Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! 20:26 - Feb 3 with 2630 viewsBexleyQPR

I am hoping that other recent signing sports psychologist Steve Black follows HR out of the door. As has been said on here before it is up to the management to motivate the team not a psych.

Poll: Are QPR the Finest Team in all the land?

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 20:30 - Feb 3 with 2596 viewsWeaverQPR

Mumbo Jumbo man.

@WeavQPR

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 20:59 - Feb 3 with 2498 viewsTacticalR

Do not fear the kaizen.

Air hostess clique

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 21:22 - Feb 3 with 2435 viewsMedwayR

Sports Psychology isn't just about motivation, it encompasses all sorts including how to manage and approach different situations, deal with adversity, react to criticism in a positive way, develop good habits, foster team spirit etc etc.

A sports psychologist is arguably more important for youth team players to get their approach, habits and thought process correct at a young age to maximise their talent and I'd hope Steve Black or others is involved with the youth teams.

Obviously the ability to pass a ball 5 yards or get through 90mins is more important but sports psychology still has a place in my opinion.

Poll: Who’s better?

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 21:28 - Feb 3 with 2411 viewsdaveB

What on earth has Steve Black done wrong, I know redknapps gone and we need a new target for our anger but this seems a bit odd
Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 21:42 - Feb 3 with 2373 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Ask Andrew Murray about that one
Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 22:08 - Feb 3 with 2304 viewsRfromItaly

I agree with BexleyQPR - Black was overplayed for our promotion & then went missing when we played badly. This tells us that motivational psychologists have nothing to do with winning football matches. It's nothing personal against Black - he might be ok - the problem is turning football into therapy; it's not. It's about players, tactics & winning. Our problems are deeper than HR & Black's overplayed role is a symptom of HR's failure to command authority - also demonstrated by his constant attempts to pass on coaching to SMcl, GH, etc. We need a manager who leads the team in terms of tactics & motivation. I have posted on this topic before & some have said I'm old fashioned & in today's Prem it's not possible for 1 manager to do everything. That misses the point. Of course, a Prem manager needs fitness & diet people & trusted scouts (missing at our club but we have 'great' motivational coach). Get the point? Therapy has replaced vital football roles! Great Prem managers lead their teams re. motivation, tactics & team selection. HR failed to do that & was right to resign. But the next man in needs to take command & not employ a team of coaches & therapists because this only means the players get mixed messages & lack leadership.

Author of book about Venice, and football articles including personal QPR interviews with Bowles and Marsh. See website: www.dstandish.com

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 22:28 - Feb 3 with 2251 viewsBrightonhoop

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 22:08 - Feb 3 by RfromItaly

I agree with BexleyQPR - Black was overplayed for our promotion & then went missing when we played badly. This tells us that motivational psychologists have nothing to do with winning football matches. It's nothing personal against Black - he might be ok - the problem is turning football into therapy; it's not. It's about players, tactics & winning. Our problems are deeper than HR & Black's overplayed role is a symptom of HR's failure to command authority - also demonstrated by his constant attempts to pass on coaching to SMcl, GH, etc. We need a manager who leads the team in terms of tactics & motivation. I have posted on this topic before & some have said I'm old fashioned & in today's Prem it's not possible for 1 manager to do everything. That misses the point. Of course, a Prem manager needs fitness & diet people & trusted scouts (missing at our club but we have 'great' motivational coach). Get the point? Therapy has replaced vital football roles! Great Prem managers lead their teams re. motivation, tactics & team selection. HR failed to do that & was right to resign. But the next man in needs to take command & not employ a team of coaches & therapists because this only means the players get mixed messages & lack leadership.

I think Joey Barton in particular owes him. It's not the be and end all, but take a look back at the half time huddle in the play offs. He did something very special for us and to slate him is very disrespectful to what he helped achieve.
Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 22:45 - Feb 3 with 2219 viewsrobith

Tbh from what I've seen from twitter, Black is barely involved with the club at all so seems a strange target for ire
Login to get fewer ads

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 23:54 - Feb 3 with 2093 viewsgeorgiosfs

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 22:45 - Feb 3 by robith

Tbh from what I've seen from twitter, Black is barely involved with the club at all so seems a strange target for ire

+ 1
Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 23:59 - Feb 3 with 2083 viewsted_hendrix

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 21:28 - Feb 3 by daveB

What on earth has Steve Black done wrong, I know redknapps gone and we need a new target for our anger but this seems a bit odd

I blame Steve Black entirely for the demise of Harry's kneecaps.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hope psychologist Steve Black, slings his hook too! on 02:00 - Feb 4 with 2018 viewsDannyPaddox

Get rid of Black double quick and appoint the Reading Sufi ...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024