Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please own up 20:18 - Jan 24 with 2450 viewsColDale

Surely this is one of our lot on the other side of the iron curtain

Hi David,

I have watched all of you interviews so far, and on the whole they are far more impressive than the previous four incumbents of the managers hot seat at the JD Stadium. I have one issue to raise with you, your adulation of Rochdale AFC.

I am of the age where Rochdale are our main rivals (under 30 years old). In every interview you talk about there amazing squad/procedures or recruitment and it is highly frustrating. Would you have found fergie saying the same about liverpool or more recently city???

Whilst i understand you have a history there and an obvious friendship with Keith Hill, can we please aim a bit higher than a team with two promotions in its entire history?

I have let these feeling bottle up to attempt to create a sense of unity at Bury FC, which has led to quite a few outbursts today on social media and the MB. Whilst i dont object to signing ex dale players (contrary to what i have said in my more hot headed moments today), i think its more that i know whats coming in the next interview, more of a dale love in.

So please remember who you manage now and dont hand your mate three points in march because this fixture matters to a large proportion of our fan base.

Cheers

This post has been edited by an administrator
Please own up on 20:21 - Jan 24 with 2411 viewsboromat

Just brilliant!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Please own up on 20:23 - Jan 24 with 2373 viewspnc4eva1

In the words of Shaggy

'It wasn't me'

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Please own up on 20:26 - Jan 24 with 2335 viewsRAFCBLUE

At least this correspondent is getting behind the lads.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Please own up on 20:31 - Jan 24 with 2284 viewsClivert

'We only hate Bolton Wanderers'.
Please own up on 21:10 - Jan 24 with 2084 viewsChaffRAFC

Very, very ace

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Please own up on 21:33 - Jan 24 with 1983 viewsTVOS1907

It's up to four pages now. Outrage on every post!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Please own up on 21:50 - Jan 24 with 1894 viewsRAFCBLUE

At what point of the evening do you think that Gordon will delete it?

I'd be outraged if Stewart Day was our Chairman.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Please own up on 21:58 - Jan 24 with 1838 viewssandylaner1

Login to get fewer ads

Please own up on 22:07 - Jan 24 with 1762 viewsrobbowood

Please own up on 21:50 - Jan 24 by RAFCBLUE

It would seem Mr Day is rather busy at the moment looking at plots of land

"The Shakers own training ground — Lower Gigg — has been left virtually waterlogged after recent bad weather, to such an extent that manager David Flitcroft will only use it one day a week. That has led to a frantic search for alternative facilities, with the Bury players being put through their paces at Leigh Sports Village and the Trafford Soccerdome, before Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside loaned out the club’s Lostock base for a morning last Wednesday.

“It was an incredible gift for us,” said Flitcroft. I said to the chairman that it was the first time at the football club (since arriving in December) that I’ve felt like a real coach — I could set up the session and we could really enjoy our work on a good surface. It lifts everyone and I really want to thank Bolton for that.

"Flitcroft’s long-term ambition is for Bury to have training facilities to match their neighbours. The chairman understands that this is paramount,” he said.

“He has been out over the last two weeks looking at different sites and locations and he won’t leave a stone unturned to try to find us that plot of land where we can be out morning, noon and night developing people.”

Surely there must be a Dale fan who can recommend to Mr Day a plot of land on the other side of Heywood capable of "developing people" so that when they are back in their "rightful place" in the Championship we won't begrudge them having training facilities to match BWFC
Please own up on 22:17 - Jan 24 with 1720 views442Dale

Flitcroft is terrific.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Please own up on 22:21 - Jan 24 with 1695 viewsD_Alien

I'm slightly worried about this "developing people" business.

Can we expect to see greenhouses around lower gigg with pots growing mini-Days?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Please own up on 22:25 - Jan 24 with 1672 viewsraadale

Agent Flitcroft will see the shakers right I'm sure :)
[Post edited 24 Jan 2014 22:25]
Please own up on 22:41 - Jan 24 with 1585 viewsTrue_Blue2

Please own up on 21:50 - Jan 24 by RAFCBLUE

He's been on there removing the asterisks that posters are using in place of swear words - "MODERATORS NOTE: DO NOT USE ASTERISKS AS A REPLACEMENT FOR FOUL OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE"
Please own up on 22:50 - Jan 24 with 1550 viewsD_Alien

Please own up on 22:41 - Jan 24 by True_Blue2

He's been on there removing the asterisks that posters are using in place of swear words - "MODERATORS NOTE: DO NOT USE ASTERISKS AS A REPLACEMENT FOR FOUL OR ABUSIVE LANGUAGE"

Would anyone have the Gaul to do that?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Please own up on 22:59 - Jan 24 with 1511 viewsblackpoolcol

got to feel sorry for Flicker, he praises Dale, signs ex-Dale and then uses Bolton's training facilities and praises them.

Hope he has a good waterproof outfit for all the phlem that will be spat out from the "anti Dale" and "our rivals are Bolton" camps

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Please own up on 23:08 - Jan 24 with 1455 viewsdale_spotland

Judging from twitter it would seem that this post was a Bury fan, goes by the name of libertine dreamer! Now there's a surprise!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Please own up on 23:12 - Jan 24 with 1432 viewsTrue_Blue2

Please own up on 22:59 - Jan 24 by blackpoolcol

got to feel sorry for Flicker, he praises Dale, signs ex-Dale and then uses Bolton's training facilities and praises them.

Hope he has a good waterproof outfit for all the phlem that will be spat out from the "anti Dale" and "our rivals are Bolton" camps

You never know, they might start throwing batteries at him.
Please own up on 23:15 - Jan 24 with 1423 viewsroccydaleian

Please own up on 23:12 - Jan 24 by True_Blue2

You never know, they might start throwing batteries at him.

Don't forget the golf balls.
Please own up on 05:49 - Jan 25 with 1203 viewsR17ALE

The same poster as the OP , who to be fair to him has posted on here under the same handle, Libertine Dreamer, posted the following gem in a fit of pique, yesterday. I don't know which quality signing it was that tipped him to the edge, but if you want to measure bitterness, just take a look at this for message board gold!! (tbf he was shouted down)

"Rather not bother. Prefer to get relegated than have a team full of fail. I know the old boys network on ere dont see them as our main rivals, but i do. Grimes hasnt exactly lit the place up?! Doing his mate hilly a favour again."

I promise I have not invented this! A bucket really did post this in earnest! LB needs to book in with Betty Ford to get his blood pressure down methinks.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024