsCharlie1

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:56 - Apr 5 by westolian

Neil, in your opinion, do you think that the powers that be actually think we will sell out every home game in the Championship ? Worryingly, i think they do.

Surely they would know attendances would drop to the standard 13k mark ! Maybe lower if they keep the prices at current levels.

My worry is on the playing side. We seem to have a cobbled together side that has had no real thought about shape / balance etc.

Whilst that is understandable with the MH and HR transition, we will need to make sure that we have a settled Management team and squad all prepared for the Championship - otherwise we will struggle to get out of it !

If we keep Park, the empty seats will be filled with Korean war refugees.

Sadly, that's probably the plan.

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 15:15 - Apr 5 with 1977 viewsNeil_SI

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 12:56 - Apr 5 by westolian

I'm not sure, it's unlikely but it's more to do with principle and understanding the impact on price versus mood. It causes apathy, anger and resentment in a way that's difficult to recover from if it's not done right.

You want a club that shows consideration, respect and care for its supporters. Not to hide behind the pack and follow what others are generally doing as an excuse. Show some innovation. Show you can lead the pack and stand up for what is really right.

Even if we did well and stormed it next season, there will always be that upset lurking underneath if the price isn't right.

As for me, earlier this season I had the reverse logic. My feeling was that if QPR survived, it was more likely I would not renew even if the price remained the same or less, because I'm not convinced they would learn from their mistakes, just like last season. But I was more likely to renew if they went down and they ate a bit of humble pie. They've had their play time now, treated it like a playground and they've made a pigs ear of it. As far as I'm concerned they've made themselves look like right idiots. Fine, now move on and start doing it properly. It's not too late to turn it around.

But this is the last chance. Another catastrophic failure on the scale of the last 18 months will see many of these people go down in history as some of the worst performing to govern a football club, pound for pound, and potentially be very unwelcome in W12.

That would be a shame considering how easy it actually is to do the right thing with the resources they have. If you do the right stuff the football side will naturally take care of itself.

Charlie1 -
I shall wait and see. How the Club behaves and handles this kind of stuff will dictate whether the first time in my lifetime that I make a stand for what I believe in. It's gone beyond being about money for me.

But then, will the message even get across considering how little they understand the fan base? If you are able to turn someone like me off from coming, then wow, you've seriously made a mess of it. I know I go on a lot sometimes, but I just love football of any kind, at any level.

I can afford to go, but in years gone by I used to give my money to the club game by game, because I felt they needed it and wanted them to have it. I'd buy stuff for the sake of it when we were in administration and the years after.

There have been years back in the day when I couldn't afford it, and was so grateful to those friends who cobbled money together to help me attend. There were years when my Dad and family couldn't afford it, to the point when I was about nine, where my Dad walked me up to the gate and said "go on son" and let me go alone because he knew how much I loved it, but that he couldn't afford it anymore himself and which started the years of me attending alone as a boy - and the look of sorrow on his face lives with me till this day. And that was back when prices were much lower than now and if anything, my parents are far poorer today than they were even back then.

I'm not from a wealthy family by any means, and while I can afford it now, I know so many who can't and still can't even if the prices are lowered.
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 15:36 - Apr 5 with 1947 viewsYorkRanger

The speculation on crowd levels is interesting. I believe that irrespective of ticket prices, there will be a whole raft of games next season where the crowd level hovers between 12,000 and 14,000.

Doncaster Rovers at home on Tuesday night - c12,000 if we are doing sh1te in the league and c14,000 (maybe closer to 15,000) if we are doing a flyer.

We all know that once we are back in the Championship we will be back to a hard core support. Even more reason for the Board to think very carefully about their pricing strategy as even the hard core can walk away...
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 16:44 - Apr 5 with 1880 viewsEsgaroth

Its not "just" the price of a season ticket you have to take into consideration, getting there and back every other week is costing a sodding fortune in fuel, then there's food and drink and then we have to do it all again for our usual solitary round of the cup competitions should we get drawn at home.

I will need to think long and hard before renewing this time round. For the first time in 25 years i'm considering saying no and just hand picking my games until the half season prices are released

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 16:53 - Apr 5 with 1866 viewsohwestLDN

No way, as said before we were the only ones voicing concern when signing these players on the wages they are on for a club of our size. When the inevitable tits up happens why should we be the ones to bear the brunt yet agin. The board have made way too many mistakes in the last couple of years, make another and it will be the final straw for a great number of season ticket holders. All this spout from Tony and co about our books being in a healthy position could come back to bite him on the arse if he is taking the fans future loyalty for granted. I think were one of the only London clubs to offer a early bird dicount once the current season is over, what's bloody early bird about that??!!
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 17:03 - Apr 5 with 1851 viewsJuzzie

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 16:44 - Apr 5 by Esgaroth

Its not "just" the price of a season ticket you have to take into consideration, getting there and back every other week is costing a sodding fortune in fuel, then there's food and drink and then we have to do it all again for our usual solitary round of the cup competitions should we get drawn at home.

I will need to think long and hard before renewing this time round. For the first time in 25 years i'm considering saying no and just hand picking my games until the half season prices are released

Exactly, and this is was Briatore completey missed out with his insulting "£20" comment. Apart from the fact there were less than 500 seats @ £20, they never factor in people have to pay travelling costs, food & drink, etc etc.

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 17:07 - Apr 5 with 1847 viewsjeffro

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 16:53 - Apr 5 by ohwestLDN

No way, as said before we were the only ones voicing concern when signing these players on the wages they are on for a club of our size. When the inevitable tits up happens why should we be the ones to bear the brunt yet agin. The board have made way too many mistakes in the last couple of years, make another and it will be the final straw for a great number of season ticket holders. All this spout from Tony and co about our books being in a healthy position could come back to bite him on the arse if he is taking the fans future loyalty for granted. I think were one of the only London clubs to offer a early bird dicount once the current season is over, what's bloody early bird about that??!!

But the 100 pound you pay extra x 11000 fans probably doesnt even pay SWP wages for 3 months, let alone all the other players which they have paid for out of their own pockets.

Our ST money makes no difference really, its more a gesture to say we will do our bit whilst they spend millions out of their own pocket.
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 17:13 - Apr 5 with 1839 viewsCharlie1

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 15:15 - Apr 5 by Neil_SI

I'm not sure, it's unlikely but it's more to do with principle and understanding the impact on price versus mood. It causes apathy, anger and resentment in a way that's difficult to recover from if it's not done right.

You want a club that shows consideration, respect and care for its supporters. Not to hide behind the pack and follow what others are generally doing as an excuse. Show some innovation. Show you can lead the pack and stand up for what is really right.

Even if we did well and stormed it next season, there will always be that upset lurking underneath if the price isn't right.

As for me, earlier this season I had the reverse logic. My feeling was that if QPR survived, it was more likely I would not renew even if the price remained the same or less, because I'm not convinced they would learn from their mistakes, just like last season. But I was more likely to renew if they went down and they ate a bit of humble pie. They've had their play time now, treated it like a playground and they've made a pigs ear of it. As far as I'm concerned they've made themselves look like right idiots. Fine, now move on and start doing it properly. It's not too late to turn it around.

But this is the last chance. Another catastrophic failure on the scale of the last 18 months will see many of these people go down in history as some of the worst performing to govern a football club, pound for pound, and potentially be very unwelcome in W12.

That would be a shame considering how easy it actually is to do the right thing with the resources they have. If you do the right stuff the football side will naturally take care of itself.

Charlie1 -
I shall wait and see. How the Club behaves and handles this kind of stuff will dictate whether the first time in my lifetime that I make a stand for what I believe in. It's gone beyond being about money for me.

But then, will the message even get across considering how little they understand the fan base? If you are able to turn someone like me off from coming, then wow, you've seriously made a mess of it. I know I go on a lot sometimes, but I just love football of any kind, at any level.

I can afford to go, but in years gone by I used to give my money to the club game by game, because I felt they needed it and wanted them to have it. I'd buy stuff for the sake of it when we were in administration and the years after.

There have been years back in the day when I couldn't afford it, and was so grateful to those friends who cobbled money together to help me attend. There were years when my Dad and family couldn't afford it, to the point when I was about nine, where my Dad walked me up to the gate and said "go on son" and let me go alone because he knew how much I loved it, but that he couldn't afford it anymore himself and which started the years of me attending alone as a boy - and the look of sorrow on his face lives with me till this day. And that was back when prices were much lower than now and if anything, my parents are far poorer today than they were even back then.

I'm not from a wealthy family by any means, and while I can afford it now, I know so many who can't and still can't even if the prices are lowered.

I was mucking around Neil!

I agree - you've hit the nail on the head. And we've had this conversation a few times especially when others have sunk too many Peroni's

I'm seriously thinking about it - prices will dictate. Pure and simply - and in both divisions.

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 17:23 - Apr 5 with 1822 viewsted_hendrix

Yes I'd pay the current ST price for next season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 17:25 - Apr 5 with 1821 viewsAntti_Heinola

Neil, there was a voucher last season, which was only sensible. Anything else would have been problematic. Then this season the prices remained the same taking into account the voucher. Prices DID drop, in effect, from where they were the season before from prior to the voucher, by £50 if memory serves.

Next season, there are 4 more games, so the club needs to decide what to do. A further drop of at least £100 would seem sensible to ensure higher gates, but they may gamble. Fact is, fans go if the team is winning. It's that simple. Witness the thousands that came out the woodwork for the Leeds game 2 years ago. Where were they when we were getting 12000 at the start of that season v Scunthorpe or 14500 v highly fancied Boro a couple of weeks later?

Bare bones.

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 18:01 - Apr 5 with 1788 viewsNorthernr

1 - If we kept all of those players on the current money in the Championship then whether people paid £400 or £600 for a season ticket would be an absolute drop in the ocean.

2 - If all these players are so fcking terrific, why are we going to the Championship in the first place?
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 18:10 - Apr 5 with 1774 viewsHayesender

I will probably stamp my feet and throw a strop while being adamant I won't pay these stupid prices.

Then being the mug that I am, will give in at the last minute and renew, much to the discust of my missus

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 15:38 - Apr 6 with 1663 viewsTGRRRSSS

How could the club show innovation as Neil (Superb Post Neil superb) talks about, I agree with everything he says and I wonder if the club needs someone on the staff who's role is basically a supporters co ordinator who also has say in sales, marketing etc and looking at everything as regards the Matchday experience that many clubs talk about but few really address it.
Part of the reason for this is fans tolerate incompetance (at RAngers for years really) in their stride when results on the pitch are going well, when they are not they get angry as Neil says about apathy anger etc can be hard to shake even if things improve.
I do think such a role would be alot for one person and it would need to be integrated within the managment of the club and dialogue between fan groups - diffuclt at times I know) but also with the management of all thing regarding the "club" as opposed to the team/sqaud affairs.
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 16:04 - Apr 6 with 1633 viewsthemodfather

Would you pay current ST prices........ on 15:38 - Apr 6 by TGRRRSSS

How could the club show innovation as Neil (Superb Post Neil superb) talks about, I agree with everything he says and I wonder if the club needs someone on the staff who's role is basically a supporters co ordinator who also has say in sales, marketing etc and looking at everything as regards the Matchday experience that many clubs talk about but few really address it.
Part of the reason for this is fans tolerate incompetance (at RAngers for years really) in their stride when results on the pitch are going well, when they are not they get angry as Neil says about apathy anger etc can be hard to shake even if things improve.
I do think such a role would be alot for one person and it would need to be integrated within the managment of the club and dialogue between fan groups - diffuclt at times I know) but also with the management of all thing regarding the "club" as opposed to the team/sqaud affairs.

back to an original point...would i pay the same season tkt price to keep some of the squad?
well...NO, COS THEY HAVE TAKEN US DOWN, so many gutless performances ( which have improved but)
rebuild and start again.
any team needs a "spine" going up last time it was
kenny ( goal) derry,hill and adel with some decent routledge games ( why did we sign, sell and let him go endlessly??_)
Would you pay current ST prices........ on 16:07 - Apr 6 with 1628 viewsAgedR

I probably will pay the same price, but, not to ensure the current crop of failures remain.

On the wider point, there is some evidence that the club are, all be it in a unbelievably hamfisted way, beginning to listen; the cup pricing for MK Dons, after the uproar regarding the WBA game and the recent fans forum being examples of this.

The concern is how completely out of touch and amateurish the general club policy has been and I really hope this does change. We keep hearing how they are all great business men, but, their actions have been mostly knee jerk.

They should be reading this and other forum, engaging with fan groups and researching their customer base. Obviously TV money is the biggest earner, but, the supporter spend and loyalty is essential to the culture and well being of the club. As I said, I hope the club realise this or we really are in trouble.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024