Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice job 19:10 - Apr 3 with 1815 viewsArthurDaley

if you can get it. Nice to see my £145.50 is being well spent.
Its not as though we will make it past the first round.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2595844/BBC-taking-272-staff-World-Cup-B

A large VAT Dave

Nice job on 19:13 - Apr 3 with 1802 viewszxcvbnm

The other way of looking at it is the face the BBC's coverage is a million times better than ITV

More professional and better produced, hence the need for extra staff

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Nice job on 19:17 - Apr 3 with 1780 viewsTalkingSutty

The total cost per paying customer for the BBC world cup expenses equates to less than a pint of milk per person for the duration of the world cup. It will be my preferred channel during the tournament and i am looking forward to it starting.
Nice job on 19:20 - Apr 3 with 1746 viewsDaley_Lama

Nice job on 19:13 - Apr 3 by zxcvbnm

The other way of looking at it is the face the BBC's coverage is a million times better than ITV

More professional and better produced, hence the need for extra staff

Equally, they will be providing 24/7 electronic coverage, which I don't think ITV will be doing.

I was lucky enough once to meet the head of project for the company that served the London Olympics. She was American, but said it was a dream Olympics as the companies they dealt with were established ones they had dealt with before in Europe.

For Brazil however, it's a whole new ball game and the challenge was far greater. I would assume that the beeb will likewise find it so.

Poll: DF in or out

Nice job on 19:24 - Apr 3 with 1730 viewsBrierls

World Cup Coverage in a context we will all understand...

BBC = Keith Hill
ITV = John Coleman
Nice job on 19:29 - Apr 3 with 1709 viewselectricblue

No wonder those three as beens are grinning .....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Nice job on 19:32 - Apr 3 with 1699 viewssooty_dale

You'd be moaning more if it was on sky or bt sports and not everyone could watch it
Nice job on 20:27 - Apr 3 with 1599 viewspioneer

I flew back from Joburg on BA the day after the final in 2010. The plane was full of folks from both ITV and BBC - but the interesting thing was who flew business class and who flew economy. Its not only the number they send but the costs each one of them racks up.

Always the same - folks that dont have to raise the money (like those at the beeb) are great at spending it
Nice job on 11:06 - Apr 4 with 1315 viewsParkinsGimp

And ITV sending Adrian Chiles OMG that loon knows jack about football. And definitely a face for radio LOL
Login to get fewer ads

Nice job on 12:19 - Apr 4 with 1249 viewsrod_leach

Suprised to see an article critical of the BBC in the Daily Mail.

I'm looking forward to some decent coverage.
Nice job on 21:25 - Apr 4 with 1098 viewsLathamDale

Rather listen to lineker and shearer than chiles and townsend anyday
Nice job on 21:33 - Apr 4 with 1083 viewsKenBoon

Shearer is the worst pundit since Peter Schmeichel.

BBC's coverage is better than ITV's, but ITV often get hammered when they don't deserve it. Okay so they miss the odd goal or two but some of their feature pieces are really good. There was no excuse for Elton Welsby however... "Division three, blah blah blah, Preston North End [5 minutes later] so another defeat for Preston then".

Bring back John Barnes' Football Night.
Nice job on 22:29 - Apr 4 with 1043 viewsrobshaker

no adverts on bbc too..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024