Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Burton View of JFH 16:34 - Oct 29 with 1577 viewsTGRRRSSS

Norf (or whoever) can you remember doing an interview with a Burton fan after the appointment of JFH. Cant remember if it was before a freindly with them or simply you contacted someone at another website.

The thing I recall is how underwhelmed this guy was about JFH leaving, and the alarm bells that I could see in the distance then are ringing loud and clear now.

If I am right and you have that interview somewhere maybe a re print to be looked at again which with hindsight now might make interesting reading.
The Burton View of JFH on 16:45 - Oct 29 with 1539 viewsNorthernr

This one?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/41263/the-burton-al
The Burton View of JFH on 16:56 - Oct 29 with 1484 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thats it.

Some of it was more complimentary but the final answer to the last question gives a hint of what has happened thus far although we ship more goals and are no where near as tight as he suggests we might be.

Think his failings have been highlighted and he probably did ride the good work already done by Rowett.
The Burton View of JFH on 17:01 - Oct 29 with 1463 viewsPunteR

The Burton View of JFH on 16:45 - Oct 29 by Northernr

This one?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/41263/the-burton-al

That manager sounds brilliant, we should give him the job next..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Burton View of JFH on 19:13 - Oct 29 with 1336 viewsLongsufferingR

The Burton View of JFH on 16:56 - Oct 29 by TGRRRSSS

Thats it.

Some of it was more complimentary but the final answer to the last question gives a hint of what has happened thus far although we ship more goals and are no where near as tight as he suggests we might be.

Think his failings have been highlighted and he probably did ride the good work already done by Rowett.

Wow, reading your description and then reading the article itself is like comparing night and day. The guy could hardly have been more complimentary.

Just read the first paragraph of the interview again.
The Burton View of JFH on 08:03 - Oct 30 with 1016 viewsTGRRRSSS

I said it was more complimentary than I remembered BUT the final question is the thing I had remembered, and up to a point I was right, it's just we are not as tight as Burton were under him but we can be dull and a bit boring to be honest, just not as tight at the back.

He suggests things wont be flowing or as exciting as we might like, it's just the many 1-0 wins haven't happened either.

In essence we've got the worst case scenario when JFH's way of playing goes wrong.... whatever it is????
The Burton View of JFH on 08:45 - Oct 30 with 944 viewsQPR_Jim

The Burton View of JFH on 08:03 - Oct 30 by TGRRRSSS

I said it was more complimentary than I remembered BUT the final question is the thing I had remembered, and up to a point I was right, it's just we are not as tight as Burton were under him but we can be dull and a bit boring to be honest, just not as tight at the back.

He suggests things wont be flowing or as exciting as we might like, it's just the many 1-0 wins haven't happened either.

In essence we've got the worst case scenario when JFH's way of playing goes wrong.... whatever it is????

I thought it was interesting that he said Burton were better under JFH than Rowett yet on the list of managers we'd like to replace JFH someone has named Rowett. To me that highlights the pitfalls of changing manager just because we think that the grass will be greener. There's no guarantee that we will improve our results or performances, the only guarantee is that we will tell any prospective managers that they won't be here long enough to develop a team unless they're instantly successful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024