Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hughes statement 11:59 - May 30 with 7341 viewsgordanoR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22715923

"I was given the task of keeping them in the Premier League and thankfully I did that. Twelve games later though I lost my job, because we didn't get the results we wanted at that time."

Surely that last part should read "because I didn't get the results" cnt.
Hughes statement on 12:01 - May 30 with 5774 viewstoboboly

I hate that man, SOOOO much.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Hughes statement on 12:02 - May 30 with 5738 viewsJuzzie

Jesus wept.... he keeps banging on about keeping us up.

Yes, yes, yes, we know. That was what you were brought in for.

However Mark, you also said "we will never be in this position again whilst I'm in charge" implying you actualyl had a further task the following season. You job wasn't simply to keep us up.

You failed to get us in a position other than the bottom 3. Spectacularly. Your fault, no one elses. That's why you were sacked. Comprende?

Hughes statement on 12:06 - May 30 with 5708 viewsJAPRANGERS

new mangler of stjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjoke????????????????????

Hughes statement on 12:24 - May 30 with 5629 viewsJuzzie

Should we bombard Stoke message boards in the way Saints fans have with us over 'arry?

Oh, hang on, we're better than that.

Anyway, lets Stoke fans find out for themselves!
Hughes statement on 12:26 - May 30 with 5613 viewsHollowayRanger

mark hughes didnt keep us up

stoke did!!!!

and hughes is their reward!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hughes statement on 12:27 - May 30 with 5612 viewsYorkRanger

Frankly if that relieves us of a financial liability then I'm delighted.
Hughes statement on 12:30 - May 30 with 5586 viewsJuzzie

Hughes statement on 12:26 - May 30 by HollowayRanger

stoke did!!!!

That's agood point! Us beating Stoke at the death (with Crouchy ducking as the ball was crossed in) and not losing to Bolton the following week kept us up.

Now they've taken Hughes off our wage bill, we should be thanking them for both!

Hughes statement on 12:38 - May 30 with 5540 viewsqprdan

What an arse that man is..
Login to get fewer ads

Hughes statement on 13:57 - May 30 with 5323 viewsBostonR

Football is crazy!

You could argue that the Stoke squad he is taking on is not as good as the R's squad he got sacked from. Pullis worked wonders with the limited ability he had and I can only see them being in deep trouble with Hughes there.
If the fixture list is un-kind to them, he could be out of a job by November. Stoke will be relegated next season, and I am putting money on it.
Hughes statement on 14:21 - May 30 with 5261 viewstoboboly

"I can only take the club forward as I know and my philosophy is to play football, play good football, make chances and make it entertaining for the fans who pay good money to come and see us."

When did that ever happen at ours?

Hughes statement on 14:25 - May 30 with 5235 viewsRed_Ranger

stoke did!!!!

the irony of it all.
Hughes statement on 14:26 - May 30 with 5225 viewsadhoc_qpr

Didn't win one away game, didn't win any game at all this season - nothing else to say!
Hughes statement on 14:27 - May 30 with 5223 viewsWokingR

Hughes statement on 14:21 - May 30 by toboboly

"I can only take the club forward as I know and my philosophy is to play football, play good football, make chances and make it entertaining for the fans who pay good money to come and see us."

When did that ever happen at ours?

He also said he has learned from his mistakes but then goes on to say he would have turned things around given more time.
Make your bloody mind up. Either you admit that you cocked it up or you believe that you were doing it right and things would have come good.
The problem with Hughes is that it meant nothing to him. He freely admitted that our problems weren't costing him any sleep and the relegation didn't affect him either.
Tosser
Hughes statement on 14:53 - May 30 with 5156 viewsdavman

He had money to spend here and failed miserably. As with everything in football, memories are short. If I had failed as spectacularly as that Welsh p ric k in my last job and other prospective employers knew about it, I would bed out of work for a long, long time.

You watch him take them into the top ten next season; that would be just our luck!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hughes statement on 15:09 - May 30 with 5095 viewsgordanoR

Hughes statement on 15:12 - May 30 with 5075 viewsDesertBoot

Wonder how long before Comical Bowen is defending Hughes to the fans.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Hughes statement on 15:13 - May 30 with 5072 viewstoboboly

Hughes statement on 15:12 - May 30 by DesertBoot

Wonder how long before Comical Bowen is defending Hughes to the fans.

"But we don't do defence training"

Hughes statement on 16:18 - May 30 with 4966 viewssevenhoop

Hughes statement on 14:53 - May 30 by davman

He had money to spend here and failed miserably. As with everything in football, memories are short. If I had failed as spectacularly as that Welsh p ric k in my last job and other prospective employers knew about it, I would bed out of work for a long, long time.

You watch him take them into the top ten next season; that would be just our luck!

"You watch him take them into the top ten next season; that would be just our luck!"

if he shows the same lack of interest, dodgy transfers (with, it seems, more than one eye on who the agent is), lack of organisiation (how was it that we started almost every match in absolute shite fashion when he had all week to work with them?!), the same ability to be the biggest ever tosser to manage our team, then, no chance!
Hughes statement on 17:33 - May 30 with 4856 viewsBromleyHoop

Hughes said: "There is solid ownership at the club (Stoke) and you need that behind you to give yourself an opportunity to be successful."

A clear dig at Fernandez. He bit the hand that fed him and then blames the hand.

An odios, self promoting, classless kehunt.

He'll do great at Stoke.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Hughes statement on 18:17 - May 30 with 4780 viewsWallyRanger

Hughes statement on 17:33 - May 30 by BromleyHoop

Hughes said: "There is solid ownership at the club (Stoke) and you need that behind you to give yourself an opportunity to be successful."

A clear dig at Fernandez. He bit the hand that fed him and then blames the hand.

An odios, self promoting, classless kehunt.

He'll do great at Stoke.

This!
Hugheless is an absolute c*nt, the guy is rewriting history, conveniently airbrushing out the (incompetent) role he played at our club and shifts the blame onto the owners, who'd given him full backing and a clean slate to work with. But it's not his fault for wasting that.
Hughes statement on 19:10 - May 30 with 4721 viewsderbyhoop

I fail to see how he can shift the blame to a high turnover of managers. He got more support from the board than any previous manager in recent years - both in terms of money and verbal support. Basically it was like giving a kid the keys to a candy store.

Sure, QPR as a club, have serious structural problems, but that is what he wanted to take on. His mate, Rigg, did implement some big (and expensive) changes, which may pay off in the long run.
The concentration, especially after the previous year's narrow escape, needed to be on the first team. But, the more players he brought in, the worse the squad got. It was disjointed, unbalanced and there was a clear split between the longer serving players and Hughes' recruits. All this was exacerbated by the man's arrogance.

He had every opportunity at LR but he blew it big time.
If he's learnt from his mistakes, and the Stoke board keep a much tighter rein on his decisions, they may be OK. The smart money would be that his arrogance will get the better of him and a poor PL side becomes a very poor one.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Hughes statement on 19:26 - May 30 with 4689 viewsCiderwithRsie

He says he wants to entertain.

So far so good. I've been laughing ever since I heard they'd signed him.
Hughes statement on 20:37 - May 30 with 4619 viewsDesertBoot

Hughes statement on 18:17 - May 30 by WallyRanger

This!
Hugheless is an absolute c*nt, the guy is rewriting history, conveniently airbrushing out the (incompetent) role he played at our club and shifts the blame onto the owners, who'd given him full backing and a clean slate to work with. But it's not his fault for wasting that.

He was given the keys to the club and the PIN to our millions. And he still fecking failed!

Wish I could be like David Watts

Hughes statement on 21:55 - May 30 with 4535 viewsYorkRanger

I'm happy to now move on. He has a blot on his record that he will never remove and he can spin it as much as he likes
Hughes statement on 22:23 - May 30 with 4488 viewsnewgolddream

stoke did!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024