Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PROMOTED with 2 runs required from 1 delivery 11:47 - Feb 2 with 19582 viewsRAFCBLUE

Been looking at the 2009-10 season - there are lots of similarities in the League makeup after 28/29 games, a tight bunch of eight clubs all playing for three places but with a couple (Chesterfield, Scunthorpe) one game better than the rest.

To beat our best ever L2 season (3rd) we need from the last 18 games:

36 points: (12 wins, 11 wins 3 draws, 10 wins, 6 draws, 9 wins 9 draws)
39 goals:

Unlikely we will be able to be the goals against record, only 14 more from now which shows you the quality of Craig Dawson in the promotion season.

The run in starts here - could be very very close.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 17:37]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

29 runs required from 15 deliveries on 10:40 - Mar 3 with 4406 viewsDorsetDale

29 runs required from 15 deliveries on 10:15 - Feb 19 by TalkingSutty

Now is the time to really start going into games all guns blazing. Whoever puts a run together now (we are in the middle of one) will probably go straight up and avoid the play offs.

The teams who wait for things to happen (dont seize the initiative) will miss out. Its the nervy stage of the season and the best way to combat nerves is to get on the front foot.

We are a better team when playing at a high tempo so lets not over think the tactics, get at the opposition and dont die wondering. The over achieving comments are a weakness, this squad of players are good enough to go straight up and they know it. No fear!!

Replying to this particular post 'cos it's probably more relevant now than when TS posted it. After Bury, we have 5 of the bottom 6 to play. There's a reason they are down that end and Dale are where they are - over the season we've been proved to have the better players - whilst they may be fighting for survival, Dale should hold on to the knowledge they are technically better and not show too much respect. We certainly have fitter players so yes, go at 'em all guns blazing, if we can't break them down early doors, superior ball control and fitness should see us over the line in most of these games.
It may seem I'm being dismissive - even big-clubbish to some - of those sides, I'm not, just optimistic that this run in to the season's end could bring massive rewards for the club as a whole but in particular, Hill and Dunphy as well as us fans.
I've gone so far, may as well say it, come May, CHAMPIONS!!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

22 runs required from 12 deliveries on 10:36 - Mar 8 with 4297 viewsRAFCBLUE

22 points: (7 wins 1 draw; 6 wins 4 draws; 5 wins 7 draws) required.

29 goals required
12 goals still to concede

Three clean sheets on the bounce - the third achieved with a man less than the opposition and some really committed defending and goalkeeping. How long can we save those twelve goals?

More worryingly with Hogan doubtful and Hendo suspended for Tuesday - who will step up and start reducing the 29 goals needed?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

22 runs required from 12 deliveries on 12:20 - Mar 8 with 4217 viewsTVOS1907

22 runs required from 12 deliveries on 10:36 - Mar 8 by RAFCBLUE

29 goals required
12 goals still to concede

Three clean sheets on the bounce - the third achieved with a man less than the opposition and some really committed defending and goalkeeping. How long can we save those twelve goals?

More worryingly with Hogan doubtful and Hendo suspended for Tuesday - who will step up and start reducing the 29 goals needed?

Obviously Hogan is a massive loss, although I've just mentioned to R17ALE that in January, after the transfer talk started, he was poor/not even picked against Hartlepool, Plymouth and Chesterfield and we gained seven points and scored eight goals.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

22 runs required from 11 deliveries on 22:24 - Mar 11 with 4115 viewsRAFCBLUE

28 goals required
10 goals still to concede

Going to be very, very tight.

22 runs required from 11 deliveries on 22:28 - Mar 11 with 4107 viewsSalwaDale

22 runs required from 11 deliveries on 22:24 - Mar 11 by RAFCBLUE

28 goals required
10 goals still to concede

Going to be very, very tight.

Promotion form required from here on in to gain promotion. What a great position to be in, not easy but not impossible.

TBBT

22 runs required from 11 deliveries on 18:33 - Mar 12 with 4023 viewsBromsgroveDale

Final table based on point accrual thus far (given that most of the top 9 teams are 78% of the way through the season) and that each team will continue to accrue points at the same rate:

1 Chesterfield 81pts
2 Rochdale 80
3 Scunthorpe 79
4 Burton 77
5 Fleetwood 74
6 Oxford Utd 70
7 Plymouth 67
8 Southend 65
9 York 63

Formerly Bournemouth Dale

22 runs required from 12 deliveries on 10:13 - Mar 13 with 3939 viewsdingdangblue

22 runs required from 12 deliveries on 12:20 - Mar 8 by TVOS1907

Obviously Hogan is a massive loss, although I've just mentioned to R17ALE that in January, after the transfer talk started, he was poor/not even picked against Hartlepool, Plymouth and Chesterfield and we gained seven points and scored eight goals.

Although 'his head wasn't right' the only game Hogan didn't start was the Plymouth game in Jan. Even an off form Hogan will keep the defenders on their toes and be a threat and asset to our starting 11. We would struggle to get a short term replacement on loan who would adequately fill Hogans boots. I am worried about Saturday as Accrington will be a tough game and Molynuex I'm sure will want to show Hilly what he could've done. Just hoping Henderson and Lund returning will make a difference and prove Tuesday was just a blip.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

19 runs required from 10 deliveries on 17:22 - Mar 15 with 3840 viewsRAFCBLUE

19 points: (6 wins 1 draw; 5 wins 4 draws) required.

26 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM today for me: libertinedreamer
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 18:05]

Login to get fewer ads

19 runs required from 10 deliveries on 17:58 - Mar 15 with 3727 viewsdalefertcup2

19 runs required from 10 deliveries on 17:22 - Mar 15 by RAFCBLUE

19 points: (6 wins 1 draw; 5 wins 4 draws) required.

26 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM today for me: libertinedreamer
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 18:05]

4 wins + 7 draws will be tricky ;-)

Smartarse
19 runs required from 10 deliveries on 18:08 - Mar 15 with 3685 viewsRAFCBLUE

19 runs required from 10 deliveries on 17:58 - Mar 15 by dalefertcup2

4 wins + 7 draws will be tricky ;-)

Smartarse

Like bury football clubs - getting the numbers right is not my strength!

19 runs required from 10 deliveries on 12:01 - Mar 16 with 3505 viewsaleanddale

19 from 10

Bring it on.... It is going to be close.
16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 22:18 - Mar 18 with 3344 viewsRAFCBLUE

16 points: (5 wins 1 draw; 4 wins 4 draws) required.

23 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM tonight for me: libertinedreamer

16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 22:40 - Mar 18 with 3259 viewslove_the_dale

Let's calm down . With 9 games left -

Still 13 points required to guarantee the play-offs.
Still 22 points required to guarantee promotion.
Still 26 points required to guarantee the Championship.

I am open to correction.
16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 23:01 - Mar 18 with 3184 viewsdalefan

From when the op started we are now half way through. We needed 36 points from 18 games. We have got 20 points from the first 9
Here's hoping for the same return from the next 9
Not wanting to upset the FGs but does anyone know the number of points needed to win the league over the last few years, i.e. One point above second
Hope I am not getting carried away
16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 07:29 - Mar 19 with 3047 viewsaleanddale

16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 23:01 - Mar 18 by dalefan

From when the op started we are now half way through. We needed 36 points from 18 games. We have got 20 points from the first 9
Not wanting to upset the FGs but does anyone know the number of points needed to win the league over the last few years, i.e. One point above second

Lets just get to Wycombe and do our best to make it 13 from 8 and we can take it from there.

Impossible to do the maths accuratly as to many variables but it is in our hands.

20 points from the last 9 is champions form.

Replicate that and it is highly probable we will finish 1st.
16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 07:33 - Mar 19 with 3007 viewssweetcorn

16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 23:01 - Mar 18 by dalefan

Last season 80 would have been enough to secure the title. 89-2012, 82-2011, 84-2010, 80- 2009.

So averaged over the last 5 season's we'd have to be looking at around 83 points for the title, but i think its going to be a similar season to last where a fairly low points tally is needed, because the teams are close to similar standards throughout the league.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 10:54 - Mar 19 with 2883 viewsdingdangblue

Promotion season ,amazingly at this stage we had 78pts with 9 games to go. Now we all know we collapsed into a heap on that run in . The pressure of 40 years and a long season front running was eventually our downfall - along with Notts County having a record breaking run in. This team hopefully we have hit the top just at the right time and its fantastic our strength in depth. The players who have stepped in recently are all fresh and raring to go. Whatever happens in the next 9 games its going to go down as an amazing season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 11:47 - Mar 19 with 2830 viewsFrog

Another amazing season under KH!
I'm really surprised how he's done it, put together an excellent squad and paid how much? I can't actually remember if we paid for anybody, did we? Either way he's done way beyond my expectations and whatever the outcome it's been a season to be proud of.
So glad he's proved the accusers that he was just Flickers mouthpiece were, as I expected, bollocks.
16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 12:16 - Mar 19 with 2786 viewspaulscho

Think he gave us just the BOOST we all needed

livinginadalewonderland

16 runs required from 9 deliveries on 08:06 - Mar 20 with 2602 viewsaleanddale

9 games left to play

Away - Wycombe Fleetwood Mansfield Bristol Rovers and Newport.

Could do with the last 3 away games opposition all being safe but detached from 7th when we play them.

Home - Portsmouth York Southend and Cheltenham.

Very much the business end of the season now.
13 runs required from 8 deliveries on 21:55 - Mar 22 with 2456 viewsRAFCBLUE

13 points: (4 wins 1 draw; 3 wins 4 draws) required.

21 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM today fpr me: Jamie Allen

13 runs required from 8 deliveries on 11:55 - Mar 23 with 2252 viewsaleanddale

13 runs required from 8 deliveries on 21:55 - Mar 22 by RAFCBLUE

13 points: (4 wins 1 draw; 3 wins 4 draws) required.

21 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM today fpr me: Jamie Allen

13 from 8 ( 100% promotion )

Fleetwood and Burton not going to get 22 from there last 8.

13 from 8 would probably land the title!!

Scunny would need 15 from 8 and the spireites 16 from 7.

Up the Dale.
10 runs required from 7 deliveries on 23:11 - Mar 25 with 2072 viewsRAFCBLUE

10 points: (3 wins 1 draw; 2 wins 4 draws) required.

18 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM for me tonight: All of them. Tough to win at home once top of the league and we got the result and three goals in a considered performance ahead of Fleetwood (a) on Saturday.

Up the Dale!

10 runs required from 7 deliveries on 07:37 - Mar 26 with 1842 viewsaleanddale

10 runs required from 7 deliveries on 23:11 - Mar 25 by RAFCBLUE

10 points: (3 wins 1 draw; 2 wins 4 draws) required.

18 goals required
9 goals still to concede

MOTM for me tonight: All of them. Tough to win at home once top of the league and we got the result and three goals in a considered performance ahead of Fleetwood (a) on Saturday.

Up the Dale!

10 from 7 is amazing from where this thread started.

IF and its a BIG IF this thread reads 7 runs from 6 deliveries on Sunday morning I actually think another 4 points would probably be enough.

Favourable result Saturday and we need to restart a new thread for the title - 18 runs required from 6 deliveries!!!!!!

Up the Dale.
10 runs required from 7 deliveries on 06:36 - Mar 27 with 1639 viewsfrenzied

Turning point for me was the Lillis save against Bury in the last minute to earn us a point and the last gasp winner against Accy ..this seemed to galvanise the team into a final push ..a negative outcome in these games would have had the opposite response..10 more points should see us up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024