Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Optimistic People's Only Thread 04:05 - Feb 6 with 969 viewssilky

Yep prob another post on this & that but I generally feel pretty good & optimistic about our survival chances.

Yes we are QPR and we always do things the hard way but I still reckon we will pull it out of the bag, and that we will do better against the bigger teams than people suggest.

Am I alone in thinking like this? Optimistic replies only thanks! :-)

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 04:32 - Feb 6 with 721 viewsKiwi76

Must be the Sthn Hemisphere air Silky!
I won't get doom & gloom till mathematically sunk.
Really disappointing result & typical QPR to make it so self inflicted.
We are running out of games and is going to be squeaky bum time all the way till May I'm sure.

Still waiting on carrier pigeon carrying the 4 Yr Plan DVD - well worth postage costing more than the bloody DVD!!
You on travels?
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 04:44 - Feb 6 with 717 viewsexiled_dictator

The reasons I think we will not get relegated are as follows:

we are not in the relegation zone at the moment

other teams around us have to get better results than us, and so far they haven't

we have a new manager who knows how to get the best out of the team

we have new players, and others who have yet to play for us still to come in that will improve our quality

we have games ahead that we will win, as long as 11 players stay on the pitch

there are at least three teams in the Premiership that are worse than us

we have waited too long to just enjoy 1 season in the top flight

we are simply too good & too rich to go down

I shall be saying extra prayers to ensure we have extra chance.
The best bit from yesterday is that two of my brothers support Chelsea & Manchester United, so there is always tension and strong discussion whenever the teams play each other. One brother was very happy with 3 - 0, teasing the other. I think at the end, the Chelsea supporting brother was actually happy with a draw, as he thought if the game went on any longer, they would lose.

People, I tell you, we will not be going down at the end of the season. Mark Hughes will gel the team together with more training sessions, and we will be safe and sound before the last game of the season.
We will not have to be biting our fingers down to the elbow on the last day depending on other results to ensure our survival.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 07:24 - Feb 6 with 701 viewssilky

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 04:32 - Feb 6 by Kiwi76

Must be the Sthn Hemisphere air Silky!
I won't get doom & gloom till mathematically sunk.
Really disappointing result & typical QPR to make it so self inflicted.
We are running out of games and is going to be squeaky bum time all the way till May I'm sure.

Still waiting on carrier pigeon carrying the 4 Yr Plan DVD - well worth postage costing more than the bloody DVD!!
You on travels?

Indeed it must be this less polluted air we breath :-)

Yes back in North Shore now, got a course on the 8th in Henderson. Didn't go too far north as we deff decided we don't want to live up there, it's too easy to holiday & forget we are actually looking for places to live.

Have also visited Upperz Chateau some place that is.

Give me a shout I'll be around till Following Monday. Then it's South we go.....

Onwards & Upwards in the QPR world..

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 07:26 - Feb 6 with 700 viewssilky

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 04:44 - Feb 6 by exiled_dictator

The reasons I think we will not get relegated are as follows:

we are not in the relegation zone at the moment

other teams around us have to get better results than us, and so far they haven't

we have a new manager who knows how to get the best out of the team

we have new players, and others who have yet to play for us still to come in that will improve our quality

we have games ahead that we will win, as long as 11 players stay on the pitch

there are at least three teams in the Premiership that are worse than us

we have waited too long to just enjoy 1 season in the top flight

we are simply too good & too rich to go down

I shall be saying extra prayers to ensure we have extra chance.
The best bit from yesterday is that two of my brothers support Chelsea & Manchester United, so there is always tension and strong discussion whenever the teams play each other. One brother was very happy with 3 - 0, teasing the other. I think at the end, the Chelsea supporting brother was actually happy with a draw, as he thought if the game went on any longer, they would lose.

People, I tell you, we will not be going down at the end of the season. Mark Hughes will gel the team together with more training sessions, and we will be safe and sound before the last game of the season.
We will not have to be biting our fingers down to the elbow on the last day depending on other results to ensure our survival.

That has put a smile on my face, totally agree. Until its mathematically impossible to stay up then I'll be hopefull.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 08:00 - Feb 6 with 681 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 07:24 - Feb 6 by silky

Indeed it must be this less polluted air we breath :-)

Yes back in North Shore now, got a course on the 8th in Henderson. Didn't go too far north as we deff decided we don't want to live up there, it's too easy to holiday & forget we are actually looking for places to live.

Have also visited Upperz Chateau some place that is.

Give me a shout I'll be around till Following Monday. Then it's South we go.....

Onwards & Upwards in the QPR world..

Was a pleasure to have you and the missus drink tea and eat choc chip bikkies at my table mate - welcome to the land of sheep and stupid-shaped balls!

Seriously tho.. if we'd won the last one I'd be upbeat, but atm I can't help thinking it's gonna be very very hard... so much seems to be going against us atm.. blackburn wil be a real H U G E event now.. lose that and points will be like rocking horse shi...

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 08:14 - Feb 6 with 674 viewsBazWoT

We'll stay up.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 619 viewsade_qpr

Why we will stay up simple because the games don't start until about 1.30 am round this neck of the woods so why go to bed when there is a bundy and coke or two err 3, 4, 6, 10 oh you get the idea the bottles not empty yet, plus a computer and most important a TV with QPR playing.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 10:22 - Feb 6 with 607 viewsade_qpr

why we will stay up take two!!
Blackburn Rovers well they need a beating for beating us in the 1912 FA Community Shield so theres a 2-1 win
Fulham thats going to be bloody hard work because someone said we have to score the same number of goals as their away support, think we can just win 12-0
Everton

well we are good at scoring hat tricks against them so 3-0 win
Bolton checked their predictions on bolton banter one said 3-0 another 2-0 to QPR so I hate to go against the grain so win to Rangers
Liverpool 10fjknsveqr0[9y8q-23jfmr,dfjh4!!!!!! not nice team and no I'm not bitter about 75-6 much but we killed, destroyed, murdered them at home that year 2-0 go Francis and Leach so that must be the result again
Sunderland did you know we beat them 3-0 away in the last game of 72-3 go make it back into the top tier so we will win again 3-0 to stay in the top tier obviously, silly to think any different.
Arsenal we never lost to them yet in the Premier League so chalk up another result
Manchester United well the only game I seem to recall at old Trafford was 4-1 R's so why should this be any different.
Swansea give over they never beaten us at home 6-2 in 66 deserves a replay.
WBA well we do like to give them 2 goal head starts but 67 3-2 again I could watch
Spurs replay time well 1-0 to us this time just like it should of been in 82
Chelsea can we beat them 6-0 away? yes why not.
Stoke while we are on 6 nils 84 at home was a good year don't mind going back in time
Man City don't care give them a result if it means bloody MU don't win the title

See easy all those results are possible and have been done before just have a little faith. Now where are those drugs far to logical tonight..................

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Login to get fewer ads

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 10:35 - Feb 6 with 590 viewsBerkoRanger

Yep - still glass half full (for all the above reasons.)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 10:58 - Feb 6 with 576 viewsGetMeRangers

This is not happening... a thread not finding reasons to loathe our players and spit venom at the team. I can understand the disappointment some have after teh euphoria of getting rid of Tango and Cash (whom, despite their incompetitence delivered us to the Prem), yet we are not bottom three where most would have expected us to be, after our first game, for the whole season.

I am optomistic for all the above reasons. In fact I have more faith in our ability to stay up, than I had with the outcome of FA investigation or even Rangers getting enough points on the board to actually get over the finish line last season.

I sometimes wonder whether posters on LFW might be better at changing 'Walls song of no one likes us and start singing 'We dont like us'? If we can avoid the drop, and I think we can, then already next season is looking a really exciting prospect, with a proper pre-season with the squad you are likely to use.

It does get tiring reading posts that are along the lines of a Monty Python stetch. 'Apart from the last 15 mins on Saturday, what has Taarabt (the Romans) ever done for us'

Following the R's is like a dream, that you sometimes have to wake up from. It never makes sense and is very unpedictable. So I am forecasting that we stay up by winning at Scumbridge.. and if that is the case, that will be a fine, fine season in my books... I just hope the opposite happens and that match turns out to be a nightmare
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 11:18 - Feb 6 with 566 viewsJonDoeman

I 'spose we haven't had our good spell yet!

It Is What It Is !!

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 11:37 - Feb 6 with 555 viewsJonDoeman

@QPR_Stats
QPR Stats
Just 2 years ago today, #QPR lost 1-0 at Peterborough. Carl Ikeme, Nigel Quashie, Tamas Priskin & Marcus Bent all started.

It Is What It Is !!

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 12:33 - Feb 6 with 532 viewsBerkoRanger

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 11:37 - Feb 6 by JonDoeman

@QPR_Stats
QPR Stats
Just 2 years ago today, #QPR lost 1-0 at Peterborough. Carl Ikeme, Nigel Quashie, Tamas Priskin & Marcus Bent all started.

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 12:37 - Feb 6 with 527 viewsGloryHunter

The pessimism comes from the idea that we weren't going to get any points from the final 10 games. But now that we have such an improved squad, we will actually pick points up from those. If the team can play as well as it did in the first 30 mins against Wolves, we will easily get points against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd.
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 12:46 - Feb 6 with 516 viewsRed_Ranger

great title , great thread,
was thinking on the way to work, god there are some pessemistic posters.
MH is going to methodically get about the business of staying up, pit falls, trip ups n all.
Were gonna get the rub of the green hopefully our way.
Yes its going to be hairy but "i believe!!!"
And, if youre reading, stop that "you're getting sacked in the morning" it will bounce back and hit you in the face. (thinking steve Keane)
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 502 viewsHarbour

Great Thread Silky ..ta

the old cliche of taking one game at a time should be adopted. MH has the view of going to win regardless of the opposition... we will win games people expect us to lose.. we have some great players and the team will gell and we will pull clear ...with a fair wind and a bit of luck ...
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:06 - Feb 6 with 501 viewsBromleyHoop

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 12:37 - Feb 6 by GloryHunter

The pessimism comes from the idea that we weren't going to get any points from the final 10 games. But now that we have such an improved squad, we will actually pick points up from those. If the team can play as well as it did in the first 30 mins against Wolves, we will easily get points against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd.

Easily???!!!???

could you tell me who is supplying you with your optimism as I want to buy their entire stash!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:06 - Feb 6 with 499 viewsQPR_Jim

I believe we'll stay up. There are a few things in our favour mainly that there are at least three worse teams in this league. Second to that is that we start the race for survival from outside the drop zone. Thirdly we've strengthened well and could take points off of some of the bigger clubs if the players apply themselves well. Fourth would be the fact I think playing all these big teams at the end of the season is good as they can take their eyes off the ball and can often slip-up in the final run-in. Fifth and finally we are QPR, we have great fans and that will hopefully inspire the players to fight tooth and nail when we get behind them.
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:16 - Feb 6 with 482 viewspomanjou

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:06 - Feb 6 by QPR_Jim

I believe we'll stay up. There are a few things in our favour mainly that there are at least three worse teams in this league. Second to that is that we start the race for survival from outside the drop zone. Thirdly we've strengthened well and could take points off of some of the bigger clubs if the players apply themselves well. Fourth would be the fact I think playing all these big teams at the end of the season is good as they can take their eyes off the ball and can often slip-up in the final run-in. Fifth and finally we are QPR, we have great fans and that will hopefully inspire the players to fight tooth and nail when we get behind them.

Nice one Jim.

We will take unexpected points from 'top' teams and we may drop a few unexpectedly. Its the nature of the game. But we are better than more than three other teams and over the course of the season it will all wash out. We will stay up.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:18 - Feb 6 with 480 viewsJAPRANGERS

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 08:14 - Feb 6 by BazWoT

We'll stay up.

stay up and some. We'll be Champions this year.

(always feel optimistic just after sex )
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:21 - Feb 6 with 471 viewsTheBlob

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:18 - Feb 6 by JAPRANGERS

stay up and some. We'll be Champions this year.

(always feel optimistic just after sex )

You only get optimistic once a year?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:34 - Feb 6 with 456 viewsGloryHunter

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:06 - Feb 6 by BromleyHoop

Easily???!!!???

could you tell me who is supplying you with your optimism as I want to buy their entire stash!

There's no point being miserable about it. I felt like topping myself on Saturday, so I've decided the only thing to do is cheer up. We need to start singing "Always look on the bright side of life", as well.
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:59 - Feb 6 with 442 viewsadhoc_qpr

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 13:34 - Feb 6 by GloryHunter

There's no point being miserable about it. I felt like topping myself on Saturday, so I've decided the only thing to do is cheer up. We need to start singing "Always look on the bright side of life", as well.

I couldn't bring myself to read any websites or papers or watch any of the tv highlights shows or Sunday Supplement etc after that game - hugely depressing weekend!

Slowly coming out of my sulk now though and to turn a negative into a positive - even IF we do go down, this team we have now will walk the Championship!
Optimistic People's Only Thread on 19:28 - Feb 6 with 400 viewssilky

Well I am actually glad this Thread has turned out so well, Perhaps Clive should think about putting a 2 Sticky Threads on top one with "Negative Posts Only" & Other with "Positive Posts Only"
So whatever you feel like on that Day you can either feel good about the position we are in or not.

To be honest we are in the best league in the world, who said it would be easy?

Its a shame not too see Clive posting in this Thread, I got a feeling Sat really took it out of him! He has been pretty upbeat about QPR as a team up until then.

Clive come back we need you!!!!!!

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 19:57 - Feb 6 with 388 viewstom007

Optimistic People's Only Thread on 19:28 - Feb 6 by silky

Well I am actually glad this Thread has turned out so well, Perhaps Clive should think about putting a 2 Sticky Threads on top one with "Negative Posts Only" & Other with "Positive Posts Only"
So whatever you feel like on that Day you can either feel good about the position we are in or not.

To be honest we are in the best league in the world, who said it would be easy?

Its a shame not too see Clive posting in this Thread, I got a feeling Sat really took it out of him! He has been pretty upbeat about QPR as a team up until then.

Clive come back we need you!!!!!!

got to believe and as said before there is worse rubbish below us by a long way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024