Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH first presser 15:55 - Dec 7 with 11365 viewsNorthernr

Updates from 4 with Kerry Dixon on hand to lead us in a chorus of Blue is the Colour...

Big Jimmy and Big Les here from Race Relations UK to talk to us today about equal opportunities

Jeremy is the Sky monkey.

JFH - Very excited. Very privileged to have this opportunity. QPR gives me a good feeling (that won't last mate). It suits me, it's a good fit. I'm very happy to be "the chosen one". To be the head of the QPR family and to take them forward. (can we get Dominoes tonight please dad?)

JFH - It was hard to leave Burton but the opportunity to come here and be head of this family, football people will understand it's something I couldn't turn down. I want to bring honesty, stability and excitement.

LF - It was a thorough process, 12 different interviews, whittled down to three at which point the owners got involved in interviews (oh Christ, women and children into the lifeboats first). Unanimous decision on JFH. People talk about Burton but he's managed abroad, he's been on that road that perhaps Chris Ramsey hasn't been on. JFH is on the up, we hope he can take us back on the up.

JFH - There's work to be done. It's a squad that excites me with good players but we need to work together, we need to have a strategy together, we need to be a force together. Trust each other and work. Work. There's work to be done.

LF - The contract suits both parties. We can sit here and say we've given a manager a four year contract because we have a four year plan. The football club has the plan, managers come along and fit with that plan. We're concentrating on the best we can get out of this team, as long as he's doing that he's staying in his role.

JFH - No news on backroom. David Oldfield is here and that's it for now.

JFH - It's eight years since I last played, it's a long time. You have to interact with the players, make them understand your ways and also make them understand that you're with with them. I like to interact, find out what they're about, get that feeling and honesty with them from both sides.

JFH - I want to understand my players. Being long out of the game or not, eight years feels a long time to me, it doesn't matter. We have to connect with each other and find a way. Life, finds a way.

JFH W have to try to bring exciting football, and a successful team in whatever formation.

JFH No pressure on transfer window. We will work hard. We can't avoid January, we can't stop it, we can control working hard and that's what we're going to do.

LF - Any manager who has played the game at the highest level, you immediately command the respect of the players. But you have to earn your stripes as as a manger and he's done that at Burton and has to do that here now. The qualities we're looking for in our team and manager, JFH has in abundance. We were very impressed with his interview.

LF - For me it's important to get the right manager in place.

Managers coming in here haven't had time to look at the youth team. They've been short term, so he's been going into the transfer market to buy,. My focus is not only the first team, but also producing players through the system. We're in a great catchment area, look at Raheem Sterling, there's talent in this area we need to get into that.

LF - We're working with Chris. His niche is developing players. He's fantastic at that. We want to keep him at the club and get him to continue doing that. There's certainly a role here for him.

LF - We've brought a manager we believe is capable of motivating players and getting into the play-offs.

LF - The players we brought in, we don't feel they will get us promotion this year, but after a year in the Championship they may give us a push next season. The remit has changed and those players became surplus to requirements under Neil Warnock.

LF - The Chelsea connection means he'll have to hit the ground running, which is what we want him to do, but it's not an issue.

Ring the bell, first question about colour.

JFH - I'm a role model for anybody who wants to be a manager, black white or yellow. That's important, whatever you're assuming.

JFH - No idea why black managers don't get more jobs. I have absolutely no comment to make on that.

And that's your lot kids

This post has been edited by an administrator
JFH first presser on 16:30 - Dec 7 with 6451 viewsJeff

LF - The players we brought in, we don't feel they will get us promotion this year, but after a year in the Championship they may give us a push next season. The remit has changed and those players became surplus to requirements under Neil Warnock.

Clive - having not watched it, and too lazy to watch, it what does this mean? does it mean that effectively Luongo (for example) have been discarded? thought he's been one of our best players this season!

Can we not knock it?

JFH first presser on 16:38 - Dec 7 with 6387 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 16:30 - Dec 7 by Jeff

Clive - having not watched it, and too lazy to watch, it what does this mean? does it mean that effectively Luongo (for example) have been discarded? thought he's been one of our best players this season!

Sorry, I was searching for a picture of Poirot at that point. They were asked whether the players who were brought in under one remit and one manager may now be discarded under a new manager with a new remit. LF basically said JFH will assess everybody. He went on to say that players who were signed over the summer weren't the sort of player you'd sign for a full on tilt at promotion, but it was felt that after a year in the Championship they'd all kick on and be great for us next season. He then said the remit had changed and the players were discarded by Warnock.

Didn't sound great for Luongo, Chery, Gladwin, Polter, Smithies etc TBH but Hasselbaink will see for himself I'm sure.
JFH first presser on 16:46 - Dec 7 with 6321 viewspaulparker

I would hope that JFH will get Gladwin & Harriman back from loan and get them back in training to see what they can do , the whole point of building for the future is playing these lads
and is it me or does anyone else feel a bit uneasy with this rolling contract business ?
reading that interview it seems like we are going to go all out for promotion, im just worried that if JFH doesn't achieve play offs he could be gone
I for one would be a whole lot happier with JFH on a 3 year deal with a remit of building the club up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

JFH first presser on 16:50 - Dec 7 with 6293 viewsDando

Very dissapointing that Luongo in particular does not seem to be getting a look in at the moment. Cant understand it at all. Hes not a goalscorer so Im not surprised he hasnt scored many for us, but his overall play in near enough every game has been consistently good, and probably better than most of our other players. Is the kind of player we will probably end up selling, and see him doing very well elsewhere. Chery as well has a lot of promise about him. His form has dipped slightly, but he has still been very effective in most games and is a better option that Hoilett in my opinion, despite Hoiletts improvement of late
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 16:51]
JFH first presser on 17:08 - Dec 7 with 6181 viewsTheBlob

"Roll model".Very good.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

JFH first presser on 17:21 - Dec 7 with 6117 viewssimmo

Classic QPR - buy for one reason, change that reason, discard and buy new players for a new reason.

I hope (and I'm sure) that JFH will judge everyone on their own merits and choose those that respond to what he asks of them. I can't see Luongo not proving himself enough to be involved in one way or another - he's been excellent this season. You can only assume that the Dutch connection should give him a bit extra with the likes of Chery and Fer too.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

JFH first presser on 17:34 - Dec 7 with 6050 viewsJonDoeman

Love it! Jimmy's the daddy!

It Is What It Is !!

JFH first presser on 17:44 - Dec 7 with 5998 viewsbosh67

I don't know why more yellow managers don't get jobs?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

JFH first presser on 17:48 - Dec 7 with 5987 viewsMytch_QPR

JFH first presser on 17:44 - Dec 7 by bosh67

I don't know why more yellow managers don't get jobs?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

JFH first presser on 17:53 - Dec 7 with 5952 viewsbob566

did dave oldfield take over from bondy on the piano?
JFH first presser on 17:57 - Dec 7 with 5928 viewsMytch_QPR

JFH first presser on 17:53 - Dec 7 by bob566

He's a multi instrumentalist - and always in Jimmy's (moonlight) shadow.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

JFH first presser on 18:01 - Dec 7 with 5894 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 17:53 - Dec 7 by bob566

tubular bells surely? I'll add them in.
JFH first presser on 18:05 - Dec 7 with 5877 viewsRangersw12

Have to say very disappointed with LF comments

So we're basically going for promotion with over paid mugs like Fer , Sandro etc and discarding up and coming players like Luongo , Gladwin etc

But then next season when we have failed to go up this season we will be wanting the up and coming players to step up even though they haven't had a chance this season

This also heaps loads of pressure on JFH when he should be settling into the role
JFH first presser on 18:08 - Dec 7 with 5863 viewspaesanu

Said all the things that were supposed to be said I suppose. The Raheem reference was very lazy though, just filler. I mean how long ago was that!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:22 - Dec 7 with 5593 viewsBklynRanger

Wee Jimmy's growing on me I have to say. When he talks about 'work' I've decided to believe that he means what he says. Redknapp went on and on about working hard when he arrived but that mainly meant working hard on talking a load of old shyte. But Jimmy is different - he means it, and I will remain convinced of that until proven otherwise (possibly some time over Xmas or the new year).

So I see Les used the 'got rid of Chris' phrase again. I suppose he must have decided to be blunt about the realities of that situation and at least he's consistent, still sounds weird to me.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 19:24]
JFH first presser on 20:01 - Dec 7 with 5438 viewsDeepcutHoop

JFH first presser on 16:38 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Sorry, I was searching for a picture of Poirot at that point. They were asked whether the players who were brought in under one remit and one manager may now be discarded under a new manager with a new remit. LF basically said JFH will assess everybody. He went on to say that players who were signed over the summer weren't the sort of player you'd sign for a full on tilt at promotion, but it was felt that after a year in the Championship they'd all kick on and be great for us next season. He then said the remit had changed and the players were discarded by Warnock.

Didn't sound great for Luongo, Chery, Gladwin, Polter, Smithies etc TBH but Hasselbaink will see for himself I'm sure.

That's absolutely astonishing, and I feel even more for Ramsey now, as well as for those players. That cannot have been pleasant for them to hear.
JFH first presser on 20:24 - Dec 7 with 5340 viewsderbyhoop

I'm impressed with JFH attitude. Very honest and determined. I don't think any of the players will be slacking under his watchful gaze.

Yes, we could reach the playoffs, but it's going to be very difficult from here - unless we go on the sort of run Burton did last year. I wouldn't mind getting to the playoffs and NOT getting promoted.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

JFH first presser on 20:33 - Dec 7 with 5310 viewsBlue_Castello

The idea that Luongo and Chery will be discarded I find very hard to believe they have both shown very good form when attacking, their all round game needs improvement, particularly Chery needs to track back, tackle and give support to the full back when playing as the wide player.

They are both players who we should be developing and integrating into the squad, they will be needed next year when the so called big names have departed.

I'm sure JFH will review every single player he has available and select the strongest team in his opinion for match day, that could be different to Warnocks selection, I can't help feeling he will start with the experienced players but they will be dropped if they don't perform.

Don't forget there are only 5 more games in December and then the January sales will commence, I'm guessing that most of our big names will be available at the right price, we still need to trim the wage budget for FFP.
JFH first presser on 20:34 - Dec 7 with 5301 viewsNorthernr

JFH first presser on 20:33 - Dec 7 by Blue_Castello

The idea that Luongo and Chery will be discarded I find very hard to believe they have both shown very good form when attacking, their all round game needs improvement, particularly Chery needs to track back, tackle and give support to the full back when playing as the wide player.

They are both players who we should be developing and integrating into the squad, they will be needed next year when the so called big names have departed.

I'm sure JFH will review every single player he has available and select the strongest team in his opinion for match day, that could be different to Warnocks selection, I can't help feeling he will start with the experienced players but they will be dropped if they don't perform.

Don't forget there are only 5 more games in December and then the January sales will commence, I'm guessing that most of our big names will be available at the right price, we still need to trim the wage budget for FFP.

Ferdinand said they were "discarded by Neil Warnock" - not that they will be discarded. Watch it back on the link.
JFH first presser on 20:40 - Dec 7 with 5266 viewsPunteR

JFH first presser on 18:08 - Dec 7 by paesanu

Said all the things that were supposed to be said I suppose. The Raheem reference was very lazy though, just filler. I mean how long ago was that!

Tbf he's the only example we've got for local talent that's gone on and made a name for himself recently.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH first presser on 20:40 - Dec 7 with 5264 viewsrsonist

I'm not sure LF's comments are quite as controversial as being made out, though granted he didn't need to make them. Gladwin was clearly bought with the expectation that players in his position would be moved on and knowing he'd need work (whether sending back on loan to where he came from counts as work is another story). I don't think they apply to Chery - as a 27 year old third top scorer in the Eredivisie on the fringes of the international side he was bought for now. And while Luongo isn't the finished article he has a lot to offer that no one else we have has in terms of engine and pressing - from what we've heard about JFH's style I'd expect him back in the mix sooner rather than later.

Dunno why but I have a funny feeling that JFH might get on with the Dutch lads the least...
JFH first presser on 21:11 - Dec 7 with 5168 viewsHunterhoop

JFH first presser on 20:40 - Dec 7 by rsonist

I'm not sure LF's comments are quite as controversial as being made out, though granted he didn't need to make them. Gladwin was clearly bought with the expectation that players in his position would be moved on and knowing he'd need work (whether sending back on loan to where he came from counts as work is another story). I don't think they apply to Chery - as a 27 year old third top scorer in the Eredivisie on the fringes of the international side he was bought for now. And while Luongo isn't the finished article he has a lot to offer that no one else we have has in terms of engine and pressing - from what we've heard about JFH's style I'd expect him back in the mix sooner rather than later.

Dunno why but I have a funny feeling that JFH might get on with the Dutch lads the least...

Good post.

Agree on all of that. Share a similar feeling about JFH and Fer. He'll either turn him into a world beater or all this talk of "hard work" will be a bit much for our Leroy.

I think we'll see Luongo back very soon under JFH, just hopefully not a Faurlin's expense.
JFH first presser on 23:33 - Dec 7 with 4779 viewsNortholt_Rs

JFH first presser on 20:34 - Dec 7 by Northernr

Ferdinand said they were "discarded by Neil Warnock" - not that they will be discarded. Watch it back on the link.

So was Les having a little dig at Neil there do ya reckon?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

JFH first presser on 00:24 - Dec 8 with 4703 viewstimcocking

JFH first presser on 16:50 - Dec 7 by Dando

Very dissapointing that Luongo in particular does not seem to be getting a look in at the moment. Cant understand it at all. Hes not a goalscorer so Im not surprised he hasnt scored many for us, but his overall play in near enough every game has been consistently good, and probably better than most of our other players. Is the kind of player we will probably end up selling, and see him doing very well elsewhere. Chery as well has a lot of promise about him. His form has dipped slightly, but he has still been very effective in most games and is a better option that Hoilett in my opinion, despite Hoiletts improvement of late
[Post edited 7 Dec 2015 16:51]

Well, Ali and Sandro is a decent combination and we've not been conceding. I like Luongo, but it seems to be him or Ali. Not sure you can compare him with Junior, Luongo's no winger.

I bloody well hope we don't have to listen to more stuff about black managers for the next few weeks. That irritated me last time.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 0:28]
JFH first presser on 00:38 - Dec 8 with 4680 viewsPunteR

JFH first presser on 00:24 - Dec 8 by timcocking

Well, Ali and Sandro is a decent combination and we've not been conceding. I like Luongo, but it seems to be him or Ali. Not sure you can compare him with Junior, Luongo's no winger.

I bloody well hope we don't have to listen to more stuff about black managers for the next few weeks. That irritated me last time.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 0:28]

I think Dando is comparing Chery with Hoilett not Luongo..
I think Luongo and Chery will be involved in lots of games between now and the end of the season.
Sandro and Faurlin haven't exactly got good medical records between them either.
Sandro might also get sold in Jan window if we are still trying to balance the books(who knows now). I think Luongo can become an important part of the squad still.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024