Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bunney 16:44 - Feb 4 with 3603 viewsDelboy

The time must surely be coming for KH to give Joe Bunney a run in the team.
Clearly KH has nurtured and protected his development in the same we he has Jamie Allen. However, everytime I have seen his cameos recently he has played well and been a threat to the opposition. More importantly despite still looking like he needs a square meal he has appeared stronger and seems to last the pace better than he did early in the season. Its also worth noting that as a team we did not do too badly against Leeds when Bunney started up front with Hogan.
With the doubts over Donnelly's confidence it seems the ideal opportunity to try and fit Bunney in because with game time and experience I think he could become a greater goal threat than Georgie.
Bunney on 23:02 - Feb 4 with 3315 viewsprestondale

No thanks. Lightweight player as was shown against Dagenham, Good game against Leeds, any others?
Bunney on 23:12 - Feb 4 with 3300 viewsJimmyRustler

Bunney on 23:02 - Feb 4 by prestondale

No thanks. Lightweight player as was shown against Dagenham, Good game against Leeds, any others?

Chesterfield away and his debut where he scored? His opportunities have been limited and I think he's done reasonably well for someone so inexperienced in the little game-time he's had.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 23:13]
Bunney on 23:21 - Feb 4 with 3278 views442Dale

Rotherham away, came on out wide and produced some good runs and set up the winner with the cross of the season.

Started v Wycombe at home and was very good. Intelligent play and a great finish for his goal.

Donnelly attributes have long been debated, but as far as pure footballing ability and awareness is concerned, Bunney is streets ahead.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bunney on 23:33 - Feb 4 with 3250 viewsSuddenLad

Bunney on 23:12 - Feb 4 by JimmyRustler

Chesterfield away and his debut where he scored? His opportunities have been limited and I think he's done reasonably well for someone so inexperienced in the little game-time he's had.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 23:13]

Debut was against Plymouth in final game of season 2012/13. Came off the bench and scored the winner from a header, the cross supplied by another debutant, Tanser.

Bunney has showed enough to be considered. I like the lad and think he is definitely one who will have lots to offer.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bunney on 08:33 - Feb 5 with 3102 views1907

Bunney on 23:02 - Feb 4 by prestondale

From what I see Bunney has one of the best attitudes at the club. Great feet and good finisher. Donnelly is absolutely dire and his attitude stinks. How you can say that is beyond me. Give the lad a break and a chance.
Bunney on 09:24 - Feb 5 with 3035 viewsJumeirahDale

Bunney on 08:33 - Feb 5 by 1907

From what I see Bunney has one of the best attitudes at the club. Great feet and good finisher. Donnelly is absolutely dire and his attitude stinks. How you can say that is beyond me. Give the lad a break and a chance.

Bloody hell - Donnelly can be accused of a lot of stuff, but a poor attitude certainly isn't one of them! Give him a break.

Agree about Bunney though, think he's a great finisher and he impressed against Leeds in an unfamiliar position.
Bunney on 10:14 - Feb 5 with 2985 viewsBeckWMG

Bunney although only still very young is far and away a better player than Donnelly already.

He has a good touch and is movement off the ball is very good and he's a great finisher.

Someone can correct me if I wrong but Bunney has only ever played 90 mins as a pro footballer once and that was against Chesterfield away where he had a great game.

KH knows he's a talent but is obviously protecting him. I feel he'll use him more as the season progresses.

If Bunney was given a run of games I'm sure he'd produce the goods but I trust in KH and he knows how to handle young talent better than most. Buckley being a good example.
Bunney on 11:07 - Feb 5 with 2908 viewsnordenblue

Bunney on 08:33 - Feb 5 by 1907

How does Bunneys attitude differ from that of Donnnelly?The last time I saw Bunney start up front was Portsmouth away and without being out of order to the lad he was shocking and eventually got subbed if my memory is right,he needs a good sunday roast down him before even considered to start week in week out hes not up to the physical side of league 2 defenders at the minute for me.From what ive seen he seems better when played out wide rather than as a target man type of striker
Login to get fewer ads

Bunney on 12:51 - Feb 5 with 2788 viewsMass_Debater

Bunney on 11:07 - Feb 5 by nordenblue

How does Bunneys attitude differ from that of Donnnelly?The last time I saw Bunney start up front was Portsmouth away and without being out of order to the lad he was shocking and eventually got subbed if my memory is right,he needs a good sunday roast down him before even considered to start week in week out hes not up to the physical side of league 2 defenders at the minute for me.From what ive seen he seems better when played out wide rather than as a target man type of striker

And everyone else had a great game that day, didn't they?
Bunney on 13:42 - Feb 5 with 2702 viewsDelboy

Bunney on 11:07 - Feb 5 by nordenblue

Personally I dont think that its a matter of attitude its about ablity and potential.
After the Portsmouth game KH admitted that he had picked the wrong team. I think he realised amongst other things that day, that despite an excellent goalscoring performance in the previous game Bunney was not ready at that time to play up front at this level.
However, time has moved on and his performances both in the first team and other matches such as in the MSC games Bunney has steadily improved (as many young players do under Hillys care) to the point where he is now worth a place in the starting lineup. A point emphasised by his selection for the Leeds game.
In the circumstances, I think Its more than likely that his starting opportunities will increase in the remaining games of the season and he could have an important part to play in the promotion push.
Bunney on 16:56 - Feb 5 with 2593 viewszxcvbnm

Bunney on 09:24 - Feb 5 by JumeirahDale

Bloody hell - Donnelly can be accused of a lot of stuff, but a poor attitude certainly isn't one of them! Give him a break.

Agree about Bunney though, think he's a great finisher and he impressed against Leeds in an unfamiliar position.

disagree, Donnelly's attitude is downcast and glum, his head goes down when he misses a chance and his lack of ability and confidence is detrimental to the team

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Bunney on 17:07 - Feb 5 with 2572 viewsDickydaler

Theres certainly nothing wrong with Donnellys attitude. He's much stronger than Bunney and has plenty of running. After saying that I would like to see Bunney given a chance alongside Hogan. But it needs to be the right sort of game for him. Hilly will decide when the time is right.
Bunney on 17:33 - Feb 5 with 2514 viewsrobbowood

Bunney on 16:56 - Feb 5 by zxcvbnm

disagree, Donnelly's attitude is downcast and glum, his head goes down when he misses a chance and his lack of ability and confidence is detrimental to the team

I don't begrudge you your opinion one bit but I've seen absolutely no evidence whatsoever of Donnelly's attitude being "downcast and glum" or "his head go down when he misses a chance"

Playing up font on his own (not least in wet and windy conditions) against umpteen defenders is not easy

As for "his lack of ability and confidence is detrimental to the team" why on earth then is Hilly picking him

I am 100% certain the rest of the players and the management are well aware of the big contribution Donnelly has made to our great season so far (even though many on this forum wouldn't agree)
Bunney on 18:27 - Feb 5 with 2421 viewsnordenblue

Bunney on 12:51 - Feb 5 by Mass_Debater

And everyone else had a great game that day, didn't they?

So you can only play well if all 10 of the others play well too,that makes sense?Regardless of how well or poorly everyone else may have played his job was to hold the ball up or perhaps even win a header all game would have been a start,not too much to ask from a player a good 4 inches bigger than anyone else challenging him id say?Hes nowhere near ready to lead the line at this level,as said by others his best games appear to be when played out wide
Bunney on 18:29 - Feb 5 with 2413 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bunney on 17:33 - Feb 5 by robbowood

I don't begrudge you your opinion one bit but I've seen absolutely no evidence whatsoever of Donnelly's attitude being "downcast and glum" or "his head go down when he misses a chance"

Playing up font on his own (not least in wet and windy conditions) against umpteen defenders is not easy

As for "his lack of ability and confidence is detrimental to the team" why on earth then is Hilly picking him

I am 100% certain the rest of the players and the management are well aware of the big contribution Donnelly has made to our great season so far (even though many on this forum wouldn't agree)

I totally agree. It' s no accident that all the forwards have attracted criticism in the central striker role. Cummins (not enough movement), Hogan (can be easily dominated and in quite a few games has had little - if any - impact), Bunney (can look very lightweight) and, of course, George (poor finishing). I think George makes no better or worse fist of it than any of the others. It's a difficult role to play as you've got to be good at everything. The likes of O'Grady don't come around too often. The system overall works well though and we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water and go the traditional route of going long to a big striker with a so -called poacher feeding off him. Our strength is our passing and movement. It might not work all the time, but it works most of the time.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 20:07]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bunney on 23:15 - Feb 5 with 2258 viewsDelboy

Bunney on 18:29 - Feb 5 by BigDaveMyCock

I totally agree. It' s no accident that all the forwards have attracted criticism in the central striker role. Cummins (not enough movement), Hogan (can be easily dominated and in quite a few games has had little - if any - impact), Bunney (can look very lightweight) and, of course, George (poor finishing). I think George makes no better or worse fist of it than any of the others. It's a difficult role to play as you've got to be good at everything. The likes of O'Grady don't come around too often. The system overall works well though and we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water and go the traditional route of going long to a big striker with a so -called poacher feeding off him. Our strength is our passing and movement. It might not work all the time, but it works most of the time.

I think your comments are a fair assesment of the position we are in and KH's recent post match statement reflects clearly the direction and style he wants us to maintain.
However, as often happens, this particular thread seems to have veered from its original purpose and become a straight argument about the relative merits of Bunney and Donnelly which it was never intended to be.
The point being made was that Bunney must surely be reaching a stage where he has earned the right and proved to KH that he is capable of a more regular starting spot between now and the end of the season.
As always only KH will decide and we can but wait and see.
Bunney on 06:44 - Feb 6 with 2195 viewsmacro

Bunney on 17:33 - Feb 5 by robbowood

Why on earth is hill picking him?

I think a majority of fans wonder that
Bunney on 07:46 - Feb 6 with 2173 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bunney on 06:44 - Feb 6 by macro

Why on earth is hill picking him?

I think a majority of fans wonder that

No they don't. There's a sizeable group that really don't like him. The majority I think are quite supportive of him.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bunney on 10:21 - Feb 6 with 2084 viewsBainesy15

Bunney on 18:29 - Feb 5 by BigDaveMyCock

Honestly don't think anyone can accuse Cummins of "not enough movement", runs his socks off every time he plays
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024