Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manisha Taylor 18:00 - May 8 with 7174 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I read she has now departed after 8 years and countless different roles within the youth set up. Best of luck Manisha!

Is this a case of casting off the dead wood or her going off to bigger and better things? I've read that they are looking at revamping the youth set up, is she a casualty?

Lets hope they are streamlining slightly and looking at that next generation!
Manisha Taylor on 18:04 - May 8 with 4241 viewsdaveB

article says she's going to a Premier League club
Manisha Taylor on 18:32 - May 8 with 4134 viewsSuperhoops2808

As Dave says, she is going to a Premier League Club and also working with the England U15's - An opportunity not to be missed for her and far from deadwood I would say but a loss for us
Manisha Taylor on 18:49 - May 8 with 4041 viewsDorse

Manisha Taylor on 18:04 - May 8 by daveB

article says she's going to a Premier League club

Long as it ain't Chelsea...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Manisha Taylor on 18:51 - May 8 with 4031 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, she rose through the ranks in eight years, ended up with the National FA, and now she's on the way to a top division club, so she's clearly talented. Whenever I've read her or watched her I always found her inspiring, empathetic and eloquent; the kind of coach I'd want to be coached by. I wish her well.

As for Rangers, I view this the same as I view a player leaving. Do we have the knowledge to recruit someone better?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manisha Taylor on 19:00 - May 8 with 3967 viewsDorse

Manisha Taylor on 18:51 - May 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, she rose through the ranks in eight years, ended up with the National FA, and now she's on the way to a top division club, so she's clearly talented. Whenever I've read her or watched her I always found her inspiring, empathetic and eloquent; the kind of coach I'd want to be coached by. I wish her well.

As for Rangers, I view this the same as I view a player leaving. Do we have the knowledge to recruit someone better?

Not personally. I'll ask around.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Manisha Taylor on 19:03 - May 8 with 3933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Manisha Taylor on 19:00 - May 8 by Dorse

Not personally. I'll ask around.

Damn.
You were on my list.

Actually, you were my list.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Manisha Taylor on 21:30 - May 8 with 3582 viewsdmm

She's joined Spurs as their International Development Coach.
Manisha Taylor on 21:46 - May 8 with 3512 viewsconnell10

Manisha Taylor on 21:30 - May 8 by dmm

So definitely a big step up . We'll done to her.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Manisha Taylor on 22:38 - May 8 with 3372 viewsHAYESBOY

https://trainingground.guru/articles/tailor-leaves-qpr-after-eight-years-to-join

Smells like a trout farm in here

Manisha Taylor on 02:01 - May 9 with 3153 viewsnumptydumpty

Nice for us to have someone move further up the football ladder, instead of falling off completely or slipping down several rungs.

Well done Manisha. Good for you. Hope it goes well.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Manisha Taylor on 03:42 - May 9 with 3112 viewsswisscottage

Now if only we could produce some players from our Academy
Manisha Taylor on 15:43 - May 9 with 2707 viewspaulhoop2

Very much a Ramsey favourite

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Manisha Taylor on 17:43 - May 9 with 2537 viewsDeanoMD

Manisha Taylor on 21:30 - May 8 by dmm

Spurs? What a surprise, I wonder who helped her get that gig.....

Part of the Les n Chris crew, promised much but delivered pretty much nothing, pleased she's gone.
Manisha Taylor on 11:03 - May 10 with 2169 viewsMrSheen

No fee? Nourry must go.
Manisha Taylor on 11:15 - May 10 with 2099 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 17:43 - May 9 by DeanoMD

Spurs? What a surprise, I wonder who helped her get that gig.....

Part of the Les n Chris crew, promised much but delivered pretty much nothing, pleased she's gone.

The establishment loves the EDI stuff, and she's an EDI Unicorn, so lucky her.

I doubt the quality of her coaching is remarkably better than any other ex-primary school teacher turned football coach, maybe I'm wrong and our first team will be full of current under-9s in a decade, but I doubt it. If anything her position suggests she's moved away from coaching and more into the management of coaching, whatever that is worth.

Strange old country we live in.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Manisha Taylor on 11:43 - May 10 with 1985 viewsTheChef

Manisha Taylor on 11:15 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

I doubt the quality of her coaching is remarkably better than any other ex-primary school teacher turned football coach, maybe I'm wrong and our first team will be full of current under-9s in a decade, but I doubt it. If anything her position suggests she's moved away from coaching and more into the management of coaching, whatever that is worth.

EDI?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manisha Taylor on 11:44 - May 10 with 1968 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 11:43 - May 10 by TheChef

EDI?

Google is free, let's not do it on here

Manisha Taylor on 11:48 - May 10 with 1952 viewsTheChef

Manisha Taylor on 11:44 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

Google is free, let's not do it on here

Ah equality diversity and inclusion.

Didn't think it was electronic data interchange.

I really don't know enough about her but who knows, maybe she is good at her job.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manisha Taylor on 12:07 - May 10 with 1841 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 11:48 - May 10 by TheChef

Ah equality diversity and inclusion.

Didn't think it was electronic data interchange.

I really don't know enough about her but who knows, maybe she is good at her job.

Maybe she is, loads of youth football coaches are good, some great...They don't often get MBEs for it though, and certainly don't find themselves being given vague roles around "player development" at premier league clubs....

Manisha Taylor on 12:33 - May 10 with 1785 viewsdmm

Manisha Taylor must be doing something right to have been recruited by Spurs. It's as simple as that.
Manisha Taylor on 12:45 - May 10 with 1728 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 12:33 - May 10 by dmm

Manisha Taylor must be doing something right to have been recruited by Spurs. It's as simple as that.

Timo Werner approves this message

Manisha Taylor on 12:57 - May 10 with 1704 viewsE17hoop

Manisha Taylor on 12:07 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

Maybe she is, loads of youth football coaches are good, some great...They don't often get MBEs for it though, and certainly don't find themselves being given vague roles around "player development" at premier league clubs....

She is a great coach with a UEFA A licence, the highest practical coaching award available. Her MBE was for her work raising awareness of football and diversity.

The role she has taken at Spurs is International Development Coach. Spurs have a global player development programme with some 45k players and coaches involved with their pathways. They have a global reach; this is why they attract players from all over the world to their teams. As we want the U8s upwards at QPR to develop a consistent way of playing, Spurs have that through player development programmes, player ID festivals and academies. It's a bit more than a vague role.

You can nominate anyone you think deserves an MBE and the awarding panel assumed she deserved it. If there are great coaches without MBEs, feel free to nominate them yourself. https://www.nominate-uk-honour.service.gov.uk/

Alternatively, you might want to recommend someone, or apply yourself, for the Head of Methodology at QPR. Have a look at the job description and job spec and feel free to apply - you've got until 5pm today:

The Clubs Head of Methodology jobs purpose:

To lead on the development and monitoring of the Club’s game model and coaching methodology across all QPR teams.
Oversee the implementation of the Club’s game model and coaching methodology across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
Play a key role in the production of Academy-developed players ready to for the First Team.

Role Accountabilities & Key Duties:

To lead on the development and monitoring of the Club’s game model and coaching methodology across all QPR teams.
To oversee the implementation of the Club’s game model and coaching methodology across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
To design age-appropriate coaching curriculums to support the Club’s development strategy.
To lead on the design of appraisal systems for training sessions in line with the Club’s methodology and game model.
To work collaboratively with Performance, Recruitment, and Analysis staff to ensure there is clear understanding of the methodology and its implementation into the overall strategy and daily decision-making.
To oversee the game model document that sets-out the Club’s playing philosophy via written descriptions, images, video, and data.
To design technical data scoring systems to evaluate individual and team performances.
To work closely with the Assistant Heads of Methodology to align the delivery of the methodology across all phases of the game including set-pieces.

Coach Education:

To lead on the delivery & implementation of the Coaches Competency Framework (CCF) for Coaching Staff across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
To undertake observations that support the individual Development Actions Plans (DAPs) of Coaching Staff across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
To regularly observe training sessions and fixtures to ensure that staff are supported with delivery methods.
To provide the Academy’s link with the designated FA Youth Coach Developer, ensuring that the training needs assessments of all Academy Coaching Staff are considered.
To lead on the design and delivery of Academy learning and development events.

Pathway Management:

To play a key role in the production of Academy-developed players ready to for the First Team.
To work closely with the Academy Director and Head of Integrated Performance to design, monitor and evaluate individual performance and development plans for Professional Development Phase players.
To provide insightful contributions towards the Club’s succession planning meetings.
To be a member of the Academy Management Team (AMT), attending all meetings and providing relevant updates.
To support the delivery of review meetings with players & parents/carers in line with EPPP requirements.

Leadership:

To work closely with the Academy Director to design technical documents to support the Academy’s Performance Plan.
To provide line-management and mentoring support to Academy Coaching Staff.
To conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
To promote a culture of innovation across the Coaching Department, ensuring that regular research is conducted into new ways of working.
To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
To deliver all other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of this position.

Safeguarding:

To have or develop an impeccable knowledge of safeguarding best practice to include a deep understanding of safeguarding children’s regulations, including legislation & governing body rules.
To ensure that any safeguarding or welfare concerns are reporting efficiently.
To comply with all company policies/procedures and adhere to all company regulations regarding policies, procedures, health, safety, and security.

Application Process:
If you are interested in this position, then please forward your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability to jobs@qpr.co.uk with “Head of Methodology” as the subject.

The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th May 2024. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/head-of-methodology-at-qpr-fc-3916834378/

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Manisha Taylor on 13:11 - May 10 with 1614 viewsChrisNW6

Don't forget she was just an ex primary school teacher 😂

As the father of two girls, I find the way this thread has been twisted from congratulating a great female role model into something a bit unsavoury. Why twist every story with the same tired agenda, move on the world has changed for the better.
Manisha Taylor on 13:31 - May 10 with 1499 viewsSheffieldHoop

Manisha Taylor on 12:57 - May 10 by E17hoop

She is a great coach with a UEFA A licence, the highest practical coaching award available. Her MBE was for her work raising awareness of football and diversity.

The role she has taken at Spurs is International Development Coach. Spurs have a global player development programme with some 45k players and coaches involved with their pathways. They have a global reach; this is why they attract players from all over the world to their teams. As we want the U8s upwards at QPR to develop a consistent way of playing, Spurs have that through player development programmes, player ID festivals and academies. It's a bit more than a vague role.

You can nominate anyone you think deserves an MBE and the awarding panel assumed she deserved it. If there are great coaches without MBEs, feel free to nominate them yourself. https://www.nominate-uk-honour.service.gov.uk/

Alternatively, you might want to recommend someone, or apply yourself, for the Head of Methodology at QPR. Have a look at the job description and job spec and feel free to apply - you've got until 5pm today:

The Clubs Head of Methodology jobs purpose:

Oversee the implementation of the Club’s game model and coaching methodology across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
Play a key role in the production of Academy-developed players ready to for the First Team.

Role Accountabilities & Key Duties:

To oversee the implementation of the Club’s game model and coaching methodology across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
To design age-appropriate coaching curriculums to support the Club’s development strategy.
To lead on the design of appraisal systems for training sessions in line with the Club’s methodology and game model.
To work collaboratively with Performance, Recruitment, and Analysis staff to ensure there is clear understanding of the methodology and its implementation into the overall strategy and daily decision-making.
To oversee the game model document that sets-out the Club’s playing philosophy via written descriptions, images, video, and data.
To design technical data scoring systems to evaluate individual and team performances.
To work closely with the Assistant Heads of Methodology to align the delivery of the methodology across all phases of the game including set-pieces.

Coach Education:

To lead on the delivery & implementation of the Coaches Competency Framework (CCF) for Coaching Staff across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
To undertake observations that support the individual Development Actions Plans (DAPs) of Coaching Staff across all phases of the Academy and the Women’s Team.
To regularly observe training sessions and fixtures to ensure that staff are supported with delivery methods.
To provide the Academy’s link with the designated FA Youth Coach Developer, ensuring that the training needs assessments of all Academy Coaching Staff are considered.
To lead on the design and delivery of Academy learning and development events.

Pathway Management:

To play a key role in the production of Academy-developed players ready to for the First Team.
To work closely with the Academy Director and Head of Integrated Performance to design, monitor and evaluate individual performance and development plans for Professional Development Phase players.
To provide insightful contributions towards the Club’s succession planning meetings.
To be a member of the Academy Management Team (AMT), attending all meetings and providing relevant updates.
To support the delivery of review meetings with players & parents/carers in line with EPPP requirements.

Leadership:

To work closely with the Academy Director to design technical documents to support the Academy’s Performance Plan.
To provide line-management and mentoring support to Academy Coaching Staff.
To conduct performance appraisals for direct reports.
To promote a culture of innovation across the Coaching Department, ensuring that regular research is conducted into new ways of working.
To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
To deliver all other duties that may arise from time to time and fall within the scope of this position.

Safeguarding:

To have or develop an impeccable knowledge of safeguarding best practice to include a deep understanding of safeguarding children’s regulations, including legislation & governing body rules.
To ensure that any safeguarding or welfare concerns are reporting efficiently.
To comply with all company policies/procedures and adhere to all company regulations regarding policies, procedures, health, safety, and security.

Application Process:
If you are interested in this position, then please forward your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability to jobs@qpr.co.uk with “Head of Methodology” as the subject.

The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 10th May 2024. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/head-of-methodology-at-qpr-fc-3916834378/

She's a sacred cow. I already got that from all those fawning articles on the offish. The non-cult members amongst us are allowed to have an opinion as well. Sorry that it offends you.

Manisha Taylor on 13:45 - May 10 with 1436 viewsBklynRanger

Manisha Taylor on 11:15 - May 10 by SheffieldHoop

I only came on for a casual up-vote but see it's culture wars time again on here on Friday afternoon.

But yes, Shef, you're right, the establishment does love a bit of EDI - for better or worse. A lot of people will think for the better but let's leave that part alone: my problem is you're admitting you don't know if she's any good, and that you won't be in a position to tell for another decade.

So why jump on her? Both things can be true: the EDI stuff, and the possibility that she deserves the job regardless of any other factors. Tearing her down without knowing just feels knee jerk to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024