Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Chinese Takeover 11:44 - Aug 5 with 2713 viewspaulparker

See West Brom are the latest to be taken over by a Chinese consortium
is this a midlands thing now ?
Be interesting to see if Pullis keeps his job especially seeing as they pulled the plug on the Sakho deal , could be worth a cheeky tenner for him to be the next Prem manager to go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:39 - Aug 5 with 2173 viewsTacticalR

Football developed when Britain was the workshop of the world, so I guess it makes sense that control of British football is passed to the new workshop of the world.

Air hostess clique

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:46 - Aug 5 with 2158 viewsKonk

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:39 - Aug 5 by TacticalR

Football developed when Britain was the workshop of the world, so I guess it makes sense that control of British football is passed to the new workshop of the world.

I opened this post fully expecting to read about Sweet & sour chicken and egg fried rice...it's that level of concentration and attention to detail that saw me amass 5 GCSEs.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:52 - Aug 5 with 2137 viewsTacticalR

That's a different kind of Chinese takeaway.

Since we're on the subject, surely it's only a matter of time before football is moved completely offshore?

Air hostess clique

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:55 - Aug 5 with 2119 viewsNorthernr

We're about a year away from the Premier League being 20 foreign owned teams of almost entirely foreign players.
Another Chinese Takeover on 12:59 - Aug 5 with 2100 viewswestberksr

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:55 - Aug 5 by Northernr

We're about a year away from the Premier League being 20 foreign owned teams of almost entirely foreign players.

that's progress apparently!

best league in the world; sky says so.
Another Chinese Takeover on 13:00 - Aug 5 with 2090 viewsdaveB

Must only be Stoke and Burnley run by Brits now
Another Chinese Takeover on 13:02 - Aug 5 with 2078 viewsKonk

Another Chinese Takeover on 12:52 - Aug 5 by TacticalR

That's a different kind of Chinese takeaway.

Since we're on the subject, surely it's only a matter of time before football is moved completely offshore?

As things stand at the minute:

Foreign: Owners, coaches, players, physios.

English: Mascots (Adults dressed up as cats, dogs, badgers etc - this could be anyone - doesn't need to be English), young mascots forming guard of honour for players by waving cheap flags on small flimsy poles (children - again, any fu cker could do the job), Raffle ticket sellers (ditto), ticket office staff (outsource the fuc ker) and PA announcers (outsource - have some bloke from Chennai doing it over Skype).

Already partially outsourced: Turnstile operators, pie sellers, stewards, fans (once the middle-aged/elderly season ticket holders have died off more capacity will be freed up for greater numbers of Northern European day trippers and American school kids on vacation)

Another Chinese Takeover on 13:07 - Aug 5 with 2056 viewsKonk

Our division must be about 50% foreign owned now?

Login to get fewer ads

Another Chinese Takeover on 13:08 - Aug 5 with 2052 viewsR_from_afar

Ah the Premiership, where else you could watch someone earning twice as much in a year as you'll earn in your lifetime fall over their own feet, lose the ball then stroll back towards their beleaguered defence?

The league that ate itself.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Another Chinese Takeover on 14:24 - Aug 5 with 1982 viewsMonahoop

Probably a few years away from Premier League clubs making their home venues in countries like China, Malaysia, Dubai, USA, etc. This could happen. Be careful of what you wish for.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Another Chinese Takeover on 14:29 - Aug 5 with 1961 viewsMaggsinho

And managers, I think we're down to three English managers in the league now.
Another Chinese Takeover on 14:57 - Aug 5 with 1927 viewsJuzzie

Team / Owner / Manager

AFC Bournemouth / Russian / English
Arsenal / American / French
Burnley / English / English
Chelsea / Russian / Italian
Crystal Palace / English & American / English
Everton / Iranian / Dutch
Hull City / Egyptian / vacant
Leicester City / Thailand / Italian
Liverpool / American / German
Manchester City / UAE / Spanish
Manchester United / American / Portugese
Middlesbrough / English / Spanish
Southampton / German / French
Stoke City / English / Welsh
Sunderland / American / Scottish
Swansea City / American / Italian
Tottenham Hotspur / English / Argentinian
Watford / Italian / Italian
West Bromwich Albion / Chinese / Welsh
West Ham United / Welsh & English / Croation

There you have it. Just one an all-English outfit; Burnley, with Palace a close second.

Six are English or co-English owned.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 14:58]
Another Chinese Takeover on 15:23 - Aug 5 with 1887 viewskensalriser

Teresa May said Brexit means Brexit so I'd expect all this to be sorted soon.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:32 - Aug 5 with 1867 viewsToast_R

Another Chinese Takeover on 14:24 - Aug 5 by Monahoop

Probably a few years away from Premier League clubs making their home venues in countries like China, Malaysia, Dubai, USA, etc. This could happen. Be careful of what you wish for.

This would be the best thing to happen and the only possible outcome that would re-set the uneven playing field.

They can all fook off and we can all start again here in England.
Another Chinese Takeover on 12:36 - Aug 17 with 1698 viewsTacticalR

Article in the Guardian about the takeovers:

'There is certainly good reason to believe the acquisitions have not happened by chance. Last year the Chinese government, under the express direction of premier Xi Jinping, published their Football Reform and Development Program, a 50-point plan with the aim of making China a world footballing power. It has prompted a tidal wave of spending. Most notably this has been in the Chinese Super League itself with the arrival of such Premier League stars as Ramires and Graziano Pellè on massive transfer fees and even greater wages. But it has also meant a splurge of investment in European clubs from Atlético Madrid to Manchester City and even a controversial involvement in the Portuguese second division (the Chinese sponsor of the league had asked that each of the top 10 sides have a Chinese player in their squad — the idea was later abandoned).'

'Simon Chadwick is professor of sports enterprise at Salford Business School. He believes that Chinese investment in UK clubs, and specifically those in the West Midlands, could serve an even broader political purpose. "Recent moves are entirely consistent with other industrial sectors where we have seen a state-driven form of capitalism emerge in which investors and corporations appear to have been working in coordinated ways," he says. "Add to this the British government’s active courting of Chinese investors, especially using football as a lever, and one can hypothesise a scenario in which Wolves, Villa and West Brom haven’t just been independently acquired for football reasons alone."'

How Chinese investment is changing the face of West Midlands football
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/17/chinese-investment-west-brom-as

Air hostess clique

Another Chinese Takeover on 13:53 - Aug 17 with 1571 viewssimmo

Another Chinese Takeover on 13:00 - Aug 5 by daveB

Must only be Stoke and Burnley run by Brits now

Nah there's loads more. West Ham, Sunderland, Swansea. Also Palace still (I think, depends how much the recent investment has taken from Parish and co). Everton I think the majority ownership is still with Kenwright and Tottenham too through Joe Lewis.

Just under half are Brit owned by my reckoning, but as above, I can only see that lasting another 12-18 months especially as nearly all of them have surrendered some part of the business to foreign backers already

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Another Chinese Takeover on 14:02 - Aug 17 with 1564 viewscaliforniahoop

I am involved in funding green energy projects globally and the Chinese are throwing billions at projects, believe me, it's a takeover on several different levels.
Another Chinese Takeover on 14:52 - Aug 17 with 1518 viewsHunterhoop

Another Chinese Takeover on 14:57 - Aug 5 by Juzzie

Team / Owner / Manager

AFC Bournemouth / Russian / English
Arsenal / American / French
Burnley / English / English
Chelsea / Russian / Italian
Crystal Palace / English & American / English
Everton / Iranian / Dutch
Hull City / Egyptian / vacant
Leicester City / Thailand / Italian
Liverpool / American / German
Manchester City / UAE / Spanish
Manchester United / American / Portugese
Middlesbrough / English / Spanish
Southampton / German / French
Stoke City / English / Welsh
Sunderland / American / Scottish
Swansea City / American / Italian
Tottenham Hotspur / English / Argentinian
Watford / Italian / Italian
West Bromwich Albion / Chinese / Welsh
West Ham United / Welsh & English / Croation

There you have it. Just one an all-English outfit; Burnley, with Palace a close second.

Six are English or co-English owned.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 14:58]

In the spirit of large, crude generalisations....

If this were war, you'd have to fancy Liverpool. Quite an intimidating combination.

Tottenham won't end well...

S'oton manager should be worried.

When the going gets tough, Watford will struggle.

And, perfectly, it's no surprise Arsenal are all style no substance.
Another Chinese Takeover on 15:26 - Aug 17 with 1483 viewspaesanu

Another Chinese Takeover on 14:52 - Aug 17 by Hunterhoop

In the spirit of large, crude generalisations....

If this were war, you'd have to fancy Liverpool. Quite an intimidating combination.

Tottenham won't end well...

S'oton manager should be worried.

When the going gets tough, Watford will struggle.

And, perfectly, it's no surprise Arsenal are all style no substance.

Leicester looks like the destination for a slap-up meal though.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:40 - Aug 17 with 1459 viewsMick_S

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:26 - Aug 17 by paesanu

Leicester looks like the destination for a slap-up meal though.

Of to the Harvester in Burnley.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:48 - Aug 17 with 1445 viewsPlanetHonneywood

FYI.

If you ever go to a game in China or are sat next to a Chinese fan and s/he starts shouting something that phonetically sounds like 'shabby', it means c..t in Mandarin!

Do be careful when you go back to you Beijing hotel and avoid saving such things as:

'Yeah I am not to shabby' or 'I think Xavi is a good player' or do what I did in a loud voice just as the ambient sound decreased 'What does shabby (c..t) mean?'

You've been warned.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:49 - Aug 17 with 1444 viewsBoston

Crickey, could be some tough fixtures at Loftus Rd, gawd knows what it'll be like with a billion Triads on the rampage around Shepherds Bush!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:55 - Aug 17 with 1435 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:49 - Aug 17 by Boston

Crickey, could be some tough fixtures at Loftus Rd, gawd knows what it'll be like with a billion Triads on the rampage around Shepherds Bush!

I think we've still got Paladini and Briatore's numbers on redial. Pair of wiseguys like that, bound to be made men.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Another Chinese Takeover on 15:54 - Nov 3 with 1096 viewsTacticalR

Southampton in talks with Chinese firm Lander Sports Development over potential £200m sale
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/02/southampton-in-talks-with-chinese

Air hostess clique

Another Chinese Takeover on 16:47 - Nov 3 with 1045 viewsLongsufferingR

There's always a silver lining:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/john-terry-eyes-up-8m-91846
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024