Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill's weakness? 17:46 - Apr 12 with 8029 viewswimborne_dale

Anyone else getting deja vu?. Same old! It's now mid April and we've stopped scoring goals, well who would have thought it, after looking so good through the winter months? . Now I'm normally very supportive of Keith but why is it that whenever a prize is in sight we implode? 0-3!!!!!!! I'm not just talking about 2010 either though there is an obvious parallel today with Torquay "Top of the League. You're 'avin' a laff" and "Easy Easy". The previous season we were in a good position to secure automatic p when the bubble burst and we ended up in the playoffs with no momentum. Been listening to it on Dale Player. Not much spark, not much sign of a goal coming our way. Some one posted earlier here about "illogical substitutions". Perhaps someone who goes to more games that I could enlighten us.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 17:50]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Keith Hill's weakness? on 22:07 - Apr 12 with 2375 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:54 - Apr 12 by wimborne_dale

Would so love you to be right. Would so love this to be a 1 off defeat, its just that I can't help seeing a pattern developing,

Also my OP was partly intended to be another "struggling Rochdale" type message.

There is no pattern - apart from Keith Hill being our best ever manager who brings us success . As for deja vu. He has had 6 ends of seasons with us. 3 poor and 3 really good. 10/11,09/10,08/09. Poor last 6 games (pld18 won4). 12/13,07/08,06/07 really good (pld18 won11).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill's weakness? on 22:33 - Apr 12 with 2290 viewsDiddyDave

Burnley got the wobbles too!
Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:08 - Apr 12 with 2235 views49thseason

After the recent run of games it was almost inevitable that there would be a dip in form as their bodies will be desperate for a few "normal" weeks rather than recurring Saturday / Tuesday games. My guess is that KH will be adjusting the training schedule to build in plenty of R&R and to regain some mental sharpness. Physically the players bodies are probably screaming for a break, they just need a bit of luck to help drag themselves over the line.

We might have a (for us) big squad, but the fact is that its a relatively small core of players who have played most games recently and the added loss of O'Connell and Rose will have increased pressures on them both physically and mentally - let's not get all negative on them at the final four hurdles when a couple of good results will see us home and hosed, now is the time to really Believe!
Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:21 - Apr 12 with 2206 viewsColDale

Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:08 - Apr 12 by 49thseason

After the recent run of games it was almost inevitable that there would be a dip in form as their bodies will be desperate for a few "normal" weeks rather than recurring Saturday / Tuesday games. My guess is that KH will be adjusting the training schedule to build in plenty of R&R and to regain some mental sharpness. Physically the players bodies are probably screaming for a break, they just need a bit of luck to help drag themselves over the line.

We might have a (for us) big squad, but the fact is that its a relatively small core of players who have played most games recently and the added loss of O'Connell and Rose will have increased pressures on them both physically and mentally - let's not get all negative on them at the final four hurdles when a couple of good results will see us home and hosed, now is the time to really Believe!

Problem is that its not a dip in form. The point at Fleetwood was a great point. We played really well against a resolute York side. We win today, they get judged as great points. Today's defeat makes us judge the Fleetwood and York results in a different light, when there's no need to. It's possible for us as fans to create something which isn't there. 5pm Friday, we might be a goal difference disaster away from being in League One.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:24 - Apr 12 with 2200 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:08 - Apr 12 by 49thseason

I'm not sure I really buy that "players bodies are screaming for a break"

Of the outfield players who started today's game, only 3 (Hendo, Lund & Lancashire) have started more than 30 games. Plus, all teams have played the same number of games. If anything, it's the mental side of the game that makes a difference at this stage.

Neither do I think there's anything wrong with fans expressing their frustration on here about poor displays. No-one's lacking in Belief.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2014 23:26]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:28 - Apr 12 with 2180 viewsSalwaDale

Many things went wrong today; referee, tactics, formation, passing, substitutions, luck, pitch, headers, fear of red cards. Having said that it wasn't too bad a day at all. Possibly the worst performance of the season but we are arguably closer to promotion than we were before kick-off.

Surprised to see so many Dale fans leave early. Don't think the players deserved that. Looking forward to Friday, Monday, Saturday and Saturday.

TBBT

Keith Hill's weakness? on 00:37 - Apr 13 with 2129 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill's weakness? on 22:07 - Apr 12 by dingdangblue

There is no pattern - apart from Keith Hill being our best ever manager who brings us success . As for deja vu. He has had 6 ends of seasons with us. 3 poor and 3 really good. 10/11,09/10,08/09. Poor last 6 games (pld18 won4). 12/13,07/08,06/07 really good (pld18 won11).

Spot on DDB.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Hill's weakness? on 07:41 - Apr 13 with 2051 viewsTalkingSutty

Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:28 - Apr 12 by SalwaDale

Many things went wrong today; referee, tactics, formation, passing, substitutions, luck, pitch, headers, fear of red cards. Having said that it wasn't too bad a day at all. Possibly the worst performance of the season but we are arguably closer to promotion than we were before kick-off.

Surprised to see so many Dale fans leave early. Don't think the players deserved that. Looking forward to Friday, Monday, Saturday and Saturday.

Agree about being in a stronger position after yesterdays game. Six points ahead of Fleetwood and a better goal difference with 4 games to go is still a very good cushion to have. They need 3 of those games just to overtake us,so if we implode it still goes down to the last game.

Our next two games are against teams who have as much or even more riding on the games than we do so i reckon the team showing the most bravery and desire will come out on top.

Looking at the remaining fixtures there is no reason why we cant finish top of the pile and i reckon yesterdays result could act as a reality check and refocus the players minds to prove any doubters wrong. The negative should be turned into a positive and Southend and Brizzle should be on the recieving end.
Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill's weakness? on 08:33 - Apr 13 with 2009 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill does have weaknesses, as all managers do, but they are shadowed by his qualities. If anything, the issue at the minute is our lack of goals. Not much he can do about that (other than have brought in a more experienced striker than Lynch).

I missed the game yesterday, but have been given the details by those there, and I've seen enough prior to yesterday to know we're okay.

We had a similar unexpected defeat at Barnet a few seasons ago under Hilly and bounced back. To not win any of the next four games is hard to imagine given how we have played up to this point.

Yes, I want us to win the title, a massive achievement and a trophy for the cabinet, but, to be honest, promotion will do for me. As long as Fleetwood and Burton are at an arm's length, then all's good.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill's weakness? on 08:50 - Apr 13 with 1993 viewswindowsbug

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:38 - Apr 12 by isitme

I couldn't understand why it wasn't being watered to help the flow of the ball. Oh yes I remember they didn't want to play football.

Two home wins on a good pitch will hopefully be enough.

It was being watered when I got in the ground.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 09:17 - Apr 13 with 1962 viewsregjenkins

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:30 - Apr 12 by TalkingSutty

Agree, we were due a poor performance. On entering the stadium today the first thing i noticed was the poor condition of the pitch. We have had good weather all week and i couldnt believe how unprepared the pitch appeared.

Its not sour grapes because Mansfield deserved the win but the pitch looked full of divots and didnt look as though it had been cut.

The pitch will be worse at Newport, so i hope that its job done by then.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Keith Hill's weakness? on 12:25 - Apr 13 with 1847 viewsrobbowood

Keith Hill's weakness? on 09:17 - Apr 13 by regjenkins

The pitch will be worse at Newport, so i hope that its job done by then.

And most likely just as bad at Bristol Rovers as well with rugby being played on it as well
Keith Hill's weakness? on 12:34 - Apr 13 with 1838 viewsStranglers

Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:02 - Apr 12 by dalefan

As Keith says in his interview it's not a crisis unless we make it one.
Calm down everyone
Put it in perspective, second in the league 6 points ahead of 4th with 4 games to go. What crisis. It's at times like these the players really need our support. So come on everyone positivity please.

well said that man...

Bad day end of.

good piss up on way back

RIP-Wurzel

Keith Hill's weakness? on 14:38 - Apr 13 with 1762 viewsParkinsGimp

Yeah he does seem to bottle it I think we should of had a proven goalscorer in on loan last month since donnelly and cummins are hopeless and bunney isnt quite ready to take charge.
Dont see the worship of cavanagh and vincente either. Cav gives the ball away far too often and vincente just doesnt put his foot in enough. Hope fully we will crawl over the line but its a shame since we could go as Champions.
Hopefully this 3 game no goals is just a blip and we get back on track Friday.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 19:47 - Apr 13 with 1675 viewsdalefan

Keith Hill's weakness? on 14:38 - Apr 13 by ParkinsGimp

Yeah he does seem to bottle it I think we should of had a proven goalscorer in on loan last month since donnelly and cummins are hopeless and bunney isnt quite ready to take charge.
Dont see the worship of cavanagh and vincente either. Cav gives the ball away far too often and vincente just doesnt put his foot in enough. Hope fully we will crawl over the line but its a shame since we could go as Champions.

That's the spirit, positivity.
Just what team rochdale need - not
Keith Hill's weakness? on 20:24 - Apr 13 with 1620 views442Dale

Keith Hill's weakness? on 14:38 - Apr 13 by ParkinsGimp

There's no worship of Cavanagh. Just an acceptance that he's crucial to the way we play and had had a very good season. If anything yesterday's poor display was magnified because Cavanagh himself had his worst game of the season too. Before Mansfield he's been 7/8/9 out of 10 every week.

There's no need to dig up the stats again to prove it, but nobody has protected the back four better than the captain this season. And even though he wasn't great yesterday, there were still another couple of excellent pieces of covering when Mansfield threatened in the first half.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:18 - Apr 13 with 1527 viewsWhiteyBFC

Some blummin' wallies in this thread. Is it a coincidence that said wallies have poor grammar and struggle to both spell or construct a sentence? Who knows?

Perhaps it's easy for me to say, but any Dale fan moaning about Keith or the squad after this season you're having want to take a look back to 18 months ago.

You're going up. Automatically. Be nice to do it in style as Champions, but I'm pretty sure those who finish top and those who finish 3rd will still find themselves in the same division next season.

The same division as Barnsley, as it goes.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 07:41 - Apr 14 with 1449 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill's weakness? on 23:18 - Apr 13 by WhiteyBFC

Some blummin' wallies in this thread. Is it a coincidence that said wallies have poor grammar and struggle to both spell or construct a sentence? Who knows?

Perhaps it's easy for me to say, but any Dale fan moaning about Keith or the squad after this season you're having want to take a look back to 18 months ago.

You're going up. Automatically. Be nice to do it in style as Champions, but I'm pretty sure those who finish top and those who finish 3rd will still find themselves in the same division next season.

The same division as Barnsley, as it goes.

I have my doubts as to whether or not those posters to which you refer Whitey, are genuine Dale fans.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill's weakness? on 07:55 - Apr 14 with 1441 viewsaleanddale

What an amazing season if we can all be disapointed and critical when we are ONE point of top spot with 4 games to go and a six point cushion to 4th place.

Yes its frustrating as we want to burst through the line but if we were 8th and a point off 7th at this stage i think most on here would realise that would still be an amazing season.

Hilly and the players will work even harder in training this week to rectify the recent 3 game goal drought and I fully expect to see a positive reaction on Friday.

This Easter is Huge and the players need us to be more together and more vocal in our support than at any other point this season.

Up the Dale..

KHBA.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 09:27 - Apr 14 with 1403 viewsParkinsGimp

Keith Hill's weakness? on 07:41 - Apr 14 by fitzochris

I have my doubts as to whether or not those posters to which you refer Whitey, are genuine Dale fans.

Yes because all genuine Dale fans cant see any mistakes. Is it not a virtue to try and improve each time we play.
I didnt mean to be negative and in fact pray we sort it out and smash the onion bag a few times on Friday, at least more than Sarfend but there are weaknesses in our team that can be improved on, surely any bluetinted fan can see that.
Keith Hill's weakness? on 09:31 - Apr 14 with 1402 viewsdownunder

Keith Hill's weakness? on 22:33 - Apr 12 by DiddyDave

Burnley got the wobbles too!

Biggest wobble...Barcelona?
Keith Hill's weakness? on 11:03 - Apr 14 with 1335 viewspaulscho

I think we will all have to go to Bristol on Monday !!

livinginadalewonderland

Keith Hill's weakness? on 12:27 - Apr 14 with 1265 viewsrod_leach

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:38 - Apr 12 by isitme

I couldn't understand why it wasn't being watered to help the flow of the ball. Oh yes I remember they didn't want to play football.

Two home wins on a good pitch will hopefully be enough.

Did you not see that huge puddle caused by watering the pitch in front of our stand?
Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:22 - Apr 14 with 1096 viewswimborne_dale

Some people are being accused here of being negative (probably including myself for my OP). So while I admit that I am pessimistic on occasion, we should remember that this is a football message board so if you can't let out your disappointment, frustration and angst here then how sad is that? It isn't disloyal or not being a true fan, it's just giving vent.

So for the record: when Keith Hill was re-appointed 15 months ago I was ecstatic . We knew he was good but I think he has actually exceeded most people's expectations in getting Dale this far, this quickly. We all know well that KH is excellent at signing the right players, building a squad and getting the best out of them. He is definitely the right man for The Dale, no question. What he hasn't been so good at (until now at least) is closing the deal. But perhaps that's yet another string to be added to his bow soon - very soon.
With 4 games to go I feel sure we will get promoted, I'm guessing that 4 more points will probably be enough as even that would leave Fleetwood needing max points to overtake us.

Up The Dale
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 7:21]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Keith Hill's weakness? on 09:21 - Apr 15 with 1019 viewsaleanddale

Keith Hill's weakness? on 21:22 - Apr 14 by wimborne_dale

Some people are being accused here of being negative (probably including myself for my OP). So while I admit that I am pessimistic on occasion, we should remember that this is a football message board so if you can't let out your disappointment, frustration and angst here then how sad is that? It isn't disloyal or not being a true fan, it's just giving vent.

So for the record: when Keith Hill was re-appointed 15 months ago I was ecstatic . We knew he was good but I think he has actually exceeded most people's expectations in getting Dale this far, this quickly. We all know well that KH is excellent at signing the right players, building a squad and getting the best out of them. He is definitely the right man for The Dale, no question. What he hasn't been so good at (until now at least) is closing the deal. But perhaps that's yet another string to be added to his bow soon - very soon.
With 4 games to go I feel sure we will get promoted, I'm guessing that 4 more points will probably be enough as even that would leave Fleetwood needing max points to overtake us.

Up The Dale
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 7:21]

Nowt wrong with what you put in my eyes.

We all want the holy grail that is P..... but it will happen when it happens.

Lets do our bit in the stands on Friday, enjoy it and let the players do what they do best.

I am sure they all are as desperate as we are to get over the line sooner rather than later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024