Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sacked in the morning 22:40 - Oct 21 with 12241 viewssix_foot_two

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=138447%C3%A7

Good Championship manager but not cut out for the premiership.
sacked in the morning on 21:21 - Oct 23 with 1474 viewskensalriser

sacked in the morning on 14:41 - Oct 22 by Antti_Heinola

Except Hull have 11 points with a manager I'm sure most people would not want at their club. But Olly's funny and does good quotes, so none of it is his fault.
Of course, Hull could still go down - we had 11 points at around this stage last season and were in 9th and things looked hopeful... (in the end they were, I know, but we were on the brink of a dreadful run).

Think we had more like 3 points this time last season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

sacked in the morning on 22:44 - Oct 23 with 1419 viewsloftboy

That well respected journalist (cough cough) Paul smith of the mirror reckons Dyche is in with a shout, let's hope some speculation unsettles Burnley.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

sacked in the morning on 23:11 - Oct 23 with 1394 viewsdavman

sacked in the morning on 08:51 - Oct 22 by QPR_John

On what do you base your belief that Holloway would get us promoted and keep us in the Premier League.

Just to make things even more controversial, who cares if we don't go up to that f-in cash cow; life was better following the Rs under Olly even if we were down on our luck. Fun; anyone remember that? Never forget where Olly had to start from - SEVEN players on our books.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:15 - Oct 23 with 1393 viewsdavman

sacked in the morning on 08:58 - Oct 22 by Hayesender

I'm still baffled by the "legend as a player" comment

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

sacked in the morning on 02:12 - Oct 24 with 1362 viewsqprmick

One thing you can say about Olly,

He has left most clubs better off financially than when he was appointed.

Qprmick

sacked in the morning on 03:32 - Oct 24 with 1352 viewsKiwi76

Photo in article I just read & he looks decade older so possibly right decision to bail out.
Not sure what's next for him now.

Maybe some of those Palace fans parping on that "at least we're not QPR" might change their tune if Pulis gets the gig.
Look buried already with 7 losses from 8 played - how can Sunderland be even worse?!
sacked in the morning on 05:07 - Oct 24 with 1329 viewscjc

Watch this space for a Warnock return to palace with long term view of director of football.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

sacked in the morning on 05:11 - Oct 24 with 1328 viewsLoft1979

sacked in the morning on 17:59 - Oct 23 by derbyhoop

Palace got £17m from the sale of Zaha. In the Summer they spent approx £17m. They weren't the 3rd best side in the Championship last year and without Zaha and Murray, who is injured, they were always going to struggle. I'm not sure what their Board and fans expected.

Olly made some mistakes. The transfer dealings have an air of scattergun - a bit like Hughes. So many changes can disrupt the team spirit. If they are to have any chance of staying up they have to beat (most of) their rivals at home. Losing 4-1 at home to a fairly poor Foolem side is not good. But who is going to do better?

Palace have done well. Just a few years ago they looked like they would be closer to emulating Coventry and Luton. The fact they will have parachute money to help them is a plus.

So why let holloway go? Same as Warnock. To break the momentum! Point blank.
Say what you will about MH (and I am a critic) but we stayed up. However CP have no chance. They can't get the players to stay up.

QPR. Many on this forum expected mid table, or 3 year rebuild. It's only a Quarter way through but HR looks like his team building skills can work here, Austin, nico, BAE, Simpson, Dunne all Prem established, are in, there are rumors of Carrol being permanent, JB, Green, Onuha, Hoillet have been grafted to make a quality core. In my view QPR could beat palace, Sunderland and possible a few other prem teams right now.

Rumors posted have ex-manure coach Phelan and Jimmy Floyd in for the Boro job. I think Tony and HR could look at another experienced coach to help QPR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024