Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin and Luongo 22:40 - Sep 13 with 2436 viewsOakR

It's amazing that after all this time we are still so reliant Faurlin. Forest were reasonably well organised and put pressure on us but still. At times yesterday we just could not get going, we just needed to keep the ball a bit, just some nice simple passes. Maybe Tozser will be the answer, but not on yesterday's evidence (though it is clearly far too early to judge and he did make one sublime pass).

I thought Luongo looked good again. He manages to drift past players and his link up play is great to see, he can see a pass but what really impressed me yesterday was his winning of the ball back, 3 times when he appeared to have no chance. I think if we keep him he will be looked back on as a firm favourite. I know he has just come back from Internationals but his substitution was perplexing in the extreme in the view of some other performances on the pitch.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Faurlin and Luongo on 07:06 - Sep 14 with 2345 viewsCHUBBS

Luongo was our only creative player who played well,the rest had off days for various reasons.
Austin is still not looking at his best but who can argue with the goal tally.
Back to Luongo,I've only seen him in the flesh a few times but I'm convinced we've signed ourselves a special player here.
He has a fantastic touch and beats players at will with that low centre of gravity,also as you say he knows how to tackle whilst possessing an excellent attitude.
He potentially looks the full package.
When Fer is fit Luongo may be dropped back alongside Faurlin which could work as we really lack pace in that area.
Henry and Toszer looked way too slow to play together and Forest were taking advantage.
That same formation will be exposed come Wednesday so changes will need to be made.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2015 7:13]
Faurlin and Luongo on 13:18 - Sep 14 with 2195 viewsCliff

For me the reason we miss Faurlin is he's the only player who seem to want to occupy the middle of the field. Tozser was playing far too deep for me, keeping parallel with Henry, now this is fine when we're defending but he kept this up even when we were attacking. Faurlin gets further forward and provide a linking role.

I had hoped Tozser would provide cover for Faurlin, but on the evidence of his performance against Tozser, I think he's better cover for Henry.
Faurlin and Luongo on 13:24 - Sep 14 with 2175 viewsHunterhoop

The simple reason we always miss Faurlin is that he the best CM we have at "pass AND move". He is always finding a little bit of space and offering to receive the ball into his feet. He gives his team mates options.

Henry was utterly woeful on Sat and, whilst usually fine on the defensive side of things (filling in across the back 4, tracking runners, etc), he's so uncomfortable on the ball and with his first touch.

Toszer has barely played in the last few months and I'm not sure he's had a proper pre-season. He's clearly got a good left foot but he was miles off the pace on Sat.

Together they were constantly 5 yards too deep and about 2 seconds too late to the ball. As such, we couldn't get it down on the ground and control the game.

Luongo looks great, but, i almost don't want to move him deeper given how tidy he looks linking things up in that no. 10 role.

Ultimately, and it's been the case ever since he signed, no matter who we sign, no matter how many midfielders we bring into this club, Faurlin's pass and move game is still the best...even if he can't sprint or turn particularly effectively, his constant making himself available allows us to play on the floor.
Faurlin and Luongo on 14:05 - Sep 14 with 2108 viewsDorse

Faurlin and Luongo on 13:24 - Sep 14 by Hunterhoop

The simple reason we always miss Faurlin is that he the best CM we have at "pass AND move". He is always finding a little bit of space and offering to receive the ball into his feet. He gives his team mates options.

Henry was utterly woeful on Sat and, whilst usually fine on the defensive side of things (filling in across the back 4, tracking runners, etc), he's so uncomfortable on the ball and with his first touch.

Toszer has barely played in the last few months and I'm not sure he's had a proper pre-season. He's clearly got a good left foot but he was miles off the pace on Sat.

Together they were constantly 5 yards too deep and about 2 seconds too late to the ball. As such, we couldn't get it down on the ground and control the game.

Luongo looks great, but, i almost don't want to move him deeper given how tidy he looks linking things up in that no. 10 role.

Ultimately, and it's been the case ever since he signed, no matter who we sign, no matter how many midfielders we bring into this club, Faurlin's pass and move game is still the best...even if he can't sprint or turn particularly effectively, his constant making himself available allows us to play on the floor.

Pass and move. Such a simple idea and yet how often do we see someone who's any good at it? I really think Mass looks brilliant at the moment but I don't think we'll see him play deeper until the Return Of The Mack. Too early to tell about Toszer but he's got potential.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Faurlin and Luongo on 15:33 - Sep 14 with 2035 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that we've still got to fit Sandro and Fer into the equation!

Sandro, Luongo, Chery, Fer and Philipps as your midfield then leaves you with the prospect of what to do with Tozser, Faurlin and Mackie.

However you look at it, in this division, CR has options in the midfield.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Faurlin and Luongo on 15:39 - Sep 14 with 2019 viewsPhilmyRs

Early days with Tozser. Thought he did ok and has potential to improve our ball retention. However, as has been said, for home games where teams are going to try and hit us on the break or pressure us when in possession high up the pitch we can’t have Henry and him together. Henry especially panics when pressed while on the ball.

Saturday is a good example where Tozser/Faurlin, Fer and Llongo would have been sufficient as the middle 3. Austin clearly lacked support and with Tozser and Henry you’ve limited the number of runners from deep from the outset. Could understand Charlie’s frustration at the lack of support.
Faurlin and Luongo on 15:44 - Sep 14 with 2002 viewsLblock

Faurlin and Luongo on 15:33 - Sep 14 by PlanetHonneywood

Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that we've still got to fit Sandro and Fer into the equation!

Sandro, Luongo, Chery, Fer and Philipps as your midfield then leaves you with the prospect of what to do with Tozser, Faurlin and Mackie.

However you look at it, in this division, CR has options in the midfield.

I heard that Sandro isn't wanted around the place after having a massive rare up with "senior figures" over his visa issue and that Fer's injury could actually be a career ender.

So that's the news from a very, very, VERY drunken sesh in the Queen Adelaide.

I therefore fully expect both to be in the squad Wednesday!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Faurlin and Luongo on 15:55 - Sep 14 with 1970 viewsHunterhoop

Faurlin and Luongo on 15:44 - Sep 14 by Lblock

I heard that Sandro isn't wanted around the place after having a massive rare up with "senior figures" over his visa issue and that Fer's injury could actually be a career ender.

Really, L Block?! Christ. That would be a bugger re. Fer.

Ramsey came out and told us all he's told Sandro he's not being considered until he's fit and ready.

The fact the t*t came back from Brazil not fit and ready to go shows how professional he is and how much he cares for the club, whatever he tweets or says to QPR.co.uk. Honestly, you earn tens of thousands a week and you're not actually working. The least you can do is hire a personal trainer and get yourself into excellent physical condition so when you return to the club paying you tens of thousands of pounds a week, you're actually ready to go into the first team (after the odd reserve match). Didn't he return with his hand in plaster too?! It wouldn't be unreasonable for the club to fine him for that behaviour, although I imagine the risk of boat rocking and morale damaging probably stopped them.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin and Luongo on 16:30 - Sep 14 with 1923 viewsfrancisbowles

Maybe it's a good thing that Luongo was sacrificed on Saturday. Tired players get injured and being down to 10 men he was going to have to do even more running around than before. The loss of the point may prove to have been worth it, if it potentially keeps him fit and prevents him missing a number of games
Faurlin and Luongo on 16:32 - Sep 14 with 1918 viewsAntti_Heinola

Faurlin and Luongo on 15:44 - Sep 14 by Lblock

Fer tweeted the other day that he was back shortly and Sandro just played for the U21s. So I think it's safe to ignore that.

Bare bones.

Faurlin and Luongo on 16:54 - Sep 14 with 1871 viewsBklynRanger

Even with the international break, Toszer has only been with us for 2 weeks. So he's obviously had the chance to learn about what Ramsey wants in training but that was his first match situation. Basically, it's just far too early to write him off in comparison to Ale. This is probably blasphemy but he could turn out to be just as good as Ale 4 or 5 games from now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024