Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park 10:58 - Jul 9 with 2947 viewsjeffro

£275 the pair - anyone interested?

Let me know
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 11:15 - Jul 9 with 2927 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

You're having a laugh.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 11:54 - Jul 9 with 2873 viewsjeffro

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 11:15 - Jul 9 by Kendo_Nagasaki

You're having a laugh.

Nope - SOLD.
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 12:52 - Jul 9 with 2798 viewsJuzzie

Concert prices are getting like football tickets and ridiculously overpriced. Demand driven and piss taking. I don't care they may be dead or unable to gig in 10 years, I wouldn't pay £275 just to say "I've seen them".

My mum saw them at Reading University around the mid-60's and probably cost her 2s 6d.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 13:17 - Jul 9 with 2762 viewsjeffro

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 12:52 - Jul 9 by Juzzie

Concert prices are getting like football tickets and ridiculously overpriced. Demand driven and piss taking. I don't care they may be dead or unable to gig in 10 years, I wouldn't pay £275 just to say "I've seen them".

My mum saw them at Reading University around the mid-60's and probably cost her 2s 6d.

Nor would I pay it, a mate was selling and I said Id help, they sold within 5 mins so someone out there was desperate to see them.
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 15:00 - Jul 9 with 2695 viewssimmo

Ridiculous. Rolling Stones sponsored by Mastercard. Corporate cocksuckers.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 17:11 - Jul 9 with 2633 viewsElHoop

Elton John has cancelled Friday's gig so it's free now if you get in quick - Ray Davies, Elvis Costello etc

http://barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?c=1&lid=8210
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 18:06 - Jul 9 with 2601 viewslondonscottish

Nice one - I've always wanted to see Elvis Costello.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 18:15 - Jul 9 with 2592 viewslondonscottish

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 17:11 - Jul 9 by ElHoop

Elton John has cancelled Friday's gig so it's free now if you get in quick - Ray Davies, Elvis Costello etc

http://barclaycardbritishsummertime.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?c=1&lid=8210

Managed to get two 10 mins ago - tried for a couple more a minute ago and no joy.

Fingers crossed I'm taking the Mrs to see Elvis Costello for free on Friday night.

I'm a Scotsman, it's my birthday and it's free.

Perfect :-)

Login to get fewer ads

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 18:21 - Jul 9 with 2584 viewsElHoop

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 18:15 - Jul 9 by londonscottish

Managed to get two 10 mins ago - tried for a couple more a minute ago and no joy.

Fingers crossed I'm taking the Mrs to see Elvis Costello for free on Friday night.

I'm a Scotsman, it's my birthday and it's free.

Perfect :-)

Tight git haha. I'd have gone too but we'll be on holiday by then.

Saw Elvis many moons ago at the Dominion Tottenham Court Road - that's probably another venue which doesn't exist any more.
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 22:16 - Jul 9 with 2517 viewsjonno

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 12:52 - Jul 9 by Juzzie

It's because they no longer make any money from record sales - they can only make money from gigs, hence the ramp up in ticket prices over the last 10 years or so. It used to be the complete opposite - record sales subsidised ticket prices, and bands would actually lose money on tours but it was a way to sell records. If you compare ticket prices and album prices from the 70's say - an album would be 3/4 times the price of a ticket. Now a ticket is usually a number of times more than a CD.
Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 09:06 - Jul 10 with 2461 viewsderbyhoop

Saw Kings of Leon last night at LG Arena. Good gig, but tickets £45 each and the seats were nearly in Lichfield. Couldn't understand a word he said between songs.

Wanted to go see Arctic Monkeys later in year but forgot the tickets were on sale until 5pm. Couldn't get them for love or money.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 09:25 - Jul 10 with 2445 viewsBlackCrowe

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 22:16 - Jul 9 by jonno

It's because they no longer make any money from record sales - they can only make money from gigs, hence the ramp up in ticket prices over the last 10 years or so. It used to be the complete opposite - record sales subsidised ticket prices, and bands would actually lose money on tours but it was a way to sell records. If you compare ticket prices and album prices from the 70's say - an album would be 3/4 times the price of a ticket. Now a ticket is usually a number of times more than a CD.

Exactly this. Before MP3 and downloading, concert tickets were acceptably priced.

Those that fileshare or get their music for free in other ways cannot have any complaints about ticket prices whatsoever.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 09:41 - Jul 10 with 2437 viewslondonscottish

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 09:06 - Jul 10 by derbyhoop

Saw Kings of Leon last night at LG Arena. Good gig, but tickets £45 each and the seats were nearly in Lichfield. Couldn't understand a word he said between songs.

Wanted to go see Arctic Monkeys later in year but forgot the tickets were on sale until 5pm. Couldn't get them for love or money.

I've never been a fan of huge venues. My theory about Elvis Costello and Hyde Park is that me and the Mrs can get down the front more easily as there are just two of us.

Went to the Olympics opening and closing concerts last year and because there were 7 or 8 of us always ended up quite far back.

The music was fine but it all felt a bit remote.

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 12:50 - Jul 10 with 2377 viewsQPunkR

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 18:06 - Jul 9 by londonscottish

Nice one - I've always wanted to see Elvis Costello.

I'm seeing his brother in the BibleCode Sundays in my local on Fri night!

Only a fiver an' all, (which actually goes to MacMillan Cancer Research)

QPR - "shit but local"

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 08:12 - Jul 14 with 2294 viewslondonscottish

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 18:21 - Jul 9 by ElHoop

Tight git haha. I'd have gone too but we'll be on holiday by then.

Saw Elvis many moons ago at the Dominion Tottenham Court Road - that's probably another venue which doesn't exist any more.

Thanks for the tip Elhoop.

In the end I got six tickets for mates and we were joined by two more. Couldn't get there until just before 8 - just as Elvis Costello was finishing (?!).

Set up near the front for Ray Davis who was excellent. Everyone had a blast.

Oddly enough one of the dads from school was the drummer. I knew he was some sort of muso but had no idea he played with Feeder, Ray Davis, James Brown, etc. Must congratulate him when I next see him

http://www.mikedolbear.com/story.asp?storyID=2860

After the gig we ended up ended up at the Mason's Arms on the Harrow Road. Bumped in a random fella I'd met in the queue for burgers in Hyde Park earlier.

Ended up dancing to some great choons then stumbled happily off home.

It was a fantastic way to celebrate my birthday so thanks again for the tip.

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 08:22 - Jul 14 with 2289 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I miss the old BBC box at the Albert Hall (tickets by ballot for applicants) Saw the Black Crowes and Deep Purple doing John Lord's 1968 symphony with an Orchestra for the princely sum of £5 each.

For the big bands tickets are just too dear now. Maiden at the 02 the only tickets left are at the back and the top tier...over £40 bugger that, last time I was in the VIP area for free.

Does anyone go to the Windmill Brixton? Great venue and cheap.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 20:44 - Jul 14 with 2193 viewsSomersetHoops

I saw the Stones before they were good for free I certainly wouldn't pay more than a fiver to see them after they were good.

Who's Next?

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 00:22 - Jul 15 with 2137 viewsBluce_Ree

Rolling Stones Tickets x2 - For Saturday 13th July - Hyde Park on 09:25 - Jul 10 by BlackCrowe

Exactly this. Before MP3 and downloading, concert tickets were acceptably priced.

Those that fileshare or get their music for free in other ways cannot have any complaints about ticket prices whatsoever.

Yeah cos the Stones don't have enough money. £275. Have those c*nts even released an album in the last ten years?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024