Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well it made me laugh 02:20 - Jan 20 with 1112 viewsBoston

.., the description of Spurs new stadium, it having a glass fronted exterior offering panoramic views of the surrounding area. We either have an architectect located in San Francisco or Sadiq Khan has a phalanx of bulldozers at the ready!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Well it made me laugh on 09:39 - Jan 20 with 917 viewshoof_hearted

Panoramic views is what they are.
They just omitted to mention what those views were of.

Well it made me laugh on 10:20 - Jan 20 with 849 viewsDWQPR

Must admit I reckon the architect has got this ground spot on. Although the ground will be three tiered, the home end will be a single tier comprising of 17,000 seats. The place will be noisy. The riots in 2011 improved Tottenham High Road by the tune of £20million I reckon and the new ground is just part of a whole regeneration of the area. Shame that we haven't got the room to rebuild LR into a bigger stadium and even bigger shame that the bellend that is Chris Wright didn't take up the offer from the council to purchase the land behind the School End when it was available.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well it made me laugh on 10:28 - Jan 20 with 827 viewsTacticalR

@Boston 'a phalanx of bulldozers at the ready!'

'A battle broke out on Tuesday in one of the scruffier parts of north London. It didn't look much: a few dozen placard wavers outside Haringey civic centre, and a restive public heckling councillors as they debated big plans for their future. But this is a battle that concerns all of us. At its heart is a programme that is among the most audacious I've ever seen. Haringey wants to privatise huge swaths of public property: family homes, school buildings, its biggest library. All of it will be stuck in a private fund worth £2bn.

It comes with huge risks. It will demolish precious social housing, turf out families and rip apart communities. It will hand democratic control to a massive private entity. The 20-year plan is "unprecedented", agreed backbench councillors. They voted to slam on the brakes. But if they're ignored and the plan goes through, it will form a blueprint for an altered capital. London will lurch closer towards becoming a playground for speculators, a dormitory for professionals, and off-limits both to the working class and to public dissent.

This may be the first you've heard of it — the Haringey development vehicle has scored barely a mention outside the local and trade press. Odd, given how large it is, and how vital to council leader Claire Kober, who is also chair of the London Councils group.'

Lives torn apart and assets lost: this is what a Labour privatisation would mean
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/19/lives-torn-apart-assets-la

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024