Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good performance but... 20:32 - Oct 21 with 642 viewsMedwayR

1 up front against 10 men!!!

Do me a favour Hughes, that was our best opportunity of the season for 3pts & we didn't go for it, happy to play pretty football in front of Everton, frustrating ain't the word...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Who’s better?

Good performance but... on 20:37 - Oct 21 with 626 viewsrichranger

Hughes - “On another day I would have been able to put on fresh legs in attacking positions once they went down to ten, but Armand [Traore] can only manage 70 minutes at the moment and Ryan’s [Nelsen] calves were sore after travelling to the other side of the world this week.

“That was a huge hindrance to us, because we had good attacking options but we couldn’t use them today.”
Good performance but... on 20:39 - Oct 21 with 605 viewsMedwayR

Which doesn't explain why he subbed Zamora for Cisse, should've been Park off, move Hoilett to the right with Zamora & Cisse up top in my opinion

Good performance but... on 20:43 - Oct 21 with 593 viewsHollowayRanger

still needs to take some blame for me in taking zamorro off unless he was injured

zamorro cisse
holliett granero diakite taarabt
traore nelsen mbia bosingwa
ceaser

as soon as they went to 10 men weven when we started losing defenders we could have played 3 at the back christ we're at home v 10 men and WE NEED to win

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Good performance but... on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 583 viewsHollowayRanger

Good performance but... on 20:39 - Oct 21 by MedwayR

Which doesn't explain why he subbed Zamora for Cisse, should've been Park off, move Hoilett to the right with Zamora & Cisse up top in my opinion

lol were you watching me type!

hughes on another day.....you might not get many more another days!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Good performance but... on 20:54 - Oct 21 with 520 viewsnoauthority

We were far better once Zamora went off, suddenly there was movement from the striker (cisse), Park came to life, Adel had movement to pick out with his passes, there was overlapping down the right etc etc. Not a huge fan of Hughes right now but Zamora off and Cisse on was absolutely the right decision. The problem is not "one up top".
Good performance but... on 21:01 - Oct 21 with 484 viewsSpiritofGregory

Spot on.

Can't believe we signed a 35 year old who still plays for his international team (on the other side of the world) - ludicrous.
Good performance but... on 21:03 - Oct 21 with 475 viewsMedwayR

I'd suggest it is part of the problem, only 3 teams have scored less than us, we've scored 7 in 8 games (Villa, Norwich, Sunderland 6 goals). We pack the midfield but don't create enough & when we do we don't have enough bodies in the box to finish.

Our biggest problem is our inability to keep a clean sheet and stop conceding soft goals, but we're not scoring enough either. We have a fantastic striker in Cisse but he can't play up front on his own, and we should be setting up to get the best from him, which means 2 up front.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Good performance but... on 21:05 - Oct 21 with 465 viewsPizanti

Let's face it Hughes hasn't got a clue how to take a game to a team ...which is why he hasn't done very well against Mid to lower table teams since he's taken over!

Bit worrying with Reading & Soton home coming up!
Login to get fewer ads

Good performance but... on 21:49 - Oct 21 with 368 viewsRBlock

Good performance but... on 20:54 - Oct 21 by noauthority

We were far better once Zamora went off, suddenly there was movement from the striker (cisse), Park came to life, Adel had movement to pick out with his passes, there was overlapping down the right etc etc. Not a huge fan of Hughes right now but Zamora off and Cisse on was absolutely the right decision. The problem is not "one up top".

This. I do not think BZ had a fantastic game and 1 up front with the likes of Granero, Adel and Junior behind is quality. Cisse is a different type of player and looked dangerous when he came on, just needed to check 1 or 2 of his runs for a second, kept getting caught offside
Good performance but... on 06:09 - Oct 22 with 271 viewsthemodfather

Good performance but... on 21:49 - Oct 21 by RBlock

This. I do not think BZ had a fantastic game and 1 up front with the likes of Granero, Adel and Junior behind is quality. Cisse is a different type of player and looked dangerous when he came on, just needed to check 1 or 2 of his runs for a second, kept getting caught offside

what does park do except sell shirt and bring koreans to HQ?
zamora won't win us fouls or hold the ball up so attacks break down and we're chasing
for all the nice football and possession - no wins and few shots on goal imo
ferdy has been poor but nelsen was good yesterday. hoilett ran em ragged but does he look for the pass?
on the 89th min, cisse has the ball, we're breaking and does he hold it up, let everton "sweat" a bit? no drills one wide....when everton went down to 10 men, approx 61st min, NO SUB WARMED UP UNTIL 67TH!! and we end up with 2 defenders on/off, not chucking on an extra forward .
so after 8/38..3pts and bottom, a 5th of the season ticking by, ALL'S WELL??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024