Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Old Oak Common be anything like the new King`s Cross? 22:37 - Feb 14 with 722 viewsHadders

I love watching football in our cramped rusty old shoebox in a proper neighbourhood, and hate the idea of us moving to some soulless Canary Wharf-style development. Strolling around the new parts of Kings Cross today, however, it occurred to me that if Old Oak Common could be as atmospheric and cool as that, I might just be happy for us to move to a stylish little stadium there. I think the huge Kings Cross development is mostly pretty good so far (and The Guardian agree), making wonderful use of its Victorian industrial heritage and with some lovely new buildings, too; in addition, they have consulted a lot with local people and apparently a lot of the flats still going up will be "affordable", whatever that means. If Oak Common goes ahead, I suggest that the King`s Cross development should be used as a model. I am 48 and expect to be retired or dead before it happens, though. http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2014/oct/12/regeneration-kings-cross-can
[Post edited 15 Feb 2016 0:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024