Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chesterfields Final Two League Games 11:47 - Mar 26 with 7141 viewsaleanddale

Just Looking at Chesterfields last two league games and it gets better and better for us.

Burton then Fleetwood.

If - and its a BIG IF - we can win on Saturday the combination of Chesterfield playing our nearest challengers last 2 games is win win for us.

On Both weekend points WILL be dropped by some of our rivals.

Lets hope we achieve promotion quickly and then get the favour required as we push on further.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 21:29 - Mar 30 with 2428 viewsR17ALE

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 20:41 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

Just like Saturdays game against York, i think we play better when our opponents have something to play for themselves.
Yorks defence have forgotten how to concede goals so lets see if the current league leaders have the skill and penetration to tear up the form book.

It isnt a fluke that we have the best home record in league two so something has to give.

Aye. And here's one for the statisticians - York have won more games at Spotland than any other visiting side.

Conversely, Bootham Crescent is our best away venue!

I think we might see 4500 on for this one. Looking forward to it already!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 21:47 - Mar 30 with 2374 viewsHopwoodblue

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 20:41 - Mar 30 by TalkingSutty

Just like Saturdays game against York, i think we play better when our opponents have something to play for themselves.
Yorks defence have forgotten how to concede goals so lets see if the current league leaders have the skill and penetration to tear up the form book.

It isnt a fluke that we have the best home record in league two so something has to give.

Hopefully they will come looking for three points, which will give us a chance to attack them

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 07:24 - Mar 31 with 2221 viewsdalefan

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 21:47 - Mar 30 by Hopwoodblue

Hopefully they will come looking for three points, which will give us a chance to attack them

They will play how they have done for the second half of the season which has seen them have so much success. They will defend in numbers hoping to frustrate us and hit us on the break hoping to nick a goal. If they do get a goal 10 behind the ball.
Saturday will require us fans to be ultra patient and get behind the team for 90 mins.
We mustn't expect to roll them over, it could be a very ugly game, we must be patient
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 07:41 - Apr 8 with 2017 viewsaleanddale

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 07:24 - Mar 31 by dalefan

They will play how they have done for the second half of the season which has seen them have so much success. They will defend in numbers hoping to frustrate us and hit us on the break hoping to nick a goal. If they do get a goal 10 behind the ball.
Saturday will require us fans to be ultra patient and get behind the team for 90 mins.
We mustn't expect to roll them over, it could be a very ugly game, we must be patient

pretty accurate York prediction that on reflection!!

Just looking again and this combination of games on the 26th April and 3rd May will really work in our favour.

Give me mid table Chelts at Home and Newport Away any day of the week rather than be in Chesterfield Fleetwood or Burtons position.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 18:49 - Apr 21 with 1750 viewsDaley_Lama

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:48 - Mar 29 by Daley_Lama

What are people's thoughts now about these two games.

Imagine a situation where the top 3 are all promoted with 2 games to go.

On that basis Burton and Fleetwood will be secured in the playoffs.

In that situation Burton and Fleetwood could rest players in prep for the playoffs, which a title hunting Chesterfield would very much like.

Help or a hindrance? Only time will tell.

As promised, this thread is now back.

Next Saturday

Fleetwood play Southend. Southend are guaranteed a playoff spot bar a 10 GD swing and Oxford winning their final two games. Will Southend rest players, try different formations, not go fully into tackles for fear of injury? Quite possibly.

Next Sunday (after Dale, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe have all played)

Chesterfield play Burton. Burton can now no longer get automatic promotion without Rochdale losing their last two games, Chesterfield losing their last 2 games, Fleetwood beating Chesterfield but losing to Southend and a 20 GD swing. Will they rest palyers, try different formations, not go fully into tackles for fear of injury? Quite possibly

Poll: DF in or out

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 19:01 - Apr 21 with 1673 views442Dale

I'm not a subscriber to the resting players or changing a side having an effect. Those players that may come in for Southend or Burton will be looking to do well enough so they're involved in the playoffs, or to ensure they have the chance of another contract for next season. Similarly any players who are in the side aren't going to want to have a shocker in case they're dropped for the playoffs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 19:10 - Apr 21 with 1630 viewsDaley_Lama

To counter-balance what might appear a pessimistic viewpoint from myself, both Cheltenham and Newport can neither go up or down now, therefore their minds might be less focussed.

Poll: DF in or out

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 19:18 - Apr 21 with 1595 viewsTalkingSutty

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 19:01 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

I'm not a subscriber to the resting players or changing a side having an effect. Those players that may come in for Southend or Burton will be looking to do well enough so they're involved in the playoffs, or to ensure they have the chance of another contract for next season. Similarly any players who are in the side aren't going to want to have a shocker in case they're dropped for the playoffs.

I think there is also another big incentive for Southend to want to get a result at Fleetwood. They will have looked at the teams likely to be in the play offs and at this moment in time will probably want to finish in 5th or 6th position because finishing in 7th means they might have to play Fleetwood who would probably be the team they would want to avoid.

By winning at Fleetwood they will more or less be safe in their preferred play off position (losing gives York a chance to overtake them), not forgetting they are on a good run of form and will want to continue that. Anyway its all in our hands, win on Saturday and that should be enough. Its not nailed on that Fleetwood will win any of their last two games, they are both difficult fixtures.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 19:57 - Apr 21 with 1496 viewsdingdangblue

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 19:10 - Apr 21 by Daley_Lama

To counter-balance what might appear a pessimistic viewpoint from myself, both Cheltenham and Newport can neither go up or down now, therefore their minds might be less focussed.

Rather annoyingly, Cheltenham's Jamie Cureton has decided to start scoring again (3 in last 2 games).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 21:27 - Apr 21 with 1351 views442Dale

It's worth remembering how good Southend's winger Murphy was at Spotland on Good Friday.

Fleetwood will need a really nippy, defensively sound left back to cope with him.

What's that?.... Who has returned to the team in the last two games?

Ah. Stephen Jordan.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:46 - Apr 21 with 1258 viewsMasher

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 21:27 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

It's worth remembering how good Southend's winger Murphy was at Spotland on Good Friday.

Fleetwood will need a really nippy, defensively sound left back to cope with him.

What's that?.... Who has returned to the team in the last two games?

Ah. Stephen Jordan.

Stephen Jordan apparently had a good game today according to the Wycombe commentary team.

Up The Dale!!

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 23:50 - Apr 21 with 1173 viewsolympicdale

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 22:46 - Apr 21 by Masher

Stephen Jordan apparently had a good game today according to the Wycombe commentary team.

By the sounds of your earlier post, he wouldn't have had much defending to do against Borecombe.

Life is a game of fate.

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 08:05 - Apr 22 with 1059 viewsaleanddale

Nothing decided yet but we have another opportunity this weekend. Win on Saturday at Home v Cheltenham and we can eye the prize.

Now with Burton all but playoff bound it looks like its down to wire between the top 4.

Ironic that Scunthorpe could still miss out!! Or Chesterfield or us!!!

Lets get Spotland bouncing on Saturday and drag the players over the line.

First goal will be huge lets hope we can catch Cheltenham cold with there players thinking about the nightclubs in Ibiza.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 10:30 - Apr 22 with 957 viewsScunnydale

If you're at the top or the bottom, there are no easy matches at this time of year. "Freak" results happen all over the place (Wolves v Rotherham, Torquay v Dale etc).

All I do know for certain is I'm massively glad that, a few months ago, I decided to book Saturday off work.

Let's enjoy it for what it is, the last home game in a season where we've smashed most of our expectations. Let's party like we avoided relegation yesterday. Let's thank the team for some of the best football we've seen in years. Let's send the boys off to south Wales with our voices still ringing in their ears.

Beyond that? We'll see at the final whistle.
Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 06:46 - Apr 24 with 710 viewsaleanddale

Chesterfields Final Two League Games on 10:30 - Apr 22 by Scunnydale

If you're at the top or the bottom, there are no easy matches at this time of year. "Freak" results happen all over the place (Wolves v Rotherham, Torquay v Dale etc).

All I do know for certain is I'm massively glad that, a few months ago, I decided to book Saturday off work.

Let's enjoy it for what it is, the last home game in a season where we've smashed most of our expectations. Let's party like we avoided relegation yesterday. Let's thank the team for some of the best football we've seen in years. Let's send the boys off to south Wales with our voices still ringing in their ears.

Beyond that? We'll see at the final whistle.

Agreed!! and if things dont quite go to plan on Saturday at least now we get another chance v Newport.

So many twists and turns to come with only 2 games left!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024