Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Champ TV deal 09:16 - Jul 6 with 10781 viewsNorthernr

Sky will show 228 live matches from 2019/20 - currently 112. Means they'll have to switch five or six games every weekend.
New Champ TV deal on 09:25 - Jul 6 with 5538 viewsfrancisbowles

As they will be showing so many, maybe they can pick them when the fixtures come out in June!
New Champ TV deal on 09:25 - Jul 6 with 5536 viewsWatford_Ranger

We'll be in League One by then anyway
New Champ TV deal on 09:27 - Jul 6 with 5529 viewsNorthernr

New Champ TV deal on 09:25 - Jul 6 by francisbowles

As they will be showing so many, maybe they can pick them when the fixtures come out in June!

Probably easier to just pick the two dozen or so they don't want.
New Champ TV deal on 09:42 - Jul 6 with 5489 viewsDWQPR

So that will be just over 40% of the total games played in the season, five games a weekend a lot of the time which means Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening, Sunday Lunchtime and no doubt Monday evening, of instead of Monday, Thursday bloody evenings. Starting to turn the Championship into PL2 and it's also starting me thinking that if so many fixtures will be disrupted then bollôcks to it all. I won't be bothered any more.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New Champ TV deal on 09:50 - Jul 6 with 5443 viewsdaveB

I hope the attendances for these games drop massively to show what a stupid idea this is
New Champ TV deal on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 5438 viewsfrancisbowles

New Champ TV deal on 09:42 - Jul 6 by DWQPR

So that will be just over 40% of the total games played in the season, five games a weekend a lot of the time which means Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Saturday evening, Sunday Lunchtime and no doubt Monday evening, of instead of Monday, Thursday bloody evenings. Starting to turn the Championship into PL2 and it's also starting me thinking that if so many fixtures will be disrupted then bollôcks to it all. I won't be bothered any more.

Let's hope the TV money is at least appropriate for 'PL2'!
New Champ TV deal on 11:00 - Jul 6 with 5352 viewsDWQPR

New Champ TV deal on 09:51 - Jul 6 by francisbowles

Let's hope the TV money is at least appropriate for 'PL2'!

It doesn't matter what the level of income will be most of it will still end up in the pockets of the players and the agents, just look at the reports that Sanchez is asking for £400,000 per week to resign for Arsenal. £20million a year for Christ sake. It is ridiculous and obscene and yet Arsenal still charge over £1k for their cheapest tickets. None of this money ever filters down to the real supporters who go week in week out and are ever more inconvenienced by ludicrous kick off times, trying to arrange advanced cheap travel, invariably having to be cancelled, having to miss games because of work commitments etc. The PL and the no doubt soon to be PL2 is more and more for the football thirsty far east and the amount of live football and stupid kick off times will reflect this. Sick to death of it all. Thank god for cricket (except for T20).

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New Champ TV deal on 11:11 - Jul 6 with 5322 viewsHarbour

That's crazy can see every London derby game being moved to a Friday night or Saturday noon ko killing the atmosphere and what sort of notice if any will be given I hate sky
Login to get fewer ads

New Champ TV deal on 11:23 - Jul 6 with 5293 viewscolinallcars

The total amount of games quoted includes the league cup, don't know what it will be called then, so very slightly less disruption to the 3pm saturday ko although still a disgrace. If this goes ahead I think it will be the end for many including me.
New Champ TV deal on 11:35 - Jul 6 with 5254 viewskingsburyR

The norm going forward.

More money for the clubs who never need worry about gate receipts again.

Not that we generated much anyway!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

New Champ TV deal on 11:44 - Jul 6 with 5221 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is this just championship and cup? Not leagues one and two? Wow.

Bare bones.

New Champ TV deal on 11:53 - Jul 6 with 5171 viewsNorthernr

New Champ TV deal on 11:44 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

Is this just championship and cup? Not leagues one and two? Wow.

To accomplish that you'd basically need to have a Thursday, Friday, Saturday am, Saturday pm and Sunday Championship match every weekend with some Mondays.

This post has been edited by an administrator
New Champ TV deal on 11:54 - Jul 6 with 5165 viewsPhildo

Not sure how long skys model is going to remain viable. This will just make more streams available,
New Champ TV deal on 12:07 - Jul 6 with 5094 viewstoboboly

New Champ TV deal on 11:53 - Jul 6 by Northernr

To accomplish that you'd basically need to have a Thursday, Friday, Saturday am, Saturday pm and Sunday Championship match every weekend with some Mondays.

Jesus wept this is going to be carnage.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

New Champ TV deal on 12:09 - Jul 6 with 5082 viewsNorthernr

New Champ TV deal on 12:07 - Jul 6 by toboboly

Jesus wept this is going to be carnage.

well it's going to look increasingly like the Spanish fixture list which is staggered across the entire weekend. completely ignores the differing cultures of away support in the two countries of course but putting qpr v wolves on a Thursday night told you everything you need to know about how much Sky care about whether the ground is full or not.
New Champ TV deal on 12:09 - Jul 6 with 5078 viewsMick_S

They should have a countdown clock on the go until 2019 - when football was truly fecked up in this country.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New Champ TV deal on 12:12 - Jul 6 with 5062 viewsAntti_Heinola

Although i guess they'll be allowed to show tue and wed games and there are a lot of them out n the season. Is it possible they might even put 2 matches on at the same time?

Bare bones.

New Champ TV deal on 12:13 - Jul 6 with 5056 viewsNorthernr

New Champ TV deal on 12:12 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

Although i guess they'll be allowed to show tue and wed games and there are a lot of them out n the season. Is it possible they might even put 2 matches on at the same time?

God only knows, but think of the disruption 112 causes already and then double it.
New Champ TV deal on 12:17 - Jul 6 with 5029 viewsMrSheen

New Champ TV deal on 12:13 - Jul 6 by Northernr

God only knows, but think of the disruption 112 causes already and then double it.

There goes my idea for the Burton Channel.
New Champ TV deal on 12:34 - Jul 6 with 4970 viewsparker64

Aren't the club bringing out their own streaming of games. Might just get that then.
New Champ TV deal on 13:08 - Jul 6 with 4814 viewsrajman

New Champ TV deal on 12:34 - Jul 6 by parker64

Aren't the club bringing out their own streaming of games. Might just get that then.

I heard that sky were going to revamp thier Sports channels and have 2 or 3 dedicated football channels. They probably had to secure the Championship as it looks like they won't be getting Champs league back anytime soon. They would have to shop 4-5 games from the Championship every week.
New Champ TV deal on 13:30 - Jul 6 with 4728 viewsloftus77

New Champ TV deal on 09:25 - Jul 6 by Watford_Ranger

We'll be in League One by then anyway

This...

Yep, we're confident that this news will be relevant to us??
New Champ TV deal on 13:38 - Jul 6 with 4696 viewskingsburyR

We could always go watch hockey of rugby.

Still lots of Saturday kick offs!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

New Champ TV deal on 13:39 - Jul 6 with 4690 viewsnadera78

New Champ TV deal on 13:08 - Jul 6 by rajman

I heard that sky were going to revamp thier Sports channels and have 2 or 3 dedicated football channels. They probably had to secure the Championship as it looks like they won't be getting Champs league back anytime soon. They would have to shop 4-5 games from the Championship every week.

They're going with (something like) one main sports channel, a football channel, a cricket channel, a golf channel, a F1 channel.

How they price those, and what packages you can get, will be interesting to see. And the knock-on effect too. For example, the football contracts don't pay for themselves through SKY subscribers, so other sports fans effectively subsidise football. A lot of Rugby League fans don't like the fact that their SKY subscriptions do that, but then on the flip side SKY know that RL is a popular TV sport for football subscribers. Curious to see how they're modelling this whole thing.

And for FL clubs like QPR this could be very damaging indeed. I'd imagine season ticket sales will fall through the floor due to the fixture irregularity, meaning each individual game will have to promoted more, which is an additional and unwanted expense. The benefit of season tickets is that the club knows well in advance what its income is likely to be, so losing that certainty will make it very difficult to plan in advance.
New Champ TV deal on 13:46 - Jul 6 with 4641 viewsTacticalR

Football clubs are just TV studios, and it looks like they are on the way to being closed to live audiences.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024