Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's going on in the film world 22:22 - Sep 5 with 3550 viewsloftboy

Remakes of Ben Hur and the magnificent 7 whatever next the great escape?
Surely some films are such classics they don't need remaking.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What's going on in the film world on 22:43 - Sep 5 with 3101 viewsPunteR

The original Magnificent Seven was a remake of Seven Samurai and Ben Hur was a remake of a 1925 silent film of the same name.
But your right ,most remakes these days are garbage.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What's going on in the film world on 22:56 - Sep 5 with 3088 viewsHooparoo

What's going on in the film world on 22:43 - Sep 5 by PunteR

The original Magnificent Seven was a remake of Seven Samurai and Ben Hur was a remake of a 1925 silent film of the same name.
But your right ,most remakes these days are garbage.

As the Bard once said: " There is nothing new under the sun"

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

What's going on in the film world on 22:56 - Sep 5 with 3088 viewsted_hendrix

I'll stop eating popcorn as a way of protest.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What's going on in the film world on 23:23 - Sep 5 with 3057 viewsPunteR

True Grit with Jeff Bridges is a good remake.
Rise of the planet of the Apes was a good reboot.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What's going on in the film world on 09:15 - Sep 6 with 2962 viewsMonahoop

What's going on in the film world on 23:23 - Sep 5 by PunteR

True Grit with Jeff Bridges is a good remake.
Rise of the planet of the Apes was a good reboot.

I actually prefer the True Grit remake to the original, but then I'm a fan of Mr Bridges.

I once heard there was going to be a remake of The Dam Busters. Was it really considered or was it shelved? Any film buffs on hear know?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

What's going on in the film world on 09:29 - Sep 6 with 2939 viewsrobith

All entertainment is just the same tropes and archetypes recycled anyway
What's going on in the film world on 10:06 - Sep 6 with 2905 viewssimmo

Love the original Seven Samurai, although it's a long old film, especially in black and white. Gutted that they've remade it the way they have, I am trying to stay positive but it looks shite. Similarly Ben Hur which looks like a joke.

Reboots and sequels, it's all they've had for a while. There are some good original films here and there though - I liked It Follows, Nightcrawler, Beasts of No Nation, Eddie the Eagle, Bridge of Spies and I am looking forward to Paddy Considine following up Tyrannosaur with 'Journeyman' next year. There's others but that's off the top of my head. Also meaning to watch that doctor film that Brian recommended, but haven’t found a link yet.

At the moment though it's all about TV, the original programmes being made by Netflix, etc are miles ahead of what's coming out in the cinema

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

What's going on in the film world on 11:46 - Sep 6 with 2836 viewsTonto

agree with Simmo - TV is where its at right now... there is a lot more creative and interesting drama, predominantly coming out of the US cable networks like HBO, and the new subscription channels like Netflix and Amazon Prime. Its noticeable that many film actors are now doing TV, whereas it used to be seen as a step down - things like True Detective have some big stars in it. Its just a shame that there is still the crap like Towie, X factor and big brother.

I cant remember the last film that genuinely excited me enough to go to the cinema - probably star wars, and that was remarkably like the first one!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

What's going on in the film world on 11:57 - Sep 6 with 2823 viewsbob566

it's all marvel and dc comic films now.

Spotlight was an excellent movie.
What's going on in the film world on 12:02 - Sep 6 with 2815 viewsWilloW4

What's going on in the film world on 09:15 - Sep 6 by Monahoop

I actually prefer the True Grit remake to the original, but then I'm a fan of Mr Bridges.

I once heard there was going to be a remake of The Dam Busters. Was it really considered or was it shelved? Any film buffs on hear know?

Just seen hell or high water with Jeff bridges... Very good film, I recommend it to you monahoop.
What's going on in the film world on 12:03 - Sep 6 with 2814 viewsjonno

Yes. It was canned when they realised Guy Gibson's dog was called "N1gger"!
What's going on in the film world on 12:09 - Sep 6 with 2805 viewsDorse

Everyone is clearly missing the point: Sharknado 4 - 'The 4th Awakens' is on its way.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

What's going on in the film world on 12:29 - Sep 6 with 2778 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I can't understand a word Jeff Bridges says these days and I've been a fan of his since his early days. Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was underrated movie of his AND you can comprehend what he's saying.

But yeah, remake after reboot after remake is all we seem to get these days and they're pretty fckn sh1t too.. Fright Night, Terminator, Predator, Robocop blah blah et al...

Her's a list of films still fresh in my memory set for remakes http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2016/04/14/25-films-set-for-a-reboot-or-remake/
What's going on in the film world on 12:36 - Sep 6 with 2768 viewsrsonist

What's going on in the film world on 09:29 - Sep 6 by robith

All entertainment is just the same tropes and archetypes recycled anyway

“Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different."
What's going on in the film world on 14:30 - Sep 6 with 2702 viewsDiscodroids

Would love to see a remake of the Film 'Marathon Man' . Have to be the right director mind you. A classic.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What's going on in the film world on 14:36 - Sep 6 with 2691 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

What's going on in the film world on 14:30 - Sep 6 by Discodroids

Would love to see a remake of the Film 'Marathon Man' . Have to be the right director mind you. A classic.

The fckers'll call it Snickers Man.
What's going on in the film world on 15:21 - Sep 6 with 2654 viewsSimonJames

"All the screen cowboys behaved like real gentlemen. They didn't drink, they didn't smoke. When they knocked the bad guy down, they always stood with their fists up, waiting for the heavy to get back on his feet. I decided I was going to drag the bad guy to his feet and keep hitting him." [John Wayne]
...Bridges can't compete with that level of manliness.

100% of people who drink water will die.

What's going on in the film world on 15:32 - Sep 6 with 2640 views18StoneOfHoop

'Can't understand what Jeff Bridges is saying' ??

"Well man that's like your opinion"

Don't Ever Diss The Dude.

Great charming laid back actor ever since the stupendous The Last Picture Show (1971)

[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 15:38]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

What's going on in the film world on 15:33 - Sep 6 with 2640 viewsWilloW4

What's going on in the film world on 15:21 - Sep 6 by SimonJames

"All the screen cowboys behaved like real gentlemen. They didn't drink, they didn't smoke. When they knocked the bad guy down, they always stood with their fists up, waiting for the heavy to get back on his feet. I decided I was going to drag the bad guy to his feet and keep hitting him." [John Wayne]
...Bridges can't compete with that level of manliness.

John Wayne certainly wasn't 'that level of manliness'... Ducked out of all sorts to avoid getting signed up..in real life, drank like a fish..and was quoted many times as saying.' I don't really like women, they bore me'..just saying.!.souns to me like he was caught between a 'Rock' and a hard place....I thought both True Grit films were good.. Hey ho.
What's going on in the film world on 16:41 - Sep 6 with 2597 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

What's going on in the film world on 15:32 - Sep 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

'Can't understand what Jeff Bridges is saying' ??

"Well man that's like your opinion"

Don't Ever Diss The Dude.

Great charming laid back actor ever since the stupendous The Last Picture Show (1971)

[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 15:38]

What's going on in the film world on 16:42 - Sep 6 with 2596 viewsMonahoop

What's going on in the film world on 15:33 - Sep 6 by WilloW4

John Wayne certainly wasn't 'that level of manliness'... Ducked out of all sorts to avoid getting signed up..in real life, drank like a fish..and was quoted many times as saying.' I don't really like women, they bore me'..just saying.!.souns to me like he was caught between a 'Rock' and a hard place....I thought both True Grit films were good.. Hey ho.

.... and his real name was Marian or was it Marion. Very effeminate anyway. John Wayne a real man?.. with a name like that, my arse!! Lousy one trick pony [ or horse] actor too. He just played John Wayne or Marian, ah whatever!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

What's going on in the film world on 16:58 - Sep 6 with 2576 viewsWilloW4

What's going on in the film world on 16:42 - Sep 6 by Monahoop

.... and his real name was Marian or was it Marion. Very effeminate anyway. John Wayne a real man?.. with a name like that, my arse!! Lousy one trick pony [ or horse] actor too. He just played John Wayne or Marian, ah whatever!!

Touché mate.👍.
What's going on in the film world on 17:29 - Sep 6 with 2563 viewsSimonJames

What's going on in the film world on 16:42 - Sep 6 by Monahoop

I was only messing with you. I've never seen the remake, and I haven't seen the original for at least 30 years (so I'd probably think it was a bit dated).

100% of people who drink water will die.

What's going on in the film world (n/t) on 19:43 - Sep 6 with 2509 viewscyprusmel

[Post edited 6 Sep 2016 19:44]
What's going on in the film world on 19:46 - Sep 6 with 2504 viewscyprusmel

What's going on in the film world on 12:03 - Sep 6 by jonno

Yes. It was canned when they realised Guy Gibson's dog was called "N1gger"!

My granddads dog had the same name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024