Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Lynch 11:25 - Jul 31 with 4359 viewskingo

Haven't seen his name mentioned but I was very impressed with him when he came on. Powerfully won all his headers and was rock solid in the tackle. We have a very good defence now, just the one main player missing from a very good starting 11

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Joel Lynch on 13:55 - Jul 31 with 3188 viewsNeil_SI

It was definitely a nice cameo from the bench, his experience stood out and shone through and he played like a player who knows what he's doing and what this level of football is all about. When the club talked about signing players who knew and understood the Championship, I think that's exactly what we've got here.

I am curious to see if he operates more as a ball playing type of centre-back versus a bruiser though, he looks like he has the attributes for both, yet he's not quite Clint Hill either in the bruiser sense and that's where we still may struggle defensively.

We did lose our markers once or twice in the box from crosses. That was the only downside to our performance on the day but it wasn't horrendous by any means.
Joel Lynch on 14:53 - Jul 31 with 3070 viewsrsonist

Did nothing wrong to change my mind that the defence as a unit will be better with him there instead of Caulker. Hopefully Bournemouth come in this week and solve the issue for us.
Joel Lynch on 15:36 - Jul 31 with 3002 viewskingo

Hall and Caulker did well but did lose a few headers in the first half though. Lynch was a typical championship CB and was very commanding with his headers and made good distance with them. Whether Caulker stays or goes, we still have a very strong defensive unit with good cover.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 15:48]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Joel Lynch on 16:04 - Jul 31 with 2926 viewscaliforniahoop

I think this guy would have got into the team last season, good player, hard as nails but has a good touch, definitely an upgrade on Hill and I liked Hill.

I for one want Caulker to stay, he isn't a dominant CB yet but a Lynch type next to him would bring the best out of him, he looks focused, he will be an asset.
Joel Lynch on 16:27 - Jul 31 with 2870 viewsrsonist

Joel Lynch on 16:04 - Jul 31 by californiahoop

I think this guy would have got into the team last season, good player, hard as nails but has a good touch, definitely an upgrade on Hill and I liked Hill.

I for one want Caulker to stay, he isn't a dominant CB yet but a Lynch type next to him would bring the best out of him, he looks focused, he will be an asset.

You would really rather we played Caulker ahead of Hall?
Joel Lynch on 18:14 - Jul 31 with 2732 viewscaliforniahoop

A fully fit and firing Caulker would be one of the best CBs in the country, can you say the same about Hall?
Joel Lynch on 18:24 - Jul 31 with 2703 viewsterryb

Joel Lynch on 18:14 - Jul 31 by californiahoop

A fully fit and firing Caulker would be one of the best CBs in the country, can you say the same about Hall?

From what I have seen of them (Hall only for Ramgers, Caulker for a few clubs) I would say that Hall is a better CB. Especially on Caulker's appearances for Rangers & Cardiff.

I wouldn't rate Caulker as one of the best CB's in The Championship, let alone the country!

All to our own opinions though.
Joel Lynch on 18:54 - Jul 31 with 2649 viewsrsonist

I'm not really interested in defenders as individual talents (not that I think Caulker is even particularly special in this regard - how often have you ever actually seen him look the part?). The important thing at any level of football is how they function as a unit and I have very little doubt that Lynch is the better man for that.

Take a look at the tightest, title-winning backlines in this division over the years and tell me how many "best CB in the country" contenders you find.
Login to get fewer ads

Joel Lynch on 19:05 - Jul 31 with 2628 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't know where to start with this.
Joel Lynch on 19:32 - Jul 31 with 2554 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Could say that for many players. Reality is he has never been fully fit and firing, and he always has a mistake in him. The Rob Green of defenders for me. Not to say he is a great competition to have for the defence

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Joel Lynch on 20:43 - Jul 31 with 2413 viewscaliforniahoop

Lol, like that, it's about opinions, I think we will see the real Steven Caulker this season.
Joel Lynch on 21:23 - Jul 31 with 2351 viewschris1969

Grant Hall understands and reads the game, he will do it simple when required. Caulker is a big athlete who often will make the wrong decision and be out of position.

Hall was very consistent last year and has proved to be a better player.
Joel Lynch on 21:56 - Jul 31 with 2289 viewsDorse

Joel Lynch on 19:05 - Jul 31 by Watford_Ranger

I don't know where to start with this.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Joel Lynch on 22:00 - Jul 31 with 2284 viewsrsonist

As Caulker and Hall are former Tottenham youth players of the same age (Hall is actually a couple of months older!) I wonder how much previous they have playing alongside each other.

It's funny the difference in careers they've had. Caulker has had several big money moves, high wages, brief international recognition, dreams of emulating Rio Ferdinand, and all manner of smoke blown up his arse. Hall on the other hand has played far fewer games in total, came up through traditional loan spells, signed with us as a back up and rose through the ranks to first choice. While Caulker may have a (somewhat tattered) reputation he could still get another move off, the two find themselves at more or less the same stage in their development now.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 22:02]
Joel Lynch on 22:27 - Jul 31 with 2233 viewsPunteR

Joel Lynch on 22:00 - Jul 31 by rsonist

As Caulker and Hall are former Tottenham youth players of the same age (Hall is actually a couple of months older!) I wonder how much previous they have playing alongside each other.

It's funny the difference in careers they've had. Caulker has had several big money moves, high wages, brief international recognition, dreams of emulating Rio Ferdinand, and all manner of smoke blown up his arse. Hall on the other hand has played far fewer games in total, came up through traditional loan spells, signed with us as a back up and rose through the ranks to first choice. While Caulker may have a (somewhat tattered) reputation he could still get another move off, the two find themselves at more or less the same stage in their development now.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2016 22:02]

Thats a very good point. I guess Caulker has a better agent or played better earlier in his career. From what ive seen with my own eyes Hall has been a better defender for QPR.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Joel Lynch on 23:19 - Jul 31 with 2145 viewsrsonist

Joel Lynch on 22:27 - Jul 31 by PunteR

Thats a very good point. I guess Caulker has a better agent or played better earlier in his career. From what ive seen with my own eyes Hall has been a better defender for QPR.

Yeah I would totally agree with that. I guess ultimately all players mature in different ways and at different times, you really can't draw any over-arching conclusions from it. Given how often we say that the big problem with English football is young players being hoarded away and not getting meaningful games under their belt, it is interesting to wonder if in Caulker's case that he may have developed bad personal/professional/footballing habits precisely from getting too much exposure too soon. At this point, and in contrast to Hall, he has just as much to unlearn as he has to learn.
Joel Lynch on 08:48 - Aug 1 with 1915 viewssimmo

Nobody reads the game better than Hall and after winning POTY last season, he's done nothing to suggest he should lose his place now. It needs to be one of him and either Lynch or Caulker. Personally I would prefer it to be the former and we sell Caulker. He's still on good money and we can get a decent fee for him. We'd be better off taking the money, using part of it on Andre Pierre or a similar/cheaper option.

This also assumes that Chief will be RB, which I think is a shame as a 'proper' RB would be great, but he's perfectly capable and there won't be many better back 4's at this level than Chief, Hall, Lynch and Bidwell...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Joel Lynch on 09:11 - Aug 1 with 1870 viewsTonto

As someone implied above, to me its about the partnership, rather than individuals - this isn't Football Manager*

Is one of them naturally a left sided CB? (I don't know the answer to this)
Is one of them the talker/organiser? (From what I've read advantage Lynch)
Which players compliment each other/reduce the overall weaknesses (bruiser vs cultured - I like one of each personally)

* Other football related computer games are available.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Joel Lynch on 09:21 - Aug 1 with 1847 viewspaulparker

Hall & Lynch should be our first choice CB pairing , they are the future of the club so why don't we build our team around them
the Rio Ferdinand lIte that is Caulker can do one , he has had his chances and has proved what an absolute liability he is , let him train with sandro in the Park

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Joel Lynch on 09:38 - Aug 1 with 1814 viewsdaveB

I think Caulker will start the season and probably be sold by the end of the month, Lynch is still coming back from an injury so this gives us a chance to ease him in
Joel Lynch on 10:11 - Aug 1 with 1767 viewsjohncharles

Joel Lynch on 22:27 - Jul 31 by PunteR

And on half (?) the wages. Something to consider now we are getting some sanity in our wage structure.

Strong and stable my arse.

Joel Lynch on 10:13 - Aug 1 with 1759 viewscaliforniahoop

If he stays, which I believe he will, we will come back to this at the end of the season.
Joel Lynch on 10:27 - Aug 1 with 1731 viewsAntti_Heinola

It'll be interesting to see how Hal does this year. He had never pulled up trees before he came to us, and I never felt he was quite the player some felt him to be. I thought the lack of expectation on him meant his abilities were exaggerated - although I still certainly thought he was the pick of the squad for the first half of the season. After Feb... not so much. The defence was unsettled so it was understandable to some degree, but I'm hoping he'll push on again now. Tough competition for those two spots though, which is good.

Bare bones.

Joel Lynch on 10:27 - Aug 1 with 1731 viewshoof_hearted

I had completely forgotten about Caulker and thought he was Joel Lynch all the time until the real Joel Lynch came on. My opinion of Caulker without any bias from history was that he was immense and added greatly to the security of the defence.

Then when the real Joel Lynch came on I felt a bit of knut but vowed not to let that cloud my judgement of Caulker's performance and stature.
Joel Lynch on 10:33 - Aug 1 with 1713 viewsdaveB

Joel Lynch on 10:27 - Aug 1 by Antti_Heinola

It'll be interesting to see how Hal does this year. He had never pulled up trees before he came to us, and I never felt he was quite the player some felt him to be. I thought the lack of expectation on him meant his abilities were exaggerated - although I still certainly thought he was the pick of the squad for the first half of the season. After Feb... not so much. The defence was unsettled so it was understandable to some degree, but I'm hoping he'll push on again now. Tough competition for those two spots though, which is good.

would love to see Hall do well but if we are picking the best players he's 3rd choice at the moment behind Lynch and Caulker
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024