Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe Following 16:53 - Mar 19 with 8911 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

According to the OS we are being housed in the Main Stand on Saturday. That can't be right?

Saturday afternoon, nine games to go, top of the league. I'd say there could be 4-500 there.

How many did we take in 09 when Alfie scored a late winner? Similar times of the season.
Wycombe Following on 17:01 - Mar 19 with 6798 viewsColDale

just bought my ticket and it says "Main Stand Block V" on it
Wycombe Following on 17:10 - Mar 19 with 6774 viewsColDale

acc to the Football Ground guide, 350 seats are allocated to away supporters in the main stand, but that is usually in case of an overspill.

The Wycombe website mentions they are doing a push on £25 family tickets and bring a friend for £5 but no reason why the usual away end won't be open to us.
Wycombe Following on 18:29 - Mar 19 with 6634 viewsDickydaler

Is that a fact then, that we will be only housed in the main stand? Will we not be allowed into the usual away stand? Even if we pay on the day?
I hate being stuck in a corner at away matches!
Wycombe Following on 13:42 - Mar 20 with 6407 viewsColDale

Email from Wycombe

Many thanks for your email. Rochdale fans have initially been situated in the Main Stand blocks H & V based on your average away attendance this season for clubs local to Wycombe Wanderers. The Main stand holds a maximum of 293 Away fans. Should this number be met you will automatically be redirected into the usual away stand which hold up to 2000 supporters. The number of presold tickets for away fans, which I acquired about an hour ago was below 100. Hence why you are currently in the main stand.

If the walk up pushes numbers over 293 our stadium manager will redirect all dale fans into the Dreams stand. This area will then be unallocated seating.
Wycombe Following on 15:37 - Mar 20 with 6327 viewsDickydaler

You beat me to it, Col! I've just phoned Wycombe to ask the same question and was just going to post the same. The bit I missed was that if one over the 293 attend then ALL Dale fans will be moved to the Dreams Stand behind the goal. So thanks for clarifying that, Col.
Come on you Daleys, make it 294 then I can sit behind the goal!!
Wycombe Following on 15:47 - Mar 20 with 6309 viewssouthealingdale

Four of us heading up there.
Only 290 to go.

@upthedale on Twitter

Wycombe Following on 15:57 - Mar 20 with 6292 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

We'll comfortably take over 293. It all seems a bit of a nonsense tbh!
Wycombe Following on 15:59 - Mar 20 with 6284 viewsdale18

I'll go for 384 dale fans
Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe Following on 16:01 - Mar 20 with 6278 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe Following on 13:42 - Mar 20 by ColDale

Email from Wycombe

Many thanks for your email. Rochdale fans have initially been situated in the Main Stand blocks H & V based on your average away attendance this season for clubs local to Wycombe Wanderers. The Main stand holds a maximum of 293 Away fans. Should this number be met you will automatically be redirected into the usual away stand which hold up to 2000 supporters. The number of presold tickets for away fans, which I acquired about an hour ago was below 100. Hence why you are currently in the main stand.

If the walk up pushes numbers over 293 our stadium manager will redirect all dale fans into the Dreams stand. This area will then be unallocated seating.

It's good that they've responded and are prepared to be flexible on the day. Other clubs would do well to take note.

However, it seems a bit odd that they looked at our away followings to places like Oxford (in August) and AFC Wimbledon (in early February) as a guide to what we might bring when we are in the top three and it's only six weeks from the end of the season.

I forecast we will end up getting moved to behind the goal.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wycombe Following on 16:49 - Mar 20 with 6213 viewsDickydaler

Although, as someone has just pointed out to me, I can't see the 293 being moved lock, stock and pukka pie once the 294th person has tried to enter the ground!
Wycombe Following on 16:58 - Mar 20 with 6195 viewsDorsetDale

Wycombe Following on 16:49 - Mar 20 by Dickydaler

Although, as someone has just pointed out to me, I can't see the 293 being moved lock, stock and pukka pie once the 294th person has tried to enter the ground!

Depending on what time they open the turnstiles, they'll have an idea of how many are already knocking about and would imagine a decision will be made at that time. Two of us coming without tickets.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Wycombe Following on 17:02 - Mar 20 with 6190 viewsColDale

I might be late. I apologise in advance if I'm Mr 294 and I kick you all out your seats.
Wycombe Following on 20:56 - Mar 20 with 5998 viewsdebbiesfella

Wycombe Following on 16:49 - Mar 20 by Dickydaler

Don't think there was ever any mention of everyone being moved!!
Wycombe Following on 21:02 - Mar 20 with 5990 viewsColDale

Wycombe Following on 20:56 - Mar 20 by debbiesfella

Don't think there was ever any mention of everyone being moved!!

from Twitter

Wycombe Following on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 5979 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe Following on 21:02 - Mar 20 by ColDale

from Twitter

They would be better off just putting us in there as it is to avoid someone having to make a decision on the day.

Wycombe Following on 21:15 - Mar 20 with 5963 viewsColDale

Wycombe Following on 21:05 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

They would be better off just putting us in there as it is to avoid someone having to make a decision on the day.

I'd have thought there'd be some sort of health and safety concern about moving so many people at around 2-50pm
Wycombe Following on 21:17 - Mar 20 with 5961 views442Dale

At what stage do they move people? Approaching the capacity or exactly when it's reached?

What if some fans are happy they are situated on the side rather than behind the goal and don't want to move?

What if someone is about to buy three coffees? Who will carry them through to the next stand without breaking health and safety rules?

What if there are a couple of Dale dans who have settled in their seats with a tartan rug across their legs which has been tucked in neatly between the seats? Will this be yanked free by stewards and cause potential damage, not only to the rug but also offending some clan in Scotland which said tartan represents?

Basically, are Wycombe prepared to see Braveheart recreated on their doorstep?

WELL, ARE THEY?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wycombe Following on 21:22 - Mar 20 with 5941 viewsTVOS1907

Wycombe Following on 21:17 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

At what stage do they move people? Approaching the capacity or exactly when it's reached?

What if some fans are happy they are situated on the side rather than behind the goal and don't want to move?

What if someone is about to buy three coffees? Who will carry them through to the next stand without breaking health and safety rules?

What if there are a couple of Dale dans who have settled in their seats with a tartan rug across their legs which has been tucked in neatly between the seats? Will this be yanked free by stewards and cause potential damage, not only to the rug but also offending some clan in Scotland which said tartan represents?

Basically, are Wycombe prepared to see Braveheart recreated on their doorstep?

WELL, ARE THEY?

I know Dale Dan; his brother's a right prick.

Wycombe Following on 21:25 - Mar 20 with 5934 views442Dale

Wycombe Following on 21:22 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

I know Dale Dan; his brother's a right prick.

Fans. Fans.

With rugs. All of them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wycombe Following on 06:31 - Mar 21 with 5849 viewsaleanddale

Looks like someone at Wycombe has too much time on there hands.

I would expect close on 300 so why put additional pressure on themselves - Open the usual stand from 2pm and be done with it.

I can see this thread resurecting come 10pm Saturday if everybody is moved at 14.55 on Saturday!!
Wycombe Following on 11:51 - Mar 21 with 5732 viewsPDIDDY

Wycombe Following on 16:01 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

It's good that they've responded and are prepared to be flexible on the day. Other clubs would do well to take note.

However, it seems a bit odd that they looked at our away followings to places like Oxford (in August) and AFC Wimbledon (in early February) as a guide to what we might bring when we are in the top three and it's only six weeks from the end of the season.

I forecast we will end up getting moved to behind the goal.

Band waggoners a plenty

Gissa job

Wycombe Following on 11:56 - Mar 21 with 5728 viewsaleanddale

Wycombe Following on 11:51 - Mar 21 by PDIDDY

Band waggoners a plenty

We will take em Didds.

Back to 2700 at Giggle tomorrow??

E I E I E I O!!!!
Wycombe Following on 12:00 - Mar 21 with 5721 viewshildale

Two so called 'bandwaggoners' from Knebworth will be there

My son and me making our first away trip since Portsmouth......hoping for a better result!!!
Wycombe Following on 12:01 - Mar 21 with 5717 viewsPDIDDY

Wycombe Following on 11:56 - Mar 21 by aleanddale

We will take em Didds.

Back to 2700 at Giggle tomorrow??

E I E I E I O!!!!

2200 more like,

Gissa job

Wycombe Following on 13:16 - Mar 21 with 5653 viewspaulscho

All your Mong army back doing community service .

livinginadalewonderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024